User Image

Hello. n___n/

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
iLickmimes
Mimesy send in his loverly application. :3 He will commence chatting now. *chatchat*

Thank you for applying, so how're you coming along on your quest?

iScwuffy
User Image

Hello. n__n

Hello, how're you? I don't think I got an application from you though xp

Love-Lost Elegy

I took the bus to school in high school. And my college is about a 30-45 minute drive from my house, and no buses go out that way. I also need a car for other reasons that include seeing people that are too far away from me, like my little brothers and my boyfriend, who is also in college.
As to not being able to talk.... I'm very shy online, and semi-shy in public. Think Fluttershy, if you know of her.

Ah, local traveling must be a hassle then. A car would definitely give you more freedom as well. So what exactly is your major in college?

And yes, I know fluttershy. I don't watch the show, but I'm completely aware of the internet pop culture the ponies have spawned. I have nothing against them, but I'm not a fan either. I love the quote in your sig, and I find it weird that you're more shy online than in public. Any particular reason as to why that is?

Schizophrenic Duckling
KooHoo-P

I'm really leaning to music.. But I'm not yet sure what God has in store for me. x)

Music is good! Would you just want to become a producer? composer? form a band?

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Lily DArouet
Eh, I'm not bad. Preparing for a job interview tomorrow. >_< This whole "being an adult" thing sucks. Mainly because I feel like a lot of companies aren't really willing to take a chance on a recent graduate; they'd rather stick with the folks who are already in the company. That may not be the case, that's simply how it feels to me right now.

I agree that intellectual discussion is often severely lacking, but perhaps it's more because I tend not to venture into unknown forums/threads much anymore. Anyway, at the risk of sparking an argument: have you heard of the Occupy movements, and what is your opinion of them if you have? I don't want to bias you, so I shall save my remarks for after your next reply.

WOW! I am definitely going to have fun with you. (sorry if that sounded rather crude, I'm just excited because I see alot of potential in our future discussions.)
I wish you the best of luck at your job interview. I'm actually looking for a new job, and I'm kinda looking at the situation in the same way you are. I've worked 4 different jobs in the last 5 years, and with that much experience, a high school diploma, and some college hours, I think I can apply for a job that isn't open to just anybody. I'm not sure where to start though, I don't want to get locked into it and turn it into a career, because I'm currently majoring in physics and I still have endeavors to have a career in said field. But I also would like something that challenges me intellectually and pays at least $9/h.

I agree that it's hard to find intellectual discussions on Gaia, but this site's target demographic isn't the most elegant of populations. No offense to anybody, but with the right connections and the effort put into searching, it's almost inevitable that you'll find like-minded people to chat with.

And yes, I've heard of the Occupy Wallstreet movements, my Dad is semi-involved in them. He gave a speech at a local rally in Richland, WA. But he's back home with me in Omaha, NE. So I think he cut his ties with them. Personally, I don't get into politics. I don't mean to seem ignorant about it, but I'm simply apathetic towards that subject. I know I should pay attention since it's going to affect me as I get older, but I'm much more interesting in focusing on subjects such as science and philosophy. I'll be happy to hear your thoughts about the Occupy movements, it will most likely give me perspective.

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
NOTE

I am sorry if my replies are late, but I try hard to reply to everybody at once. I want to keep conversations going at all times in this thread.

So if you engage in conversations amongst each other, I will definitely be more happy and have incentive to donate your way. THANK YOU!

Loiterer

13,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Rebuilder 100
KooHoo-P

User Image

Oh I thought I sent an application. o: I guess if I didn't, I can always do it again later. n__n
        I'm fine, thanks for asking! I'm just lurking through the art freebies forum to search for avis
        that I can consider for freebies. n__n What about you?

8,225 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Consumer 100
KooHoo-P
Love-Lost Elegy

I took the bus to school in high school. And my college is about a 30-45 minute drive from my house, and no buses go out that way. I also need a car for other reasons that include seeing people that are too far away from me, like my little brothers and my boyfriend, who is also in college.
As to not being able to talk.... I'm very shy online, and semi-shy in public. Think Fluttershy, if you know of her.

Ah, local traveling must be a hassle then. A car would definitely give you more freedom as well. So what exactly is your major in college?

And yes, I know fluttershy. I don't watch the show, but I'm completely aware of the internet pop culture the ponies have spawned. I have nothing against them, but I'm not a fan either. I love the quote in your sig, and I find it weird that you're more shy online than in public. Any particular reason as to why that is?

I want to be a teacher.
And well.... Because I can't read people online like I can in real life. *blush* And.... if I don't know them... I get really scared. I used to not be able to make friends.... '~' I'm working on not being shy, as you can see.

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
iScwuffy
KooHoo-P

User Image

Oh I thought I sent an application. o: I guess if I didn't, I can always do it again later. n__n
        I'm fine, thanks for asking! I'm just lurking through the art freebies forum to search for avis
        that I can consider for freebies. n__n What about you?

Oh my, you're correct. I'm sorry, I've gotten more than I thought I would at the start. I saved yours, thank you!

So you draw art? do you have any demos?

I'm just finished playing zOMG. I stopped so I could write replies to the denizens of this thread. I'm very happy I'm getting alot of hits. heart

Fairy

KooHoo-P

A composer. I just never seem to like the idea of being in a band. Just never appealed to me.

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Love-Lost Elegy
KooHoo-P
Love-Lost Elegy

I want to be a teacher.
And well.... Because I can't read people online like I can in real life. *blush* And.... if I don't know them... I get really scared. I used to not be able to make friends.... '~' I'm working on not being shy, as you can see.

I think being a teacher would be awesome. I've actually given thought to becoming a physics professor as a career choice. It'd be great to help construct the minds of the youth.

That's an interesting reason as to your online shyness. I always figured chatting online would remove the stress of public confrontation. I'm glad you've been able to overcome some of your shyness. There's nothing "wrong" with it though, alot of people think it's cute. And if you're shy, it shows lack of aggression, so some people are actually more likely to want to be your friend. But completely overcoming your shyness will also open new social opportunities, so either way I'm sure people will like you for who you are. mrgreen

Loiterer

13,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Rebuilder 100
KooHoo-P

User Image

Ahh, at least you've found it. n___n
        Unfortunately, not at the moment - but once I find enough samples and upload them I can probably
        start my own collection. But sorry I don't have any to show you. :c
        It's nice to see a lot of people coming in the thread. n__n

Ahh I haven't played zOMG practically in months. I used to play everyday right after school,
        I wonder why I stopped. /:

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Schizophrenic Duckling
KooHoo-P

A composer. I just never seem to like the idea of being in a band. Just never appealed to me.

I'm glad your chose composer. I've recently have learned to give them the up-most appreciation for music.

Who're some of your favorite composers?

Lonely Soldier

17,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
iScwuffy
KooHoo-P
[
Oh my, you're correct. I'm sorry, I've gotten more than I thought I would at the start. I saved yours, thank you!

So you draw art? do you have any demos?

I'm just finished playing zOMG. I stopped so I could write replies to the denizens of this thread. I'm very happy I'm getting alot of hits. heart

Reoca

User Image

Ahh, at least you've found it. n___n
        Unfortunately, not at the moment - but once I find enough samples and upload them I can probably
        start my own collection. But sorry I don't have any to show you. :c
        It's nice to see a lot of people coming in the thread. n__n

Ahh I haven't played zOMG practically in months. I used to play everyday right after school,
        I wonder why I stopped. /:

Well I'd definitely love to check out some of your work when you upload it. Perhaps you should make a portfolio.

I've actually recently just got back into zOMG. And I'm having alot of fun, I'm either making tons of gold doing Papa saw or Shallow Sea. Or I'm leveling up in the new expansion. Either way, I'm still making new friends and having fun.

I recommended you try the game again, there's nothing to lose, but potentially alot to gain.

8,225 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Consumer 100
KooHoo-P

I think being a teacher would be awesome. I've actually given thought to becoming a physics professor as a career choice. It'd be great to help construct the minds of the youth.

That's an interesting reason as to your online shyness. I always figured chatting online would remove the stress of public confrontation. I'm glad you've been able to overcome some of your shyness. There's nothing "wrong" with it though, alot of people think it's cute. And if you're shy, it shows lack of aggression, so some people are actually more likely to want to be your friend. But completely overcoming your shyness will also open new social opportunities, so either way I'm sure people will like you for who you are. mrgreen

I can see people in public. While I can't read minds... ~_~... I still can see the one I'm talking to and be a little more confident in where my words fall.

Fairy

KooHoo-P

Ms. Lindsey Stirling. Johann Sebastian Bach. Franz Joseph Haydn. Just a few of many. But enough of me, how about you?

Loiterer

13,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Rebuilder 100
KooHoo-P

Well I'd definitely love to check out some of your work when you upload it. Perhaps you should make a portfolio.

I've actually recently just got back into zOMG. And I'm having alot of fun, I'm either making tons of gold doing Papa saw or Shallow Sea. Or I'm leveling up in the new expansion. Either way, I'm still making new friends and having fun.

I recommended you try the game again, there's nothing to lose, but potentially alot to gain.

User Image

I'll make sure to show you if I get enough samples. n___n. I guess in the meantime I should
        start practicing using programs with a mouse before I get my tablet. o:

I wasn't too far when I was playing, but I guess it'd be fun to get back into it. <;
        I'll try to make some time during my study break to maybe get back into zOMG. v__v

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff