3-4 years 0.21875 21.9% [ 7 ]
5-6 years 0.1875 18.8% [ 6 ]
ANCIENT 0.46875 46.9% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 32 ]

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
Now that I got my toga and my red cup, I'm rocking a real party-girl look. It's about time I have something to wear that matches my laurels!

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
dyejob
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Almost forgot you there, Eddie Boy.

Looking forward to Moonrise Kingdom, since I love Wes Anderson, too.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
squinty1989
Everyone has their circumstances, not judging. Although, I wish we would work without the need of studying if we have the right skills. (Studying gives us skills, sometimes)

I agree, to a point. It might be because my main focus in school was anthropology, but I feel as though the most important things that people learn in school (especially K-12) and apply in work situations are:

- how to deal with other people and society at large
- basic written/verbal communication skills
- basic computation and problem-solving skills

Everything else is highly specialized, like advanced math for aspiring engineers or in-depth human anatomy for pre-med students. I've had so many jobs so far, and the top two of the ones I listed are the things that I'm always surprised people don't have down pat.
dyejob
I agree, to a point. It might be because my main focus in school was anthropology, but I feel as though the most important things that people learn in school (especially K-12) and apply in work situations are:

- how to deal with other people and society at large
- basic written/verbal communication skills
- basic computation and problem-solving skills

Everything else is highly specialized, like advanced math for aspiring engineers or in-depth human anatomy for pre-med students. I've had so many jobs so far, and the top two of the ones I listed are the things that I'm always surprised people don't have down pat.

Most people feel more comfortable with the friends they have/had and have a hard time with society. I know some who like to keep within their race and not have friends from different countries and nationalities.

As for written communication, the reason is because people write like this: "how r u? i'm k. where 2 meet u?" which then causes them to sometimes be confused while trying to communicate and have those kind of mistakes happen all over. As for verbal, they just need to talk more and broaden their horizon.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
As for actual hobbies that I have, rather than what I have actually been doing lately . . .

Cooking/food -- I'm self-taught in the kitchen, and these days that just means that I watch a lot of Food Network and am not afraid to experiment. Suffice it to say, I'm pretty proud of my cooking skills and general culinary knowledge.

Writing -- I don't write fanfiction! I repeat, I DO NOT WRITE FANFICTION! I just don't get the whole fandom thing, I guess. Though I have done a few NaNoWriMo, I mostly write blogs, humorous essays, critical reviews, poetry/lyrics, and the occasional scene in my still-unfinished screenplay. Maybe someday I will publish a book.

Bass -- Well, I'm learning, anyway. My boyfriend says I'm good, but he's my boyfriend and it's his job to say nice things about me and make me believe in myself. rolleyes

Watching TV -- I used to watch a lot less TV before the advent of DVR. I watch SOOOOO much TV now because I can tape it and watch it anytime. I like: the whole FOX Sunday lineup; reruns of '80s-'90s TV shows; Game of Thrones; Walking Dead; Robot Chicken; sketch comedies that are NOT Saturday Night Live (it's so boring lately, except some of the digital shorts); a few British comedies, like Boosh and Darkplace; RuPaul's Drag Race.

Squinty, I hate to admit how little I know of anime. I've seen the entire Trigun series, all six episodes of Fooly Cooly, and two episodes of Cowboy Bebop. I have also seen Tonari no Totoro, Akira, and Pom-Poko. Unfortunately, that's it. Aside from Game of Thrones and Walking Dead, you might notice that the shows I watch don't require too much of an attention span; anime is tough to follow when you have ADD as bad as mine.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
squinty1989
Most people feel more comfortable with the friends they have/had and have a hard time with society. I know some who like to keep within their race and not have friends from different countries and nationalities.

As for written communication, the reason is because people write like this: "how r u? i'm k. where 2 meet u?" which then causes them to sometimes be confused while trying to communicate and have those kind of mistakes happen all over. As for verbal, they just need to talk more and broaden their horizon.

It's the antisocial/narrow-minded stuff that really bothers me. If only people knew how different and yet how similar people all over the world and all over history are/were, it'd be a lot easier to understand one's place in the universe. It's like my view on religion -- I don't ascribe to any specific religion, nor do I believe in the doctrines of any specific religion, but I am open to learning about all viewpoints and beliefs.

When it comes to communication, it's not just grammar and spelling that bugs me, it's that people have such a hard time putting their thoughts into writing. Then again, the fewer people who are able to do so, the better the rest of us look . . . rofl

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
All right, I think I'm going to bed after a few more bumps elsewhere. Thanks for the quick chat, Squinty-kun! I'll see you on the flip-side.
dyejob

It's the antisocial/narrow-minded stuff that really bothers me. If only people knew how different and yet how similar people all over the world and all over history are/were, it'd be a lot easier to understand one's place in the universe. It's like my view on religion -- I don't ascribe to any specific religion, nor do I believe in the doctrines of any specific religion, but I am open to learning about all viewpoints and beliefs.

When it comes to communication, it's not just grammar and spelling that bugs me, it's that people have such a hard time putting their thoughts into writing. Then again, the fewer people who are able to do so, the better the rest of us look . . . rofl

I agree. I prefer to be around people who are open minded about certain things in life rather than be stick to one thought and think they are right, always. I told everyone I am against studying abroad (specifically UK) and they all raged at me. My reason was simple, UK is harder than the US. I did my research and found out that most UK universities have a 3 year course while the US can be from 4~6 years, depending on you and how many courses you take + if you choose to take summer courses. Since their view was all similar to "be grateful to study abroad and stop being spoiled" it didn't end well. due to their narrow-minded way of thinking I suffered greatly for 5 years (still on-going) yet they take no blame for it and think I am doing ok.

I agree on this! rofl I am one of the people that should stay quiet really because I have a hard time sometimes explaining things (well, almost always) and usually forget simple words like "choose" and have to ask someone how to spell that and believe me, my friends had a laugh at this and used it against me for a while. xp
dyejob
Now that I got my toga and my red cup, I'm rocking a real party-girl look. It's about time I have something to wear that matches my laurels!

that's a hot look on you, we look awesome in togas xp
i'm gonna bump your thread a little bit with some pictures mrgreen its been a while right?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff