Good luck! blaugh

Loyal Wolf

32,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Pesty Elf
1littlewolfy

Those kitties have some pretty good sniffers smelling my coffee all the way over here! 3nodding rofl

It must be pretty good coffee!

Well, according to the commercials..it's the best part of waking up. wink

Loyal Wolf

32,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Forum Junior 100
pirate gaia_gaiagold

aquarium will start glowing with 3 fish between 01:00 pm and 01:10 pm Gaia time or
Eastern Standard time 4:00 pm and 4:10 pm

Animal Consumer

purplewiz
Nidorous
Horace The Elf
FFVII Vincent V
Horace The Elf

It just let me post. You used that bump link?

Old decrepit <g> threads allow the thread owner to post in order to revive that thread. I tried to post yesterday too.

So like by posting in it I raised the dead?

Hey, Pesty, I got a new job skill! That ought to be good enough for a raise.

Thanks.

Raise? As in PAY?! Wait, wait, wait. When did YOU start getting PAID?! I WANT PAY! scream

I thought we paid you in letting you chew on people on the naughty list.

I would call that more of a civic duty blaugh

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Nidorous

Good luck! blaugh

Thanks~ I'm really worried about my class starting next month... It's a writing intensive class, and writing isn't my strong suit......

TeaTimePrince's Partner

Eloquent Man-Lover

39,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
Cat Sapphire

I know! That's what makes DA so fun. You can choose who and what you want to be!

User Image
Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, c** possit, iubet.

Indeed! I remember when DA:O first came out the uproar that came from the majority of the male gamer community. Straight storyline was fine, lesbian storyline was fine, but the gay one was an affront to their masculinity -laughs- I remember following the story in the Pink News. (Online newspaper for the GLBT community)

Along similar lines they've published words to that effect in the 5th edition D&D players handbook. So glad that D&D is keeping up with the times. Doesn't affect me personally as I've always played non-heteronormative characters but you know it's nice to see it in print finally after playing for 16 years.

Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus

Animal Consumer

Vellick
Nidorous
Vellick
Nidorous
Oh I know it doesn't, that's why I'm sending Pesty ALL the gold I can possibly spare. Let's hear it for the ONLY decent use for GoFusion charms in my opinion! *raises wine glass in a toast* So pricey on the MP it's stupid.

Well, I should probably clarify, by Cursed Races I'm refering to Vampires and Were-folk. Vampires I hate mostly because they're SO played out it's hard to bring a fun twist to them anymore, and on top of that the massive amount of detail I have to outline for myself before I even THINK of introducing them into the story is ridiculous, and then I have to cover it AGAIN in character for the reader... Were-folk aren't as bad, but again it's the details issue, covering it twice isobnoxious, and I have to or I'll mess it up when I get to that part of the story. They're just causing me a total headache, and then I have to do the natural born descriptions coupled into the descriptions of the cursed versions so I'm actually doing 4 races in 2... It sucks... User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well, there are actually several type of each that I've read about in various books that I have come across, some share similar traits, though not all are alike.

Read books where vampires are more soul suckers than blood suckers.

just did a search online and found this:
http://vampires.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Types_of_Vampires

http://conmyth.wikia.com/wiki/Vampiric_Breeds

www.vampirescene.com/s-Vapire-Types.html

www.hellhorror.com/vampires/vampire_types/

And something that might be helpful later:

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Category razz owers

See if any of that helps you get ideas down. blaugh And good luck.
Looks very clearly like you misunderstood my issue Nid. I already know exactly how my Vampires work, as do I understand how my werefolk work, To give you a clearer idea of my grievance with them, I just finished the information on Vampires, and it's 2 whole pages for just that one race... The closest race to that is either Humans, which I have 3 sub-categories with unique differences, Dragons because there's a ton to cover with them, or one of the two special races of my own creation because I have to site examples in-story for clarification and because I have to explain additional stuff that doesn't directly pertain to the race itself. ... Or Golems because the view I chose for them is fairly strange as well.

And I haven't even STARTED were-folk, and they've got 2 different forms regardless of which type they are... That's going to be a freaking novel on its own! gonk THEN I'm going to have to pack ALL THAT INFORMATION into the actual story itself without overloading my readers?!? ARE YOU NUTS!!!

emotion_jawdrop Alright, that was a bit clearer, thought you had issues because making vampires a little more original was giving you a hard time. Best I can say is good luck. About the only other person I know of that has a million and one races is the author Sherrilynn Kenyon. ( Read the chronicles of Nick by her. ) Which got me to start digging on more books by her, and... Just digging around in them seems a pain in the butt.

Angelic Lover

31,750 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Vox_Draconis
Djana Nana

Royal Indigo Wings, Roses of Mare Frigoris gown and fascinator, Winter's Rose, Twilight Star Sister, Thrones' Wings, and Icy Marionette. I'm probably going to donate 100mil here when it opens back up, and then that will be it for a long time until another goldmine event comes along. BBS, Momma's here to help me clean house.

User Image

Oh wow!

Okay sweetie -hugs- have fun with the housework.

Fun? With housework? Never. But the dishes are done, a second load of laundry is washing, the bed is made and dinner is cooking. I really do have a lot more energy now that I'm able to eat. I'm not quite strong enough to do everything, but having Momma come over once a week to help with the bigger tasks is wonderful. Now I'm going to turn the AC on higher and get this sweat I've worked up gone. ><

Animal Consumer

Rubai Sora
Nidorous

Good luck! blaugh

Thanks~ I'm really worried about my class starting next month... It's a writing intensive class, and writing isn't my strong suit......

Sit there, chew on the papers and drool a lot? They'll pass you just so they don't have to put up with you again? 4laugh

Dedicated Gaian

41,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Vox_Draconis
Cat Sapphire

It's funny, in games like Skyrim, I'm always a warrior. I guess being a Mage in DA just seemed right some how...don't ask me why. lol Being a female is boring to me. I have to look at my character, so why not make him a good looking guy? Though I'm not as perverted as some of the mods you see of 'warrior-woman' on Skyrim!

User Image

I know what you mean, I have Dokkalfar mage in Kingdoms of Armalur: The Reckoning because it felt right, being a story stepped in magic and influences from Celtic folklore.

I know what you mean..... I've seen people cosplay in those costumes....

Yes, certain things just feel right in certain games.
Really?! That would be quite daring!

Dedicated Gaian

41,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Nidorous
Cat Sapphire
@Nid Your pay is the pleasure you get from helping others...right? emotion_kirakira mrgreen

stare I feel cheated and ripped off. scream

Aww...does somebody need a hug?

Undead Witch

13,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
Bloop bloop~

TeaTimePrince's Partner

Eloquent Man-Lover

39,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Cat Sapphire

Yes, certain things just feel right in certain games.
Really?! That would be quite daring!

User Image

Well yes, I've also seen the skimpy outfits from Mortal Kombat (the most recent one) cosplayed too, and not always with a Matt skin tone zentai suit underneath.

TeaTimePrince's Partner

Eloquent Man-Lover

39,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Shattered Ciel
Bloop bloop~

User Image

-snugglenoms- one of these days I will commission art from you.

Dedicated Gaian

41,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Vox_Draconis
Cat Sapphire

I know! That's what makes DA so fun. You can choose who and what you want to be!

User Image

Indeed! I remember when DA:O first came out the uproar that came from the majority of the male gamer community. Straight storyline was fine, lesbian storyline was fine, but the gay one was an affront to their masculinity -laughs- I remember following the story in the Pink News. (Online newspaper for the GLBT community)

Along similar lines they've published words to that effect in the 5th edition D&D players handbook. So glad that D&D is keeping up with the times. Doesn't affect me personally as I've always played non-heteronormative characters but you know it's nice to see it in print finally after playing for 16 years.

People get bent out of shape for the silliest things. I think it's great that games reflect the times. It adds a different dimension to the fun of playing the game and if you don't feel comfortable with that aspect of it, then just ignore it! I think most gamers are pretty unconventional anyway, why not just have fun with it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff