Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is there anything you feel like the G2LQ owners could improve on?

Be more active with visitors. 0.11428571428571 11.4% [ 4 ]
Add more rules. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Add more contests. 0.11428571428571 11.4% [ 4 ]
Include better rewards as incentives for being a regular. 0.11428571428571 11.4% [ 4 ]
Make the thread more visually appealing. 0.2 20.0% [ 7 ]
Other (please post if choosing this). 0.028571428571429 2.9% [ 1 ]
Nothing! You guys are doing an amazing job! 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 35 ]
< 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 75 76 77 > >>

Generous Spirit

Sir Marty the Magnificent
Ray Ban
Ray Ban
Not a problem at all. I can relate. I used to be the same way back in high school. How are you?

When it concerns online and video game activities I tend to be the leader. IRL, unless I'm with a real close friend (like Pichu), I'm just as shy as her. razz

And oh god, I hated high school. High school was the last straw for me and made me realize just how bad compulsory schooling was.

Luckily I had a pretty big pool of tight friends from being in the marching band. That was what I really geeked out on in high school.

DAT DONATION THO eek User Image emotion_jawdrop

So is it for me or for the thread mule? I'm don't mind who it's for but omfg, I'm literally speechless right now. emotion_sweatdrop wahmbulance

Well, since you don't have a thread mule yet or a real concrete idea on your contests, if you have them, I guess for you. o.o

Prophet

Vocality
*shrug*
I know nothing about contests and such
I used to, not now.

Thread mules are fun though
Make sure it's super adorable
4laugh

Maybe I could reward you with some stuff! Would you mind tekteking me a female treasurer for the thread? whee

Ray Ban
Tight-knit indeed since every accomplishment is everyone's accomplishment. I'm sorry to hear that. Even though I wouldn't go back and do it again, I do have some fond memories during high school.

That's understandable. I think what I'm really against is just the compulsory schooling law. There's so many scenarios where one could come out generally enjoying school, hating it, or feeling so-so about it, but what I hate is when others push their compulsory schooling agenda onto those who are against it.

It really pisses me off because I wanted to be homeschooled when I was still going to school, but my parents vehemently disagreed and then they forced me to get my GED if I kept not going to school. They were going to petition me to the court, so I decided to get my GED, got it in 2 weeks, and have been a hermit ever since then.

Junior

AH I DON'T KNOW ANY OF THE ITEMS ANYMORE THERE'S SO MANY
I'D DO A HORRIBLE JOB
gonk

Generous Spirit

Ray Ban
Tight-knit indeed since every accomplishment is everyone's accomplishment. I'm sorry to hear that. Even though I wouldn't go back and do it again, I do have some fond memories during high school.

That's understandable. I think what I'm really against is just the compulsory schooling law. There's so many scenarios where one could come out generally enjoying school, hating it, or feeling so-so about it, but what I hate is when others push their compulsory schooling agenda onto those who are against it.

It really pisses me off because I wanted to be homeschooled when I was still going to school, but my parents vehemently disagreed and then they forced me to get my GED if I kept not going to school. They were going to petition me to the court, so I decided to get my GED, got it in 2 weeks, and have been a hermit ever since then.

Can't say I'm versed enough on the subject to offer a valid opinion, but from the sounds of it, you kinda got the shaft. gonk Hopefully this is not the be all end all for you. Your path in life that you've carved out for yourself sounds like it's going to be an interesting journey though. I hope to see you on a credits screen some day.

Prophet

Ray Ban
Ray Ban
Ray Ban
Not a problem at all. I can relate. I used to be the same way back in high school. How are you?

When it concerns online and video game activities I tend to be the leader. IRL, unless I'm with a real close friend (like Pichu), I'm just as shy as her. razz

And oh god, I hated high school. High school was the last straw for me and made me realize just how bad compulsory schooling was.

Luckily I had a pretty big pool of tight friends from being in the marching band. That was what I really geeked out on in high school.

DAT DONATION THO eek User Image emotion_jawdrop

So is it for me or for the thread mule? I'm don't mind who it's for but omfg, I'm literally speechless right now. emotion_sweatdrop wahmbulance

Well, since you don't have a thread mule yet or a real concrete idea on your contests, if you have them, I guess for you. o.o

Do you mind if I can put this mostly towards my personal quest while using it as a back-up for my contests and mule? emotion_bigheart

Lemme go credit you right away.

quayla666
Well, maybe you need to wait until you get a job then? I know things are costly, and that isn't something that is immediately needed in the household. So, it might be pushed aside for other things that are more needed. I never got an allowance, but did all the chores, because I knew that they needed to be done. sweatdrop It isn't a right to get money for doing things that need to be done.

Well now I don't have as much money because my mom and dad got a divorce a long time ago. My dad also left his job to "spend more time" with my sister and I, and that completely backfired on so many levels it's inexplicable. I don't really care about the divorce at all, but what I'm trying to say is that they've never really supported my views and aspirations.

I never demanded them buying anything, but when I was asking my dad for things I'd stress it due to the fact that I wanted to be ahead of the curve of my hobbies. I wanted to get a head start on my hobbies to hopefully be someone online and possibly make a career out of it, which is something I implied in my intro of the quest thread.

I never really asked my mom because she was always the "poorer" one in the family. My dad was the one working because my mom can't drive medically, so she's mainly been unemployed throughout my time living in this ****hole of a city, but I would always appreciate the stuff she got me whether she had money or not.

Prophet

Vocality
AH I DON'T KNOW ANY OF THE ITEMS ANYMORE THERE'S SO MANY
I'D DO A HORRIBLE JOB
gonk

Did you just recently come back to Gaia? surprised

Ray Ban
Can't say I'm versed enough on the subject to offer a valid opinion, but from the sounds of it, you kinda got the shaft. gonk Hopefully this is not the be all end all for you. Your path in life that you've carved out for yourself sounds like it's going to be an interesting journey though. I hope to see you on a credits screen some day.

I've been told similar things in the past. whee

Right now I'm just really depressed so it's hard getting myself motivated for almost anything, but I just wish I could come to my parents and have their support on my hobby-career. I know that if they weren't supportive of my decision of wanting homeschooling, they'd never agree to something like that. It's one of the main things that has pulled me back from ever talking to them about pretty much anything in my life. I've been mostly keeping everything inside.

Junior

Yes crying
I haven't been here for quite some time
So.. I'm not exactly qualified to make adorable tekteks sweatdrop

Prophet

Vocality

Yes crying
I haven't been here for quite some time
So.. I'm not exactly qualified to make adorable tekteks sweatdrop

Well welcome back! I'm really not all that well-versed in tekteking either because I just recently came back too. I used to be, and I did win a few tektek contests back during Gaia's heyday.

Junior

Yeah, tekteking is fun.
I have a question though
What's with the option to make my avatar an animal? Do I have to pay for that?
It's confusing talk2hand

Generous Spirit

Ray Ban

I've been told similar things in the past. whee

Right now I'm just really depressed so it's hard getting myself motivated for almost anything, but I just wish I could come to my parents and have their support on my hobby-career. I know that if they weren't supportive of my decision of wanting homeschooling, they'd never agree to something like that. It's one of the main things that has pulled me back from ever talking to them about pretty much anything in my life. I've been mostly keeping everything inside.

Well get to it, you big silly. You'll never know what they'll support if you never come forward with it. And even if they don't, don't let that extinguish your passion for it. Do what you can when you can, baby steps if you have to.

Prophet

Vocality

Yeah, tekteking is fun.
I have a question though
It's confusing talk2hand

I think your best bet is asking the users at the Site Questions & Assistance forum because I have no idea. I don't touch that **** at all because I don't want to screw up my avatar. Better safe than sorry. razz

Generous Spirit

Vocality

Yeah, tekteking is fun.
I have a question though
It's confusing talk2hand

You don't. It's an option you can pick above your avi in the dress up screen. They do have separate items though.

Prophet

Ray Ban
Well get to it, you big silly. You'll never know what they'll support if you never come forward with it. And even if they don't, don't let that extinguish your passion for it. Do what you can when you can, baby steps if you have to.

My passion for cosplaying, pro gaming, and machinimating will never be extinguished, but I just don't want to hear commentary 458629 on how it isn't a real career and just a hobby, and to get a "real" job like "the rest of us". Did I mention it's also for your own benefit?

That's how it similarly went with homeschooling. I just got sick of disagreeing with them and constantly arguing that I just prefer not confiding in them with anything, especially since they let my uncle assault me in front of them. That was one thing that really broke any last bit of trust I had for them.

Junior

Ray Ban

Hmm that's good
But I'm not sure I'd want to do that anyway
emotion_drool

Generous Spirit

Ray Ban

My passion for cosplaying, pro gaming, and machinimating will never be extinguished, but I just don't want to hear commentary 458629 on how it isn't a real career and just a hobby, and to get a "real" job like "the rest of us". Did I mention it's also for your own benefit?

That's how it similarly went with homeschooling. I just got sick of disagreeing with them and constantly arguing that I just prefer not confiding in them with anything, especially since they let my uncle assault me in front of them. That was one thing that really broke any last bit of trust I had for them.

Well you do need a "real job" until you get a leg up on the scene, but it would only be temporary until you get your real real job. whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff