Total Votes:[ 202 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 >

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Harmony of Elements 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
JoyRose

I work as a head nurse at a local clinic. Oh, I spend time with my husband that way too, so I know what you mean! ^.~ Sometimes he comes and joins me in Gaia, but nowadays he just posts since he's gradually losing interest in this site, so have several of my other old friends who left when the previous management was running the site.

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
Anamosa Valentine
JoyRose

I work as a head nurse at a local clinic. Oh, I spend time with my husband that way too, so I know what you mean! ^.~ Sometimes he comes and joins me in Gaia, but nowadays he just posts since he's gradually losing interest in this site, so have several of my other old friends who left when the previous management was running the site.

I was never able to interest my hubby in this site, and my daughter (who is sort of the reason I started here) has also lost interest as college pushed out other interests. But I just love the pixels and people here (old management being the exception but y'know, I didn't really interact with them much anyway).

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
JoyRose

Lol, I'm surprised... my daughter used to like this site but she started losing interest the moment she entered high school. She probably found it boring while the old management was making this site a place that gives you a lot of stress than fun. I see her log in some times, but I leave her to her own friends and prefer to mingle with her in real life.

She sort of shares the family's passion for adventure, hence she plays her father's RPGs and consoles.

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
Anamosa Valentine
JoyRose

Lol, I'm surprised... my daughter used to like this site but she started losing interest the moment she entered high school. She probably found it boring while the old management was making this site a place that gives you a lot of stress than fun. I see her log in some times, but I leave her to her own friends and prefer to mingle with her in real life.

She sort of shares the family's passion for adventure, hence she plays her father's RPGs and consoles.

Yes! A kid after my own heart. My daughter is actually running RPGs up at her college. I played a few times, when she ran games down here, and she does a lovely job, really fun stuff!

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
JoyRose

She does love the games that I play too, particularly Need For Speed series and her own personal favorite: Princess Maker 4. I know that one is all Japanese, but for some reason, she seems to understand it after her father managed to get her a translation patch that only shows the menu bar in English. xd

Whenever she takes the DS, I leave her be to play something in the PC or read a novel, usually one of my husband's old Shadowrun books at the moment. I'm years late to learn about the series, hence I take the time now.

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
Anamosa Valentine
JoyRose

She does love the games that I play too, particularly Need For Speed series and her own personal favorite: Princess Maker 4. I know that one is all Japanese, but for some reason, she seems to understand it after her father managed to get her a translation patch that only shows the menu bar in English. xd

Whenever she takes the DS, I leave her be to play something in the PC or read a novel, usually one of my husband's old Shadowrun books at the moment. I'm years late to learn about the series, hence I take the time now.

I've played Shadowrun RPG, but never read the series. The setting is very dark for my taste.

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
JoyRose

Do you mean the ones made by Hare-Brained Studios or just the tabletops? I've only played the SNES, SEGA and PC ones. Both my daughter and I became interested after my husband introduced it to us.

Yes, the setting may seem dark, but there are light things too. It's like Dungeons & Dragons in a futuristic setting, where megacorporations are in power. It felt fun to be a Shadowrunner, to see yourself take up missions similar to what you'd see in Mission Impossible movies- working together with a team to earn your paycheck.

What I found interesting in the games is that you have decide carefully what choices you want to make, and you can't always get whatever you want (which is true in real life too).

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
Anamosa Valentine
JoyRose

Do you mean the ones made by Hare-Brained Studios or just the tabletops? I've only played the SNES, SEGA and PC ones. Both my daughter and I became interested after my husband introduced it to us.

Yes, the setting may seem dark, but there are light things too. It's like Dungeons & Dragons in a futuristic setting, where megacorporations are in power. It felt fun to be a Shadowrunner, to see yourself take up missions similar to what you'd see in Mission Impossible movies- working together with a team to earn your paycheck.

What I found interesting the games is that you have decide carefully what choices you want to make, and you can't always get whatever you want (which is true in real life too).

Just table-tops. Yes, much like D&D. And I do like the cooperative element. That and making up characters and bringing them to life in adventures. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
JoyRose

Oh, then I recommend trying out the PC games, starting with Shadowrun Returns as your very first one. They are a bit linear compared to table-top but they have a nice, turn-based gameplay mechanic and an interesting story/plot that you follow through. You work your way, making new friends and connections who later help you out when things get tougher later on. ^.~

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
Anamosa Valentine
JoyRose

Oh, then I recommend trying out the PC games, starting with Shadowrun Returns as your very first one. They are a bit linear compared to table-top but they have a nice, turn-based gameplay mechanic and an interesting story/plot that you follow through. You work your way, making new friends and connections who later help you out when things get tougher later on. ^.~

Oh that sounds good. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
Anamosa Valentine
User Image