Total Votes:[ 327 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 ... 19 20 21 >

Anxious Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Firestarter 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
User Image

I'm not sure if anyone knew this, but I just started watching Golden Time, and to my surprise Nana Osaki made an appearance, I was fairly amused. Does anyone know of any other animes that do this? (even if it isn't Nana related)
AliceCullen780
So I tried to find the issue of cookie with the calendar on cd Japan but couldn't find it there. Guessing since it's so new. Anyone have a link to where I can order it???

Alice, look for it on Ebay. I found my issue there... MAybe you have the chance to get one. It's bit more expensive.
Thanks person above me lol I'll look there. I just wanted to say here that when I was younger I was a bit too crazy about nana. I made Facebook pages for all of them. So today I got a notification that tomorrow is Nobus 35th birthday. Lol I did the days accurate. Crazy how long ago the series started considering he was barley 21.

Wealthy Sex Symbol

10,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Flatterer 200
Still miss this series everyday. <3 I'll never stop holding out for it starting back up, because this series seriously just has a way of captivating your heart and makes you miss those simpler days when you could focus on your dreams and spend your time with your closest friends.

Beloved Dog

shadowpal2
Hi everyone,

I created an account just to post this but:

http://tv.yahoo.co.jp/program/?sid=37720

This is to show that they are actually having a TV program in Japan later tonight where they get some japanese talents together who will discuss about why they're obsessed w/ NANA.

This in no way is confirmation yet that the series will continue from next year or something like that - BUT let's just say I'm just glad that they are talking about it.

But why WOULD they talk about a manga if IT IS NOT going to start again? Also considering the new calendar illustration and all - I'm feeling it, I think we'll see NANA come back soon. I want to believe.

Hey thanks! That's so cool! I'll add it to the opening post! It would be cool to get a transcription/translation of that panel.

It reaalllyyy makes me wonder, ya know? Cookie promotes NANA pretty hard despite it being off-serialization since 2009.

Beloved Dog

Trainer Meg
User Image

I'm not sure if anyone knew this, but I just started watching Golden Time, and to my surprise Nana Osaki made an appearance, I was fairly amused. Does anyone know of any other animes that do this? (even if it isn't Nana related)
I'm sure this happens a lot in comedies!

The only one I can recall at the moment would be Baccano character cameos in Durarara... but they were made in the same studio.

Beloved Dog

a n a l a i g h
Update 12/23:

I just received the December issue of Cookie magazine from Japan- the Nana calendar is beautiful!

Nana was also the theme for the appendixe!
Below are links to the pictures I have taken of the appendix:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And a beautiful Japanese woman translated it for me:

"First picture:
Mangaka Ai Yazawa introducing 2016 Nana Calendar
The attached gift of this month's magazine is 2016 NANA calendar illustrated by Ai Yazawa.
The theme of this calendar is the life After "NANA".
You will enjoy imagining the stories behind each month's illustration.
Person 1 said : "I like the March and April ones because of warm hearted feeling infer from them."
Person 2 said: "I like the February one because it's so cool!"

Picture 2:
1. "NANA" illustration calendar! Yazawa created these illustration by thinking of how every character will be after "NANA" story ended.
2. It's a gorgeous calendar, you can enjoy beautifully drawn illustration every month!
3. Pooh, then how about this month...and this character... Wow I am excited just to imagine how they are now!
3. But I'm sure Miss M (the one with glasses) must be crying in joy each new month because if seeing these beautifully drawn illustration!
4. No.... I'm not crying.... I'm an adult for goodness sake.... (Tears streaming down) "Well I clearly see clean tear streak coming down your eyes!"

Picture 2, panel 1 gives me hope- since this is a calendar inspired after Nana ends, maybe she will finish it!

Wow! Thanks for this!!! I'll add it to the Opening Post!

Beloved Dog

Okay so right now I'm going to clean up this thread's opening post. There are a bunch of broken links for images.... so I will try to find them again for everyone. And THEN I will save all images in a place with a permanent link.

And by "right now" hopefully that means sometime this week lol
(I am alicecullen 780 btw, finally updated my name lol)

I've already been confirmed on my favorite tv show ever , Gilmore girls, is getting a reboot. Now if I could just get my manga to I could die happy lol

So hear me out. 2016 marks 7 years since nana went on hiatus. Now I know yazawa did not plan to get sick and I'm in no way implying that or that she's lying. However , after years of not being able to work , maybe , just maybe she decided to pick up the show after 7 years. Using that iconic number and the fact that she shows us some future events in the manga to begin with... It works But now ,7 years later, having the future timeline be the main one now. What do you guys think? It be pretty cool to me!
Meggzz_Xp
Thanks person above me lol I'll look there. I just wanted to say here that when I was younger I was a bit too crazy about nana. I made Facebook pages for all of them. So today I got a notification that tomorrow is Nobus 35th birthday. Lol I did the days accurate. Crazy how long ago the series started considering he was barley 21.

You're welcome. I am crazy about getting news. Maybe it's right and she starts to continue the series after 7 long years.
Now I have all mangas of the German version in my book shelf and hope so much that there'll be some more...

Werewolf

elpantalones

Wow! Thanks for this!!! I'll add it to the Opening Post!
No problem!
I already had it all anyway, so I figured I would share with you guys.
It's not like there was any real news in it-
but now people don't have to wonder about whether or not there was!
Hi so after a year of looking for something about continuation of Nana i found this but all that is really messy so can someone please tell me most important info about what's happening? Thank you <3
Polish_Girl03
Hi so after a year of looking for something about continuation of Nana i found this but all that is really messy so can someone please tell me most important info about what's happening? Thank you <3

Ai Yazawa is currently drawing pictures for cookie magazine, in the last issues there always have been a goodie with nana related stuff. Like a calender or note pads etc...

But until today there's no confirmation that nana continues... We all hope for because it's unusual that there's so much staff in cookie magazine about nana (goodies/gifts)

Friendly Giver

8,975 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
I would love NANA to be completed! I wonder what will happen when the baby is born!

Interesting Poster

4,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Gaian 50
I would love too see her work on more things. I loved reading Nana as well as Paradise Kiss,Last Quarter, and Tenshi Nanka Ja Nai. I somehow feel a strong connection to all of her characters even though I know they do not really exist. Plus I want to know if Hachi find Nana in England, and ifHachi ever gets back together with Nobu, crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff