Welcome to Gaia! ::

Profitable Prophet

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
MiameMiame
I am not American but I will still give my two cents.
I do not agree with women covering up at all. In my opinion it is a sign of suppression. I do discriminate I guess; I have never talked with a woman who has covered up and I am pretty sure it will stay like that in the future (I avoid women who cover up in real life). I have talked with muslims, but those were men.

one could also say that not covering up and exposing your body is a sign of suppression.
Honestly, I wouldn't discriminate in the way you're thinking. I love to see positive, happy things. I would probably discriminate in a manner of openness- to be interested in who you are as a person.

Liberal Receiver

I Shall Give You NoMercy
When worn right, I find them really pretty.
emotion_kirakira
I do find it kinda sad though, because I can't help but feel really sorry for the woman who wear them.

I like to think about it this way - having a bad hair day? No problem. Hair's greasy? Nope, no problem there either. You live in a stupid-cold climate? Well, you've already got something covering your head dramallama

Conservative Voter

3,500 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Partygoer 500
Harley Jade Linnea
Capitalist Gynecologist
MiameMiame
I am not American but I will still give my two cents.
I do not agree with women covering up at all. In my opinion it is a sign of suppression. I do discriminate I guess; I have never talked with a woman who has covered up and I am pretty sure it will stay like that in the future (I avoid women who cover up in real life). I have talked with muslims, but those were men.
Every Muslim I've met was pretty crazy. Plus most of the people that follow that religion are extremists. I swear, that religion does things to people.

Then you must not have met many. or maybe they just know you are an islamaphobe and respond to your hatred? I've been to my local mosque and talked with many, they have a very large population in my area, and none of them agree with the extremists.
You realize Islam is by no means a religion of peace?
I wouldn't judge. I find them really pretty with dresses/skirts so I would probably just give you lots of compliments. redface

Devoted Pirate

Nope, not at all. I might even compliment you if I think the fabric is pretty.

Dapper Ladykiller

I thought the point was that the hair's one of a woman's more attractive features. And they wear them because they don't want men ogling them.

Wearing one because it's "cute" sounds contradictory.

Dapper Citizen

As long as you don't go around saying that other people need to wear one too, I wouldn't mind. There is a large hijab-wearing population at my college. (I even saw a couple of women wearing burkas)

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I think they're pretty. I wouldn't discriminate. But I know other people would.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I think it's cute looking. I would have no reason to discriminate.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff