sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican
sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican
sojikai

Doesn't mean they're not wrong.
Opinions aren't wrong or right.

They're not opinions.

By your reasoning, I can say that Lady Gaga's music is metal and not be wrong.
That's up to you. However you make it up in your mind, if you believed she was metal, in your own mind, you'd be right. Other people may think you're completely wrong, but that's just how they make it up in their mind.

There's not like some kind of rubric bands have to follow or are put into just so you can reign over other's opinions and be 'right'.

Thinking you're right does not make you right.
If you think you're right, IN YOUR OWN MIND, you are right.

Someone else may think it's wrong, but that's still just in the other person's mind that they think that.

There's no official standard on what's right and wrong in someone's own mind.

Fashionable Cat

tim is a portal
Slaughter In The Vatican
sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican
sojikai

Genre is fact.
By this, I mean that it has nothing to do with opinion.
That doesn't mean Sabbath were the first. They're heavy metal, sure. But them being a certain genre has nothing to do with if they were first or not. Even then, it doesn't make any sense saying something is a fact when it varies throughout so many other people's minds. Are you a ******** Nazi or something?

What something is is independant of what I think of it.
It doesn't matter how many people are wrong.
They're still wrong.
If you're mind, yes.
Slaughter In The Vatican
Are you a ******** Nazi or something?

The Nazis were right. We're right. You're wrong. Stop.
posting quality decreased significantly once i was a rabbit

Prophet

tim is a portal
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal
No one is being hostile, though.

Who would you say is a candidate for first metal band, outside of Black Sabbath?
Well, maybe not hostile, but they don't let anything go, in fact they latch onto things, initiating stupid s**t for no reason.

I don't consider anyone other than Sabbath, I'm saying other people do and they're entitled to think what they want.
No they are not. That's like saying that people are just allowed to think 2 + 2 equals 5 (without using stupid algebra, etc.).

No metal band came before Sabbath, so how could there have been a first before them? Zeppelin aren't metal so they are out of the window. Steppenwolf saying "heavy metal" first doesn't really mean much at all. Cream, Sir Lord Baltimore, Deep Purple, Arthur Brown, etc. are all also legitimately not metal.

Genres are not opinions just the same way that you wouldn't say a doberman is a reptile.
Genres are just how people classify them, there's no committee that rules a band a certain genre.
Music is math and if math is not fact, then you are a rabbit.
That doesn't make any ******** sense. Sure, rhythm and everything, it can involve fractions and whatnot. But genres aren't mathematical. Genres aren't something you can confide in a little box and have it be a specific certain way.
I mean, how can one be right just because they think they are right. That is possibly the dumbest thing I've read here in the longest time.

The logic behind it would support the Nazis, it would support Jihad, it would support the men who were against the womens suffrage, and it would support us.

It also, no less, defeats your argument that we are wrong for thinking that genres are facts if we believe that we are right.

If everyone is right and everyone is wrong, then what is logic, what is it to be a sentient being? Please think about what you are saying and what you have said.

Because it's really dumb.
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal

Who would you say is a candidate for first metal band, outside of Black Sabbath?
Well, maybe not hostile, but they don't let anything go, in fact they latch onto things, initiating stupid s**t for no reason.

I don't consider anyone other than Sabbath, I'm saying other people do and they're entitled to think what they want.
No they are not. That's like saying that people are just allowed to think 2 + 2 equals 5 (without using stupid algebra, etc.).

No metal band came before Sabbath, so how could there have been a first before them? Zeppelin aren't metal so they are out of the window. Steppenwolf saying "heavy metal" first doesn't really mean much at all. Cream, Sir Lord Baltimore, Deep Purple, Arthur Brown, etc. are all also legitimately not metal.

Genres are not opinions just the same way that you wouldn't say a doberman is a reptile.
Genres are just how people classify them, there's no committee that rules a band a certain genre.
That doesn't make any ******** sense. Sure, rhythm and everything, it can involve fractions and whatnot. But genres aren't mathematical. Genres aren't something you can confide in a little box and have it be a specific certain way.
Blues.

Shirtless Seeker

Slaughter In The Vatican
sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican
sojikai
Slaughter In The Vatican
sojikai

Doesn't mean they're not wrong.
Opinions aren't wrong or right.

They're not opinions.

By your reasoning, I can say that Lady Gaga's music is metal and not be wrong.
That's up to you. However you make it up in your mind, if you believed she was metal, in your own mind, you'd be right. Other people may think you're completely wrong, but that's just how they make it up in their mind.

There's not like some kind of rubric bands have to follow or are put into just so you can reign over other's opinions and be 'right'.

Thinking you're right does not make you right.
If you think you're right, IN YOUR OWN MIND, you are right.

Someone else may think it's wrong, but that's still just in the other person's mind that they think that.

There's no official standard on what's right and wrong in someone's own mind.

But there is this idea of "objectivity".
It doesn't matter if someone thinks that they are right.
It simply does not make them right.

Fashionable Cat

tim is a portal
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal

Blues.
other

Shirtless Seeker

Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal

Pythagoras, bro.

Hygienic Humorist

The first metal band.

That is a band that started on a date. The Earliest date.
That is not an opinion, that is a fact.

Prophet

tim is a portal
I mean, how can one be right just because they think they are right. That is possibly the dumbest thing I've read here in the longest time.

The logic behind it would support the Nazis, it would support Jihad, it would support the men who were against the womens suffrage, and it would support us.

It also, no less, defeats your argument that we are wrong for thinking that genres are facts if we believe that we are right.

If everyone is right and everyone is wrong, then what is logic, what is it to be a sentient being? Please think about what you are saying and what you have said.

You're not ******** getting what I'm saying. You're too confided in your own mind. I'm done with this. You're so set on ******** trying to prove me wrong on something that's only right in your own mind. It's really ******** close minded.

Shirtless Seeker

Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal

You're not ******** getting what I'm saying. You're too confided in your own mind. I'm done with this. You're so set on ******** trying to prove me wrong on something that's only right in your own mind. It's really ******** close minded.

You're not ******** getting what I'm saying. You're too confided in your own mind. I'm done with this. You're so set on ******** trying to prove me wrong on something that's only right in your own mind. It's really ******** close minded
Slaughter In The Vatican
tim is a portal

You've got no idea what being close minded means if you are calling me of all people that.

Facts are facts; genres are facts.

Prophet

Luna Thoth
The first metal band.

People may have a different view on metal. There's no, like, metal testament that was carved in stone or something. Music has never worked that way.
Slaughter In The Vatican
Luna Thoth
The first metal band.

People may have a different view on metal. There's no, like, metal testament that was carved in stone or something. Music has never worked that way.
You are assuming that one needs a doctorate in metal to claim that Black Sabbath is undoubtedly the first metal band.

Not the case exclaim

Hygienic Humorist

This is what you are saying OP:

Black Sabbath is probably the first metal band, as far as most people know they started before any one else, but that doesn't mean that other people can't think that say metallica was first.

While it's true that people can think that metallica was the first metal band, they would be wrong, because black sabbath was playing more than a decade before them.
There could be a metal band that was playing before black sabbath, who didn't last and are thus unknown. But because they are unknown, then we cannot have knowledge of them.
Thus the only conclusion is that Black Sabbath is the first metal band. That will remain until an older band surfaces. Any one who disagrees with that fact is incorrect. Be it because they are ignorant, or stupid, or what ever other dumb reasons people have for saying the things they do.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff