Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Raider

Now, now bad cop emotion_dealwithit , perhaps our modern spirituality is too much for someone who has been indoctrinated with the words of many Middle Eastern gods far longer than I have.
Our curiosity for philosophy, history and science help build our foundation. I lay out hope that she looks into the same.

Friendly Raider

eyeless haruspex

Not diggin it. I'm hungry too.....

Tipsy Smoker

SaguaroDundee
eyeless haruspex

i love them, can't help it. even playin a Sheryl Crow song.

Friendly Raider

eyeless haruspex
SaguaroDundee
eyeless haruspex

I'll look into their not Sheryl Crow song. The vocalist seems interesting.

Friendly Raider

Scarch
Just out of curiosity, do you guys think that what you think has any impact on what is?

Yes, every action your body makes interacts with the very ether of the universe.

Friendly Raider

eyeless haruspex
SaguaroDundee
eyeless haruspex

******** yeah, screaming females is chill as ********.
Recc me an album.

Tipsy Smoker

SaguaroDundee
eyeless haruspex
SaguaroDundee
eyeless haruspex

******** yeah, screaming females is chill as ********.
Recc me an album.

http://screamingfemales.bandcamp.com/album/castle-talk

song "boyfriend" is also great

Rich Capitalist

The Wholly Of Nothingness
TURTLE BASED WEAPONRY
No but in all seriousness. If there isn't a god that lays down some good guidelines, rules and whatnot. What is the purpose of his existence? How much focus will we give god? What will god be to us in the afterlife?
there doesn't need to be a reason

if a god exists or if gods exist he/they do not need to have any part in our development nor have given us "guidelines"

Precisely why there shouldn't be one. Also everything has a purpose, sometimes we don't understand what it is but even things with seemingly no purpose have one or were made into one.

Also I talk about guidelines because there is good and bad in the world and you just wonder whether everyone should end up with the same fate after death? Not saying that bad people should go to hell (no one deserves eternal punishment, that is just cruel and stupid) but that they go through a series of trials or punishments they must face before being a part of the one that is all and the all that is one... the universe.
everything you said here is super wrong and i really don't care to get into it

Versatile Explorer

TURTLE BASED WEAPONRY
TURTLE BASED WEAPONRY
No but in all seriousness. If there isn't a god that lays down some good guidelines, rules and whatnot. What is the purpose of his existence? How much focus will we give god? What will god be to us in the afterlife?

if a god exists or if gods exist he/they do not need to have any part in our development nor have given us "guidelines"

Precisely why there shouldn't be one. Also everything has a purpose, sometimes we don't understand what it is but even things with seemingly no purpose have one or were made into one.

Also I talk about guidelines because there is good and bad in the world and you just wonder whether everyone should end up with the same fate after death? Not saying that bad people should go to hell (no one deserves eternal punishment, that is just cruel and stupid) but that they go through a series of trials or punishments they must face before being a part of the one that is all and the all that is one... the universe.

no really, do explain... while I'm at it, let me explain my position as it was incorrectly explained:

I meant to say that people should face trials and undergo changes after death before reuniting with God(s). I am using the universe as that which we are all a part of. If gods do exist, they created this universe or they came from it which in turn created us.

The reason why I say there shouldn't be god(s) if we have nothing to do with them is because if there were no desire to seek out something beyond us, why do we need them? I'm not trying to hint that gods ordered us to live in any way. But if they did exist and we lived our lives with the purpose to enjoy ourselves to the fullest, we did it knowing that a god/gods made this for us. Or that we were just aiming to know the unknown.

This takes me back to everything having a purpose, gods may have created us for our own enjoyment and to become creators ourselves, they leave us be to see what we can do with what we have. Gods may have created us to love us, we don't know the reasons why Gods may created us, the universe, planets, stars, other living beings, etc. (for their glory, out of boredom, to have other beings do their bidding as new creators, to love them, whatever the reason may be)

But God is the way to know the ultimate reality which I can say is our purpose. To find out what what that is in any way we know.

Rich Capitalist

TURTLE BASED WEAPONRY
TURTLE BASED WEAPONRY

no really, do explain... while I'm at it, let me explain my position as it was incorrectly explained:

I meant to say that people should face trials and undergo changes after death before reuniting with God(s). I am using the universe as that which we are all a part of. If gods do exist, they created this universe or they came from it which in turn created us.

The reason why I say there shouldn't be god(s) if we have nothing to do with them is because if there were no desire to seek out something beyond us, why do we need them? I'm not trying to hint that gods ordered us to live in any way. But if they did exist and we lived our lives with the purpose to enjoy ourselves to the fullest, we did it knowing that a god/gods made this for us. Or that we were just aiming to know the unknown.

This takes me back to everything having a purpose, gods may have created us for our own enjoyment and to become creators ourselves, they leave us be to see what we can do with what we have. Gods may have created us to love us, we don't know the reasons why Gods may created us, the universe, planets, stars, other living beings, etc. (for their glory, out of boredom, to have other beings do their bidding as new creators, to love them, whatever the reason may be)

But God is the way to know the ultimate reality which I can say is our purpose. To find out what what that is in any way we know.
there does not need to be a purpose for a god or gods. that doesn't mean that they should not exist. that same logic dictates that just because people serve no purpose, we should not exist, but by your logic everything has a purpose. that is deceiving. things with no purpose have just as much right as things that serve one, which might i add, purpose is what we define for that particular thing. a bottle openers purpose is to open bottles but it could have many other purposes that we do not define it as having

nothing has a purpose, just the same as things that are defined have a purpose. with that in mind, gods that serve no purpose and do nothing, serve a purpose by having done nothing. their job is then defined as solely existing to do nothing

and guidelines are stupid. the whole good vs bad is stupid.

Versatile Explorer

TURTLE BASED WEAPONRY
TURTLE BASED WEAPONRY
TURTLE BASED WEAPONRY

there does not need to be a purpose for a god or gods. that doesn't mean that they should not exist. that same logic dictates that just because people serve no purpose, we should not exist, but by your logic everything has a purpose. that is deceiving. things with no purpose have just as much right as things that serve one, which might i add, purpose is what we define for that particular thing. a bottle openers purpose is to open bottles but it could have many other purposes that we do not define it as having

nothing has a purpose, just the same as things that are defined have a purpose. with that in mind, gods that serve no purpose and do nothing, serve a purpose by having done nothing. their job is then defined as solely existing to do nothing

We do have a purpose though, some more than one! Most of us just don't know what are our purposes! Many people don't know themselves and don't even take the time to do some self-analyzing. xd

Everyone deserves to live man, I never said otherwise! smile
And I agree with you, guidelines and (good vs. bad) is stupid. We all have value and significance in one way or another.

Rich Capitalist

TURTLE BASED WEAPONRY
TURTLE BASED WEAPONRY

We do have a purpose though, some more than one! Most of us just don't know what are our purposes! Many people don't know themselves and don't even take the time to do some self-analyzing. xd

And I agree with you, guidelines and (good vs. bad) is stupid. We all have value and significance in one way or another.
as i said with the bottle opener. purpose is defined by us. nothing has a true purpose other than progress.

the whole animal kingdom adopts this and is fine with it. just because we are sentient and can freely choose a purpose does not mean that we were born with that purpose.

what we define ourselves is not purpose, if it was, you'd have to adopt the idea that everything is already planned and we have no free will

Versatile Explorer

TURTLE BASED WEAPONRY
TURTLE BASED WEAPONRY
TURTLE BASED WEAPONRY

as i said with the bottle opener. purpose is defined by us. nothing has a true purpose other than progress.

the whole animal kingdom adopts this and is fine with it. just because we are sentient and can freely choose a purpose does not mean that we were born with that purpose.

what we define ourselves is not purpose, if it was, you'd have to adopt the idea that everything is already planned and we have no free will

Yup, our purpose is to progress, change. Well I don't wanna get philosophical/psychological on you but some of choices are constrained. We are free to choose but some choices we cannot change. Read John Hospers (philosopher) & B.F. Skinner (psychologist) on determinism.

Rich Capitalist

TURTLE BASED WEAPONRY
TURTLE BASED WEAPONRY

Yup, our purpose is to progress, change. Well I don't wanna get philosophical/psychological on you but some of choices are constrained. We are free to choose but some choices we cannot change. Read John Hospers (philosopher) & B.F. Skinner (psychologist) on determinism.
give me examples of things that we cannot change

Beloved Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
eyeless haruspex
Teocadista
SaguaroDundee
Teocadista
SaguaroDundee
Teocadista

yeah, but everything that I sotred on their brains will be worthless, meaningless... there will be no point of doing anything if I do things when I know that I will die. There's no reward for me if I leave knowledge on everyone's brain if I die and if they die.. is just pointless to live if you will die for nothing, but I believe in continuing my life in God after I die.

Your words force me to reflect on the man Jesus, not the miraculous Jesus. A man who would give his other cheek and let someone step on his god for the self-satisfaction of someone else's God. A man who simply spoke and people loved. A man who accepted death with such credulity that he forgave Judice and the men who gouged his flesh and strung him on a cross. Did his message last the eternity as Jesus knew it? I'm not so sure, for his OWN God is nothing like yours. Jesus's God never was selfish, malevolent nor commanding. Can you readily call yourself a christian, would you claim your life as worthy as his? A life so worthy that you cherish simply making an impact on what you know, for the love of the creation of his God? Are Jesus words and logical actions worthless to you? You seem to disdain for your own gods creations. It pains me to read you words.

bro thats true, but the thing you quoted was just in the point of view of someone who isnt a christian, for someone who clamis to be an atheist should think of before saying to be an atheist.. understand? what you said there is all true, but I was playing the role of a hopeless

I remain an Theological Non-Cognitive Christian in the only sense that I accept Jesus's God into my mind sense, as viewed by Thomas Jeffereson's God. My own god is myself and my love for what I sense, perhaps to powerful and limitless to define. Therefore I need no vocabulary word to describe my being.
I do hope you mean to say that you're trolling. I get that, a lot of atheists like to pull out ultra-angry s**t. But I mean, it could be that you're trying to worm out of some good discussion.

believe whatever you want.. there's one thing called faith.. well, you won't convince me and I won't convince you so, I don't know what to say.. good time discussing with you biggrin

you don't know what to say because your faith has no foundation IMO

has no foundation.. hey bro.. the catholic church was founded by Jesus Christ, why do you think satanism hates that church so much? because it was founded by the sinless, pure, human ever ( God itself )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff