Welcome to Gaia! ::

Keantha's Pardner

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
If it's any consolation about Meerkat Manor...

Apparently the filming actually involved many more meerkats than was actually shown - There were multiple Flowers, etc.

Of course, I learned that on TV Tropes, so the validity of that is questionable... But when you think about some of the deaths, it makes it a little more comforting that it may not have been the one you THINK it was xd ;

Also, why does Firefox think meerkat is spelled wrong? emotion_donotwant

Hygienic Waffles

Rocketdog noooooo :C

Anxious Cat

lol Jackson's cool, but I have no idea why they wanted dif narrators for the film based on where it came out in theaters. Makes no sense to me.

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
Ravvlet
Ooooh I love harvest moon! Have they announced a new one for the 3ds yet?
yes its called harvest moon: anew beginning and its like fully customizable

Dapper Explorer

ninja

now i wanna watch all those movies

obasufaauii! I LOVE harvest moon !!

Hygienic Waffles

Ooooohhhhh blah I don't have a 3ds anymore XD

Shirtless Receiver

Meerkat Manor was the best show.

Safaia's Fav

Magical Apprentice

Andranis
Yup, the US version had Samuel L. Jackson doing the narration xd ; I would have preferred Mr. Stewart lol

US versions always get weird narrators. I had to wait and hunt down the version of Life narrated by David Attenborough ( heart ) because I refused to buy the one narrated by Oprah.

Dapper Explorer

Today, i listen to more disney music, do lots of art and be on Gaia

Keantha's Pardner

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
[Eskimo]

lol Jackson's cool, but I have no idea why they wanted dif narrators for the film based on where it came out in theaters. Makes no sense to me.

I think they wanted to go with 'more well known voice in X countries'... Which was a bit of a failure, because I can't even think of what Jackson's voice sounds like off the top of my head, yet I can think of Stewart's voice in a heartbeat xd (That and... Prince of Egypt, hearing him say 'they're only slaves...' about... Yeah... emo )

I wanna see Chimpanzee, though... crying
8D

And so the Bahari invade the Kizi, time to get those cubs back...Mmhmmm.

Mega Streaker

So are they re-filming Meerkat manor or are they just showing it again? xD
everyone is talking about it and I remember watching it a while ago.

tameiIa's Datemate

Lonely Phantom

Keantha's Pardner

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Ecavi
Andranis
Yup, the US version had Samuel L. Jackson doing the narration xd ; I would have preferred Mr. Stewart lol

US versions always get weird narrators. I had to wait and hunt down the version of Life narrated by David Attenborough ( heart ) because I refused to buy the one narrated by Oprah.

And you know, it gets even weirder than that - For the BBC special Walking with Cavemen, there were actually ENTIRE scenes NOT used from the UK version in the US version... And the US version had some scenes ADDED that weren't in the UK version. There was absolutely no narrator interaction in the US version with the subjects eek

Dapper Explorer

@Epine- so a new part of the meta is coming out/being written?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff