Welcome to Gaia! ::

all books by konsalik...my dad bought a whole lot of old books from a customers sons who had passed away....most of them were old cooking books or books on horses...but there were a few famous german authors as well...and i think at least 20 books of this famous german author konsalik....

these were the most boring books i ever touched in my life...you read one you know all of them...there´s always a guy from westeurope,arabia or asia who of course is the badboy in the story...a very badly written love story as a side dish... and the hero would always be either a) american b)british or c) jewish...i waisted my time on three books and stopped...my mother worked her way through all books and told me they´re all the same..
The Va Vinci Code for being very badly written and the research was even worse. Harry Potter is a series I hated since it started up for having almost zero plot development, shallow characters, poor writing and the fact it blatanty rips off Unseen University and The Worst Witch.

Professional Friend

Anything by John Steinbeck makes me want to set myself on fire.
Jane Eyre. She begins as a strong character and ends up being entirely enslaved to a guy who seemingly expected that enslavement, gah...his loss of sight and so on seem like an attempt to justify her returning, to make us pity him...
Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. Seriously, it's the only book that I can claim to hate. My best friend is being forced to read it for his English class. He hates it too. Rightly so.
The Dark Hills Divide.

I hate that book. It's so awful.
But otherwise I can't really think of any.
I generally like the books I read.

Professional Friend

Nixx Worm
Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. Seriously, it's the only book that I can claim to hate. My best friend is being forced to read it for his English class. He hates it too. Rightly so.

I shiver when I think of reading that for my AP Literature class in high school...
i think that a death in venice is the worst book i've ever read. it's about a ***** who goes on vacation in venice and then falls in love with a boy and follows him around. this then ends with him getting sick a dying. thats the whole plot. god that book made me want to shoot myself. i was going to start this and see if i could start actually reading books for english. sparknotes it was.
~Th3 Deadly Mo0fin~
HMmmm...I'll Have to go with Eragon Eldest. No real need for me to tell you why they were complete crap. At the end I thoght to myself How the fudge was this published?!?!?!? Then I decided to research this. The authors parents own a publishing house. Great. What more will the world be forced to see on the shelves of their local Borders (mmmmm....Borders) from the horriblle Paolini....-shakes head-

User Image

Oh Deadly Moofin, please get a fscking grammar lesson before you even attempt to type again. Thank you and have a loverly evening cool

you may say i’m a
dreamer
but i’m not the only one.

Wheezing Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
I so hate books who have kissing in them and the 5th and 6th books of harry Potter!! mad Why did Dumbledore and Sirius Have to die!Plus I hope that Umbrigde dies in the 7th book.

LadyAssassin11's Significant Otter

+[La Cheshire Chatte]+
MonochroMan!c
A Series of Unfortunate Events.

Seriously, I have NO idea why anyone like those books. The kept telling me the meanings of words I already knew the meanings of. SO FREAKING ANNOYING.

User Image

You just couldn't get past your own prideful indignance? The books are meant for children who may or may not know such words as well as adults who can find the dark humour behind them.

you may say i’m a
dreamer
but i’m not the only one.
No, it's ok once or twice. But if the phrase, "_______ said _______ which means _____________" shows up more than twice in one paragraph it starts to get frustrating.
I dislike many books if they don't interest me, but a book that I truly hated was To Kill a mockingbird. I know many people will disagree with me, but I feel it was too dragged out. I know people talk about how wonderful it is, but honestly, I couldn't stand it, I don't know why I even finished it. Mabel I am not mature enough, at the age of 14 to truly understand it....
Worst book that virtually everyone is forced to read at some point in time.

I loathe this book. Perhaps because my introduction to dystopian literature came from Huxley's Brave New World.

But honestly, take a moment and examine the history of both of these books and authors and you may see that my appreciation for the work as a whole is based not simply on my preference of literary styles.

Brave New World was written in response to what Huxley felt was impending, before WWII and the Cold War took place. It was eerily clever foresight into the ethnic cleansing and "breeding" that was to come from Nazi Germany and Japan.

1984? All written after. In response. Granted, this book is written in a manner that is perhaps an easier read for High Schoolers (DEPENDING on your take)

But never the less, I absolutely hate this book.
necrofish
Worst book that virtually everyone is forced to read at some point in time.

I loathe this book. Perhaps because my introduction to dystopian literature came from Huxley's Brave New World.

But honestly, take a moment and examine the history of both of these books and authors and you may see that my appreciation for the work as a whole is based not simply on my preference of literary styles.

Brave New World was written in response to what Huxley felt was impending, before WWII and the Cold War took place. It was eerily clever foresight into the ethnic cleansing and "breeding" that was to come from Nazi Germany and Japan.

1984? All written after. In response. Granted, this book is written in a manner that is perhaps an easier read for High Schoolers (DEPENDING on your take)

But never the less, I absolutely hate this book.

I tend to believe quite the opposite of Brave New World. I believe it was written as a backlash to the "Roaring 20's" lifestyle of wild debauchery. Huxley believed that if society continued to degenerate as it seemingly was during the 1920s, then the Brave New World future would come to be as a result of the complete degradation of humanity.

The Roaring 20s ended with the Great Depression which was followed by WWII so society changed dramatically from that which Huxley was criticising.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff