Welcome to Gaia! ::

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Greetings. biggrin Just dropping a line. Did as you advised and used the cash tree to gather enough GC to buy Feygriff kin. Took about two months because after spending 5-10 minutes on preliminary questions only to be told "sorry, no survey for you right now" multiple times I gave up on them as a waste of time. Many of the medical info slides or "how much do you know" question slides would work but only once or in widely spaced intervals. But finally enough of them worked that the 2-4 GC amouts added up. A few 10 GC offers along the way worked as well and were nice boosts.

I think unless you have your charity up and running in time I'll pass on officially going nude this year. Just too busy to think about it right now. Though maybe when the time comes near I'll find myself able and willing to jump in at the last minute. Most charities certainly don't mind! Hmm, if your charity isn't up, might offer to go nude for the starter kin giving charity I told you about before. It's a busy, generous place good for both helping newbies to LK and any questions one might have. A very good intro to the LK community. The posts just move too fast for me to really keep up and socialize, but I totally respect the thread owner and would be happy to help her continue what she's doing.

Friendly Conversationalist

Sir_Catherine
Greetings. biggrin Just dropping a line. Did as you advised and used the cash tree to gather enough GC to buy Feygriff kin. Took about two months because after spending 5-10 minutes on preliminary questions only to be told "sorry, no survey for you right now" multiple times I gave up on them as a waste of time. Many of the medical info slides or "how much do you know" question slides would work but only once or in widely spaced intervals. But finally enough of them worked that the 2-4 GC amouts added up. A few 10 GC offers along the way worked as well and were nice boosts.

I think unless you have your charity up and running in time I'll pass on officially going nude this year. Just too busy to think about it right now. Though maybe when the time comes near I'll find myself able and willing to jump in at the last minute. Most charities certainly don't mind! Hmm, if your charity isn't up, might offer to go nude for the starter kin giving charity I told you about before. It's a busy, generous place good for both helping newbies to LK and any questions one might have. A very good intro to the LK community. The posts just move too fast for me to really keep up and socialize, but I totally respect the thread owner and would be happy to help her continue what she's doing.

I'm so glad to hear you were finally able to get Feygriff! I've all but given up on free cash offers. I can still afford to spend a little bit of money on GC, so I do that instead of bothering with that circus.

I totally understand. Between spending time with my boyfriend and school, I feel like I'm stretched so thing this semester. I've decided to just design my charity as inspiration strikes rather than push to get it done as fast as possible. I can't wait to start helping people but I don't want to stress myself out in the process or create a bad experience for myself. So it might be up in time, but I won't know for sure until it's actually done xd
I've found that the entire LK forum community is just so kind and helpful. It's such a breath of fresh air compared to places like Gaia Community Discussion.

Thank you for the sweet gift! I was able to get one (through the LK winter event, funny enough. I had it drop from something, but I can't remember what now) so I will save this cutie for the charity opening!

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
I'm so glad you understand, both about real life being crazy and the joy of the LK community. I poked my nose into the avatar talk community one and ran out of there the same day! I find the Runway forum community to be much better than the general Avatar one, but not as large and deep as the LK.

It's also real good to catch up with you again! emotion_hug

Oh, wink , thanks to the 'chance' item one gets for voting in the Runway eight days in a row (and my mule accounts) I've a good stash of Ally Plus potions. Gave out a few small boosts so that Stagony is now level 15 and my Dancer is 20. I've a good number of kin holding at 13 right now, out of all numbers. Some of the are fast levelers though so I'll manually get them to 15 before putting them on a long term hold to focus on my mains. Others, like that Night Echo, will probably be fed a few more Ally pots. I want to see that one leveled and stronger, but damn is it annoying to fight with as its beginning form!
Anyhow, if you want or need a few pots, let me know.

Sir_Catherine
I'm so glad you understand, both about real life being crazy and the joy of the LK community. I poked my nose into the avatar talk community one and ran out of there the same day! I find the Runway forum community to be much better than the general Avatar one, but not as large and deep as the LK.

It's also real good to catch up with you again! emotion_hug

Oh, wink , thanks to the 'chance' item one gets for voting in the Runway eight days in a row (and my mule accounts) I've a good stash of Ally Plus potions. Gave out a few small boosts so that Stagony is now level 15 and my Dancer is 20. I've a good number of kin holding at 13 right now, out of all numbers. Some of the are fast levelers though so I'll manually get them to 15 before putting them on a long term hold to focus on my mains. Others, like that Night Echo, will probably be fed a few more Ally pots. I want to see that one leveled and stronger, but damn is it annoying to fight with as its beginning form!
Anyhow, if you want or need a few pots, let me know.

Yes! I'm glad we're still able to chat from time to time. I always get excited when we are online at the same time. Haha.

Congrats! I meant to stick to voting every day but on the days I just lurk, I end up forgetting. So I've given up now. I'll be honest: Most of my truly free time gets eaten by Stardew Valley. It's a cute game on Steam that I'm basically addicted to. I've heard it's really similar to Harvest Moon, but I've never played that one. My boyfriend likes dabbling in it as well so we play together sometimes. (It's not multiplayer but our desks are side by side so we can watch and help each other play)

I'll let you know if I need any pots, but I'm pretty happy with my collection for now. I can give you specifics if you're interested (wouldn't want to come off as bragging) but all my triple stage kin (ex. Dasher) are level 30 or higher and the rest in the 15 - 20 range. The ones that I care less about (ex. Willocroak) are still very low but I've been focusing on acquiring the new bunnies while I train Candied Bunnykit, Night Echo, Bloody Stagony, Furious Aerling and Tanzanite Cabochomp up from level 1. So I might need more in a few weeks!

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
Nope, don't at all think hearing details of your kin is bragging.

I had a thought; seeing about trading enough Ally pots for a Sakura kin. Thing is, last I'd checked before today the Sakura was at 300B and the pots were 3B each. Now they're more like 2.5B each and Sakura is 500B. xp Means I'd need 200, instead of 100, pots. I can do that, it'll just take a couple more weeks. Think I'll find someone willing to make that trade? Or even to buy the Sakura for me and take the pots? Or do you think it would actually be faster to try and sell the pots? I'm just imaging the Sakura cost going up while I try to sell 200 pots. Or, I suppose, it could come down...do you think right now is an uptick or is the 500B here to stay, in your opinion?

Is Sakura still one of, if not the, best kin? That's the only reason I'd go for it. I don't actually like the idea of a pink fluff as my kin. I'd use a further 50 pots (presuming Runway continues to grant them every 8 days w/5 accounts) to quick level it to 50 and start getting good gold, rather than play through with a kin I'm not inherently fond of.

Sir_Catherine
Nope, don't at all think hearing details of your kin is bragging.

I had a thought; seeing about trading enough Ally pots for a Sakura kin. Thing is, last I'd checked before today the Sakura was at 300B and the pots were 3B each. Now they're more like 2.5B each and Sakura is 500B. xp Means I'd need 200, instead of 100, pots. I can do that, it'll just take a couple more weeks. Think I'll find someone willing to make that trade? Or even to buy the Sakura for me and take the pots? Or do you think it would actually be faster to try and sell the pots? I'm just imaging the Sakura cost going up while I try to sell 200 pots. Or, I suppose, it could come down...do you think right now is an uptick or is the 500B here to stay, in your opinion?

Is Sakura still one of, if not the, best kin? That's the only reason I'd go for it. I don't actually like the idea of a pink fluff as my kin. I'd use a further 50 pots (presuming Runway continues to grant them every 8 days w/5 accounts) to quick level it to 50 and start getting good gold, rather than play through with a kin I'm not inherently fond of.

Sorry for the late response! I had to finish dinner and then got caught up in spending time with my boyfriend.

Okay, here's my thoughts on this. You're going to have a hard time finding someone who is both selling a Sakura and wants 200 ally pots. As far as I've seen, Sakura sellers are in it for pure and won't budge. You could sell all the pots but they are likely to depreciate if you try to sell them all at once and, like you said, it would take a while to do it in batches / singles. As for the Sakura price, I don't think it will stay at 500B (or higher). It's been re-released quite a few times and, as soon as it happens again, the price should go down. I just have no idea how long that might take.

This is the easy part to answer. Sakura is still the best kin in the entire game. Others come close (and rank better once you factor cost of kin into the equation) but no other kin is a sure-fire click-and-win every time like Sakura. Sakura is so powerful that you wouldn't even need 50 ally pots for it. Once you get past level 25, I've found the general rule of thumb to be that it can easily take down any Sycamorte that is 8 levels (or lower) below it. I have mine at level 38 and that's perfectly good enough for all but the highest levels of Sycamortes. The only reason to take it any higher than that would be to fight Phantom Sycamortes. But their drops are actually worse than the regular Sycamortes, so you're better off running away from them anyway.

Anyway, that's my take. If you choose to sell the ally pots in batches, I'd be happy to buy some as you go. If you want to look at other kins that perform well but take more strategy in playing (and so cost less), I'd be happy to help you with that too.

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
PurpleLovr
Sorry for the late response! I had to finish dinner and then got caught up in spending time with my boyfriend.

Okay, here's my thoughts on this. You're going to have a hard time finding someone who is both selling a Sakura and wants 200 ally pots. As far as I've seen, Sakura sellers are in it for pure and won't budge. You could sell all the pots but they are likely to depreciate if you try to sell them all at once and, like you said, it would take a while to do it in batches / singles. As for the Sakura price, I don't think it will stay at 500B (or higher). It's been re-released quite a few times and, as soon as it happens again, the price should go down. I just have no idea how long that might take.

This is the easy part to answer. Sakura is still the best kin in the entire game. Others come close (and rank better once you factor cost of kin into the equation) but no other kin is a sure-fire click-and-win every time like Sakura. Sakura is so powerful that you wouldn't even need 50 ally pots for it. Once you get past level 25, I've found the general rule of thumb to be that it can easily take down any Sycamorte that is 8 levels (or lower) below it. I have mine at level 38 and that's perfectly good enough for all but the highest levels of Sycamortes. The only reason to take it any higher than that would be to fight Phantom Sycamortes. But their drops are actually worse than the regular Sycamortes, so you're better off running away from them anyway.

Anyway, that's my take. If you choose to sell the ally pots in batches, I'd be happy to buy some as you go. If you want to look at other kins that perform well but take more strategy in playing (and so cost less), I'd be happy to help you with that too.
I thought your response time was rather quick, at least compared to my own record. rolleyes

I kind of doubted I'd find someone who'd do an outright trade, but it's real good to hear you think the price might drop again in the future. Sounds like I'd do best by selling the pots in small batches and saving the gold for a price drop.

But...as you pointed out, value for cost, is it really worth it, is the real question. Can you tell me some about other kin that, as you say, perform well but take more strategy? I also think I should just go ahead and level my Prancer kin high enough to start really fighting the trees. As well as being the strongest kin I have, and strong overall in kin terms, I also really like it. Same with the Merry Stagony, Ember Fox and Skulverine. Skulverine; talk about a hidden gem!

Thanks for the tip on Sycamortes vs Phantom Scys!

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
Level 35 Prancer vs level 26 Sycamorte

Used: 1 small, 2 mega heals
Reward: 1B gold

Second Battle: Level 28 Sycamorte

Used: 4 small, 2 mega heals
Reward: 1B

Third Battle: Level 25 Sycamorte

Used: 1 small heal
Reward: 1B

Does this look right? Heals needed, levels beaten, etc. I lost a battle vs a level 33 and another vs a level 31 Sycamorte.

Sir_Catherine
PurpleLovr
I thought your response time was rather quick, at least compared to my own record. rolleyes

I kind of doubted I'd find someone who'd do an outright trade, but it's real good to hear you think the price might drop again in the future. Sounds like I'd do best by selling the pots in small batches and saving the gold for a price drop.

But...as you pointed out, value for cost, is it really worth it, is the real question. Can you tell me some about other kin that, as you say, perform well but take more strategy? I also think I should just go ahead and level my Prancer kin high enough to start really fighting the trees. As well as being the strongest kin I have, and strong overall in kin terms, I also really like it. Same with the Merry Stagony, Ember Fox and Skulverine. Skulverine; talk about a hidden gem!

Thanks for the tip on Sycamortes vs Phantom Scys!

Haha I suppose that is true!

Yes. Either sell now in batches or keep with a plan to sell in batches. That's what I would do.

Okay, here are the top four that I would pick (excluding Sakura and Prancer). I'm putting them in order of tree-killing ability.
1. Ember the Spirited Fox
Ember is probably the second strongest kin in the game. It's Diamond Scratch does 800 - 1200 damage (same damage range as Sakura). It has a special move that heals 75% of health and is a sleep kin. The only real difference at play is Sakura's resist is higher. So Sakura almost never gets poisoned by trees whereas Ember gets poisoned on occasion. Oh, and Sakura's insanely high HP. Ember is currently 300B, 260B if you don't mind missing out on the level 10 item.

2. Sandseed
Sandseed's final evolution is Sandman Rose. She has the same Diamond Scratch ability as Ember. Her heal move acts like a Mega Heal and she actually has higher HP than Ember. Her resist is the same as Ember. However, she has much less Magic, meaning you will probably have to rely on Magic Restores. Sandman Rose is also a sleep kin (Sleep and Paralyze are the best ones in the whole game). At 155B the lower price makes it worth just keeping Magic Restores around, but the lowest is currently 250B.

** Prancer would go here **

3. Pumpae
Pumpae's final evolution is Pumperilla. Her strongest move does 900 - 1100 damage. Her HP is decent and she has a 100% healing move. Her resist is lower and she's only a poison kin. At 90B, she's a good intermediate kin: Something for those who are bored with their starters but not enough gold saved up for one of the other picks.

4. Candy Corn Skulverine
Honestly I'm kind of getting tired at this point. xp CC Skulverine deals 900 - 1300 damage with it's strongest attack. It has the same resist as Ember, Sandman, and Prancer. It's basically slightly more powerful than Pumperilla but doesn't have any healing moves. The best thing about CC Skulverine is its price. 55B is hard to beat when you can make that back between selling level rewards and tree-killing.

Oh, one more note about all these kin. They are considered "Stage 5 Tree-killers" so at level 50 they will should be able to take on every level of the regular Sycamortes. Not necessarily the Phantoms.

You're welcome for the tip about Phantoms!

Yup. That does look pretty right to me. Congrats on the 3B!

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
PurpleLovr
Yes. Either sell now in batches or keep with a plan to sell in batches. That's what I would do.

Okay, here are the top four that I would pick (excluding Sakura and Prancer). I'm putting them in order of tree-killing ability.
Ember is probably the second strongest kin in the game. It's Diamond Scratch does 800 - 1200 damage (same damage range as Sakura). It has a special move that heals 75% of health and is a sleep kin. The only real difference at play is Sakura's resist is higher. So Sakura almost never gets poisoned by trees whereas Ember gets poisoned on occasion. Oh, and Sakura's insanely high HP. Ember is currently 300B, 260B if you don't mind missing out on the level 10 item.

2. Sandseed
Sandseed's final evolution is Sandman Rose. She has the same Diamond Scratch ability as Ember. Her heal move acts like a Mega Heal and she actually has higher HP than Ember. Her resist is the same as Ember. However, she has much less Magic, meaning you will probably have to rely on Magic Restores. Sandman Rose is also a sleep kin (Sleep and Paralyze are the best ones in the whole game). At 155B the lower price makes it worth just keeping Magic Restores around, but the lowest is currently 250B.

Well, I'll start selling off my Ally Plus 10 packs and see how it goes.

I'll pass on anything rated below Prancer since I already have that one and really like it. I'd be more than fine with skipping the level 10 Spirited Ember item but I also have no issue using Magic Restore pots. They're very cheap and I've dozens of them anyway. Might just start saving my gold from the Ally packs and see what is to see price wise as things come. Sakura, Sandseed, Spirited, good to have options, thank you!

I'm going to try to sell the packs for 25B each but if want to buy some as you mentioned earlier, I'd ask for less from you. Prob 20B, if that would be alright. Or individual pots for 2B if you only want/need a few.

Thank you! Glad to know Prancer is performing as he should. :nod:

Sir_Catherine
PurpleLovr

2. Sandseed

Well, I'll start selling off my Ally Plus 10 packs and see how it goes.

I'll pass on anything rated below Prancer since I already have that one and really like it. I'd be more than fine with skipping the level 10 Spirited Ember item but I also have no issue using Magic Restore pots. They're very cheap and I've dozens of them anyway. Might just start saving my gold from the Ally packs and see what is to see price wise as things come. Sakura, Sandseed, Spirited, good to have options, thank you!

I'm going to try to sell the packs for 25B each but if want to buy some as you mentioned earlier, I'd ask for less from you. Prob 20B, if that would be alright. Or individual pots for 2B if you only want/need a few.

Thank you! Glad to know Prancer is performing as he should. :nod:

Okie dokie. Good luck!
I'm very glad I was able to help 4laugh Funny that they all start with "S" And shush you. I would happily pay 25B per for you. Consider the rest of it a donation if you have to xp I've got 8 now, so I only need one pack but I might be back for more. Just send a trade whenever and I'll plop the gold for it in.
Oh, and if the price comes down on Sandseed and you decide to go for it, let me know! I have way too many Magic Restores, haha, so I would love to give them a better home where they would actually get used sometimes.

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
PurpleLovr
Okie dokie. Good luck!
I'm very glad I was able to help 4laugh Funny that they all start with "S" And shush you. I would happily pay 25B per for you. Consider the rest of it a donation if you have to xp I've got 8 now, so I only need one pack but I might be back for more. Just send a trade whenever and I'll plop the gold for it in.
Oh, and if the price comes down on Sandseed and you decide to go for it, let me know! I have way too many Magic Restores, haha, so I would love to give them a better home where they would actually get used sometimes.
Well, alright, but you have to help me get Sonpi to take gold from me then! wink We did agree on an item for art trade, but then the item plummeted in value. Like from several billion to several million plummeted. So I want to give her gold as well as the item but she's arguing with me on it.

I'll set up the trade, accept whenever you like and just quote me when you want more.

Sir_Catherine
PurpleLovr
Okie dokie. Good luck!
Well, alright, but you have to help me get Sonpi to take gold from me then! wink We did agree on an item for art trade, but then the item plummeted in value. Like from several billion to several million plummeted. So I want to give her gold as well as the item but she's arguing with me on it.

I'll set up the trade, accept whenever you like and just quote me when you want more.

Haha Sonpi can be so stubborn at times. I did see that conversation you were talking about. I usually just pester her until she agrees. xp

Sir_Catherine

Hey you emotion_hug
I know you've been busy but I wanted to let you know that I would happily buy another ally potion pack from you. I'm in no hurry, so whenever you are back (or if you need time to collect more) just let me know.

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
PurpleLovr
Hey you emotion_hug
I know you've been busy but I wanted to let you know that I would happily buy another ally potion pack from you. I'm in no hurry, so whenever you are back (or if you need time to collect more) just let me know.
I keep missing days of late for the voting streak to aquire them, but I do have several already stocked up so I can send a trade now. smile They've dropped in value 20B okay by you instead of 25?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff