Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
eyeless haruspex
“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”

-- Charles Bukowski

“...a God who could make good children as easily as bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave his angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice, and invented hell--mouths mercy, and invented hell--mouths Golden Rules and forgiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths morals to other people, and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honourably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites his poor abused slave to worship him!”

-- Mark Twain

poor atheist, he was rebel with God.. to much humanism in these speech

Beloved Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Teocadista
eyeless haruspex
“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”

-- Charles Bukowski

“...a God who could make good children as easily as bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave his angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice, and invented hell--mouths mercy, and invented hell--mouths Golden Rules and forgiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths morals to other people, and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honourably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites his poor abused slave to worship him!”

-- Mark Twain

too much of Satan in this post ( about being our own gods)

Tipsy Smoker

Teocadista
Teocadista
eyeless haruspex

-- Charles Bukowski

-- Mark Twain

it's realism, if i were to associate with any sort of sect it would be Satanism, in which your Christian satan has no place.

Beloved Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
eyeless haruspex
Teocadista
Teocadista
eyeless haruspex

-- Charles Bukowski

-- Mark Twain

it's realism, if i were to associate with any sort of sect it would be Satanism, in which your Christian satan has no place.

hope is a reality, you know...
satanism just makes you to become your own god until you die, so that brings you to... the same thing, what will you do after death?

Tipsy Smoker

Teocadista
eyeless haruspex
Teocadista
Teocadista
eyeless haruspex

-- Charles Bukowski

-- Mark Twain

satanism just makes you to become your own god until you die, so that brings you to... the same thing, what will you do after death?

live on in the minds and hearts of my friends, family, and those whose lives i am fortunate enough to impact in one way or another. you honestly should love your fellow man while you're here, that is kinda a requirement to get into heaven, is it not?

Beloved Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
eyeless haruspex
Teocadista
eyeless haruspex
Teocadista
Teocadista
eyeless haruspex

-- Charles Bukowski

-- Mark Twain

live on in the minds and hearts of my friends, family, and those whose lives i am fortunate enough to impact in one way or another. you honestly should love your fellow man while you're here, that is kinda a requirement to get into heaven, is it not?

thats what Im trying to tell you, if people where just truly christians, then we would live in a better world with faith in life after death... all that I've told you is the point of view of someone who doesnt believe in life after death ( the things he should start to think to himself )
Also, you're not supposed to judge another on his/her convictions, right? I would venture to say that since your faith isn't being called under fire, you'd best not be so defensive. Not that I care about your walk with your 'God' but, be more careful lest you contradict your own beliefs.

Friendly Raider

Teocadista
SaguaroDundee
Teocadista
eyeless haruspex
Teocadista
living life thinking that there's nothing after death - it would have been better that you won't even existed at all

if you see God as of being different to anyone, then you think that you are your own God, which implies that you don't know s**t about what will come after death, so you would be a worthless god

once you learn to respect and accept death maybe you will understand that "life after death" is an impossibility presented in many religions to invoke servitude.

if I accept death, then I would have killed myself a long time ago

Death is inevitable. The only chance one has of a "true" immortal soul belongs with the message and energy one emits during life. The fact is that your words and actions will be stored in other peoples brains, for eternity if your message was meaningful to society at large or to your friend group whom will share your habits. If I write a book, I may become immortalized in people brains. To which I would then spread out through their interpretation of me.

Your life after death is not yours, it will belong to the people. Will your words and actions be cherished by future generations, or hated? Will your god be worthless because of your actions or will they embrace your god?

What counts is the now, as now is simply part of eternity. If you perceive your life as separate from eternity, than what you work for will be brought quicker by your death.

yeah, but everything that I sotred on their brains will be worthless, meaningless... there will be no point of doing anything if I do things when I know that I will die. There's no reward for me if I leave knowledge on everyone's brain if I die and if they die.. is just pointless to live if you will die for nothing, but I believe in continuing my life in God after I die.

Your words force me to reflect on the man Jesus, not the miraculous Jesus. A man who would give his other cheek and let someone step on his god for the self-satisfaction of someone else's God. A man who simply spoke and people loved. A man who accepted death with such credulity that he forgave Judice and the men who gouged his flesh and strung him on a cross. Did his message last the eternity as Jesus knew it? I'm not so sure, for his OWN God is nothing like yours. Jesus's God never was selfish, malevolent nor commanding. Can you readily call yourself a christian, would you claim your life as worthy as his? A life so worthy that you cherish simply making an impact on what you know, for the love of the creations of Jesus's God? Are Jesus words and logical actions worthless to you? You seem to disdain for your own gods creations. It pains me to read you words.

Beloved Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
SaguaroDundee
Teocadista
SaguaroDundee
Teocadista
eyeless haruspex
Teocadista
living life thinking that there's nothing after death - it would have been better that you won't even existed at all

if you see God as of being different to anyone, then you think that you are your own God, which implies that you don't know s**t about what will come after death, so you would be a worthless god

once you learn to respect and accept death maybe you will understand that "life after death" is an impossibility presented in many religions to invoke servitude.

Death is inevitable. The only chance one has of a "true" immortal soul belongs with the message and energy one emits during life. The fact is that your words and actions will be stored in other peoples brains, for eternity if your message was meaningful to society at large or to your friend group whom will share your habits. If I write a book, I may become immortalized in people brains. To which I would then spread out through their interpretation of me.

Your life after death is not yours, it will belong to the people. Will your words and actions be cherished by future generations, or hated? Will your god be worthless because of your actions or will they embrace your god?

What counts is the now, as now is simply part of eternity. If you perceive your life as separate from eternity, than what you work for will be brought quicker by your death.

yeah, but everything that I sotred on their brains will be worthless, meaningless... there will be no point of doing anything if I do things when I know that I will die. There's no reward for me if I leave knowledge on everyone's brain if I die and if they die.. is just pointless to live if you will die for nothing, but I believe in continuing my life in God after I die.

Your words force me to reflect on the man Jesus, not the miraculous Jesus. A man who would give his other cheek and let someone step on his god for the self-satisfaction of someone else's God. A man who simply spoke and people loved. A man who accepted death with such credulity that he forgave Judice and the men who gouged his flesh and strung him on a cross. Did his message last the eternity as Jesus knew it? I'm not so sure, for his OWN God is nothing like yours. Jesus's God never was selfish, malevolent nor commanding. Can you readily call yourself a christian, would you claim your life as worthy as his? A life so worthy that you cherish simply making an impact on what you know, for the love of the creation of his God? Are Jesus words and logical actions worthless to you? You seem to disdain for your own gods creations. It pains me to read you words.

bro thats true, but the thing you quoted was just in the point of view of someone who isnt a christian, for someone who clamis to be an atheist should think of before saying to be an atheist.. understand? what you said there is all true, but I was playing the role of a hopeless

Tipsy Smoker

SaguaroDundee
Teocadista
SaguaroDundee
Teocadista
eyeless haruspex
Teocadista

Your words force me to reflect on the man Jesus, not the miraculous Jesus. A man who would give his other cheek and let someone step on his god for the self-satisfaction of someone else's God. A man who simply spoke and people loved. A man who accepted death with such credulity that he forgave Judice and the men who gouged his flesh and strung him on a cross. Did his message last the eternity as Jesus knew it? I'm not so sure, for his OWN God is nothing like yours. Jesus's God never was selfish, malevolent nor commanding. Can you readily call yourself a christian, would you claim your life as worthy as his? A life so worthy that you cherish simply making an impact on what you know, for the love of the creations of Jesus's God? Are Jesus words and logical actions worthless to you? You seem to disdain for your own gods creations. It pains me to read you words.

well ******** said, gg on this thread

discuss screaming females coverin Sheryl Crow

Beloved Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Teocadista
SaguaroDundee
Teocadista
SaguaroDundee
Teocadista

Your words force me to reflect on the man Jesus, not the miraculous Jesus. A man who would give his other cheek and let someone step on his god for the self-satisfaction of someone else's God. A man who simply spoke and people loved. A man who accepted death with such credulity that he forgave Judice and the men who gouged his flesh and strung him on a cross. Did his message last the eternity as Jesus knew it? I'm not so sure, for his OWN God is nothing like yours. Jesus's God never was selfish, malevolent nor commanding. Can you readily call yourself a christian, would you claim your life as worthy as his? A life so worthy that you cherish simply making an impact on what you know, for the love of the creation of his God? Are Jesus words and logical actions worthless to you? You seem to disdain for your own gods creations. It pains me to read you words.

bro thats true, but the thing you quoted was just in the point of view of someone who isnt a christian, for someone who clamis to be an atheist should think of before saying to be an atheist.. understand? what you said there is all true, but I was playing the role of a hopeless

and sorry my miscommunication D:

Beloved Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
and brosand sis's Im gonna get some sleep, I will continue the discussion later just in case.. I'm liking this one.. good night everyone who's place at night and good day for those who's place isn't at night

Friendly Raider

Teocadista
SaguaroDundee
Teocadista
SaguaroDundee
Teocadista

I remain an Theological Non-Cognitive Christian in the only sense that I accept Jesus's God into my mind sense, as viewed by Thomas Jeffereson's God. My own god is myself and my love for what I sense, perhaps to powerful and limitless to define. Therefore I need no vocabulary word to describe my being.
I do hope you mean to say that you're trolling. I get that, a lot of atheists like to pull out ultra-angry s**t. But I mean, it could be that you're trying to worm out of some good discussion.

Beloved Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
SaguaroDundee
Teocadista
SaguaroDundee
Teocadista
SaguaroDundee
Teocadista

I remain an Theological Non-Cognitive Christian in the only sense that I accept Jesus's God into my mind sense, as viewed by Thomas Jeffereson's God. My own god is myself and my love for what I sense, perhaps to powerful and limitless to define. Therefore I need no vocabulary word to describe my being.
I do hope you mean to say that you're trolling. I get that, a lot of atheists like to pull out ultra-angry s**t. But I mean, it could be that you're trying to worm out of some good discussion.

believe whatever you want.. there's one thing called faith.. well, you won't convince me and I won't convince you so, I don't know what to say.. good time discussing with you biggrin

Tipsy Smoker

Teocadista
SaguaroDundee
Teocadista
SaguaroDundee
Teocadista

believe whatever you want.. there's one thing called faith.. well, you won't convince me and I won't convince you so, I don't know what to say.. good time discussing with you biggrin

you don't know what to say because your faith has no foundation IMO

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces