Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
User Image

There was a silence after the sinister mage delivered his proposal. He basically said that he'd give them some valuable intel, on the condition that they appoint him as a councilmen. He grinned, knowing this was one hell of a long shot. The High Priestess gave Calypso a stern glare before voicing her thoughts. "Enough!!!" she hollered thunderously. She then slammed her staff against the surface of Wall Erin. The impact rumbled the wall and could be heard well within the residential area. Even the owl perched on her shoulder flapped its wings in astonishment. "Surely you jest! If you really cared about the family then you'd relay the information necessary to win the war without having to greedily ask for a seat on the high council. A seat that we only give to highly trusted members of the coven who only have our best interest in mind. Do you really think we would even consider giving responsibility of thousands of lives to a banished member? You broke our trust all those years ago and trust must be earned. EARNED. It is not simply handed over on a silver platter just because you want to wager information, and that's elementary knowledge right there." She took a step forward, "It's a giant leap of faith to even allow you to breathe right now. The terms of your banishment were that so you wouldn't step foot on our sacred grounds. But look! Here you are and we haven't slit your throat. Is that not enough mercy for you? MERCY. You don't even deserve mercy and yet we've gifted it like fools because the High Priest here actually thought it wise to listen to this deal of yours... Calypso, you of all people know Stettners are no fools." Calypso rolled his eyes, as this Stettner's rant met no end. Upon noticing his impatience she raised her chin, and threatened him with the vibrant glow of her manna via staff. " You want to be part of the family again? You want to set foot among sacred Granate soil of our ancestors again? Then earn it Calypso Mori. We aren't some desperate whore who would take back an abusive boyfriend over night. Understood? This takes time. Either provide information and work with us outside of these walls cooperatively or you can crawl back into your hole. I'll be gracious enough to grant you a choice instead of taking your life, but take so much as a step closer into our home without the permission of us all: Naito, the council and I - and you will find yourself wishing you hadn't."

Oh so desperately did he wanna place a single foot forward. His eyes and devilish grin remained. He truly wanted to egg her on; use that silver tongue of his to press the woman's buttons till she proved why she was elected High Priestess. Though there was a time and place for everything, and the longer he waited in this silent moment the more he realized doing that would be a mistake. "I see, well I-" his sentence was cut short by a rummaging of the trees to his side. The forest quivered as if some massive force had shaken it in its hands. "???" Calypso's eyes slithered left and right trying to locate the source of this disturbance. It rivaled his own, even worse he didn't foresee it's arrival. So it was an unexpected outcome that he didn't anticipate an action for. Although before he contemplated an explanation, a wild bear had burst through the trees. "Now what the hell, goddammit?!" It landed right in front of Calypso; standing on it's hind legs before slamming its palms to the ground to ward the man off. The voodooist merely held his hat to not lose it in all the commotion. Growling under his breath, he mustered up a much more censored utterance. "Are ya'll gonna let me talk? Or are we playin' ********' show & tell here?! Because frankly it's lookin like the latter. And I thank it's 'bout time I gotta goddamn word in for myself." Just like that, he'd totally blown it. He had a habit snapping back when thing's didn't go his way. Lashing out like that probably gave the two all they needed to decline his offer. He would've given up, turned around, and took his leave with the shred of dignity he had left. If it weren't for the arrival of a familiar face. Two Granate magi had walked up on the rambunctious scene. They were both rather eye catching because of their exotic features. One was a snow-topped caramel toned witch. The other was familiar; with his pale skin and distinctive violet eyes.

They had both hearkened Naito and Kozue, worried about the situation. But soon after Calypso crossed optics with the mage's violet orbs. He instantly recognized the man. “Master. It has been too long hasn’t it? This what your servant had transpired into.” If the mage hadn't said that Calypso wouldn't have remembered him at all. Still it didn't narrow down his guesses, though. The slave master owned many, many servants in his years. They come and they go, so remembering one in particular was a challenge. What the devil is his name. squinting his view he tiled his head. He couldn't put his finger on it, but this mage was uncannily familiar. He spoke up again, “Master. What brings you to the house of Granate?” The mage sounded pleased to see him. Calypso hadn't got that reaction from someone in a very long time. Using his enchanted vision, he took a gander at the mage's manna. A grin then slowly spread across his face, "Well if it ain't my protege Dread!" he opened his arms approaching the man for a hearty greeting. Closing in for a brief hug, he then stepped to the side and kept an arm around Mordred's shoulder. He spoke to the Veshtun protege, but faced his previous one. Looking to Naito and Kozue he answered Mordred's question. "I had juss stopped by ta have a word with yo majesties yonder. It's been quite a while, no?" He smiled at Naito specifically, "You'd vouch for my sincerity wontcha, Mordred?" The mage's name sounded different through Calypso's southern drawl, but there it pitched a more appealing tone. After he had asked that though, the snow-topped witch had interrupted. "High Priest Naito, High Priestess Kozue...we have company.." Did she just now sense that? Calypso fought back his snickers. He found the Granate mage's inability to efficiently detect manna pressures laughable. Calypso had picked up on that shortly after arriving at the coven. It only reminded him of the gap between his and this generation's power. Albeit, still skeptical he decided not to speak on it.

"We're aware. It's right outside of the rift, and that's precisely why I've come to terms with my decision." The sinister mage figured his first protege would pick up on it. He was from Calypso's generation after-all. Well, at least he was close enough to it. Yet the man's admiration for the Priest was conflicted with annoyance. He was dragging on his verdict, and Calypso's patience was wearing thin. If he hadn't started speaking up again something...explicit might have occurred. He offered an ultimatum. It wasn't what Calypso originally had in mind but he figured it was better than no deal at all. "Our only uncertainty is your trust. You can start proving it by telling us the information immediately." The man's arm slid off of Mordred's shoulder, then hung at his side. His pupils slid along the faces of all the present magi. Each one of them, all of them unverbally urged him to accept. It was evident that they were truly all working for the same goal; Granate's goal. It was a shame to see there weren't any magi like Calypso here anymore. The closest resembling one was little Decimo over there, yet he was too full of himself; what with being the High Priest and all. The voodooist knew he couldn't convince them any further, he had already won this one. With a sinister grin he spoke, "Then it's a deal. I'll tell ya'll everythang ya wanna know and more. As long as I'm seen as an ally once again... Even if it's as a mere informant." He held out his paled bony hand for a shake. Naito hesitantly took it, and finalized their deal. Calypso's sickly yellow magic streaked around their handshake before dispelling. It was an assurance of pact, and so the deal was made. Naito stepped back beside his High Priestess and nodded for Calypso to proceed. The mage cleared his throat, then began twirling his cane as he relayed the information. "My, my where should I start. I guess the reason behind the spark of this kingdom conflict would be best."

He planted the cane firmly in the ground; both his hands resting atop it. "Among the Civok military's informants, a snake was in the grass. I've foreseen a fairy. It was spreadin' political lies in both Civok and Mazien. And as if your little matinee in Temani wasn't enough, there were magi sightings all yonder Zhu soon after. But those I'm inclined ta believe ya'll were well aware of. Either way, that fae fueled the fire." He began a slow circular pace. "A secondary concern would be the numba of casualties Civok's already faced. And I do mean both in, and outside the coven. I tallied about five or six Granate magi in the past few days. Then when the Civok soldiers started droppin' I lost count. I shouldn't have ta tell ya'll this but if Civok's knocked out of this war then the kingdoms will seek dominion in our territory. At that point ya'll can consider the whole damn population ta be made into slaves." He ended his pace and shook his head a bit before letting out a sigh. "Lastly, I've had a premonition. I felt a numba of threatenin' manna pressures lurkin' in our direction. And each one of them are headin' here from either Mazien, or Zhu. In other words ya'll have near ta no allies and a handful of enemies. I've been in the dark for a very long time. But even I can see Fang's power eclipsing ya own." It was a lot to take at first. When the man was finished he remained quiet for a moment. Granate's position in this war had undoubtedly dawned on them. They were losing, and if they didn't improve they wouldn't stand a chance. "I see, well this changes an awful lot. Calypso, I thank you for your cooperation. I'm a man of my word, henceforth you will be granted visitor access within the coven. That being said, you may come with Kozue and I to further discuss our plan of action." The sinister man smiled when Naito said that. As he gestured Calypso to follow they started a pace toward the dungeons.

When they had got there, Calypso's eyes widened with pleasurable curiosity. Well, well. That makes three now. How the hell did they get their hands on three when I could only find one?! The three met up with two other Veshtuns in the dungeons. Naito and Kozue were talking about some mission in Mazien. The ominous character primarily kept his glance on the Veshtuns. They can handle a little more than regular humans. They'd make fine proteges of mine, but I wonder why one's a knight and the other's a prisoner. Oh how quickly they've fascinated me. He kept to himself until Naito shot him a glare. "Somethin' on ya mind, Decimo?" "I still don't trust you. So as an extra precaution I'm tagging you with this:" He snapped pointing to Calypso's sleeve and a lush aura materialized a set of two cuff links. The voodooist brought his sleeve to his eye view; investigating the cuff links from behind his glasses. "Those will monitor your manna, and I'll be instantly notified of any changes in it. So if you so much as threaten anyone in this coven, I will find out." The Priest added. Calypso rolled his eyes shrugging off the man's threat. "It's hardly necessary. But by all means, do as thy will." Before long the two decided to free the imprisoned Veshtun, then he, Remington and Naito set off for Mazien. As they vanished from sight Calypso gave the knight of the group a wink, "Good Luck." He wanted that one for his own in particular. Though he wouldn't entertain the thought, not yet at least. Once the group was gone an awkward silence stood between the voodooist and Stettner. He twirled his cane looking around a bit, waiting for her to break the silence. Instead her owl decided to; cracking a rather humorous remark. Calypso chucked, "You've gotta personal jester huh, Stettner? Figures, your clan always needed an audience." Glancing at the woman he saw her discolored orbs shoot daggers at him. If looks could kill, right? Still he wanted to win over her trust, and was prepared to do so by any means necessary. He started back toward the residential area. "Y'know I can help ya'll with this mission. My eye in the sky sees everythang under the sun. I thank it's high time you introduce me ta the council, no? Hell ya'll might as well hand me an aliquam while ya at it," he said with a snicker.

User Image
                                              Koko the Boss

IILovelyAmarathII

Peacock Catastrophe

company Granate magi, Kozue xxx dreadfully At House Granate xxx timely The afternoon xxx HP 100/100 xxx MP 90/100 xxx

Demonic Fatcat

10,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image

+++ ██████ Naraku Archangeli
。。。 This kitty is cursed 。。+++
+++ ───────────────────── Sidekick (Nilin's Brother)
Location⋮Granate Dungeon Cell +++Currently With⋮ Remington +++OOC⋮ I sincerely apologize for the length of this post

User Image+ HP: 100% +++User Image+ MP: 97% +++

+++ Well, that was a it annoying. The male didn't have a key so he wasn't able to make conversation on the same side of the door. It seemed a bit rude to have to talk through a door, but the feline wasn't going to blame the other Veshtun. He at least seemed genuine with his words.

+++"So, I wanted to talk to you because the last time we spoke...wasn't on good terms." So Remi was aware of things concerning their first encounter.

+++"That's pretty obvious." Naraku retorted. He hadn't meant to come off as so rude, but he had plenty of stress and energy trapped in his tiny little body. Now he was apologizing for the way he had treated Naraku, even mentioning that he thought Naraku was with these people from Fang, which would make him the enemy. Interesting. ""Please, I am only harmless because I'm a damn cat. But even if I wasn't, I had no reason to inflict any harm."

+++"Anyway, I don't remember seeing you before any of this. I'm from the Tsuru clan, what about you?" Here we go again. It was the damn topic about who was who. The younger male had already given plenty of information about himself, which was odd since he hadn't gotten much from Naraku. Why was he being to trusting? It was awhile until Naraku finally let out a deep breath.

+++"If you are so willing to give out so much about who you are, then I guess I should show some respect and do the same. But I would like anything I say to remain between you and I. I know not of what has occurred in this world and I do not wish to be seen affiliated with anything or anyone due to who I am." But Remi was willing to keep his answer a secret between them. Hopefully Naraku could trust him. "I'm from the Archangeli clan, and I've been in this form for quite some time, been in this dimension even longer."

+++"Did you say the Archangeli? As in related to Nilin Archangeli?" No doubt the short-haired man was surprised, and perhaps a little intrigued. But it was enough for the cat that Remi knew about Nilin. The new question was, how much about Nilin did Remi know? More than he did? It was starting to seem that way.

+++ "Of course I said Archengeli, why would I lie? Nilin is my younger sister. She was only an infant when I was banished to this world. It sounds as if you have seen her."

+++"Now that you mention it, I think she was one of the two I felt near me on a recent mission." That sure was a surprise to Naraku.

+++"Then you have seen her since I was brought here?!" Obviously Naraku was a little surprised at the news. After he had left her ack in Zhu, he wasn't sure what had happened to her. It was nice to hear that she was still alive and doing well. But now Remi was going into the matter about Naito and how Naraku followed him back in Zhu. He wished he didn't have to answer, but the feline had been plenty rue already. "I have no knowledge of whatever organization this place may be, but someone like me is no fool in regards to whom holds power or not. I was with Nilin in this place called Zhu when Naito appeared. After being separated from Nilin and her two buddies, I figured I would follow after him, thinking there was something important there since two different parties were fighting. I can't due much as a cat, so I just thought I would follow to receive anything I could. Whether it be information or whatever. Surely you get the point." the male responded honestly. That was when a lady appeared, an owl perched upon her shoulder. Just the sight of the bird caused the furry creature cringe from memories of his encounter a few days before. Good news though, she promised to release the cat later that evening. The female then pulled Remi aside for a brief discussion before she hurried off and Remi returned to the other side of the door to make further chit-chat with Naraku.

+++"Hey, Naraku. I'm heading on a mission to Mazien. I don't know if you know this, but Nilin Archangeli is not the same Veshtun she use to be. In fact she's the High Priestess of House Fang; our sworn enemy. I may end up seeing her, or that other Veshtun again. I don't know what'll go down when I get there, but you have my word: I will never harm a fellow Veshtun." So Remi did know more about Nilin than he did. That's what he got for not being around his younger sister for ages. Heck, Nilin was even this man's enemy. Not only his, but everyone who was in this damned place had Nilin as an enemy.

+++"All I ask of you is that, if you do see her, you are to not mention a thing about me. I am certain she is not even aware of who I am, but I do not need her to be hindered or effected in any manner by the knowledge of her older brother being held captive by her enemy." Surely that wasn't too much to ask considering that Remi had already stated the fact that he would never harm another Veshtun. Who knew how Nilin would react to know that the fuzzy cat was actually her brother was in the hands of her enemy, but Naraku didn't want to cause any trouble. What was even better was that Remi was now asking if Naraku wanted to go with him to Mazien since his High Priestess had already offered to free the cat at some point that day, While he was excited at the offer, Naraku's demeanor went serious. "If it is possible, I would very much enjoy being released and accompanying you there." He was given the chance to go and reunite with his sister. Who would deny such an offer?

+++ Unfortunetly, some more company soon arrived. It was Naito, the female again and one more male that Naraku didn't know. But he gave off a sinister air, and was almost enough to send a shiver down Naraku's back. The feline remained silent as the group talked amongst themselves about a few different things. None of it concerned the at, so he held no interest in listening to them. It even looked like the other white-haired male was about to leave before he suddenly stopped and turned, all right before he sincerely requested that Naraku be freed. Blinking in surprise, the male quickly rose to all for paws as the hefty cell door was unlocked and opened. Not wanting to risk being shut back in for some unknown reason, Naraku scurried out of the cell and followed right behind Remi and onto the transportation diagram. Finally! He was going to be able to get back to his sister.

+++ In the blink of an eye, they were in a completely different place, and the male spent a few moments to regain his composure. Transporting seemed to not go so well with the feline's heightened senses. "Before we go in, I have one last request I wish to know if you can accomplish." Naraku blurted out. Looking up at the other Veshtun and the High Priest, Naraku waited for their full attention. "If a fight ensues inside, I don't think I stand much of a chance, despite Nilin knowing this form. Do either of you hold the power to break this curse of mine and return me to my real form?"

"WHAT GREATER GIFT THAN THE LOVE OF A CAT.”

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Shy Sex Symbol

User Image

↘↘↘ The mage took a moment to turn her head to the side to check if Marcus had followed. Her blue eyes darted around the empty hallway but caught no glimpse or hint of another figure. She vaguely wondered why Marcus would trust her enough to hold the Roman Scriptures without even asking who she was or if she had the authority to do so. Was Marcus really that trusting of a complete stranger or did he have that much faith in the loyalty of a Fang mage without even being acquainted? He didn't even ask for her name! Well, she hadn't either but she grabbed that answer once Virgil passed by. Oh well. Marcus didn't seem like the brightest mage in the box no matter how bright his flames were. Shrugging, Simone kept the book open, unsure if Ashleigh needed it to be open in order for him to hang outside in the outer world. His kind gesture and manners put him over to her good side so she figured it'd be nice to have his company before returning him to High Priest Reginald. Several days ago High Priest Reginald had promised Simone that she would go along with Cress to the Zhu Kingdom to accompany Virgil on his mission. The High Priest assured her that her assistance in Zhu would be to certain and that she'd be able to go in search for her sister Estella as well. Unfortunately that never happened once the situation in Zhu turned dire and rumors and gossip spread that the elven key held prisoner in Fang escaped alongside the ogress Chi. The one who aided both prisoners from escpaing was none other than a Fang Knight, Gur - the supposed boyfriend of a sister Simone met. She never had the chance to confirm this or even believe the notion of these outrageous ideas but part of her wished she at least got the opportunity before Gur turned tail. As for Chi, well, she only hoped that blood thirsty monster would meet her maker out in Maizen. Why would Cress even assume they were friends to begin with? Everything just felt overly confusing. The mage sighed, her fingers tightening around the edges of the Roman Scriptures as she tried to gather the courage to run over to Virgil's side. ' Why...do I feel so hesitant all of a sudden? ' She voiced her frustration in her head while her eyes lingered upon Virgil's vulnerable physique in the infirmary bed. An overwhelming feeling overtook her as if fighting off the urge to take him into her arms.

"So who's the maiden with the tainted limbs?"

Ashleigh's voice cut through her conflicting thoughts. She felt the weight of the rolled paper-arm drape around her shoulder as he leaned in close to her ear to whisper the question. Curious as to who he was talking about, Simone peered around the room until her hands landed upon two females. One in the infirmary bed looking just as beaten up as Virgil while the other holding a look of concern and adoration. The mage took a minute to process the woman's face...her tainted limbs...the color of her hair...' Is that the High Priestess? I remember her face being drawn in the books and meeting papers that mom - Garnet, kept with her along with pictures of High Priest Reginald...If that's the case then perhaps I should deliver the Ashleigh to her? ' Simone turned her head towards Ashleigh's direction, whispering back to him with her cheek lightly grazing upon his paper one. She kept her voice low, not wanting to look like a complete fool if she got the woman's identity incorrect.

" I'm pretty sure she's the High Priestess, I can't be a hundred percent sure. I've never met her before. But I think you should since you hold great importance to this coven's cause. It was fun chatting with you Ashleigh."

He didn't have much of a choice at this point, her mind was already made up. She did hope that they would get to meet again sometime, so many questions of what it was like to be housed in a book came to mind. Simone winked at Ashleigh and without waiting another second she strolled passed Virgil and towards the bed with the two unfamiliar women. She bowed her head down to the two and presented Ashleigh and the cover of the book to them.

" High Priestess Nilin? My name is Simone Mesa. I've been invited to join your coven by High Priest Reginald. I believe Ashleigh should be kept by your side, or the High Priests."

Simone pointed up at the red head when she mentioned his name and smiled up at him. He had a rather tall build compared to her that required her to crane her neck upward. The mage then placed the book cover on top of the bed stand that sat next to the infirmary bed. She bowed to the other unfamiliar woman (Diana) respectfully then turned away to give them privacy. The way the woman (Diana) looked at the High Priestess reminded Simone of her own reflection whenever her blue orbs were cast down upon the other red head. Simone quietly back tracked then sprinted towards Virgil. As soon as she was an arms length away from him she slowed her pace so as to not wake him.

" If only the High Priest allowed me to go with you to Zhu then maybe you wouldn't have ended up like this. You know I always had your back, even back then. "

She chuckled lightly at the memories of the bar fights they got into or more like the bar fights they got into because some idiots thought groping her was a good idea. Simone stopped by the left side of his bed and leaned down to plant a gentle kiss on his forehead and sighed in relief, it felt so good to just be by his side. Her fingers traced over his red hair then cupped his face to steady it, her lips pressed against his and she closed her eyes to take in the moment. Gods she was happy that Zhu did not claim his life.

"Thank you for warning me about the Rift, I probably would've been so angry if you hadn't done that. Now I can properly thank you since you're here..While you were gone High Priest Reginald invited me to join your Coven, he even said I could go with you to Zhu to help you get the Roman Scriptures and to find Estella. He said my sister is there. But I never got my chance. Virgil, I just wish I was there with y- - - "

Simone's blue eyes glazed over as the image of a female entered her mind. Her hands left the warmth of Virgil's skin as her body fell into a unique trance that overtook her body. Not even uttering a good bye to Virgil, she began to walk towards the door of the infirmary from which she came. "Simone.... Hallway....... Simone......... Hallway...... Leave them...... Come......" The projected woman and voice said spoke so soothingly. When Simone snapped out of it, she was standing a few feet away from the doorway of the Infirmary, right in the middle of the hallway. Confused, she looked around and massaged her temples trying to recollect what just happened.

"Ugh, what the hell is wrong with me?"

↙↙↙

User ImageHouse Fang, Hallway inside Mt. Reine by the InfirmaryUser ImageFANGER BANGER FASHION
User ImageAshleigh, Virgil, Nilin(unfamiliar with), Diana(unfamiliar with).
User Image"Watch me take a word and turn it into magic!"User ImageHP: ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉67% xMP: ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉ 100%

Spoopy Anubutt

User Image
User Image

Wings flapped above the coven as heterochromia eyes gazed down towards the city below. Arms crossed, she scanned the area with a slow and careful gaze, Joséphine couldn`t help but flutter above the city and watch as everyone went about their daily routine. It was a pleasure to see so many people living such happy lives. It brought a soft smile to Josie`s lips to know that life here despite the drama on occasion was relatively pleasant. Taking in a deep breath of the fresh, clean air she looked up to the cloudy sky before allow her wings to drop her body, tumbling through the air she spread her wings again to catch herself as she swooped up to scan above the city at a closer distance; blonde hair billowing around her face. As she flew she contemplated what one of her good friends was doing that day, it was a simple thought to keep herself occupied as she patrolled the area. Dual coloured eyes spotted an unusual group, pausing in her flight; she watched the group curiously and let out a small sigh in quiet contemplation. Her large, red and black wings swooshing wind beneath her to keep her airborne, it would be best to turn away from the group. If it was something that she should be concerned about she would make mention of it to the other Knights before proceeding. It would be foolish to do anything alone, considering that this was a world with magical entities and anything could happen if she so happened to come face to face with a few people too many who happened to be enemies. Gritting her teeth, a few sparks of lightning danced from her shoulder and down to her hand as she left the group to their own affairs; hopefully she had not been seen. Feeling the wind rustle her hair as she returned to her habitual patrol, tucking her wings close to her body she let herself drop in altitude once more before opening them again before she reached the roofs of the buildings. Fluttering above the arches, she twisted her body, flipping forward as she used her wings to soften her landing; her small feet tapping the ground softly as she lowered her wings and dismissed them.

Walking through the gateway, the little blonde gazed around the hall, listening carefully for a familiar voice as she sensed her way to the individual in mind through her magic. Large hips swayed with every step the young woman took as she ventured through, her feet echoing in the large expanse of the building. Ahead of her she could sense a familiar magic aura as a delicate smile graced the womans lips as she stepped through the halls to see Nonie and another individual. Raising a brow, the woman who was generally quite stoic in public tilted her head curiously as to what was going on and licked her lips. The sight was a little peculiar but she was certain she would make it out if she had simply asked what was going on. Looking at the strange looking figure from a distance as it transformed itself into a hideous looking seat. The blonde fae stepped forward, a hand on her hip as she approached the Duo. Setting her Heterochromia eyes on the trouble maker she often worked with, she stepped around the young woman, placing a hand to her shoulder and gave the other knight a firm nod before stepping over to the chair and placing a hand on it. "You always seem to come up with such strange contraptions..., examining the misshapen humanoid like structure, she ran delicate fingers over the curves of the arms and could feel goosebumps rise on her skin at the simple thought of having her own body contorted in such a way. Turning her dual coloured eyes on to a gentleman who appeared to be in a form of discomfort she straightened out her form and looked up at the male with curious eyes before looking back to Nonie and raised her hand towards the man. "What happened to this gentleman here?", letting her hand drop once she had motioned to Gabryel her eyes fell to the strange creature by her side and she felt some unease rise within her once again. Josie never did like some of the strange things Nonie did, but despite that she tolerated the woman's strangeness after all she was one of the few people Josie could consider a friend. Summoning her wings, they spread around her and she gave a few gentle flutters of the red, transparent, sparkling beauties as her body slowly raised off the ground. Her body was stern as she crossed her arms and hovered before them, "I figured you should know, but I happen to spot something interesting during my rounds. .

Josie often preferred to hover when she was idle, it made her look a little more intimidating considering her size rarely ever made people take her seriously. Looking to Gabryel the blonde let out a small sigh once more, she didn't want to keep the obviously discomforted male waiting since he appeared to want to have; "I spotted some unwelcome guests beyond the walls. I figured I should inform you, since Virgil is incapacitated at this time venturing forth is not ideal. Flying a slow circle around the two, Josie gazed down at the ground in contemplation as she flew around, pausing behind Gabryel as she placed a hand to the man's shoulder, "Forgive my idling, it is rude of me to keep someone pained waiting around with my banter. We shall bring you to your quarter...". Slidding her hand away from the man, she fluttered over to Nonie's side and gazed at the woman with serious eyes. Josie knew she was probably going to fool around as opposed to taking care of the situation at hand, and perhaps Josie was worrying over nothing but she knew it would be best if they had gone together to view the suspicious activity. Taking on such a thing alone could be a dangerous task, especially if they proved to be hostile individuals. "I shall aid you, once we are finished what you are doing here. I request that you may come with me to investigate."

Shy Sex Symbol

User Image

The afternoon sun struggled to rain down light though the clouds that hovered above. Wall Erin was a sight to see with a familiar banished mage standing just behind the rift, several Granate mages remained in their positions, prepared to launch an attack on Calypso to support their High Priestess at any second. Word had already begun to spread, whispers of Calypso's appearance and the new High Priestess' critical rebuttal. Any moment now and this news would hit the high Council, news they probably didn't want to hear. So much was already going on especially with the newly declared war between the kingdoms and House Fang acquiring the second to last key. Everything was going downhill as it is and now this anomaly dubbed Calypso popped up like an unwanted zit. Kozue's purple eye and pink eye pierced through Calypso's gaze like a predator on its prey. Mana swirled around her staff, ready to release whatever spell onto Calypso if he so much as took a step forward. She could read the temptation in his eyes, the mutual dislike for one another was obvious for any dysfunctional being to read. Lis'Marie shuddered on her 'perch', this experience with Kozue reminded the old owl of the days when Kozue herself was a Knight and threw herself into a rage whenever distaste for her opponent transpired. Lis'Marie's yellow eyes exchanged from Calypso to Kozue then to Naito to Calypso and finally on Kozue. The overwhelming darkness around Calypso made the owl quiver, even question whether Kozue would be able to take on Calypso alone if the situation arose. But once a Stettner had their mind set, they would surely follow through without remorse. The High Priestess had no intention of allowing this banished mage to become a friend no matter what idiotic move High Priest Naito pulled. The darkness that had consumed Calypso during his days in Granate were forever engrained in Kozue's memory, something she took to heart and would not easily let slide no matter how much information he had to offer. Once you allow a weed to enter a tranquil garden, it will do nothing but fester and ruin all in its reach and lady Kozue knew a weed when she saw one.

If the opportunity presented itself, Kozue would grab hold of Calypso and use her divination powers to tap into his past to see what loathsome work he has been up to since his banishment. The act would certainly help her see whether it was wise or not to trust him while her gut told her what her brain already knew. However Calypso probably wouldn't be willing to be read through like a book, the man had some pride about him and arrogance that bothered her just as much as his deviating accent. Stettner wanted to emphasize that their discussions only take place outside of the Coven's walls but her speech was rendered useless once a trembling shook Wall Erin and the trees of Amarile Forest. Her eyes flicked away from the nuisance towards the edges of Amarile Forest, a large and dark mana consumed a great part of her attention. Now what? Kozue kept her staff pointed at Calypso but loosened her grip around the handle once Ember, Morded and a rather burly looking bear presented themselves on the wall. She needed to calm down, too many things were happening at once and in no way would she blow a fuse the same way Naito had earlier. Kozue drew in a deep breathe and exhaled slowly, as a result the mana around her staff dissipated and withdrew back to its source. The handsome mage she requested to go on an intel gathering mission with Ember held a look of relief in his eyes as they landed over her causing the High Priestess to blush subtly. “Mi’Lady Kozue, I’m glad that You and High Priest Natio are well. Ember and Myself thought something terrible had happened. The both of us didn’t want to risk going to our assignment just yet. We wanted to make sure you both were well. I wanted to make sure you were well especially. I am glad that you had High Priestess Kozue accompany you. At least we know that you are both safe. Did you both feel that quake in the earth?” Morded took her hand and pressed it against his chest, she could feel his heartbeat through his clothing thud against the palm of her hand. Now why can't all men be gentlemen? Naito needed to take a lesson from this one. Her blush deepened as Morded's lips grazed against her skin, it made her shiver and pray that Naito hadn't noticed. She wasn't in the mood to hear Decimo tease her at a time like this. " High Priest Naito, High Priestess Kozue...we have company.." Ember muttered as flocks of birds flew up towards the clouds. Kozue peered down Wall Erin, retreating her hand from Morded's hold to tap her chin in deep thought.

" We appreciate your concern, Morded, Ember. And yes, Ember - there's a strong mana source lingering by the trees. Whoever or whatever it may be, I can only assume that the quake it left was a warning sign. If it wants to threaten our home with earthquakes then we'll have no choice but to reply with equal force, understand you two? "

Kozue cast Morded and Ember a stern look before shifting gears toward the angered Calypso. Apparently the commotion in the forest and Kozue's steadfast speech finally pushed the banished mages buttons. "Now what the hell, goddammit?! Are ya'll gonna let me talk? Or are we playin' ********' show & tell here?! Because frankly it's lookin like the latter. And I thank it's 'bout time I gotta goddamn word in for myself." Calypso's angry tone then caught Morded's attention as he addressed the mage as "Master" and questioned his appearance at their doorstep. Kozue raised an eyebrow at Morded, wondering why he had just called Calypso, "Master". Was he a slave before? Even if he was, he was now a free man and was not forced to keep calling a master by that gross title. Slavery in Civok was an ancient part of the kingdom's culture, something not even Kozue could comprehend. But as gross as the topic of slavery was, what came out of Naito's mouth made Kozue want to hurl: "---Everything you stated was absolutely just. However.We cannot deny his axiom. Thus I've thought of an ultimatum. Calypso will deliver any significant intel, and in exchange we revoke his banishment. Albeit you will not be given membership into this coven. I utterly doubt your sincerity. And by the off chance that you actually do want to convene with Granate, you will do so as an informant at most. Kozue's right, trust must be earned. Especially so in your case. It's no secret; we're shorthanded and desperate. Calypso is an asset and considering the unfamiliar presence in Amarile, his use is unquestionable.Our only uncertainty is your trust. You can start proving it by telling us the information immediately." Kozue's hand fidgeted, tempted to smack her own forehead at Naito's response. Sure, he caught her point about trust being earned but she knew this wasn't a good idea. Calypso grinned, "Then it's a deal. I'll tell ya'll everythang ya wanna know and more. As long as I'm seen as an ally once again... Even if it's as a mere informant..". Her eyes darkened as Calypso and Naito's hands gripped together to make the deal. Utter stupidity. Calypso was banished for a reason, even the sick Lady Garnet Andradite made sure to put a seal on Calypso because she felt that threatened by him and yet here was Lady Andradite's 'lover' going on and taking in Calypso's offer. Fool, she was paired with a fool. She had no idea what the beautiful Lady Andradite had seen in him. Perhaps he was only good in the sheets. Ugh. This is why he was just a simple nerd back when they were kids, all book smarts but no street smarts. Stettner sighed, folding her arms across her chest with her staff pinned between them.

"You're in for an entertaining position as High Priestess, you sure you don't want to back out now? " Lis'Marie joked in a low voice next to Kozue's ear.

Kozue just shook her head at the owl and glared over at the remaining mages who had come earlier. " There is something in Amarile Forest just outside the Rift. Notify the coven information sector and create a back up unit for Miss Ember and Mister Morded for when they confront it. The High Priest and I will deal with this fellow before us. Go."

Kozue ordered them without so much as a flinch or waver in her voice. The mages hesitated, unwilling to leave their magesties with the banished one but eventually took their leave. Now then, Kozue turned to listen to Calypso as he began his part of the bargain. "My, my where should I start. I guess the reason behind the spark of this kingdom conflict would be best. Among the Civok military's informants, a snake was in the grass. I've foreseen a fairy. It was spreadin' political lies in both Civok and Mazien. And as if your little matinee in Temani wasn't enough, there were magi sightings all yonder Zhu soon after. But those I'm inclined ta believe ya'll were well aware of. Either way, that fae fueled the fire." Kozue's eyebrows furrowed in confusion and contemplation. Why would a fairy go out of her way to spread rumors? It made sense that the political tension arose because of Temani Village, the massacre of Zhu innocents more likely by Fang's hands. It disgusted her, how they would go to great lengths and even take away innocent lives so they could raise Arianlord. Greed, Power - it consumed Fang's coven to this atrocious point. Lis'Marie's yellow eyes narrowed in thought as well, trying to determine whether or not Calypso was telling the truth or not.

Calypso continued, this time bringing up another point," A secondary concern would be the numba of casualties Civok's already faced. And I do mean both in, and outside the coven. I tallied about five or six Granate magi in the past few days. Then when the Civok soldiers started droppin' I lost count. I shouldn't have ta tell ya'll this but if Civok's knocked out of this war then the kingdoms will seek dominion in our territory. At that point ya'll can consider the whole damn population ta be made into slaves. Lastly, I've had a premonition. I felt a numba of threatenin' manna pressures lurkin' in our direction. And each one of them are headin' here from either Mazien, or Zhu. In other words ya'll have near ta no allies and a handful of enemies. I've been in the dark for a very long time. But even I can see Fang's power eclipsing ya own." Kozue could feel her blood pressure shooting up, no duh Fang's power had become overwhelming! Maybe if one of their own Knights and their High Priest hadn't taken a ' vacation ' away from their Coven then things would be more in order. But no use in pointing fingers, past is past and she had to work with what she got for now. Hopefully Morded and Ember would be able to get more information on their trip to the capitol - at least she could trust the credibility of their intel rather than Calypso's.

A look in Naito's eyes caused great concern at the pit of Kozue's stomach. ' Oh to the heavens up above, don't say anything dumb again Decimo or I swear I'll shave off that facial hair of yours--- ' The moment of reckoning, Decimo offered Calypso to enter their home after Kozue had spent a good while explaining how she didn't want the banished mage to even set foot on their sacred soil: "I see, well this changes an awful lot. Calypso, I thank you for your cooperation. I'm a man of my word, henceforth you will be granted visitor access within the coven. That being said, you may come with Kozue and I to further discuss our plan of action." Kozue gritted her teeth, she hated being undermined especially from this dim wit. Lis'Marie cast Kozue a weary look and the two exchanged knowing expressions. Naito motioned for the three of them to walk, wanting to discuss matters inside their coven. As they were leaving, Morded bowed respectfully and made eye contact with each of them. The High Priestess gave Morded a gentle smile and even managed to pat Ember on the shoulder before following Naito and Calypso. Inside of the residential area, eyes from passerbys targeted the High Priest, High Priestess and banished mage. Calypso had been popular within the Coven all those years ago, even earning the rank of Knight at one point and respected by all. Whispers and gossip rose but Kozue paid careful attention to Naito, "We'll stay vigilant on the newly unidentified presence in Amarile. Also given the political sphere of things you were right to send those two to central Civok. They'll do well making their way through the hostile zones. As for the motion of sending Remington to assist in Mazien, I concur: With the exception that I accompany him there. If Calypso's information was right there's a chance this mission could fail. I don't a want a repeat of the events in Zhu. Therefore I myself will assure our succession and return." Lis'Marie hooted in laughter at Naito's last comment but left no sarcastic comment. Kozue merely glared at Naito, ignoring Calypso as they walked through the streets of Granate's residential town.

" You're going to Maizen? Because you're presence in Zhu was really successful. Not like one of our own died, poor Sabriel was so young. And what about those Temani villagers? But if you really think that going to Maizen is the best option for the coven then so be it. I would advise you to trust in the party we've already sent, two Knights plus a seasoned Cervantes mage helping the fresh Knight should work out just fine. But what would I know? I just got this job a couple days ago. Do what you think is right then, Decimo."

Once within the dark embrace of the dungeons, Remington addressed them and questioned who the new comer was. Oh how Kozue hated the fact Calypso was stepping through their Coven, what a slap in the face and betrayal to Lady Andradite if she ever woke up. Naito introduced Calypso Mori to Remington and then confirmed his task to join the Maizen team. He then cast a spell to create two lock-shaped cuff-links on Calypso's sleeve. Kozue rolled her eyes and pointed her staff at Calypso's sleeve.

" So what if this thing informs you of his mischevious ways? What is that going to do? You'll be in Maizen anyway. Here. "
                  The staff glowed a brilliant purple hue, lighting up the dungeon in its light as it zapped into the lock Naito made. Arcane magic came to her as easily as any type she had learned over the ninety plus years she had walked through Vangare. " Now it will notify me if your manna changes as well. " The purple glow lessened before finally disappearing, leaving the group with the dull lighting of the torches and crystals around the dungeon.

Before Naito and Remington could leave with the transportation diagram, Remington requested to have the cat, Naraku, released. Kozue nodded but was hesitant to agree for the prisoner to leave with them. Why would they allow an ex-prisoner to join them on a crucial mission so critical to Vangare's fate? Never the less, she trusted in Remington's instincts and would have to ask why he made such a request upon his return. Time was of the essence and she knew that the Knight wanted to leave to Maizen as soon as possible. She had seen the Knight grow up with the younger mage, the Mesa girl was surely a handful but she got along well with Remington in a way that reminded her of two close siblings.

" Good luck you three, and I shall pray for your swift and safe return High Priest Naito and Knight Remington. "

Kozue nodded at Naito and Remington as they stepped into the diagram, a bright light flashed and they were gone. Lis'Marie sighed and glared over at Calypso. "Great. So Decimo invites the village idiot to return to our home and now leaves you to clean up his mess. Either he has a lot of faith in you Lady Stettner or he wants your early funeral. You wouldn't be the first High Priestess in his life to pass out." Kozue sighed deeply at the vague truth in the owl's pickings.

"You've gotta personal jester huh, Stettner? Figures, your clan always needed an audience."

" Tread lightly, Mori. You're only here because the High Priest has a loose screw in that head of his."

The two walked out of the dungeons and into the residential town once more. Kozue walked carefully side by side with Calypso and lead him back towards the three walls when he spoke up, "Y'know I can help ya'll with this mission. My eye in the sky sees everythang under the sun. I thank it's high time you introduce me ta the council, no? Hell ya'll might as well hand me an aliquam while ya at it." Kozue chuckled, his effort to get back on her good side was valiant indeed. Back when he took Naito as his protégé, Calypso was able to make everyone laugh and smile at his antics. A smooth talker and great people person. But those were days long past and he became more of a liability than an asset to the coven, endangering them all with his dabblings and curiosities.

" I promised the High Priest that I'd inform them of what information you've given us. But remember, you're just an informant. I trust you recall what I said on the wall, right? That wouldn't step foot on our sacred soil? Well that obviously went through the window but the High Priest is gone now and you have to deal with me. "

Kozue's staff and Calypso's cane tapped along the path as Lis'Marie remained quiet for once, interested in observing their interaction. " You aren't a coven member, therefore you aren't allowed to sleep or stay in our grounds no longer than necessary. Since you've already given all the information you got, then you might as well scurry off and make yourself useful and retrieve more information. If you keep up the good work, then maybe I'll consider scribbling you in with an audience with the Council - again, if necessary."

Kozue lead him through the gates of wall Kretch and stopped by the gate of wall Erin. "You haven't earned our trust yet so work for it and get more intel as an informant, and ally to House Granate."

tab tab LOCATION: Wall Erin to Dungeon to Wall Erin 』『COMPANY: Naraku, Remington, Morded, Ember, Naito, Calypso
    ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
    xHEALTH ( HP )CE: ██████████ 10/10 tab MAGIC ( M P )TANCE: ██████████ 10/10

User Image

Okami Wolfen's Buttercup

Shirtless Prophet

User Image
User Image

Standing farther away from the small crowd Mikahail watched as Wei’s coffin was lowered into the freshly dug earth, the rectangular box creaking as it made its way down thanks to the pulley system. Wei was the last Enforcer buried for the day. The other two open graves of the other Enforcers sat on either side of his friend’s grave. Not once did he think Wei would die before him. He expected his friend to be in his position. Having to watch the coffin be placed inside the grave only filled his chest with sadness. And anger. Mikahail clenched his hands, his arms shaking from the sudden need to punch a tree or set it aflame. His servant, Kuklo, and bodyguard, Rei, stood a few feet away behind him, out of arms reach. Could they see the anger emanate from his body? It didn’t matter. He would rather let it free than build up to burst later on. One thought stood out amongst the rest in his jumbled mind. He wanted revenge. And the only way to fulfill this ambition was to leave Zhu and enter either Mazien or Civok to annihilate the covens. He sounded like a mad man, but it didn’t matter to him. The time to stand aside was over.

~~~

His head throbbed to a consistent beat. Moaning, Mikahail sat up, cradling his head in his hand. Up until a moment ago everything was a blur. He remembered threatening his savior – if he could call him that – and the man simply laughed before groping Mikahail’s butt. The action revolted him enough to shove himself away from the pervert. But his head struck something once the pervert released him. What had happened after that? “Priest!” The shout echoed in the sewers, causing Mikahail to realize he was waist deep in sewage water and who knows what. He felt dizzy when he stood but he managed despite his legs wobbling underneath him. Pressing his fingers against the back of his head he felt a cut near the base of his neck; the wound had started to knit itself together. Slowly, not as fast as before thanks to the incense in the sewers from above. The scent was faint but he could smell it and it added onto the dizziness. A group of three Enforcers appeared in front of him. Another placed his hands on Mikahail to keep him steady.

“Priest! Are you all right?” Mikahail merely nodded as he focused on the faces in front of him. He couldn’t make out their features. Grimacing, he asked, “Did you catch the intruders?” Instead of answering right away the group glanced at each other before giving the news of what had happened. The intruders escaped with the prisoners. One Enforcer, Whisper, was missing, and at least three Enforcers were declared dead. Including Wei. “We did catch a woman farther in the sewers. She’s being brought to one of the cells as -” “Where is she?” “Priest?” “Where is this woman now?!” Mikahail shouted, shaking off the Enforcer holding him up. Step by step he moved farther down the sewers until he felt hands grabbing his shoulders and pushing him in the right direction. They took a small detour that led into the dungeons. Mikahail stumbled slightly most of the way, finally regaining a straight posture. He appeared passive throughout the next few minutes. Until they arrived in front of the cell containing the newly captive witch. Through the bars he could see the white haired woman in a heap. She looked familiar. He turned to glare at the small group of Enforcers. “Move as far away from here as you can.”

The group gaped at him, some even moving forward in protest. “Don’t argue! Now do as I say and let me do my job!” With that he entered the cell, slamming the door shut behind him. Someone was smart enough to light an incense inside this cell. It wouldn’t be necessary. He smothered the lit end of the incense; he stood close to the crumpled form, his face a blank. He did know who she was. Eira Andromedus, the ice witch he sent Dartum after. So the assassin failed. Granate invaded Zhu after all. “Wake up,” he demanded, nudging the witch with his foot. As much as he hated touching women, he didn’t have time to be squeamish. She didn’t move. All he heard was a small groan. Gritting his teeth Mikahail kicked again, placing more force into the kick. The yelp echoed inside the cell. “Stand up.” Eira moved back until Mikahail reached down, grabbing her by the collar of her cloak and yanking her up until she faced him. He only had one question to ask. “Did you kill those Enforcers?” He snarled as he tightened his grip.

“N-No! It wasn’t me, I swear it!” Shrieked Eira. She clawed at his hands in an attempt to get away, even managing to grab onto his wrist. Ice shot up his arm. He dropped her in order to keep the ice from engulfing his body. He knew she controlled ice but he didn’t expect her to be able to use it so quickly. The fact she denied killing Wei and the others only angered him more. The witch backed herself into a corner. “We were only sent after the key to take them back. No one was supposed to get hurt, let alone die! Please, believe me!” In the midst of her rambling Mikahail slipped off a glove. Standing above her, he glared down. He refused to show emotion. “There’s no need. You won’t be leaving here alive.” Placing his hand on her head, he gave a small smile before saying one word, the last one Eira would hear before having her life and magic ripped from her body.

“Die.”

~~~

“-ster? Master, are you alright?” Mikahail turned towards Kuklo’s voice. His servant stood next to him, his hand placed on Mikahail’s shoulder. The graves had been filled. The only people left in the cemetery were himself, Kuklo, and Rei. Sometime during his reminiscence he moved closer to the center grave, Wei’s final resting place. His friend’s family had died long ago, leaving no one to mourn for him, except for Mikahail and their fellow Enforcers. Mikahail had offered the wake to take place in his home, a place he rarely used since he was always at the castle. A home that would probably be given to someone else after executing his plan. Kuklo called for him again. Mikahail hesitated for a brief second, shrugging off Kuklo’s hand and walking away from the graves. “I’m fine. Let’s go back to the castle. We need to report to King Seve of our leave.” Rei fell into step next to Mikahail with Kuklo following along. “Our leave? As in leaving Symnetes?” Stopping at the entrance to the city cemetery, Mikahail glanced up at the sky. It had rained two days ago. Now the skies were clear, only a few clouds roaming above.

He chuckled. “Not just Symnetes. We’re leaving Zhu altogether. I’m not exactly sure which one we’ll go to first but it doesn’t matter. Not anymore. As long as they’re gone anything sounds good.” Mikahail turned around to watch his subordinate’s reactions. “We are going to destroy both of the ruling covens. And if possible, destroy magic itself.”

OOC: Mika post is uuuuup! I hope it's alright with y'all but if not just let me know.

Symnetes Graveyard Rei and Kuklo Resolved I See Fire - Ed Sheeran

Kawaii Werewolf

User Image

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭

Reckless and weary,
The truth has been buried,
Held down by the hand,
That refuses to carry.
The burden you built,
The lies, do you hear me?
The insult, the white flag,
You refuse to carry.

Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO

" We appreciate your concern, Morded, Ember. And yes, Ember - there's a strong mana source lingering by the trees. Whoever or whatever it may be, I can only assume that the quake it left was a warning sign. If it wants to threaten our home with earthquakes then we'll have no choice but to reply with equal force, understand you two? " High Priestess Kozue had said to the two young magi. At least they are known about the thing that was just outside the rift. That earthquake was just off, and Ember really had a bad feeling with whatever it was that caused it. She continued to just stand there and listen. She was sure Mordred would explain to her later why he called this stranger "Master". But she took in all the information that he had to share. She did need to learn about her new partner, and hopefully they could both work well together in combat. While she listened intently to the conversation, she stuck her staff into the ground next to her. "My, my where should I start. I guess the reason behind the spark of this kingdom conflict would be best. Among the Civok military's informants, a snake was in the grass. I've foreseen a fairy. It was spreadin' political lies in both Civok and Mazien. And as if your little matinee in Temani wasn't enough, there were magi sightings all yonder Zhu soon after. But those I'm inclined ta believe ya'll were well aware of. Either way, that fae fueled the fire." The stranger had mentioned, she would do her best and remember his intel. " A secondary concern would be the numba of casualties Civok's already faced. And I do mean both in, and outside the coven. I tallied about five or six Granate magi in the past few days. Then when the Civok soldiers started droppin' I lost count. I shouldn't have ta tell ya'll this but if Civok's knocked out of this war then the kingdoms will seek dominion in our territory. At that point ya'll can consider the whole damn population ta be made into slaves. Lastly, I've had a premonition. I felt a numba of threatenin' manna pressures lurkin' in our direction. And each one of them are headin' here from either Mazien, or Zhu. In other words ya'll have near ta no allies and a handful of enemies. I've been in the dark for a very long time. But even I can see Fang's power eclipsing ya own." She wasn't happy about that, her fists clenched together.

The Fang only needed one more key, and then Airanlord would be awaken. What she still didn't know was why they wanted their purpose to awaken the ancient legend. Naito would allow this stranger to go into the Coven, as he had information about Civok and the other two kingdoms. After a moment later, she felt Kozue's hand upon her shoulder, with a gentle smile, she nodded slightly to her High Priestess. Before the three of them left towards the Coven's main HQ. Her head turned as the three went in that direction. Then back towards Mordred as he spoke to her. “Lady Ember, Will you show me the way of the company we have before us. I have a feeling like mere guards won’t handle the situation. We shall put this in our own hand investigate the situation. If anything High Priest Naito said it was around the Rift of Wall Erin.” With a small nod she pointed in the direction that it came from. "It came from the west. There is hardly any animal life, or nature life around the area. So whatever it was, spooked the animals, and killed the nature around it." She said and looked towards Mordred. He seemed to have nodded and she felt his calm demeanor change to mischievous.

“Lady Ember. Your bear was beautifully massive and powerful being….why did he have to go!!!” He had seemed to whine. Ember wasn't fond of controlling over large beasts for too long. The bear had other business and she wouldn't keep it any longer if it wasn't needed. She grabbed her staff and pulled it from the soft earth as he walked around the balcony of the wall. She felt him give a small wave in her direction and then said, "See you at the bottom." She gave a smirk, so he wanted to race? Well she supposed she could try. Though with his ability to turn water into ice, it seemed a bit unfair. She jumped onto the railing of the stairs and ran down it. She was sort of known for her speed within the Coven, so she had been able to catch up to him and run along side him. He managed to reach the bottom first as as she jumped and flipped off the railing. Landed her bare feet onto the soft earth. Once she stood up, staff in hand, she began to walk towards the direction where the rift was in the wall. "That was fun, we should do that again sometime. But now for seriousness. Whatever is waiting for us at the rift...we should be on high guard." She said her grip on her staff got tighter, she was actually afraid with what she would come into contact with just outside the wall. Whatever it was, she had to be strong and show no fear.

Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO

I'm letting you go,
And all that you showed me.
I'm letting you know,
That you don't control me.
The feeling is cold,
And life is unfolding.
Reckless and weary,
I'm desperately holding on.

Erase My Scars :: Evans Blue.

Mood:: Interested -> Wtf?
With:: Kozue, Naito, Mordred, and Calypso -> Mordred, and unknown presence.
Hp:: 100/100%
Mana:: 60/100%

Hope that was a good post...I really had no idea what to think of XD

Lady Tarien's Waifu

Divine Heckler

17,100 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
User Image
Gabryel sighed at Luna’s attempt at being reassuring that was more or less an endorsement of the fact that he was beyond useless on their journey. She was correct, but that didn’t mean he enjoyed hearing it. “It was a situation where I could have talked my way out far better than ‘magicked,’ for lack of a more appropriate term. But that would have taken time and no one wants to hear the words of a soulless warlock in those parts. Besides, Mr. Personality’s hatred bordered on pathological. It was all I could do to use what little power I possess.” Which wasn’t entirely fair. Gabryel held a fair bit of power if one was simply talking about magic potential, but he couldn’t really say it counted if he couldn’t use it to do anything remotely useful when the time came.

“That is quite enough of feeling sorry for myself. If I take to brooding then my only redeeming feature will fall by the wayside,” he began, now prepared to close off the topic for good. He could question his place in Fang in private as Luna would not be the best party in which confide those particular thoughts. Her mercurial nature meant that he didn’t dare trust her with certain types of secrets just because there was always the chance she might say something out of curiosity that would give him away.

Thankfully, Luna changed the subject back to his legs, which were a far safer realm of discussion. He narrowed his eyes playfully, but spared a momentary glance at said legs before he responded, “That was the point, dear. Ownership of my legs includes the skin on them. Fond as I am of you, it doesn’t mean I enjoy the idea of you carting around my face in your bag and bringing it out to remember old times.” There was a reason why his standing order to the healing mages was to completely burn his remains if he ever died. “Though I give you permission to carry around my skull if you’d like. I am not completely devoid of humor, after all.”

Then, in an incredibly Luna-like fashion, she moved immediately from talk of death to that of love. Her words on the subject did make him laugh; a moment in stark contrast to his mental image of her caressing his flayed skin. Gabryel tried to keep it as low-key as possible with how badly his ribs still ached. He held his arms close to his body to support his center as he laughed without stopping for a good half minute or so. The relief he had been feeling in the past few minutes was so oddly sweet that he almost wanted to cry and Luna’s last words had made him realize it. He wiped his dry eyes nonetheless and finally answered her with a pat on the shoulder, “Of course love is irrational, that is precisely why you cannot control it. You may have just cursed yourself by making such an absolute statement,” He broke off to chuckle again, but got back on track more quickly this time, “Honestly, Luna. You may be able to control your actions, but you can’t help falling in love. But to hear those words from you, I suppose this is one area where I am far more experienced than you. Though if you’re anything like me, you’ll be very vexed in love.”

But she had changed the topic again and used the flesh she’d gathered in her hand to make something appear in reality. Luna’s kindness could easily be mistaken for a nightmare, but Gabryel was so used to expecting the bizarre and macabre from her that the only reaction he could muster upon witnessing the truly unspeakable horror she summoned up to help him along was a smile. Not really a happy smile, mind, but the sort of grimace that was the very definition of the adage grin and bear it.

“I suppose if I were worried about my reputation or avoiding looking undignified, I would never have taken a single step out of my room,” he muttered to himself with a slight raise of his shoulder as if a half-shrug was the best response he could muster.

He was prepared to sit, and steeled himself for the strange experience of riding the thoughtful, almost sweet humanoid monstrosity that his companion had dreamed up, but he was interrupted by the appearance of one of the Fang Knights. Joséphine Carinthia, a fully established Knight and one he’d managed to escape the notice of because of…well, because he was himself. He knew nothing about her personally, save the airy taste of a geranium as she zipped around on patrol. He envied her wings though, not because he ever wanted to fly, because he doubted he’d ever get as lost if he could see the world from above.

She bravely ran her fingers over his impromptu chariot and then asked of his condition. Gabryel immediately stepped in verbally as he didn’t want to imagine how Luna would summarize what he’d been through (even if he could), “I am an unfortunate survivor of the team sent to Zhu some time ago. I am certain you can imagine the type of treatment a pair of mages would receive in Zhu’s nauseating capital.”

That was really all he had time to say as Joséphine took once more to the air and hovered and zipped around impatiently while she relayed that she’d apparently seen suspicious people on the grounds. With the rate things had been going wrong, Gabryel couldn’t say he was at all surprised.“The likelihood that they are mages is high if someone of your caliber sees the need to report it. First a Granate witch of seemingly little note is brought into the fold and now there are suspicious mages roaming the grounds when the human and elven nations are, by what I saw on the way here, on the verge of war? All the more reason to investigate, I’d say. I shall be fine on my own, Luna. You should go with Joséphine.”

For once, he almost wanted to go. Seeking out strange mages was fairly easy for Gabryel if he wasn’t surrounded by too many of them. Assuming they were attempting to move surreptitiously, he could find them by taste if there was anything remarkable about their group. But he doubted Luna remembered that about him and Joséphine would have no way of knowing. It wasn’t something he much liked to talk about.

User Image

Mood: Pensive

Company: Fang Coven members, particularly Luna and Joséphine.

▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶ hp

◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀ mp

OOC: Gabby wants to go, but he's pretty close to falling over XD!

Wailing Lunatic

User Image

Vexed by love.

Just the thought of Gabryel's words brought an all too natural roll to No Name's eyes, maybe he was right, maybe if the love bug managed to tap it's way into her heart, she would be helpless to fend off the emotion. Maybe.

But she didn't see it, No Name had never had much control over her life.....or at least she wasn't sure if she did, with the whole amnesia thing. But she did have a firm grasp on her emotions, and while she may seem like a maniac, (Mostly because she was) she was so by her own choosing. There was no way in hell that she, The Great and Magnificent No Name, was going to let something like pesky emotion run her.

What was she doing again?

Oh Yea, escorting Gabby.

The prince in question was taking his time mounting his carriage, seeming to be trying to suck up whatever apprehension this ride was presenting him. He clearly wasn't enjoying himself, his expression resembled that of someone who had bitten into a lemon and was trying to hide just how sour the fruit really was. No Name had to shake her head at that, and would have spared a laugh had Gabby not taken a moment to hint at his dignity taking a negative hit by seating himself on her creation..

No Name was offended and so was Manny, the creature she had conjured, how dare he mock her kindness? No Name shook her head in disapproval and Manny turned it's featureless face towards Gabby and did the same.
"GABBY! That's rude, and inconsiderate of Manny here, he just wants to help and your comments are unnecessary" No Name scolded, with a bit of a grin starting to touch her features. "It's not his fault he's come out like that, he was just meant to fit the bill not impress you. I admit I used a bit of poorly procured material to create him." At that Manny turned towards her clearly appalled by her confession so No Name felt she had to elucidate. "Ok look, the flesh I used to create you was, plundered by amateurs, whoever gathered it for me didn't take enough care and err...well there was some strands of fat still attached, sooo it was basically unusable." No Name admitted scratching the back of her head and finding a way to look sheepish "But look on the bright side, from that unusable hunk of flesh, I was able to create you! Sure you're absolutely terrifying! But at least you exist!" No Name said with a bit of a cheer, and since her creation was much like herself, and needed little too fill it with quite frankly irresponsible amounts of enthusiasm, it was back to standing on it's four "legs" proudly, as it eased up against Gabby preparing itself for him to mount once more.

"Atta boy"

No Name was going to insist that Gabby sit his a** down so that they could get moving, but she never got the chance, she felt a pixie hand placed on her shoulder, as Josephine, or "Josie" as No Name liked to call her, another one of her close friends in the Coven made her appearance. No Name wasn't surprised to see her really, she had felt her approach a little ways off, but that still didn't mean she wasn't delighted to see the woman as she spared No Name a nod, before moving over to Manny. No Name's eyes rolled a bit at that nod, Josie always tried to be so nonchalant about everything, always trying to be so cool. No Name knew the truth, Josie could become just as flustered as anyone else once you got under her skin a bit....and No Name loved getting under her skin.

She ignored the Fae's words about Manny, though the creation bristled at her in clear misappropriation, No Name did react however when Josie informed her of a a possible invasion on the horizon, of course No Name's response was just a shrug, because to be completely honest she wasn't to worried.
"Sounds like grunt work too me Josie baby, and as I'm sure you've heard, I've been promoted, that sort of task is below me."
No Name said royally, it was clear that she wasn't entirely serious, but one thing that she was indeed serious about was not wanting to do the task, work wasn't something that No Name enjoyed. Not at all.

But it seemed Josie was committed to handling this issue personally and with her help, but at least she was being kind enough to help escort Gabby back to his quarters before dragging her away, great No Name could use that time to stall and......nope. Gabby was being proactive and wanted to walk back by himself, No Name let out a small groan. She was going to complain find some way to avoid doing this work before she had a brilliant idea.
"We could bring Gabyrel with us, he has a ability that allows him to track down other users of magic and it would make our job alot easier." No Name said persuasively, stepping a bit closer to Josie before speaking again. "Unless of course you just want this mission to be just the two of us, because if you wanted a little bit of alone time," No Name spoke flirtatiously before slipping behind the smaller woman, and wrapping her arms around her, careful of her still flapping wings, and very mindful of the woman's breast which she took the liberty of gripping. "All you had to do was ask"

Comatose_Angel's Partner In Crime

Divine Protagonist

12,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image

User Image

When siding down He could feel her presence catching up to him. In enjoyment he grinned pleasantly. His eyes met her feet and saw how fast she had caught up on the railing of the stairs. ‘Amazing. For someone that is blind, she certainly not clumsy.’He watched her arrive at the bottom . Chuckling deeply he said
                                                    “Indeed that was fun, but the real fun begins now.”
                                                    His Demeanor changed to back to serious. For the first time in a while Mordred became the Lieutenant Colonel that he once was. Just his presence alone became overwhelming.‘ We have to do something about that creature. I will not let him harm my territory.’ He thought being as protective as the High Priest himself. He was becoming very power hungry and felt the need to standout.

He was clinching on his sword. His eyes became focused to the west side of Wall Erin. Violet orbs illuminated with blue-violet manna. A massive amount of waves of blue-violet manna was focused on his sword. From the sheathe down ice started to form around it. Most people would have their hands pink of from contact of the ice. Mordred’s pace changed from a slow sluggish walk to a fast pace jog.

They began to reach entrance of the forest while they were heading to the west side of the rift. Entering the forest he looked back making sure he wasn’t walking too far ahead from Ember. Mordred waited for her to catch up. When she caught up he decided to discuss his daring plan. His commanding tone he had told her his plan.

“Who or Whatever our unfamiliar friend is. I don’t want you going anywhere near him. I refuse to lose a comrade. I want you to keep a distance away from myself and our “friend”. I will give you a signal. As your leader, ask that you trust me. I’m sure a magi unit followed us to capture this unfamiliar creature. Convincing this creature to become an ally, rather than having him imprisoned is what I’m looking for. You ring my Alquierm if and when the magi reach our location.”

Mordred patted Ember on the shoulder and made a dash through the trees. About ten meters later He reached the west side of the rift. He hid himself in a bush and his violet eyes met the creature. The creature stood like a giant. Mordred could feel the creature’s life draining presence. It felt like death was slowly surrounding him. His breathing became uneasy. His heart was pounding and his adrenaline was rushing through the roof. All these thing though didn’t stop him. Instead this brought him back to his original animal like self. Secretly, Mordred flourished in taking down his enemies. Arousal was a better word for it. He lived for the pleasure of fighting.

He knelt down on the ground placed his left hand on the dew covered grass. His left hand was sapping the water from grass and in his right hand he began cupping it in. Until a water-filled sphere was enlaced in his hands. The sphere was molded into plasma. The plasma like substance than turned into a figure in which he woven from his hands. A single doppelganger of himself appeared and with his hands he tied threads of manna around it. His doppelganger became the puppet and he the puppeteer. He stood up in fixed concentration.

‘ This must work.’
                                                    Mordred’s hands moved in a cycle of rapid hand movements. The doppelganger pulled out his icy covered blade and rushed the creature in a zigzag charge. The doppelganger grabbed on to the creature’s throat with one hand and the sword aimed for his neck in another. Words roared in the doppelganger's voice “ A worthy opponent. Come at me. I want to feel your power!!!”

HP: 100 MP: 75 Location: West of the Rift Mood: Commanding With: Ember, Jacht Outfit : Trainning outfit Hairstyle : Tied back

User Image

User Image

Okami_Lone_Wolf

Peacock Catastrophe

Lady Tarien's Waifu

Divine Heckler

17,100 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
User Image
User Image
User Image

Larus had to give the young knight credit, he was rather quick on the uptake. Only a few short words had taken him from tense and anticipating a hard fight to the very picture of an invigorated leader on the outset of a mission that finally seemed possible. Larus’ lips quirked upward slightly in response as he definitely saw humor in the sudden change of pace. He took a step back as the knight prepared his group for battle as his orders would have little to do with the mission Larus and his two companions would be undertaking. Still, it was encouraging to see Ulrick in such an inspiring mood. Something about the past few days had birthed in him renewed vigor unlike anything Larus had seen of him in recent months. He’d honestly been too busy to do usual watching, but it had something to do with the lady dragon.

Just as his thoughts and gaze turned to her, the young-seeming woman was before him. He wondered how anyone had ever thought of her as an ordinary human. It wasn’t that she looked abnormal or necessarily felt so. Larus wasn’t an expert on magical auras and so couldn’t say one way or the other. But there was something in her eyes and her words that held unnatural knowledge in it that let him know she was anything but unremarkable. It definitely showed in how he acted toward her. Though Larus was generally polite and distant to others, his words and actions in Tarien's presence were the product of genuine respect for her dragon status. He never thought he’d so much as glimpse one of the creatures in his lifetime, let alone be in close quarters with such a powerful entity for well over two days.

But she apparently needed to give him something, for she held out her hands and he briefly caught a glimpse of an obsidian, rounded shape before he naturally brought his up to mirror her movement and accept it. It was cold, but what he thought must have been hard and smooth was soft and pulsed with life. In a blink, the shell cracked and out came a majestic avian creature. It unfurled and stretched up toward the sky as tendrils of shadow fully coalesced into its graceful form.

Then it brought its head around and the intelligent eyes of the bird bore directly into his own. Larus was shocked, but his gaze didn’t waver. He knew that there was some meaning to this. He’d been told once by someone too poetic for their own good (and more than a little silly, in his opinion) that his own were like the ocean – endless pools of cerulean that threatened to engulf whatever happened to catch his fancy. they'd said that why it was good that Larus so rarely ever became attached to things. His own brother had, of course, said that was nonsense; they were more like a sapphire – multi-faceted and capable of filtering light into luminous patterns, but not nearly as deep as they appeared. He wondered which the bird saw. Larus narrowed them slowly just as the shadow bird’s own shined more brightly with recognition before she curiously inclined her head in his direction and rubbed her beak against his cheek.

This time his smile was more pronounced he saw the full breadth of intelligence in this strange new companion. The lady dragon wouldn’t have gifted him something entirely worthless and Larus could already see her usefulness. Her feathers rested against the sheer black of his sleeve so seamlessly that she seemed to fade out of existence where they came into contact. It indicated that she would be able to do the same no matter where he went. Truth be told, he liked birds. They reminded him of something warm and unnameable that he most certainly would not be devoting precious time to remembering here, especially with so many eyes upon him.

The bird spread her wings gracefully, taking her first flight with the same fluidity that she’d expressed the moment of her birth and immediately landed on Larus’ shoulder. He gave his new avian companion one more lingering look of consideration before the Granate mage turned his attention to the dragon who had given her life.

“Thank you, Lady Tarien. I don’t know what inspired you to grant me such a gift, but I will take good care of her.” the words rolled off his tongue easily enough, but it still felt odd to be thanking someone. He usually didn’t get involved with others on a personal level to the point where he felt the need to show heartfelt gratitude. It was unusual, but he didn’t entirely dislike the feeling. He realized then that his smile had still lingered and Larus’ face immediately went blank; only a slight widening of his eyes showed that he’d shocked himself before he was back to normal.

Nova, for his part, looked as though he’d glimpsed a phantom – in the metaphorical sense this time (his expression rarely changed when he saw a real one) – which was part of the reason why Larus had even thought to check his own expression. There was something incredibly amusing about the shock and awe on the young man’s face. His mouth was slightly ajar and his good eye was open so far that it seemed ready to come out of his head entirely to join the one he’d lost. At least he was more animated today than he’d been since they’d arrived. It was good. He would need the energy for the great task ahead.

User Image

He could hear his heartbeat, even among the loud voices of the dead and the clamor of the living. It should have frightened him (what didn’t?), but Nova actually found it calming. The steady thumping of his pulse gave him equilibrium and made him more aware of his physical state. When it sped up for any reason – the glimpse of a spirit just out of the corner of his eye, every time Ulrick called him back to discuss the mission with steely determination on his face – he could close his eyes and breathe in and out, in and out, until it calmed again.

Being relieved of his responsibilities as leader of the Granate team had gone a long way toward building his confidence in being able to complete this mission. Nova was no leader, and he still balked at the prospect of being thought of as such. It was to the point he was considering resigning his new position as Knight – which would be an entirely new sort of honor for the Cervantes clan as he would be the first in his family’s (and the coven’s) history to quit being a Knight in less than a week if he decided to pursue it.

The only thing that gave him pause was what Larus would say if he so much as thought of quitting in any visible way. He suspected that the other man already knew. He knew everything and it was all Nova could do not to shriek at the people he’d met who treated the man as though he were just some nonthreatening, polite figurehead for one of the older Granate families. Oddly enough, he was starting to doubt himself about even that. Nova couldn’t recall how long it had been since he’d been around his father for more than a few minutes at a time, but the past few days hadn’t been nearly as terrifying as he’d always expected or remembered about interactions with the older Cervantes.

But then, there was Valdis to contend with and she’d been unusually quiet these past few days. The tinge to his vision was hazy at best as she was clearly thinking over the presence of the Lady Dragon in their midst. He never thought of her ability to make people more or less menacing with her visual input, but…now wasn’t the time to really think about all that, was it? He could really only be ashamed of how he acted and what he had left hanging in the time since he’d come to Fang’s territory. For one, there was Silence. He’d wanted to thank her for her support and her attempt to calm him when things went white and loud with panic upon being transported here, but he couldn’t even bring himself to approach her. She looked so lonely but still working so hard and it had inspired him to try as well. Perhaps he would have more success actually saying the words once this whole ordeal was over.

He blinked as he felt a slight pressure against the side of his head. Nova turned to the right to find Larus had managed to sidle up behind him and, without warning, the odd, black bird that Lady Tarien had given him was stroking its ebony feathers against the side of his head to gently break him out of his own circuitous thoughts. He watched it curiously and before he realized it, Nova reached out a hand to run the barest hint of fingertip over its wings. It was like touching smoke. He pressed his lips together and brought his slightly elevated pulse back under control.

“She’s beautiful…” he managed. Larus briefly averted his eyes as if he needed to carefully consider his answer before he spoke.

“Yes. I am unsure why Lady Tarien elected to give me such a thing, but she will definitely be useful on this mission. But now's not the time for that. I’m glad to see you’re out of your stupor, we need to get moving.”

Larus wanted to change topics, but Nova wasn’t entirely done addressing the bird. He regarded the bird for another instant before he tilted his head to the side and said, “A magical bird. If it talked it would definitely remind me of Lady Stettner’s…”

“That is quite enough chatter, Nova. Move,” Larus interjected automatically as he dug the fingers of his good hand sharply in the small of Nova’s back and propelled him forward to stop his words before he could finish them. Of the many inadequacies Nova possessed, a lack of balance was certainly not one of them. He didn’t even pause in his stride before picking himself up and continuing to move away. He glanced over his shoulder and allowed himself a small smile of victory.

“And don’t think I somehow managed to miss that smirk. Move. You as well, Messer Vikar. We should head to our position and await Knight Van Haden’s signal.”

"Yes sir," Nova muttered in response. The young mage broke into a run once he reached the perimeter of the high, shielded area they’d been using as a makeshift camp over the past couple of days. His pulse steadily increased again, but it was in a comfortable way as he engaged his entire body in the process of closing the distance between here and where he was bid to wait.

It was really the Lady Tarien’s interference that had brought along this temporary calm and paradoxical burst of energy. He’d been talked into accepting her blood by his father, but his mind didn't return to that conversation. Rather, his brain immediately conjured up the memory of his hardened nails pressing gently against the flesh of her wrist and the outpouring of blood that was like molten gold to his eyes (likely Valdis’ interference). It was rich and strong enough to burn his throat and make his skin turn bright red from the contact. He’d fallen over as the burst hit as, for an instant, he thought he could feel Lestor’s breath in the nearby tent as he poured over his maps, taste the damp droplets on Ulrick’s hair as it came into contact with the wet grass, sense the warmth of Silence’s mind as it coursed among their joined strands. But then it was over and he rushed embarrassingly quickly toward the nearby river to dunk his head and try and wash the sweet, overpowering taste of dragon’s blood out of his mouth.

The moment he saw the nearby line of trees, Nova swiftly sprinted toward them. Fang patrols were seemingly everywhere in the wake of the humans declaring war, and he didn’t want to be exposed for too long. He was to meet with Vikar on the hill overlooking the Giant encampment, close enough to get there in a few short minutes, but far enough away that they could properly hide themselves from view. Larus would do what he did best – jump from place to place till he found the best position to overlook their coming battle and hold as many of the wraiths in place as he possibly could without alerting the notice of the controlled giants or the other handlers. From there, Nova would run in and break their bonds. This was the main reason he’d accepted Tarien’s blood. With it still active in his system, he’d have the necessary power to break them. Vikar would provide support and inspire the newly freed Giants as one of their own once they had their small force amassed.

He repeated his part over and over in his head, in perfect rhythm with his heart as he moved into place. Now they just needed the signal from Ulrick. He had to keep himself well in check until then.

OOC: This post is kind of terrible, so apologies. It does get the job done, though! You can assume they're in place at this point and settling in for the wait/possible interference from other characters.

Also, Nova's not stuttering because he has SUPER DRAGON POWER...er...or at least a bit of confidence. Valdis being pretty quiet for the past few days has made him less on edge.

Winner

User Image
                                                                Lake noticed the tinge of red gracing the swordsman's cheeks as he spoke of the girl who waved at him moments ago. The sage raised his brow curiously as he crossed his arms over his chest, observing his new acquaintance further. "Just a little? And she's going to explode? Sounds like your dame's life is on the line to me!" he responded, making him wonder what the young mystic's true reasons for suddenly appearing in Fang without warning. Then again, it wasn't really in Lake's nature to meddle with the upper courts decisions. He would have to sit in the sidelines and watch for now..

"Cresstus Edge, pleasure!" Lake then said, shaking the hand of the redhead as his enchanted sword spoke up as well. The introduction surely was an enthusiastic one to say the least, but one thing was for sure, the weapon had quite the strong personality. "Fascinating! I'd love to see you two in some real combat!" The sage laughed softly at their unusual yet evidently sturdy bond. It was refreshing to see such a lively pair around Fang's quarters, especially since most of the coven members were often raging with fury or downright intoxicated with lunacy.

Already feeling a friendly connection with his new acquaintance, Lake opted for a little more small talk. Things seemed calm and quiet for the time being anyway, at least as far as he knew. "I noticed that you're new around here. Were you recruitet? Or did you take it upon yourself to join the ranks on your own?" His lips curved into a gentle smile as he waited for an answer, but before Cresstus could respond, Lake quickly nudged him with his elbow. "Ooh~ Perhaps it was your lady friend that reeled you in, hm?" The sage playfully waggled his eyebrows at the young swordsman, hoping that he was fit to take a little harmless teasing. This was typical behaviour for the white haired Evoker, always eager to warm up to people he had just met. Most of the time it got him into trouble in Fang, seeing that most members weren't always looking to make friends. He was grateful though knowing that most of his trainees are appreciative towards his efforts, especially through this teachings.

"And what about you, Regaltz? Did you have any say in the matter?" Lake continued, fashioning a sword to look nearly as identical as Cresstus', except it was glowing a faint blue glimmer. The details were spot on, almost similar in every aspect. Lake liked to put in extensive details into his evocation, and it certainly showed that he quite the particular eye for it. The sage grinned in content as he ran his fingers smoothly over the blade, the surface catching the light and making the weapon look like brand new. It was a shame that it couldn't talk as well. Aimlessly, he swung the sword around, displaying that he, too, had a bit of knowledge on how to handle it with proper skill and ease.

Stardust Drifter

HP: ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ 100&
                                                                MP: ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ 90%
                                                                Location • Fang Training Grounds
                                                                Company • Cresstus and Regatlz
                                                                OOC • So sorry again for the wait! ; A ;

Shuffled Ornament

15,375 Points
  • Amateur Decorator 50
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
Karmie Cloo

User ImageShaking his head a little Cress smiled softly. "Oh it's nothing, just me rambling to myself. Simone isn't going to physically explode. To tell you the truth, I did like her. She's a woman who's a strong fighter, wields powerful magic, and is very friendly. She's a catch for any man really, though she's out of my league. Honestly I'm sticking with being her friend." glancing over to Lake he smirked a little, this man was like a breath of fresh air. Most of the people here were cranky and grumpy, even Simone was kind of that way at times. It was nice to see someone who was....normal.

"Please, you don't need to be so formal Lake. Just simply "Cress" will do." he replied with a kind and happy smile. "Thanks, it's an interesting experience when you can bond with your weapon. I probably seem crazy though talking to Regaltz. You don't see many talking weapons that's for sure."

"That's a good thing too! Oh how annoying it would be to always have something constantly nagging at you and----nevermind I take it all back. The world needs more talking weapons." Mused the sword as Cress just rolled his eyes.

For once there was a little light in this hellish darkness, but when the man asked about if he was a new recruit Cress glanced away a look of deep regret on his face. He really didn't want to bring up the true reason he was here, obviously this man probably didn't live in the Coven like the others had. Maybe he was the one they sent on far away missions most of the time?

"....We are Prisoners....I'm not from this land, or this continent. I'm a wandering swordsman. I was helping my lady friend out when we were led here and trapped in the Rift...after that they did something to her and now I'm kind of her prisoner." he tone was filled with sorrow and regret. Despite everything Cress still felt like it was all his fault. No matter though, he would press on. Moving the collar of his jacket down he revealed the collar around his neck. "I don't wear this for show, I'm bound to this collar by a magical whip my friend wears. She doesn't like what I say and I get zapped...sometimes she does it for pleasure."

"Yes Madame Simone has become quite blood thirsty as of late. I have to say it really blemishes her character. A sweet and beautiful Mortal like her really kind of doesn't fit in here with these boring ninnies. Pah! I was stuck on the floor for a while, and called an Artifact by one of the head Priests here! Me an Artifact!? It's an insult! Artifacts sit in boring cases to be gawked at all day. I am a WEAPON!! My own purpose is to cut things, not sit in some lame case all day!" grumbled the sword, that still made him so cross!

"As you can tell Lake our first impressions of your home really aren't very fond ones. Honestly probably all of these Coven places are the same. So no I am not a new recruit, just a man who's always getting stuck in cages. Metaphorically speaking."

Turning his head to watch Lake it was clear Regaltz left an impression on the man. That or maybe he wanted his sword? You could never be too careful these days. Especially in a place like this. He had never seen such magic before as an exact replica of Regaltz was made in his hands. Furthermore he began to swing it around with ease, this man had some impressive skills but Cress already knew that.

Lake carried himself well, so he was obviously talented and strong at what he did. Plus, you kind of had to be if you lived in this Coven place. Over the couple days he had seen some of the other puppets in this place. They called themselves "knights", but Cress really didn't see the need to use such heroic and honorable titles given. One was a crazy woman with No name, in fact that was her name! A woman who would probably be forgotten in history, another puppet and tool for Reginald to command.

The other was a fairy woman, which in all honesty when he first saw her wings he was a little surprised. Still, when you travel around with a yapping sword, nothing magical really phases you. Josephine, as she was called, wasn't as silly and strange as No Name. Serious, grouchy, and kind of everything opposite a fairy should be, the woman was a foot kisser. These people in this Coven kissed Reginald's feet a lot, he was their leader after all. From the little time he had observed this place was like a well trained tact force. They did their jobs, gave their little handshakes, killed whoever Reginald wanted dead, and pretty much stood there mindlessly awaiting orders.

Simone was slowly becoming like that herself, honestly this was no life. Cress couldn't help but pity some of these people here. To live and die spontaneously by the sword, or magical dagger, or whatever. Shion was just like them too, only she seemed more proper and well balanced. Cress was going to miss her, poor woman. Snapping back into reality he turned his attention back to Lake.

"So what's your job here Lake? Well, if that's something you can share. I don't want to get you into any trouble." he admitted now with a bit of a serious tone in his voice. Regaltz fell silent, not feeling in the mood to talk anymore.

He would speak up when he needed to however, but due to respect he would allow the two Mortals to chat about the silly things Mortals did.

-----------------------------------
HP: 100/100
EN: 80/100
Company: Lake and Regaltz
Feeling: Keeping his guard up
(OOC: *hugs* I'm sorry for being/seeming so rude. Don't worry about it, thank you for replying. :3)

Koko the Boss's Husband

Moonlight Stalker

User Image

XXt⋙⋊ ɌEGINALD ѶALERIUS
      SXXXXt≣≣≣ HIGH PRIEST OF HOUSE FANG ஐქხ

Xt═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
              User Image

Reginald sat at his desk, going over notes and reports from his returned members and informants filling him in on the progress of events across the continent. And some quick blurbs ensuring other continents were continuing to stay busy with their own problems. Couldn’t have them interfering with the unfolding events, not after so much planning had gone into causing them to occur. Looking at the rising tensions between the countries, he was pleased to see the fruits of his labor had paid off. They would break into an all-out war across the entire continent soon. All of Vanguard would be covered in chaos and death. Should one of the monarchies even find out the truth of the covens and Fang’s plans, they would be too entrapped in their conflicts to pose any true threat. Satisfied with the progression there, he reviewed what had occurred on his team’s rescue mission.

They were more successful than he’d hoped for. Not only had they brought back Nilin but they’d recovered the scriptures as well. He’d assumed that would be a second task to tackle after Nilin was safely returned to the coven and recovering. It seemed the universe was back to the proper order of things, ensuring his needs were met. He couldn’t say the gods themselves wanted him to succeed but clearly one did and was influencing the chain of events.

It was a shame Shion had been killed. Her particular talent for curses was exceptional and would be missed. Especially when he was particularly bothered by an annoying member of the coven… Always entertaining to see what new harmless curse Shion would come up with to trouble them away from Reginald. His favorite was when a particulary annoying woman kept trying to seduce him. Shion had turned that girl a wonderful shade of red. The first day. Every time the woman went to sleep she would wake up another color. It was the joke of the coven for the week it lasted. Shion’s talents would certainly be missed.

He moved onto the next order of business. The scriptures themselves. Fang now possessed five of the six keys. Soon they’d have the final one, and Ariaonlord would be summoned to put all the lowly fools in their place at Fang’s feet. And the world would be theirs to remake. It also seemed there was… a soul bound to the scriptures? That certainly made things more complicated. Reginald did not like complications. It was time for him to determine just how much of a complication this person was.

He left his study and made his way down the infirmary. Before he entered, he found his dear Simone leaving the room. Did she look a little spacy? Where was that gun-ho-ready-to-spill-blood-and-guts look he enjoyed so much? "Hello there dear... I see you have gone to meet Nilin. Or perhaps reunite with your sweet Virgil? I'm surprised to actually see you leaving his side... I know you two have so much to catch up on."

•ัﻬஐზ ჱ

╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

§: HALLWAY OUTSIDE INFIRMARY x §: SIMONE x §: I'M GONNA RULE THE WORLD BAAAABYYY
              MP々100%x ☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀
              HP々100% ☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

Lavish Associate

8,500 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

HP 100/100xxxxxxxxxxx
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

MP 100/100xxxxxxxxxxx
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

User Image

Ulrick watched Silence carefully as she called Simone to the hallway, before his eyes moved to the fairly tall, dark-haired lady make her way out of the infirmary and...The metal mage just stared, and his lips pursed with the grim task of handling Simone's betrayal, loosened, though his muscles, and his whole body remained tense. As if he had turned to stone, something burned inside him as his eyes softened as if caressed by her long-locks, her curves, but stopped at the hazy blue eyes. Then the feeling vanished suddenly just before she seemed to snap out of Mei's control. Dark green eyes looked to Tarien who looked to be probing the girl with her searching eyes.

Instead of asking, Ulrick's resolve to find out where Simone's loyalties truly lied, took control, and he looked to Mei. He could tell her magic was exhausted, so they needed to make this quick.

"Silence, I just need one more sound barrier. If you start to reach the end of your mana, let us know," Ulrick spoke with a voice that seemed desolate of any emotion, before looking to Tarien and Lestor. "Stay here. I will talk to her first."

With that, the metal mage walked into the hallway, dragonblade unsheathed yet not pointed at the witch. He watched as Simone finally noticed his presence, and her dark eyes met her dark blue ones. Her eyes seemed different, even when he had only ever caught a glimpse of it in the coven when she would avoid and ignore him; not that he had ever cared. Frankly, she had seemed like some witch that thought she wouldn't fall for his charms or something.

Right now, however, that wasn't what he was thinking about. Something felt like it had made his heart like stone; and he felt colder than ever. Like something was making him feel a hatred towards her, even as she looked at him with confusion and surprise. He was ready to murder her, if she truly chose to betray their House of Granate. The coven that had taken her in; Garnet having raised her.

After a long pause, Ulrick finally spoke. "Simone Mesa. We have never been fully acquainted, but I am Ulrick Van Haden. Knight of House Granate. I have heard that you are part of Fang now, and for this betrayal, you must die," he paused and took his stance, deciding to drop all the bullshit formalities-after all traitors might as well be scum of the earth; nothing worth his respect. He smirked. "But first tell me why you've become Reginald's little whore? Traded in with the dogs and turned against your only family? Against peace?" he raised his voice.

Location: Inside House of Fang, hallway at the south end of their headquarters with Simone
                                    Mood/State: Ready to kill
                                    Appearance: Picture to the left
                                    Current Weapon: [Dragon Blade of Essence]
                                    Theme Song: Chrome- Music Junkies

(( ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items