Welcome to Gaia! ::

Deworming shouldn't be that expensive. o3o

It's like $20 for something that kills everything including tapeworms from us. And we give out puppy kits with their first flea medicine and heartworm prevention free.

Tipsy Prophet

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Ohlawd, I just saw my sister's dog's vet bill.

870 dollars.

-faints-

She had to have two teeth pulled and a growth removed from her back leg that we didn't know what it was.
Whaaaat. D:

Man I always cringe when I see bills from other vets. I guess I didn't realize at first how little we markup services (and a lot of the time we manually lower the prices in the computer for people we know are strapped for cash). I can't see a bill getting that high unless the growth was like heavily intertwined with the muscle and took two hours+.

Dulcet Scarface

A checkup for Ryuk is usually $15 or free. But for the past couple of months we've been trying to get rid of this bladder infection he has, and it has been $30-$60 a trip. He and antibiotics aren't meshing. And the cranberry powder stuff she's having us put in his food he wont TOUCH.

Tipsy Prophet

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I dunno how long it took and I haven't spoken with my folks/sis to find out what it was yet. I knew she was having teeth removed, but I didn't realize they decided to operate until I walked out into the living room and found her curled on the couch with sutures on her leg.

She usually crates with my mom's dog when they aren't home, but Sunny won't leave her be, so they decided to let Stormy roam the house while they were gone. She's a good dog and won't chew anything, but they don't let her do it anyway cos we're renting.

-saw the bill sitting on the bar-

It's crazy...

That's almost the exact same amount the hospital here wanted to charge me for a catscan back when I had a concussion. :/ I was in the machine for no longer than ten seconds.
You Lucky Dogs You! Custom-in!

*Rolls in with a yawn and goes to backread a little bit.*

Dapper Humorist

I'm busy busy busy busy with school Work T^T

Hello all
Unfortunately it was ~500 dollars. ;; He is a very small puppy and it is the god king of worms. They are afraid that it is causing a worm ball obstruction, so I have to take him back for some more xrays.

Of course I am a pushover too. I don't know if I got had or not. Mom is going back with me later.
Bladder infections are the bane of our existence. We've had two cats with such bad recurrent ones this year they ended up having to have perineal urethrostomies done. And many many others that haven't gotten to that point yet. x___x

Liberal Streaker

Did they have to put the dog under for a while, Aurrie? Those drugs will be really expensive, depending.

There's all sorts of protocol, some can only be bought in bulk (and then are hardly used after). Then monitoring, etc. On-call vets will charge differently, too. There are emergency fees, traveling fees, etc.

Did you get the growth tested? Could be another charge.

A lot of emergency vets here charge $40 just to come out. Like, vet bills can really vastly vary based on size of clinic, type of animal, drugs used in procedure, etc. And unless you make it really clear you're strapped for money, a lot of times vets have a standard protocol they follow for certain things and won't think otherwise unless you tell them you can't afford it.

Lonely Bookworm

-begins unbraiding her hair-
This could take a while.
Yeah that's true, we tend to ask about everything since we're in such a rural low-income area. XD

Tipsy Prophet

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I have no idea. xD; I dunno any of the specifics, just caught sight of it and hope nothing ever happens to my dog like that. x .x

-snugs Scully-

Dulcet Scarface

Dulcea
Bladder infections are the bane of our existence. We've had two cats with such bad recurrent ones this year they ended up having to have perineal urethrostomies done. And many many others that haven't gotten to that point yet. x___x
Yeah, the vet says Ryuk's is getting better, but it's just taking a looong time. At least now his pee is more PEACHY than red like it was. @__@ I'll be glad when he starts using the box again though. Puppy pads are expensive. And it is usually normal sized pees, not just little droplets frequently. I would REALLY be worrying if it wasn't any pee at all though so... *sigh* Patience.

Ecavi's Queen

Trickster

Cloud Ceremony in Ela started/open. Tree is started, but it probably won't be open until tonight.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff