Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Seeker

Slaughter In The Vatican
sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal
Slaughter In The Vatican
Metal bands. Like I said in the op. You're trying just way too hard.
You edited the OP, though exclaim

Also:

Luna Thoth
Well you posted the first metal band in your OP, so you kinda answered your question.

Who would disagree with this? Not to mention this topic has been discussed to death here (and everywhere).

Slaughter In The Vatican
Not everyone agrees with it, though. I was asking everyone else what they thought.
They are wrong. There is no other first metal band.
Even if I edited it, it was still 'metal band'.

I've met people who consider otherwise. People can have opinions.

The people here seem really ******** hostile for no reason.

Genre is fact.
I think Sabbath is the first, too. Are you trying to change other peoples opinions through me or something?

Genre is fact.
By this, I mean that it has nothing to do with opinion.

Shirtless Seeker

Slaughter In The Vatican
sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal

Also:

Who would disagree with this? Not to mention this topic has been discussed to death here (and everywhere).

No one is being hostile, though.

Who would you say is a candidate for first metal band, outside of Black Sabbath?
Well, maybe not hostile, but they don't let anything go, in fact they latch onto things, initiating stupid s**t for no reason.

I don't consider anyone other than Sabbath, I'm saying other people do and they're entitled to think what they want.

Doesn't mean they're not wrong.
Opinions aren't wrong or right.

They're not opinions.

By your reasoning, I can say that Lady Gaga's music is metal and not be wrong.

Prophet

sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican
sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal

Also:

Genre is fact.
I think Sabbath is the first, too. Are you trying to change other peoples opinions through me or something?

Genre is fact.
That doesn't mean Sabbath were the first. They're heavy metal, sure. But them being a certain genre has nothing to do with if they were first or not. Even then, it doesn't make any sense saying something is a fact when it varies throughout so many other people's minds. Are you a ******** Nazi or something?
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal
Slaughter In The Vatican
Metal bands. Like I said in the op. You're trying just way too hard.

Also:

Luna Thoth
Well you posted the first metal band in your OP, so you kinda answered your question.

Slaughter In The Vatican
Not everyone agrees with it, though. I was asking everyone else what they thought.

Who would you say is a candidate for first metal band, outside of Black Sabbath?
Well, maybe not hostile, but they don't let anything go, in fact they latch onto things, initiating stupid s**t for no reason.

I don't consider anyone other than Sabbath, I'm saying other people do and they're entitled to think what they want.
No they are not. That's like saying that people are just allowed to think 2 + 2 equals 5 (without using stupid algebra, etc.).

No metal band came before Sabbath, so how could there have been a first before them? Zeppelin aren't metal so they are out of the window. Steppenwolf saying "heavy metal" first doesn't really mean much at all. Cream, Sir Lord Baltimore, Deep Purple, Arthur Brown, etc. are all also legitimately not metal.

Genres are not opinions just the same way that you wouldn't say a doberman is a reptile.

Fashionable Cat

sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican
sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal

They're not opinions.

Prophet

sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican
sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal

They're not opinions.

That's up to you. However you make it up in your mind, if you believed she was metal, in your own mind, you'd be right. Other people may think you're completely wrong, but that's just how they make it up in their mind.

There's not like some kind of rubric bands have to follow or are put into just so you can reign over other's opinions and be 'right'.

Shirtless Seeker

Slaughter In The Vatican
sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican
sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal

Also:

Genre is fact.

Genre is fact.
That doesn't mean Sabbath were the first. They're heavy metal, sure. But them being a certain genre has nothing to do with if they were first or not. Even then, it doesn't make any sense saying something is a fact when it varies throughout so many other people's minds. Are you a ******** Nazi or something?

What something is is independant of what I think of it.
It doesn't matter how many people are wrong.
They're still wrong.
Slaughter In The Vatican
sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican
sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal

Also:

Genre is fact.

Genre is fact.
This is not how you treat facts and it is exactly why there are so many special snowflakes in the world who think that just because they have a mind that they are entitled to believe something entirely untrue.

Prophet

tim is a portal
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal

Also:

No they are not. That's like saying that people are just allowed to think 2 + 2 equals 5 (without using stupid algebra, etc.).

No metal band came before Sabbath, so how could there have been a first before them? Zeppelin aren't metal so they are out of the window. Steppenwolf saying "heavy metal" first doesn't really mean much at all. Cream, Sir Lord Baltimore, Deep Purple, Arthur Brown, etc. are all also legitimately not metal.

Genres are not opinions just the same way that you wouldn't say a doberman is a reptile.
Genres are just how people classify them, there's no committee that rules a band a certain genre.

Fashionable Cat

tim is a portal
That's like saying that people are just allowed to think 2 + 2 equals 5
i think i saw somewhere recently that it was proven that like .000000000000000000000000000000000000001+.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001=0 or something
i can't remember the details but ******** math how does it work

also i'd support you by quoting my posts about salamanders being amphibians and bassoons not being oboes but i just can't be bothered exclaim

i might just go find them anyway and save them somewhere so i don't have to do the work later cause it's obviously a common misconception that music classification is opinion and not fact

Shirtless Seeker

Slaughter In The Vatican
sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican
sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal

They're not opinions.

That's up to you. However you make it up in your mind, if you believed she was metal, in your own mind, you'd be right. Other people may think you're completely wrong, but that's just how they make it up in their mind.

There's not like some kind of rubric bands have to follow or are put into just so you can reign over other's opinions and be 'right'.

Thinking you're right does not make you right.

Prophet

sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican
sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican
sojikai

Genre is fact.

Genre is fact.

They're still wrong.
If you're mind, yes.
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal

Also:

Genres are just how people classify them, there's no committee that rules a band a certain genre.
Music is math and if math is not fact, then you are a rabbit.
Like a Banner
tim is a portal
That's like saying that people are just allowed to think 2 + 2 equals 5
i think i saw somewhere recently that it was proven that like .000000000000000000000000000000000000001+.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001=0 or something
i can't remember the details but ******** math how does it work

also i'd support you by quoting my posts about salamanders being amphibians and bassoons not being oboes but i just can't be bothered exclaim

i might just go find them anyway and save them somewhere so i don't have to do the work later cause it's obviously a common misconception that music classification is opinion and not fact
yeah, math is weird
Slaughter In The Vatican
sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican
sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican

Genre is fact.

They're still wrong.
If you're mind, yes.
Slaughter In The Vatican
Are you a ******** Nazi or something?

The Nazis were right. We're right. You're wrong. Stop.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff