Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moonlight Lover

19,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Champion 300
VVhip
Flz
I remember when the Daisy's Dark Hair and Daisy's Light Hair use to be up in the 300k or more. Now there both around 150k or less.

I paid closer to 700k for my dark version O^O

Holy s**t o__o;; That blows!

Anxious Pal

Daughter of Snows 3rd Gen just has to be posted over and over because that it is amazing to be available at 70k. DA SHAWL. DA BACKGROUND. DA EVERYTHING. emotion_drool

Tricky Bunny

14,965 Points
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Doting Romantic 100
VVhip
Chiru-pon
Mikaino
Chiru-pon
I'm not sure why Sweet Lunarian is only 260k, when The Lunarian's (insert color here) Bao is 4 mil+. For those items, you only get the hair, but with Sweet Lunarian, you get the hair and clothes to make up an outfit. o__o It could still be cheaper, but I'd definitely watch for it, if you're into those kinds of items.

The other hairs are from Alchemy.. o.o Anything from Alchemy is ridiculously priced. :c

But that's not cost effective at all. o__o Maybe it's just because I'm too logical. xD If it's just the hair, it should be much much cheaper. If it has other stuff, it should be more expensive.

Rarity. Rarity Rarity Rarity. They're much rarer and sought after for their colour. And for the kudos of owning them.

Look at the Glacemella in comparison to Biancamella.

Alchemy does act as a pretty good gold sink for the higher end earners of Gaia Gold.

I thought you were calling me Rarity the unicorn from My Little Pony. xD

I don't care much for rarity. D: I guess whatever floats people's boats.

Dapper Dabbler

Mokumoku Naito
Daughter of Snows 3rd Gen just has to be posted over and over because that it is amazing to be available at 70k. DA SHAWL. DA BACKGROUND. DA EVERYTHING. emotion_drool

This!!
I couldn't believe it when I saw it! Couldn't help but snatch up a few! sweatdrop

Fluffy Hunter

PocketSasha
Mokumoku Naito

This!!
I couldn't believe it when I saw it! Couldn't help but snatch up a few! sweatdrop

Bought three of them. xD

Stellar Succubus

Chiru-pon
VVhip
Chiru-pon
Mikaino
Chiru-pon
I'm not sure why Sweet Lunarian is only 260k, when The Lunarian's (insert color here) Bao is 4 mil+. For those items, you only get the hair, but with Sweet Lunarian, you get the hair and clothes to make up an outfit. o__o It could still be cheaper, but I'd definitely watch for it, if you're into those kinds of items.

The other hairs are from Alchemy.. o.o Anything from Alchemy is ridiculously priced. :c

But that's not cost effective at all. o__o Maybe it's just because I'm too logical. xD If it's just the hair, it should be much much cheaper. If it has other stuff, it should be more expensive.

Rarity. Rarity Rarity Rarity. They're much rarer and sought after for their colour. And for the kudos of owning them.

Look at the Glacemella in comparison to Biancamella.

Alchemy does act as a pretty good gold sink for the higher end earners of Gaia Gold.

I thought you were calling me Rarity the unicorn from My Little Pony. xD

I don't care much for rarity. D: I guess whatever floats people's boats.

You misunderstand me (In more ways than one wink )

People don't want it because it's rare. It has a high price because it's rare and many people want the item.

Basically, they can ask a high price because the components cost a lot to make the item, there aren't many of the item made, and many more people want the item than there are copies of the item.

It's like 50 people wanting one rare one off painting by Van Gogh. It'll fetch a high price because so many people really want that item and are willing to pay a lot of money for it. smile

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
VVhip

Nice.

Just look at property price rise in a lot of areas. Agents collude and prices rise far more than would be normal for the area over that space of time. Especially if the area is considered a fairly cheap one.

To add on, it can be hard to pull off artificial inflation on Gaia. Momo the Monkey isn't a particularly rare item, if you try to jack up the price by buying all the ones on the MP, other users who own the item will notice and try to cash in by selling theirs, and the price will just go back down.

Culo Gif's Queen

Dapper Smoker

ikr!!! stressed
Pistolera you can get the 4th gen for only 80k! I remember buying mine for around 200k D:

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
VVhip

You misunderstand me (In more ways than one wink )

People don't want it because it's rare. It has a high price because it's rare and many people want the item.

Basically, they can ask a high price because the components cost a lot to make the item, there aren't many of the item made, and many more people want the item than there are copies of the item.

It's like 50 people wanting one rare one off painting by Van Gogh. It'll fetch a high price because so many people really want that item and are willing to pay a lot of money for it. smile

Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

Alchemy kind of clouds the issue, as pretty much all the desirable stuff requires either attaining a high level, or paying someone who is a high level to make something for you.

And, if I cite from my quest thread

Quote:
If you would like to know what this is made of, I've detailed the items as follows. My Glacemella will be made from

396 Philosopher's Cache components,
Made from
3,960 Pancakes
39,600 Tickets
3,960 Grade A Fish Bait
3,960 Bachelor's Credits
11,180 Goldfish
11,180 Guppies
3,960 Twigs
3,960 Wing Tree Leaves
3,960 Flamingo Feathers
3,960 Screws
3,960 Plastic
3,960 Tyres
3,960 Boots
3,960 Cans
217,800 Flowers/Papers/Bugs

Also 8 item components
2 Biancamella
Azuramella
3 Mint Buttercream Roses
2 Mint Tricorn

Making a grand total of 323328 components

But anything that's rare tends to be expensive. Some things take the hit in a re-release and never regain their prices, but others will just stay up high (like Lovely Lucie).

Maybe we need to make another thread 'how can that item be that expensive' xd

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Les Freaks-seriously that corset for 80k? And it's one of the few that will almost always layer on top and not get lost under a coat or dress.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff