Welcome to Gaia! ::

FXMLDR's Wife

Hopeless Sweetheart

cute!!!!!!
the 1st pic reminds me of the style mori girl

Generous Poster

I've never met anyone who wore it because they think it "looks cool." That's just...shallow and ignorant.
No I just feel bad for them, they're brainwashed.

Invisible Regular

It depends on where in America you go, really. I live near a big city and there's a wide variety of cultures that exist here. So, mostly everyone is used to seeing various cultural clothing and customs. I personally wouldn't mind one bit and I might even compliment you on how cute it looks. There's always going to be someone who stares or mutters something about you under their breath if you look "different" to them, but you'll find that anywhere.

If you go to a rural area or sparsely populated town, you might have higher chances of people actually getting in your face and being racist. It just depends on what type of people are in the area and how exposed they've been to other cultures.
gabbytehninja

No I wouldn't discriminate against you if you wore a hijab. There's some women at my college who wear Hijab's and have an origin in the middle east, I don't treat them any differently than I treat anyone else. I also don't even judge them inside my own mind.

I don't understand why people are against the Hijab, it just looks like a different kind of fashion than what most modern women wear.

I still wouldn't discriminate, but I would probably judge someone if I saw them wearing a Burka or anything that covers most of their face. When women go that far and do that in America, it really makes me think what in the world is causing that woman to wear something that looks so ridiculous.

Also I don't think Burka's are very safe because you can't see the person's face, it's similar to when people wear ski masks that cover their entire face, you just don't feel 100% comfortable around a person like that because you can't see their face.
fath3r t3d
Bought myself a copy of the Qur'an today. Hopefully the translation is mostly faithful to the original text.

I have a Qur'an as well, I have this one

http://www.amazon.com/The-Quran-Oxford-Worlds-Classics/dp/0199535957/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357175042&sr=8-1&keywords=Qu%27ran

Liberal Receiver

The only judging I'd do is assume they're Muslim. And that's a religion of peaceful people, and insane people who go on rampages - just like Christianity.

7,750 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: KO 200
i see alot of them over here wearing them one more wont hurt

Girl-Crazy Bloodsucker

When worn right, I find them really pretty.
emotion_kirakira
I do find it kinda sad though, because I can't help but feel really sorry for the woman who wear them.

Saint Bloodsucker

No, I think they make beautiful Arab women more beautiful.

Fashionable Shopper

Oh, oh, how can you be good enough?
User Image

...its just a babushka, why would I discriminate? I have issues with the full covering though simply because you do not know who you are talking to. I also take issue with those who will not remove their coverings for IDs or anything that anyone else would have to for. Some of them are pretty cute though. Personally I think I'd look horrible with my hair back like that though so I wouldn't wear them.

User Image
How can you measure up?

Original Gaian

8,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I see quite a few women on a daily bases who dress this way in my town. There were also plenty of girls in my high school that sported the hijab. I really see no reason to discriminate you for it.

Bloodthirsty Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Partygoer 500
I have seen a few women wearing them where I live and I never think twice about it, only that it's interesting as I don't see them very often.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff