Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kisai

Ooh! Random glomp party! *glomps back*

I try, but the words never stick in my brain. I need someone to tell things over and over again to me until I hear them when I'm trying to fall asleep... xd

heheheh. xd blaugh
You could try actually doing some coding... for some reason it sticks better once it's been used... sweatdrop

Aged Lunatic

I'm confused as always upon entering into conversations I have no clue about...............
Is it possible to ask for a clarification on one of the questions?

I'm wondering just HOW long ago you are referring to in the irrigation question. I've got a few possibles, but am unsure of what time frame you're wanting.
I did give a hint when I said it was named after someone. That was the big hint there. Read the entire question and its context. I hide clues in the darndest of places. 3nodding
Arethic
SkynX
*walks in and scratches his head*

I thought this was the CT1 prelim thread?... The topic at hand seems to indicate the personals have been re-routed to here...

*shrugs* Guess gaia is more convoluted than i thought...

You talkin to me punk?

Are you talkin to me?

stare

I'm tony montana.......... xd

(Yes yes....... I know, what a horrible clash of movie catch phrases)

O.o... Does that mean your going to OD on cocaine and end up shooting your mansion to pieces, too?

(And it only took me 6 hours to come up with that witty response! I'm improving!! xd Sociability here I come ^.^)
Kisai
Kunama
You're the people who can actually sit down and code for hours at a time. I'll sit there looking over your shoulder or looking through someone else's source code, and looking up the reference book every two minutes or so because I wouldn't have a clue what you're coding. xp

Yeah, me too. I was referring to the awesomely smart people who actually can code. I'm the one who sits down and reads the books for hours on end while others are coding and still doesn't have any idea how to code. sweatdrop

I had a period where I had no computer of my own - a crash and then not enough funds. Still, I didn't give up my studies. During that time, I taught myself C++ from a reference book with nothing but pencil and paper. Wrote a simplified RPG game based on the old L.O.R.D. BBS game. After getting a system back again, it ended up only having one code error.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that reading the books is something that I find helps tremendously (though back in the 80's, I taught myself BASIC without any reference material whatsoever, but knowing BASIC, that's not a huge feat blaugh ) Keep reading those books, and eventually things start being realized.

I had a big problem learning about two particular topics: streams in C, and the movement to OOP in Pascal threw me for a loop, and it took me several months to grasp the topics. A lot of talking to myself aloud and drawing pictures and flowcharts based on what I was reading before it all made sense. Hang in there, and eventually, it will all make sense :p

It was so hilarious when I was walking through Wal-Mart, and I randomly bursted aloud "BUFFERS!". Everyone thought I must be insane, I'd imagine. sweatdrop

I'm still missing two of my teammates... I'm starting to wonder if they evaporated or something.

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
Two questions: What's CT1 and are you still taking people in? eek redface
WWLink
Two questions: What's CT1 and are you still taking people in? eek redface

The big Gaian Geek Tournament. We're not taking people yet, but another prelim round will be coming around in about a month. Once we have our Omegas set and everything running. 3nodding

Aged Lunatic

SkynX
Arethic
SkynX
*walks in and scratches his head*

I thought this was the CT1 prelim thread?... The topic at hand seems to indicate the personals have been re-routed to here...

*shrugs* Guess gaia is more convoluted than i thought...

You talkin to me punk?

Are you talkin to me?

stare

I'm tony montana.......... xd

(Yes yes....... I know, what a horrible clash of movie catch phrases)

O.o... Does that mean your going to OD on cocaine and end up shooting your mansion to pieces, too?

(And it only took me 6 hours to come up with that witty response! I'm improving!! xd Sociability here I come ^.^)

Haha, six hours, thats good though, can you tell me what two movies my phrases were from? xd

And no, I dont OD on cocaine, Tony Montana never did that, he died like a man, he died with respect............. xp

And yes, I shoot up my small hou....... er..... i mean big a** mansion xd
Could someone PM me a copy of the questions, or a working link to where they are stored?

And if anybody on my team has answered ANY of the questions, I would like to know.
1st quote: Taxi Driver?
2nd quote: Scarface

Aged Lunatic

The New Hades

Atleast you got scarface........... but taxi driver? What the hell is taxi driver?
Arethic
The New Hades

Atleast you got scarface........... but taxi driver? What the hell is taxi driver?

I asked a friend....that's what he said. So meh.

Aged Lunatic

The New Hades
Arethic
The New Hades

Eh.... never heard of that title........ give you a hint........ Clint........ xd
Arethic
The New Hades
Arethic
The New Hades

Eh.... never heard of that title........ give you a hint........ Clint........ xd
Yeah, thats an easy one... sheesh, people with no good taste in movies.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff