3-4 years 0.21875 21.9% [ 7 ]
5-6 years 0.1875 18.8% [ 6 ]
ANCIENT 0.46875 46.9% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 32 ]

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
In any case, I won't be here long . . . I just needed to get in here, post a little, get some gold, and not feel like such a horrible aquarium owner.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
I don't really tend to the aquarium much, but I've been dabbling in it. I'm not one of the Booty Grab elite or anything.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
I also need to add to my log of cheeses before I forget!

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
dyejob
So I made a solemn promise to myself that I would try every single cheese sold at my favorite specialty grocer.

I made this promise about a month ago.

Since I began my cheesy quest, I have tried:
- Mimolette, a waxy French cheddar
- Roquefort, a pungent French blue cheese
- Hook's Four-Year Cheddar, a firm, very sharp American aged cheddar
- Cowgirl Creamery's Mount Tam, a soft, subtle American brie
- Cowgirl Creamery's Wagon Wheel, a firm and complex havarti-type
- Red Dragon, a red-wax-dipped Welsh gouda blended with mustard seeds
- Cave-Aged Gruyere, reminiscent of both Swiss and parmigiano
- Koko's Coconut Gouda, a Dutch gouda (not smoked) made with a dollop of coconut cream
- Manchego, a Spanish cheese made with sheep's milk (I've tried it before, from Trader Joe's)
- Lamb Chopper, a soft-firm sheep's-milk cheese from a small California dairy
- Cypress Grove Chevre "Sgt. Pepper" a goat cheese mixed with red pepper and spices
- Boschetto al Tartufo, a blend of sheep and cow milk aged with black truffles
- Rogue Creamery's Smokey Blue, a blue cheese smoked over hazelnut shells
- Cypress Grove Chevre's Purple Haze, fresh goat cheese blended with lavender and herbs
- Fiscalini smoked cheddar, from a creamery in Modesto, CA
- Point Reyes Toma, a bit like a smoked gouda with a rind that may be inedible that I ate anyway
- Le Delice Mon Sire, a soft, high-quality brie that firms toward the middle
- Brebirousse d'Argental, a gooey cheese that tastes like cream cheese, smells like wet dog
- Fromager d'Affinois, a buttery, velvety, utterly sexy double-cream
- Noord Hollander, a salty, buttery cheese like a strong parmesan with deeper flavor
- Saint Angel, an ooey-gooey triple-cream soft-ripened cheese

Since the Saint Angel, I've gone through one more wedge of Le Delice Mon Sire and tried three new cheeses:

- P'tit Basque, a firm washed-rind sheep's cheese that is mild yet nutty and complex
- Midnight Moon, a firm wax-finished goat's cheese with a grit reminiscent of Dubliner
- Humboldt Fog, a creamy surface-ripened goat's cheese that looks like layer-cake

The P'tit Basque was tasty, but not as mind-blowing as the Boschetto al Tartufo as far as cheeses that are outrageously expensive for a portion of an already-small wheel. I might just write it off as a novelty, or maybe I still need to find the right pairing for it.

Midnight Moon is a tasty cheese, too, especially for a firm cheese. I notice that I tend to prefer sheep's milk for a firm cheese. A great example is Lamb Chopper, one of my current favorites.

Of the three, my favorite is definitely the Humboldt Fog (and not just because its name is a wink and a nod to -- er -- "compassionate herb" wink . It's the best goat cheese I've had, methinks. It is a true evolution from the "chevre" thing, adding a whiff of blue-cheese development instead of simply mixing herbs and/or spices to elevate flavor. I just picked up a jar of fig butter from Trader Joe's, and I can't wait to nab another wedge of Humboldt Fog to go with the fig and some buttery crackers.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Almost forgot you there, Eddie Boy.

Looking forward to Moonrise Kingdom, since I love Wes Anderson, too.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
Okay, I believe I've done all the damage I feel like doing today. Maybe tomorrow night I'll troll that weird Frat Party forum.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
Good night! (Good morning?)
dyejob
Hey, what's up?! I'm back after a few days' hiatus.

I am ok and I am done with exams so I have time to spare here and there now. Although after exams my part time job increased so I like playing video games and watching anime/TV Series in my free time than do anything else.

What about you?
dyejob
(and not just because its name is a wink and a nod to -- er -- "compassionate herb" wink .

LOL
New Maximum Donkey
dyejob
(and not just because its name is a wink and a nod to -- er -- "compassionate herb" wink .

LOL

hahahahahaahhaahahahahahahaaaaa

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
squinty1989
dyejob
Hey, what's up?! I'm back after a few days' hiatus.

I am ok and I am done with exams so I have time to spare here and there now. Although after exams my part time job increased so I like playing video games and watching anime/TV Series in my free time than do anything else.

What about you?

Cool. I have been out of school for about two years now, so I've been really into doing nothing but working lately. It sounds lame, but you know it feels good!
dyejob

Cool. I have been out of school for about two years now, so I've been really into doing nothing but working lately. It sounds lame, but you know it feels good!

I WISH I was working instead of studying. I enjoy work more than studying because:
1- We get paid
2- We learn faster by doing, not reading
3- NO EXAMS!

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
I'm scoping out this whole Frat Party 2012 event.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
squinty1989
dyejob

I WISH I was working instead of studying. I enjoy work more than studying because:
1- We get paid
3- NO EXAMS!

I hear ya. Work feels more practical than school. I'm probably only saying that because I didn't really go to school for anything in particular, and just kinda took classes that sounded cool so that I could get 12 units per semester and get a discount on health insurance.
dyejob
squinty1989
dyejob

1- We get paid
3- NO EXAMS!

I hear ya. Work feels more practical than school. I'm probably only saying that because I didn't really go to school for anything in particular, and just kinda took classes that sounded cool so that I could get 12 units per semester and get a discount on health insurance.

Everyone has their circumstances, not judging. Although, I wish we would work without the need of studying if we have the right skills. (Studying gives us skills, sometimes)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff