+1 1 100.0% [ 756 ]
Total Votes:[ 756 ]

Loyal Loiterer

Tangled Puppet
reirelight
The Only Black Uke
reirelight

Ah, that makes sense. xD
I don't know, for some things I think it's well suited. Like introspection or going through a character's thought process it works pretty well I think. I'd rather have that then say you know the omnipotent thing where it's third person but you know everything they're thinking as well most of the time.
Though yeah, books can get really annoying if it's not good and it's in the first person perspective.
Oh, but you can do so much fantastic introspection in well-written third person limited! Frankly, you can achieve it just as well as in first person (in my opinion). There is very little, as far as I can tell, that first person can accomplish that third-person limited cannot. Third person limited is not, as you say, though, the same thing as third person omniscient - you don't know everything when you write with it. It's basically told through the eyes of a single person, but using only third person pronouns, and everything is described with the words, knowledge, and influence of the viewpoint character. It's my favorite perspective, and generally the only one I write in.

But ah...I'll hush now. I just...get up in arms when people say that they like first person more because it's more personal. Third person can be extremely personal if it's used that way.

It's not more personal I don't think. I just don't know if I'm able to pull off deeply personal third person limited. I'm not a wonderful writer or anything, I just sort of do it for fun and sometimes I surprise myself.
If I saw a lot of examples of it then I may try to mimic the style until I get the hang of it, but I'm not sure I've seen it very much that I can remember.
You should read Uke's writing, then.
He's very good at what he does and I feel as if I get to know his characters on a personal level...and he writes third person limited.
He's made me cry with his writing before because I've gotten into the story or response and have just felt that person's emotions.
It's great.
I've never gotten that with any first person book I've read before.

I might pour over some of his writing then after I get this one done. I find myself starting to write in third person every few sentences. xD; May have to go back and change it to third and see if it flows better.

Friendly Friend

I think everyone can write professionally if they write with their heart! biggrin

It's about emotion, in my mind, rather than writing styles~ Like even the way words are formatted on a page, it can be beautiful. As long as it's sincere! <3

Aaah, Like have you seen those poems that end up printing out as an image on paper? It's just.. Fantastic!

Tangled Puppet's Husbando

Rainbow Fairy

Cooro Cooro
*totally wants praise too... Feels like he should leave some of his sample writing here to give everyone a taste of what Cooro can do!*
You can give us a sample through your prompt entry! =D //nudge, nudge- Also, Tang is too kind. //dies of blushing and embarrassment- >/////>; I'm sure Yrre is awesome.

Sarcastic Demigod

It may sound mean but I don't think anyone can write professionally.
I don't think I could write professionally.
I'm not that good...and I like to think I write from the heart at times too.
It takes a lot more than heart to make it in the writing business.
You have to know your stuff too.

Fluff Seeker

I gotta agree with Tang.
Writing from the heart is nice and all, but it doesn't do much if you really have no idea how to write.

Sarcastic Demigod

reirelight
I might pour over some of his writing then after I get this one done. I find myself starting to write in third person every few sentences. xD; May have to go back and change it to third and see if it flows better.
He has a fiction press with looots of stories.
Some short, some with chapters.
They're the first things I ever read from him and they're all great.
Though I do still have a lot of them to read.

And he, of course, has lots of RPs and solos here in Magesc.

Friendly Friend

Well, it's the same way about people and their art too!

Just because someone else things their art is terrible, doesn't mean another person won't love it! And you've seen some of the actual art that goes on sale now out in the real world, It's a mess, but SOMEONE loves. Someone will always love it for their quirks and little unique bits!

XD The big thing about being good with writing or art is being persistent! you know the story about J.K. Rowling, right? Many editors thought that she couldn't write, but then BAM, look where she is now?

What I think can start anyone towards having a professional writing career is having even one person believe in you even if everyone else thinks you suck. smile

Sarcastic Demigod

All I'm saying is heart isn't all there is to writing or making it professionally. It's just one part of a big puzzle.
There has to be some kind of talent there...some kind of knowledge.
When you said everyone I thought of all those out there that I've seen write horribly.
And yes, I've seen some pretty bad writing (people using improper grammar, using words in ways they shouldn't be using them, bad spelling, etc).

I still stick with my opinion that not just anyone can make it as a professional writer.

Friendly Friend

To each his own then! Carry on with your day! <3

Fluff Seeker

Rowling has a pretty unique case, doesn't she? XD
But I actually picked up one of the HP books just yesterday, and I was flipping through it when I realized I really didn't care for her writing style that much, anymore. >.< The story was great, don't get me wrong, but... I don't think I'd be able to read them again.

Rainbow Fairy

Mm...but J.K. Rowling WAS talented, and once she got publicity, that was clear. There's a difference between having a style that a lot of professional critics turn you down on, but it still has merit, and one that is just someone who is passionate but has very little to nothing to offer to anyone. Like, no one is saying that you should take one or even ten or twenty critiques personally. But some artists are never going to be professional. Just like some writers never will. Even if there is a lot of room for what "some like and some don't" due to style, there is still a basic hurdle to overcome that involves basic skill, and being passionate about something doesn't automatically give you the skill to achieve it. That's...the real world. sweatdrop

But none of that is to say that you shouldn't try. :]

Loyal Loiterer

Do you always get a dragon soul if you beat a dragon? o 3o

Tipsy Pirate

*tosses out tips* Muahaha! XD Yeah, Coroo, we have tipping fiends in here!

And trying to write a book is hard. I've been trying to rewrite all of Kadryn's into a comprehensive little novel (within a world a different than Magesc, different races and gods, history, and all that to make it more mine so I don't copy Brolis) but basically retelling Kadryn and adding more in.
It gets hard O.o Trying to tie everything to gether into a single story is... very difficult!~

I love reading all of your RP's! I used to read everything.. now you guys are too prolific! emotion_donotwant Robo can't keep up!

Tipsy Pirate

reirelight
Do you always get a dragon soul if you beat a dragon? o 3o

Yes. A win= dragon soul.

Also, (in case new peeps didn't know)
A Dragon disappears/dissolves into dust/light/what have you when they die. There is no body left over! Just the soul remains!

Rainbow Fairy

Whenever you say stuff like that Robo it just makes me like oh god, what is she reading and what isn't she. What should I fix, is anyone even looking??

//collapses-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces