Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Sex Symbol

User Image

Peace and prosperity between the three kingdoms is ruined through a series of unfortunate events but there is more than meets the eye.

The Civok Kingdom has evidence to prove that the Maizen Kingdom assassinated their Queen and have called forth a mandatory draft on all males 18 years old and over to join the ranks of the Civok Military. The draft includes slaves and free-born alike and allows former slaves to become fully qualified citizens of the kingdom by joining the military.

The peace treaty that was proposed between Civok and Zhu fell through when two mages escaped the royal prisons of Symnetes, their escape and the battle between the groups of mages caused catastrophic damage to the capitol, deaths of beloved enforcers and even innocent casualties who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. As the mages were associated with both Maizen and Civok, Zhu held both kingdoms responsible and tensions finally hit a peak with the confirmation that mages were responsible for the Tenami Massacre.

Blood and rumors are spilled in the wake of Knight Gur's defection from House Fang and his treasonous action of releasing the prisoner (one of the keys -Princess Adelaide). High Priest Reginald's rage is brought down upon Florah Village in Maizen where he orders the slaughter of the innocent villagers and kidnaps various female elf babies to take place of his recently escaped virgin key. High Priest Reginald cynically spreads rumors that Civok mages are responsible for this tragedy, thus purposefully adding fuel to the fires of war.

The two secret covens have hit the final stretch in their race. House Fang has acquired the fifth key to raise Arianlord, the Roman Scriptures. They are now one key away from conjuring their beloved king of demons to their realm and enslaving the continent, possibly the world with his power. However, they can no longer ignore the political air around them as all three kingdoms declare war.

Today, April 12 is supposed to be the continent wide holiday of Thash - a day to celebrate peace and prosperity. Sike! All celebrations are put on hold as battles and bloodshed have already begun on the borders of the kingdoms. Welcome to the continent of Vangare, every step you make from here on out is crucial to your own survival. Towns, cities, villages are on lock down and the once peaceful lands are littered with despair.

User Image

Dapper Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
User Image
User Image
                                    Light broke through the curtains' crevice. It fell upon the sleeping High Priest, brightening his morning grimace. His eyes cracked open and his often scarlet pupils awoke a drab umber. He yawned; arising from his sleep and stretching out his arms. He then sat in his bed for a moment, taking in his surroundings from that position. His room was quiet but outside he could hear the coven on their daily routines. That puzzled the Priest, since he thought it was early morning. He slipped his wrist from under the sheets and dawned his watch. Well, it seems I've slept passed noon...again. His own thoughts scolded him. He sighed and sank back into the comfort of his sheets. He'd slept in for the past two days, and doubted that another day would matter. Things had already gone down the drain. The Priest turned over while he thought back a few days ago. Admittedly Kozue was right. Making impulsive decisions was my way of 'venting' my contempt for the recent circumstances. I was childish, and acted recklessly. He sat back up, Hell if Kozue's matured so much then I've certainly let myself go. I should get out of this slump I'm in and actually get some work done. His thoughts were suddenly interrupted however, when he overheard something from the meeting room. He sprang up from his bed, and quickly went to the bathroom for his routine. Once out, he properly dressed himself and exited his room. Walking around he passed many residents of the Elder Tree. Some were surprised to see him, as he had retired to his quarters for a couple days. Others were happy that he'd finally come out, and he reciprocated that in his greetings.

Finally entering the meeting room, Naito descried the topic of discussion. "You must be Mordred Eaulligus. What brings you here again?" he asked along with the councilmen around him. One answered "Mordred here was about to go on a mission. He's been waiting for further instruction." "We've decided to prepare the room with decor for Thash. Despite everything tradition is tradition. The elders especially encourage this day for 'peace of the mind'. The Priest nodded, observing everyone. "I see. Well, Mordred. If you will, I insist you follow me to my quarters." He gestured toward the councilmen, "I'll send him back here once we're finished." The few councilmen looked amongst each other before nodding to Naito. The Priest then signaled Mordred to follow him as he headed toward his quarters. Once inside, Naito shook his hand before taking a seat near his adorned fireplace. "You seem to dress well, and present yourself mannerly. The coven needs more like you, I can already see why you were selected for a mission." He made sure to leave to the door open. It would symbolize that the Priest bore no ill will toward him. "You were about to leave on Kozue's mission, I presume?" Mordred had nodded, obviously reminded of the three's initial encounter. "I believe your first impression of me may be pessimistic. So allow me to reintroduce myself," he stood and cleared his throat. "I am Naito Decimo, High Priest of House Granate. Believe it or not Kozue and I have a history. There's a story behind my outburst against her. But frankly it's not worth the time it'd take to tell, so we'll leave it at that." The man smiled a bit, but it soon faded when looking back to Mordred. He could tell the mage still had some questions on his mind.

Naito folded his arms, "If you're wondering why I acted the way I did, it was because a friend of mine had an accident." His glance had fallen a bit and he sat back in his chair. "She was the former High Priestess; Garnet... She collapsed during an interrogation. The cause is still unknown, but she has yet to awake from it." He looked back up to Mordred. "The timing couldn't be worse either. As you know, Vangare's been going through hell. All three kingdoms are at war and the political sphere of things can no longer be ignored. This now involves everyone, both in and outside of covens." His tone had severed, "Stay alert, Mordred." The room had silenced for a moment, for this information was all too evident. The significance of Mordred's mission was clear. There was already a grand war between covens. The climax of war had merely just begun. The silence was broken, though when someone had stepped into the Priest's quarters. The two hearkened to the doorway where they saw a mage in messengers' guise. "High Priest Naito, I have news to report." His eyes furrowed, "Proceed." "Warden guards on Wall Erin report sensing a distinct disturbance in their area. And have suspicion that someone is entering the rift into the coven." Naito brought his hand to his chin, "When was this documented?" "The first was on April 9th, sir. However they reported the disturbance again, and summoned me to notify you as of today, April 12th." The Priest's eyes hit the floor, and yet again he recalled the happenings three days ago. If this adds up, it could be him actually resurfacing... Naito adjusted his hat before coming to a stand.

"You can aliquam the guards that I've received their report. Firstly, I'll need you to notify the High Priestess for a meeting immediately." The room's atmosphere had tensed. The guard's worry had lingered in his speech, "Y-yes sir." He gave a bow then darted out of the room. As the messenger had sped through the Elder Tree, the hatted man had returned his glance to Mordred. "You can remain here. Kozue will be meeting us shortly." The severity of his tone would illustrate the urgency. The messenger had returned a few moments later. Panting through the doorway he dropped to a kneel in respect. "Sir...I've summoned High Priestess Kozue...as you wished." The Priest nodded, "Thank you." He folded his arms looking upon her entry into the room. They actually hadn't met in person since they're reunion three days ago. They may have established it was no time for petty quarreling, but there was still tension between them nonetheless. "Kozue, don't think I've called you here in regards of our conversation in Garnet's quarters. Nor in reference to the status of the participants on the Mazien mission. And though I understand you're planning on departing Mordred here on a mission as well, there's an urgent matter we need to discuss." The Priestess had yet to even speak, as the messenger spoke up once again. "I'm getting a call from the Warden guards!" He rose his aliquam so that everyone could here as he answered. "Hello? This is Warden Guard Haseo reporting from Wall Erin. Suspicions of trespassing have been confirmed. An unidentified infiltrator has been sighted in the rift. I repeat, sightings of an infiltrator are present in the rift!" Naito quickly swiped the aliquam from the messenger's hand. "Do not let them near Wall Kretch. Civilians and innocents are at risk. I'm heading there now." He tossed the aliquam back to the messenger and started toward the door.

Passing the High Priestess he looked over his shoulder. His eyes grew their crimson hue, and he blatantly spoke; "I know who's there."

Koko the Boss

IILovelyAmarathII

ㄨCompany↘Council magi, Kozue, MordredXXXXXXㄨLocation↘House Granate, Naito's QuartersXXXXXXㄨTime↘Afternoon
                                    H P:XXX100 / 100
                                    M P:XXX100 / 100

Comatose_Angel's Partner In Crime

Divine Protagonist

12,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image

User Image

For the past two days Mordred spent much of his time training and preparing himself for the his first current mission. During those two days he had gather Intel on the woman by the name of Ember whom he would be working with. He spent the first day, in the coven library going through many files. Especially, on Ember. From what he had learned Ember was a blind mage that focused on many Animal Imitation. He also spent reading up on the other Vesthun that were part of Granate. Violet eyes peaked in interest as he read through a book once he read about a knight named Remington Tsuru. Mordred was greatly impressed with his abilities as a mage. So much curiosity stirred up in him. I wonder what it would be like to talk to one of my kind?

He questioned it his mind. Shutting the book He pulled out some parchment and laid it out of on the mahogany wooden desk, and pulled out a quell. Before writing on the parchment he inscribed a form of mana that would turn into Braille. He didn't want to accidentally give a blind woman a hard time. I almost forgot to do this........OH THE HORROR ...!!
                                                    As he felt bad that he was having to write a letter in the first place.I wonder what it would be like if I myself was blind? God, I would hate to read a letter without Braille...... Writing in cursive he wrote.

“Ember of Draom, I request the presence of you in person. High Priestess Kozue has assigned a mission for the both of us. I will be the one leading us into the Civok Kingdom. Our mission is to find the whereabouts of the Prince of Civok and talk about current condition of his country. We need to clarify that there is obviously a war happening between Civok and Zhu. Also, that we of house Granate inquire a request of political Intel, and what the Granate mages gain if we were to participate in the war, as well fight the current war we are in against fang. We need to inquire about if the Granate Coven agrees to help Civok in the war, that we must be ensured aid for the war against the Fang coven. Please meet with me by the lake outside of HQ. So that we can discuss further details about a plan. ~Sincerely yours, Mordred Eaulligus.”

With that he folded the letter and walked through the library to find a massager mage. A young boy with blonde hair and blue eyes that looked like the age of fifteen stood at the front of the library. The raven haired male pulled out 50 silver out of his parcel and paid the young lad generously. He gave him specific instructions as to where to take the message too. He mentioned to the boy that he wanted it as secure as possible. He then made his way out of the library and into his quiet home. Feeling mentally worn-out from the research he was doing. Mordred, fell asleep in the suit that he was wearing. The very next morning he had changed into a outfit that resembled an all white Samurai Yukata. It was very light weight and it was made out of mixture of silk and cotton. Attaching the twin swords together. His kutana with his wakizashi underneath the kutana.

He made this day specifically preparing his stamina for the upcoming mission. Walking outside echoes of his sandals touched the stone floor of the streets as he hummed a melody from his memory. The morning sun was bright on his face. He sheathed both of the swords and secured them before he had set off. Tying his raven hair raven back in a half pony tail and half of it down. The humid air felt overwhelming. Picking up his pace he ran through Granate coven HQ and passing through Amarile Forest. When reaching the forest he searched for the lake he had found earlier before he reached the coven HQ.

The smell of water alerted him even more. The air changed from humid to cool and felt the whispering leaves of the trees surrounding him. Violet hues changed into a glowing blue of manna coming from his eyes. He lounged out his left hand and surge of manna pass through his feet and toes like a electrical current. The current of manna then passed through his entire body making it light weight. The man in all concentration ran on to the water of the lake. Normally, with that much force coming from running you would hear splashing. His running was much more like tapping on a wooden floor. A forceful waving of both hands molds of doppelgangers from liquid water formed like plasma and formed many clones of him. All of the clones had their swords at the ready. He took a deep breathe and exhaled all of his out. He submerged himself deep into the lake.

He activated his gill like breathing. Coming up for air his swords were already unsheathed and he spun round slashing at the doppelgangers. Most of them dodging his attacks. After many hours had past of fighting his doppelgangers, the mage unfolded them from their plasma forms and the plasma like substance of the doppelgangers all turned back into the water from the lake itself. Mordred walked off of the lake. He stumbled slightly on to the ground. Many of his movements while walking on water were harsh, as he was working against the current that was in the lake. He was soaked head to toe when a mage telaported out of no where. Just then he finally noticed his aliquam blinking. He patted his forehead with his hand and sighed. He let out a brief chuckle at the telaportation mage and said

“Heh, I’m still not used to these things yet. I assuming that someone has summoned my prescience have they not?”
                                                    The hooded mage nodded and spoke in rather raspy voice.“High Priest Naito Decimo, would like to have a word with you sir. Please come with me.”The mage had telaported them into full of council member and High Priest Naito was entering the room himself. Mordred looked down at his appearance. He was very embarrassed to be seen in such a manner. He wasn't going to let his current appearance make him seem meek. He fixed his stature and listened to the man’s deep sounding voice.

“You must be Mordred Eaulligus. What brings you here again?”
                                                    Mordred was about to speak, until a councilman spoke on his behalf about the current mission he was about to set foot on. Oh not this again. They certainly can’t let me speak for myself can’t they.He thought wondering what is going on. He Analyzed the brunette haired man with the finely tailored suit and flodora on. Compared to him at the moment he looked like a king and Mordred was the peasant. Water was still trickling down on the floor of the meeting room, and eyeing the water spots, Mordred put his right hand on his body, and created steam to evaporate the water off of him drying his outfit. He heard them go on about the Thash holiday. In which, he himself didn’t have a clue of what Thash was. When he heard a priest talk about peace of mind he chuckled softly to himself and said to directly to Naito.

“Forgive my rather peasant like appearance. I was in stamina training, before I had embarked on this mission. These clothes are certainly not my best, but you had seen me in my best. These just makes it easier to freely move my body the way I want to while training.”
                                                    Councilmen where in shock and awe as he so bluntly to the priest. The Priest himself then invited him to his quarters. His ears and his mind were in shock of his truly different persona that was surrounding him. He nodded respectfully and gave a proud smile. Finally, He acting like a leader should.

Walking through his quarters he felt the warmth of the fireplace and smelt the cinnamon smell coming from the wood. It felt so soothing. Taking a seat next to him he listen attentively to the man. In which it re-framed him from making a fool out of himself if he were to give him a outburst of questions. High Priest Naito complimented him, and his compliments almost felt like flattery. Giving a hopeful and yet confident smirk. He spoke back saying in calm voice

“Ah, I thank you for taking note of my first impression good sir. As you could plainly see you have summoned my presence while I was rigidly training for this mission before hand. I’m sure you are aware of the fact that I’m of the Vesthuns. My clan though isn’t like the others. We are of what you would call born from the water. A clan of Water elementals. My embarrassing display of water spots on the floor of the meeting room was prove of enough wasn’t not?”

He didn't expect him to answer that. That was more rhetorical than anything. Mordred’s eyes continued to stay on the high priest considering that after the first encounter, he felt like this man had gained more of his respect back again. As he listened to him explain why he was acting the way he did. Naito properly introduced himself and mentioned high priestess Kozue and him had a history. Which perked up his ears a bit. A History? …Hmmm I hope it isn't what I think it is.

Slight jealousy for some unknown reason to him was boiling up inside of him. Only after their first encounter, he surely had thought highly of high Priestess Kozue already. From what he had already seen. He felt like she was his type. Intelligent, prim, and proper. Worthy of her own beauty. His eyebrows narrowed a bit and his expression became a slight scowl at first and then a very tense stare at him. He continued to listen attentively and heard about how High Priestess Garnet fell ill. He saw the despair and frustration in his eyes.

“You care for her don’t you? That’s not surprising, I’m sure you two are very close indeed.”
                                                    He stood up proudly and spoke with a stern tone in his deep voice saying

“ I’m ex-Military man. I was known as Lieutenant Colonel of the Civok military.”
                                                    He paused and bowed to his new leader high priest Naito. He said courageously “I assure you. Please trust High Priestess Kozue’s decision in me. This war that we are in. It is nothing new to me. If this is hell my friend, we are only at it’s doorstep.”He chuckled confidently. Then a presence of a mage caught his attention. Mordred stayed silent not saying a word. He overheard them talking about a break in the security. This caused Mordred to be more on guard than usual. This time he was about to follow Naito, until he was stopped in his tracks by his words. He stood there by his door watching for him and high Priest Kozue to arrive back.

HP: 100 MP: 100 Location: Naito's quarters Mood: Gaurded With: Naito Outfit : Trainning outfit

User Image

User Image

Dr McGlock

Koko the Boss

Okami_Lone_Wolf

Sorry for almost making your character read a letter without Braille!

Ok guys, I guess Naito earned his respect back from Mordred. Yay for him! Although I have to say I liked Naito anyways.

Also, Yay for second official post.

(Edited: Sorry for missing words and extra sentences that didn't make sense. Again, I did finish this around 4 am last night. )

Lady Tarien's Waifu

Divine Heckler

17,100 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
User Image
Staggering took an astounding amount of work. Usually, Gabryel just wandered along, usually in a weaving pattern not at all conducive to going in any particular direction, but his steps were always as measured and careful as he could make them – heel-toe, heel-toe. Hold your breath just right, narrow your eyes against the sting of the breeze and ignore the symphony of flavors that dance around on your tongue whenever you’re in the region. Being severely sick from so many days (at this point) of not traveling under his own power after having been blown up, imprisoned, and nearly blown up again made wavering impossible and thus Gabryel was reduced to staggering like he was constantly exiting a warzone after a dramatic battle.

Which was almost true, but in reverse. They had to travel back toward Fang far more slowly after the initial leap from Zhu’s capital because of the sudden appearance of Maizen soldiers dominating the landscape. Infantry, cavalry, gunners, he lost count of the groups and soldiers he saw all flying under the Maizen banner with their ornate helmets (of elven make, naturally) and elegant battle formations. Gabryel was vaguely interested, but he had much more important matters to worry about. The fate of the immediate world could come after he’d been debriefed about his experience and learned what the covens were up to.

He’d really only had clarity of mind for about the past five hours or so. The escape, if it could even be called that, was a blur of nausea, dizziness, and copious amounts of yelling that grated on him, but he had no way of expressing it. He sharply recalled the kiss of misty ice on his palms as Shion used her magic to break the chains that had him dangling from the ceiling and he’d certainly fallen through the hole in the floor (or lack of a floor). Onto said witch, if he recalled, but she was a sport about being a glorified net and only insisted they hurry away.

From there, all he really recalled was someone holding his hand and practically carrying him forward. He couldn’t stay on his feet for more than few uneasy steps at a time in normal circumstances, but the direness of the situation had Gabryel concentrating solely on putting one foot in front of the other as quickly as possible while they made it out of the sewers and into the city itself to try and escape the Enforcers. At one point in time, someone shoved a threadbare set of “liberated” clothes into his hands and he’d hastily gotten into the knee-length pants and ridiculously roomy shirt, but Gabryel would have taken a fifty pound ballgown over the incense-soaked prison garb he’d been wearing.

Perhaps the main highlight was when his magic came back. It returned far more violently than it had left – hitting like a tidal wave once the strange (likely magical) properties of Zhu’s anti-magic tech wore off. It amplified the taste of magic in Gabryel’s mouth so intensely, that he immediately dove for the nearest set of bushes to cough up the miniscule amount of rations he’d managed to get into his mouth between their apparently miraculous escape and the endless trudgery they were currently experiencing.

He honestly couldn’t say if the rolling hills that flattened out the closer they came to the forest and mountainous region was familiar or not. Gabryel was terrible with directions, after all. Yet there was something achingly familiar about the taste of the air and definitely in the more relaxed line of his companion’s shoulders the closer they got to Mount Reine.

His feet were a mess by the time they crossed the shallows and headed toward a slightly more familiar cave where he knew by taste that two mages were in hiding. Once they saw the limp, ghastly figure of Nilin on Diana’s back, the pair immediately rushed in and expedited the process that Gabryel had not-so-fondly thought of as “the border inspection.” It usually consisted of a search – physical followed by a magical one, and then a statement of in-coven business before anyone was allowed in (note: the statement of coven business had to be written, signed, and endorsed by no less than three coven members and then checked at the coven once again. Gabryel thought the greatest evil present in Fang was the tireless bureaucracy. He’d once had to come back for two weeks in a row just to get back to his room, though admittedly part of that was him getting lost for an entire week in the process.). The exceptions to the process were famous members, Knights, Council Members and, of course, the top two. As a forgettable outer court mage who had barely made the cut three years ago, Gabryel was always subjected to it.

This was one of the few times he managed to dodge right by the welcoming committee to go through the barrier that kept their oh-so-secret headquarters out of sight and mind of the non-magical or non-coven affiliated persons of the world. The void, as he thought of it, was a terrible place and this time in particular he wanted to get through as quickly as humanly possible. The air was so thick it felt like he was eating solid food rather than breathing. He couldn’t properly describe the taste other than to say take nothingness and add a little ceaseless vacuum for a garnish. The stagnant space pressed like a million tiny knives against his skin and tired his already exhausted body in the short time they were traveling.

But then it was over and he practically spilled into the main entrance of Mount Reine along with the rest of their exhausted party. There was already a team of healers at the ready who swarmed the dark-haired woman who had impossibly managed to carry Fang’s high priestess for the majority of their whirlwind journey. Gabryel saw her stiffen and step back against the onslaught of white-frocked men and women who were charged with ensuring their leadership was secure. For half a moment, Gabryel wondered if it would go to blows, but in the end she surrendered the woman on her back to the masses.

As for Gabryel, he wasn't going to stand around and be gawked at. He weaved his way around the group till he found the quietest, darkest stretch of unused cave wall in sight. Getting to his room would require a Ziiyan-sent Sherpa, so he would have to do with the nicest looking patch of nature to prop him up till he got his bearings.

While gritty, the surface of the rock was cool against the thin fabric of the loaner shirt that some unwitting citizen of Zhu had gifted the mage during their escape. He all but collapsed on the spot, but had the foresight to draw his knees up to his chest so as not to trip the many scurrying sets of legs he saw directly in his field of vision. He closed his eyes and briefly held up one of his hands to press against his left ear. The voices. It was somehow worse than the militant shouting of the Enforcers from two days ago. Perhaps it was because anytime Gabryel was in a group larger then six or seven mages, the taste in his mouth became so vile that he started to permanently associate it with crowds and so would feel uneasy just spotting even a modest group of people. It tanked his mood, but he was too tired do anything other than feebly wish for them to disperse so he could get some sleep.

“Well, that was certainly an experience,” Gabryel started, and paused when he realized how raw his voice sounded to his own ears. Wait. How long had it been since he’d said anything? Ten hours? Twelve? “That has to be a record. If I ever go home, I can finally tell Nana that captivity and a militant march are what it takes to finally quiet me,” he concluded. There were healers around, yes, and he knew he could call out to one and ask to be treated, but it felt like a bit of a waste. He hadn’t managed to inflict a head injury on himself back and Zhu, so other than bruised wrists and terrifyingly filthy, bloody feet, all of his trouble was because of his own weak constitution and wasn’t something he wanted to entrust into the overzealous Fang healers.

User Image

Mood: *Ask Again Later*

Company: Fang Coven. Yes. All members, past and present. Probably future too.

▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶ hp

◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀ mp

OOC:Sorry for the lackluster opener. Gabby’s pretending that he’s thinking clearly, but he’s not actually thinking clearly. His main goal was to sit down somewhere and BY GOD, he did it.

Now, I took liberties so much that this post could be given a “liberation” subtitle, but I had to fill in some gaps just to get the post out and ready to get former team sewer back at home. I moved Nilin just because it seems logical for her to be immediately taken in for treatment since she was worked over by Wei on two separate occasions and is so valuable to the Coven. Everyone is free to act/react as they see fit (even her, technically). Anyway, questions, comments, and concerns can be sent via pm :3

Wailing Lunatic

User Image

No Name was bored, a state of being that to her was incredibly unusual and practically terminal in her reaction to it's occurrence. No Name hated being bored, hated it with the passionate burning intensity of the sun. But alas there was little she could do to see this aching stagnation in her mood quelled.

At least not with all of her 'companions' either missing or out on "important Fang business." It was really unfortunate, because this was a big day for No Name, HUGE in fact gargantuan in it's significance to her, and of course on a day such as this EVERYONE managed to be out. She had heard what had happened of course, Nilin and Gabryel finding themselves apprehended by the Zhu requiring a rescue party to be sent after them. So yea it had been a pretty dull two days for No Name, what with no Nilin around to share her eccentric views, and no Gabby to butt heads with, and those left behind were people she didn't exactly want to talk with at the moment. Regi was in a foul mood, and seemed hell bent on being a maniacal negative Nancy, and despite being the one who delivered such outstanding news to her, she didn't think he would be good company. She would hang out with Evella but the eccentric little child had found a way to get herself killed, oh well; the child had been fun, but she was a tool, and No Name didn't like too associate herself with pets. So she wasn't exactly pained by her loss, hell she had made a few gains from it, Regi had allowed her too "sample" a bit of Evella's skin for her personal use so No Name was topped up on skin for a while.

Heh. She could pretend she was carrying out Evella's legacy.....right?

The only other people around was that woman that Virgil had fooled into thinking he loved her and her little red headed companion. But the woman had recently been converted, and while she had noted her personality to be quite favorable, No Name wasn't a fan of her annoying little friend who had spent the last two days fawning over the woman each of their conversations going something along the lines of "Gee Simone you sure are different." and :Oh you're lack of modesty is too bright for my virgin eyes." and "blah blah blah, you are my friend and friends, blah blah blah." Not exactly her idea of a good time.

A rapid set of footsteps however and the mobilization of many of the House of Fang healers, alerted No Name to the news of the return of Fang rescue party, that would mean that would mean that either the team had returned empty handed after having gotten their asses kicked, or they had returned successful but Nilin and Gabyrel among others were injured. No Name fell in step behind the healers, she wanted to be one of the first on the scene, to see the damage and offer healing through her golden sense of humor and never fail skill to make people laugh.

She followed the healers down to the Coven's entrance stepping out of the way as a group of healers as they carried Nilin by, it seemed that the woman had indeed been injured, and whoever had done it, did quite a number on her. That was one missing member accounted for but what...about... the other?
"Whoa!" No Name sounded suddenly as her foot made contact with a unaccounted for lump on the ground, sending her stumbling forward. She quickly regained her composure, and turned to regard the lump, only to realize that it was missing Fang member number two. "Gabby!" No Name exclaimed in her excited airy voice. As she squatted down besides Gabby in a very unladylike fashion, with a huge grin on her face. The male was leaning against the wall, looking worse for wear, but "worse for wear", was 100% better than dead. "Almost didn't see ya down there, welcome back friend! You've missed a lot, a lot indeed! But I will present you a gracious audience before I deliver to you the scoop so too speak." No Name spoke in a high and mighty official voice, crossing her legs below herself, sitting in front of Gabby and taking up a considerable amount of the hallway. "Soooooo, tell me! What was it like being a prisoner? I bet you're all institutionalized now huh? However will you adapt to life on the outside?"

Dapper Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
User Image

User Image
                                                    The knight's eyes blinked open. He gasped sitting upright in his bed. He looked around anxiously, firming his grasp on the sheets. Slowly but surely it came back to him. I'm home... He sighed; relaxing his shoulders and letting go of the covers. His windows were often shut and covered, the light of day couldn't inform him of the time. Remi kept his dorm this way due to his consistent night terrors. And as of the past few days, they've been getting more frequent. Instead of having one per night, he found himself blacking out during random times of the day. "..." he stared blankly at the floor. The rings under his eyes had blackened because of his lack of sleep. Glancing toward the nightstand, he caught a glimpse of the time. Five already? It was night the last time he was awake. Either way, he had slept a considerable amount of time. Whether it was a good night's sleep or another black out, he was thankful to avoid another night terror. He loathed the thought of awaking in an untamed recollection of the events in Zhu. And despite his many attempts to purge his mind of the memories, he couldn't stop himself from thinking about that day. He remembered everything vividly. The constant anxiety of being amongst hateful citizens. Then hiding in the sewers to avoid exposure. Until finally running into his longstanding rival; Virgil. His eyebrows furrowed in thought. Just like before I let it happen again. I let him send all of Granate's plans up in flames. Even worse I let him go...at the cost of my mission, and my comrades. He shut his eyes. Annoyed with his thoughts, he allowed himself to be dragged back to that fateful day in Zhu.

His paled amber eyes slowly opened. The air was crisp and the rain seemed lighter at this height. He inhaled strongly, it was oddly refreshing to breathe the city air again. He had forgotten it's value for that short time in the sewers. And when he respired the odors from the dungeons, he didn't realize he'd taken Synmetes for granted. Emerging from that place had instantly unbound some of the worry from his shoulders. As the glass and debris continued to fall in their wake, their minds were temporarily alleviated of all their struggles. Yet the knight couldn't bask in these blissful thoughts. He began peering at the land beneath them. He already spotted enforcers heading toward the borders of Synmetes. He knew it was a floating city, so he had no choice but to fly downward in order to escape. He looked over his shoulder at his only passenger. "Ember, my manna's running low. I'm gonna have to fly us down to get out of the city. At that point I need you to navigate us where to land safely." He wasn't an expert, but he knew somewhat of her magic. Despite her lack of sight, he knew she could pinpoint the best location to land. For the time being they were soaring in an arc. The speed of Remi's infinite stairs was very formidable. Some of the enforcers, and even civilians threw projectiles, but none of which could reach them fast enough. As they continued through the air, they neared the outskirts of the city. Remi's focus trained forward, still he couldn't help but watch Synmetes leave his sight. "...wait-" He squinted, "Ember, over there near the southern boarder...do you see that?" His hand raised slightly as he pointed. Ember frowned, "If I could see yes, but I can hear her from here." The image was mutual, and they knew it was Joanna. "We need to get her," Ember added. Remi's hand went back to his side and his glance lolled forward. "I know..." He didn't want to think about all he was leaving behind, he couldn't. His only recurring thought was of the scale of his failure. That, and all the impending doom that would could come from it.

His fists tightened, "s**t, Ember I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this up." Remi had used a lot of his manna back in the city. Now that they were out he could feel the last of it inching away. "Just hang in a little longer Remi, you can do it." She encouraged. But the infinite stairs had visibly declined. "Remi down there, it's where I sense a good landing spot. And it's sorta well hidden." It's speed was slowing, and they were heading to the ground at an alarming rate. The knight wrapped his arm around Ember; bracing for impact. And with haste, "!!" They plunged to the ground. His infinite stairs vanished as they violently crashed along the dirt. Coincidentally the rain was letting up, though for them that meant there wasn't any mud. Remi held Ember tight. They tumbled about for a long moment before finally sprawling out on the dirt. It was soft, but there were rocks and other pieces of nature on the ground. They received numerous cuts and bruises from the crash. On top of that, the knight was utterly exhausted. "H-hey..." he managed; turning his head in the direction Ember had landed. She faced him as well. "Call Naito...tell him...the mission was...a failure." With that the knight had reached his limit. His eyes had began to shut and the darkness consumed his vision. As he slipped out of consciousness, he could faintly hear Ember on her aliquam. He passed out; assured that they would make it home safely. The next time he awoke they were already back at Granate. He was in their hospital, being healed by a group of medic magi. Ember wasn't there, and neither was Eira, or Joanna. He didn't want to, but it was safe to assume those two were dead. Not long after he awoke Naito had come in the room. There was disapproval all over his face. And telling him that they had two more possible casualties wasn't helping. That raised Granate's list of missing comrades to four...at least four that Remi knew of. Though Naito didn't scold the knight as he expected. Maybe because he witnessed the affect it had on the boy. But in all honesty, Remi could see that there was something eating away at his Priest as well. Soon, he'd know what it was.

Remembering that had saddened him. He was relieved of his knightly duties for the time being, on behalf of all the injuries he endured. They healed him well but the High Priest didn't want him exerting himself. He slipped out of his bed and started his morning routine. Without his knightly duties, he honestly had nothing else to do. Once he got dressed he grabbed his aliquam ring; slipped it on his finger, then headed out the door. The day was progressing as usual. High Priestess Kozue had fit in well. Although there wasn't much she could do about the circumstances they were in. Lady Andradite had some pretty big shoes to fill, but what could they expect to do with a world in turmoil? I wonder if Ulrick's back yet. The last he was told; his friend had been deployed as leader of the rescue unit in Mazien. And that was two days ago. Walking through the residential area, he wondered what to put his on his agenda for the day. "Wait..." Then he remembered a certain someone. His pace sped up a bit as he made his way toward the coven dungeons. The cave-like entrance was guarded by two wardens. Walking toward them they gave the man the knight's solute, "Knight Remington, what brings you to the dungeons?" one asked. "Hey, guys. I'm looking for a prisoner under the name Naraku." The guards' expressions cringed. "You mean that damn cat?" one said, "Oh yeah, man that thing never shuts up." "So he's here?" The guards nodded, then stepped aside for him to enter. Remi smiled warmly, then walked between the two into the dungeons. The cells were pretty much empty except for the regulars. Remi remembered what cell Naraku was sentenced in, so he went straight there. Stepping in front of the cell he saw the feline; curled up in a ball of slumber. The knight couldn't help but chuckle at the sight. It was sort of an oxymoron when he thought about it. He didn't wanna disturb him, so he used his aliquam-ring to tap at the bars and wake him. "Hey, hey Naraku wake up... Can we talk?" he asked the fellow Veshtun.

Peacock Catastrophe

Okami_Lone_Wolf

ㄨCompany↘Ember, NarakuXXXXXXㄨLocation↘House Granate, DungeonsXXXXXXㄨTime↘Afternoon
                                                    H P:XXX95 / 100
                                                    M P:XXX100 / 100

Demonic Fatcat

10,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image

+++ ██████ Naraku Archangeli
。。。 This kitty is cursed 。。+++
+++ ───────────────────── Sidekick (Nilin's Brother)
Location⋮Granate Dungeon Cell +++Currently With⋮ Remington +++OOC⋮ I sincerely apologize for the length of this post

User Image+ HP: 100% +++User Image+ MP: 97% +++

+++ It had been two days, and the feline had gone without any new visitors, except the guards who would come around and place some food in his cell. They usually waited for him to be asleep to slip the food inside his cell, for fear of him attacking and escaping when they opened the slip on the door. The biggest disappointment in that fact was that he wasn't awake when they came by so he could have some conversation. Nothing for two days, just all by himself and to his own devices when it came to entertainment. He often wished they could at least give him something to play with. A toy, some string, or even just some mice. Despite truly being a human, he was still in the form of a cat, and suffered from natural cat instincts and tendencies, so a mouse was just something to roughly play with before squashing. How inhospitable were these people?

+++ The sound of something metal hitting the bars on the door immediately woke the male up, and in curiosity, he looked up and saw a guest standing there. Any hint of sleepiness was gone in an instant as Naraku climbed to all four paws. "Do you really need to ask me?" he replied. Moving a few feet towards the door, the feline then sat itself as it locked it's large blue eyes on the other male. "I've ben starting to think I would die down here without another word to a living being." he commented.

+++ Now he was getting antsy. The desire to run, stretch out his muscles and put them to use was starting to swell up, and it felt like he just couldn't stay still. It was unlikely that the pale haired guy was going to let him out. "But if you're going to talk, I would much rather prefer it if you came in here or took me out somewhere. I'm not very fond of speaking through a door." For someone in his situation, he really was a needy little thing.

"WHAT GREATER GIFT THAN THE LOVE OF A CAT.”

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Dr McGlock

Shuffled Ornament

15,375 Points
  • Amateur Decorator 50
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
User Image Swish! Swish!! Swish!!!

"You are swinging me too hard...." grumbled Regaltz.

"....."

Swish-swish-swish!!

"Please stop, you know how nauseous I get when you swing me too hard..." pleaded the sword.

"That's a lie, you don't have a stomach Regaltz!" Cress snapped back, anger and annoyance in his voice.

".....you are annoyed.....what is the matter Master?"

Cress stopped, wiping his brow with the hem of his sleeve he sighed. For two days, two whole days, he was stuck in this place. This Coven, this Hell. Simone fit in well, oh she had become so popular, Little Miss Brainwashed! Cress had become known as her little "Red Haired Pet". Always trailing behind her, wearing that annoying leash that hung from his neck. Over the two days he was only shocked a few times, Simone seemed to enjoy it too. There wasn't much going on since the mission had been "aborted." Seems like everyone had gotten out of the mess they fell into just fine.

Simone blended in well, she had become like a general to these soldiers here. Cress being pulled around not even really given the time of day. More like mocked really, all because he was kind. Soft-heartened. Apparently people in this Coven didn't like or care about love or kindness. No, it was all pain, and suffering, and who's better at showing more pain! Seriously, it was like a bunch of dogs fighting with each other trying to get the last bone to chew on! Cress felt so trapped so...

Helpless....

Made a mockery of who he really was, and what he fought for and believed in, even! Cress was so tired of always being seen this way. Ever since he stepped onto this continent there had been nothing but trouble!

Alone in the barracks, even for just a brief moment, Cress was venting his anger out at the wind and the training dummies that lived within.

"I hate my life sometimes." he stated to his sword shaking his head with disgust, "Why do so many people hate kindness? Why do they see it as weak? Pah! I'd rather have my kind heart than have one made of stone. What a life that must be huh?" he grumbled letting out a deep sigh of frustration.

"Honestly, I do not know if I have an answer for you Master Cresstus. You Mortals seem to be all the same to me truthfully. You all live and die, some of you try to cheat your deaths by trying to live for eons more, yet still end up dead eventually. Man will always seek power, they flock to it like it's some kind of beacon. That's what all these people here want, Master, Power." the sword replied softly, "We have been entangled with roots so thick I doubt we can just escape from them without some consequence. Perhaps you are annoyed with Miss Simone?"

"Yes actually. She's become so enamored with this life that...I don't think I can reach her anymore. Plus it doesn't help that, the flaming woman that's starting to hang around her more, is helping any either." he sighed again shaking his head with a look of defeat, "Every time I think I'm getting through, she just get's brought right back. Really I'm sick of it, this whole thing! We're supposed to find her sister! Though I'm starting to think her "sister" doesn't even exist. Regaltz, I've been played for a fool haven't I?"

Regaltz was silent for a moment until he let out a long sigh himself. "I do not think she was lieing about her sister, and I suspect she still wants to find her, though we have taken a bit of a...detour. A large detour..."

"Yeah probably, the old Simone seemed like the kind of woman who wouldn't lie to anyone. Still, why is it so hard to change her back? It's like her old self wants to be forgotten or something!"

".....Maybe she does....."

A bit shocked at Regaltz's words, Cress stared at his sword. A dumbfounded look upon his face. That's silly, no one wanted to forget who they were! That didn't seem logical!? Still...did she? Did Simone want to be forgotten...truly? Just that very thought broke his heart, she was a woman who held so much talent within her. He saw the potential in her, it was one of the reasons he liked her honestly.

"I do not know her past, nor can I read minds, but that is one possibility. Maybe she doesn't want to search for her sibling, but; instead live out her days in peace in this new home she's become accustomed to? Like I said...I do not know..probably Miss Simone would only know the real answer to that. Women are mysterious beings after all."

Cress pouted, "Tell me about it...still I can't abandon Simone. Nor will I ever, I'll endure whatever pain I have to until she wakes up from whatever's going on with her. She's my friend after all, plus I care about her. I watch her, she's so...unnatural and fake. I dunno...."

"Perhaps....you need to learn to accept her for who she is now? Maybe that is why you keep running into walls? Like it or not, this is a side to her. All you mortals have a light and dark side, some of you are more dark, while others are light. Then there are those, like yourself, who are caught in the middle. Neither light or dark...caught up with the shades of grey. Cress, I think it's time to wake up and realize that we aren't just fighting common thugs or monsters anymore. These people are dangerous. They are evil and wicked beyond measure, plus they have the power to back up their wickedness! Simone included! You may lose more than your head if you continue down the path you're walking..." Regaltz warned, his voice filled with concern..and slight fear.

Regaltz was never one to really be afraid of anything, but these people, the aura around this Coven, and just how things were run, scared him. What if Cress died? He would be forced into a hand who wanted nothing more than to kill for pleasure. That wasn't the kind of life the sword wanted after all. Sure he was a weapon, and a tool, but Cress respected him. The sword didn't want to lose his Master, nor the Human he had gotten to care about, his friend.

Cress stared at his sword then glanced up around the empty barracks. Thinking hard and deep for a moment he closed his eyes. "...you're right....this isn't a game anymore Regaltz. Or a small five day monster killing job worth a bit of gold, this...is reality. I've been lost in my own world for far too long. I'm sorry Regaltz, I've drug us both into a mess. This is all my fault."

"Nothing is your fault, fate just loves to toy with everyone. No matter what happens, though, whatever path you're dragged down, I am always here for you. We are friends, allies, together we should steel ourselves and persevere so we can see the light of the next morning. Something tells me, that there is a large occurrence stirring. One were we'll have roles to play. I'm sorry as well, like you I have gotten used to slaying monsters and going with the breeze. I think it's time to stand up for what we believe in and fight back...no?"

Cress chuckled giving his sword a nod. "Yes...it's time. To show these people what we're capable of!...and...how wrong it is to mess with us, our beliefs, and..our dreams!"

-------------------------------------------------------------
Where?: Fang Coven Barracks
With?: Regaltz
Feeling?: Determined, it's time to stand up for what we believe in!
HP: 100/100
EN: 50/100 (due to training a bit)

(OOC: I hope this post is fine. I tried, I've been out of the loop for a while and been busy with work so sorry if this doesn't stand out or to anyone's expectations. ^^; )

Beloved Genius

8,375 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
            User ImageUser Image

Two days. It took two days to get back to the Coven on foot with the group they had saved. They were traveling with originally Mika, however that man escaped even though without the scriptures that Marcus carefully sealed away. He had grew tired of the ranting from the book and it was annoying him to no end. Walking through the void and into Fang HQ, Marcus would notice a swarm of healers basically tackling them all to heal them. Nilin of course was on the top of their priorities, and Gabryel was another who was particularly really injured. The boy hadn't talked much since their journey and that worried the Knight being that he was always so talkative. When he finally spoke the Knight smiled briefly before going to approach him only to see someone flying down in front of Gabryel all too suddenly.

It was No Name it seemed, a witch in the Coven that didn't hold many memories however was quite the trickster in the coven. Her magic was beneficial in certain situations and not in others. It also seemed that the little witch didn't have much sensitivity to certain issues, due to her questions towards Gabby. Marcus decided that it was best not to intervene on the conversation though, he felt bad enough that he allowed the boy to be captured in the first place. He blamed himself for both Nilin's an Gabby's capture, he should have been more resilient. He should have fought harder to maintain his dominance over the fight. He should have killed all of those damn enforcers. Walking past the group, Marcus headed towards his own chambers in the inner court. He needed to rest. He was tired from all of the traveling and crazy battles and he needed some time to think about everything.

Thoughts -- Depressed - | - Magic/Health -- MP: 90/100 HP: 100/100 - | - with -- Fang Old and New
User ImageUser Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx↘↘x( Y o u ... A r e ... N o t ... I n v i t e d )
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx↘↘x( T o ... t h e ... O t h e r ... S i d e .... O f ... S a n i t y )

xxxxx↝↝ █████x█████x█████xxxxxxxxxIts A M a d W o r ld

Nightmares will come pouring out of Hell when the Devil gets desperate.

So close... Sooooooooooo Close. She can practically feel it.. Burning... Burrowing deep within her bottomless pit where her soul used to be.. He's coming.. He's almost here. And soon this world will have roads paved with broken bones of warriors who once fought so valiantly.. He will come and sit upon a throne of skulls, feasting upon the unborn fetus's of new mothers and wear their flesh like petty coats. From his bringing, blood will flow like wine through the homes of each and every being who so sins. And the damned will populate the new world. Let... Them.... Sin....

"They have... the key..."

Not a soul of which to be...

"Go my pet... Open this gate which keeps me locked away................. Let me into my kingdom...

Bright blue eyes opened within the midst of the darkness. The room was.. Pitch black. It was musky.. Damp.. A strange scent wafting about the air. Blinking a few times, the white haired woman in the strange robes stood up from the hardwood floor she had been meditating on. Slowly, she walked forward, opening the front door. As the light from outside poured in, the horrific scene behind the woman became visible. Blood.. Splatter from wall to wall and strewn about the three bodies that laid on the floor. The musk alone that wafted from the room as she opened the door was like a heat wave.

Stepping down the steps, she was barefooted and left behind bloody footprints on the wood. The door was left wide open. The bodies left on the ground were mutilated... The woman left laying on her stomach with her hand reaching out to the other two bodies that laid across from her. A massive hole was visible going right through her back and to the hardwood floor beneath her. Her fingers outstretched against the wood, extending towards the two tiny bodies that laid piled on top of each other. Children. One boy.. One girl.. One seven.. One five.. Such a ripe age for blood.. Their necks and wrists had been split and their skin was pale, having been drained of every last drop a child could possibly have. Their blood was smeared on every single wall. The wall to the right of them... Drawn in their blood was the Kingdom of Civok crest. On the wall to their left was the Kingdom of Maizen crest.. And on the floor was the Kingdom of Zhu Crest. Now... That might have been the end of it.. If one had not looked at the wall right in front of them. Strung up by his tendans, a male, hung by his ankles, dangled with his back against the wall.. And upon his bare chest, carved into his flesh were the House of Fang and House of Granate symbols..

And last but not least... To tie everything together, upon the ceiling of this bloody fiasco, a different crest was drawn in blood... One that no one else would be able to identify unless they knew who Syn was... But anyway, leaving her wonderful artwork behind, Sorrow stepped out into the dirt path. She would leave this as a message to the kingdoms.. No doubt whoever finds it will report it to the nearest kingdom.. Thankfully this itty bitty village was near fang so there were bound to be people coming through here eventually. Though it's sad to think they will never come to know the true artist.. It's hard to slaughter and entire village yourself and be able to take credit when theres a war waging on. But hey.. She let out some frustrations and managed to get some new word... So Fang has the fifth key... So close to letting their precious demon lord free.. Tee.. Hee....

Turning on her bloody heels, she started making way for Fang.. Time to pay the high priest a visit.

""

▄▄▄▄▄▄ .S o r r o w. _ .I s. _ .H e l d. _ .T h e. _ .O l d e s t. _ .C h i l d. _ .O f. _ . S i n. ▄▄▄▄▄▄
S O R R O W

FIGMENTS OF MY IMAGINATION ; The dead make good company.
EMOTIONS ARE FOR FEELING ; Exilerated
MY MIND IF LOST IN ; SPLAT! BIG FOUNTAINS OF BLOOD...
RETRACE MY FOOTSTEPS ; small village not far from Fang.

Wailing Lunatic

User Image
User Image

It had been a long two days and Diana wasn't sure how she had ended up in this situation. She knew what had happened, the blood still drying on her blade proved that she had been involved in this turn of events, but she shouldn't have been. Right now she should be back in her home dimension, and Nilin should be dead. She shouldn't have spent the last two days carrying the rogue Shaman, for miles on end as she and Nilin's group of minions traveled to god knows where for the past two days. To say the very least, Diana was tired, beyond tired really, exhausted, her shoulders were sore, and so was her back. But she could blame that on no one, but herself, her foolish commitment to the woman she was supposed to kill, and her own foolish stubborn protectiveness over her. She had refused to let anyone even touch Nilin on their trip.

It was that same protectiveness, that had caused Diana to prep herself for a fight, when upon reaching some cave she was rushed by a sea of men and women in white, her resistance was dropped however when she realized that these men and women were here to help and besides carrying the woman for the past two days there was not much that she could do for her, so Diana gave Nilin up and watched as she was carried away. For a brief moment she stood around awkwardly, not sure what to do. She wasn't sure of her surroundings or of how welcome she was in this new area. But after a moment of deliberation, she fell into step with the healers. Until they reached a medical ward where Nilin was placed in a bed, instantly being worked over as soon as her body hit the cot. From where Diana stood Nilin looked to be recovering fine, most of her damage had started to heal when her magic came back, so the most the healers really did was help rejuvenate her, before moving away to let rest and Nilin's natural flow of magic do the rest.

As the healers moved out Diana moved in, standing over Nilin, hovering, she slowly contemplated her options, now was her chance, Nilin was comatose and Diana was alone with her, and she still had her blade. Diana lifted the bloodstained weapon slightly, it would be so easy to end Nilin's life here and now, just one swipe and her life would be no more and Diana would disappear as quickly as she came. But alas. She couldn't do it, her grip tightened on the hilt of her weapon as she urged her arm to swing, to cleave and destroy, but she couldn't do it, she just couldn't bring herself to hurt Nilin. Instead Diana moved away from the cot, and set to using some of the materials in the ward to clean the blood from her blade. While she set herself to this task, she began to think of what she was setting herself up for by not killing Nilin.

She had no home to return too now, her place to live and her status were now forfeit because of her failure to execute orders. Diana let out a sigh, her blade now clean, and hanging from her hand by her side. She looked back over at Nilin's sleeping form and briefly wondered if she could make something work with Nilin, she wondered if they could go back to the way things were before Nilin was banished. it was wistful thinking, but it was the only thinking she could get her mind to focus on, as she pulled up a seat besides Nilin's cot, and leaned her elbows on to the bedding, she picked up Nilin's left hand, the graying limb that had been so revolting to her not too long ago, and clasped it within both of her hands, resting her forehead against the limp hand and closing her eyes. She hoped Nilin would wake up soon, they desperately needed to talk.

This was the path Diana was on now, but still in the back of her mind persisted one thought.
It was still not to late, for Diana to change her mind.

Location ☽ House of Fang medical War tab tab tab Company ☽ Nilin tab tab tab Mood ☽ Contemplative.

✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚ [HP:100%] tab tab tab ✖✖✖✖ [EN/MP: 40%]

Shy Sex Symbol

User Image

↘↘↘ The heavens above were covered by white fluffy clouds, blocking off the rays of a late afternoon sun. Simone's body was drenched in dirt, blood and sweat despite the kind coverage. Cress was no where near by while her katana and whip were thrown onto a nearby layer of grass. She curled her fingers in to form fists and stretched out her footing to balance out her stance. Her blue eyes locked onto the target in front of her, a muscular male mage with blue-ish purple-ish hair. Quentin. One of the wardens in Fang with a reputation of womanizing and gossiping as frequently as a naiive schoolgirl. His sword and staff laid adjacent to Simone's weapons on the earth. Their line of vision aligned and worked as a catalyst for their burst of energy. Two bodies slamming into one another at break neck speed and hurdling to the ground. Their impact caused a large thud and the crowd went wild. The eastern corner of Fang's Residential Town exploded into a cry of cheers and applause. This display of two mages setting aside their magic and weapons to spar in the middle of the street set off a crowd who rather bask in the entertainment than trouble their minds over the outside stresses. The volume of the crowd's enthusiasm escalated as Simone and Quentin's dance shifted to a barrage of punches and kicks. The fang viewer's minds hit a temporary pause away from the news of the continent wide war and instead focused on the match before them.

"Aw c'mon Quentin is that all you got?" A sly smirk spread across the the dark haired mage's face. Bruised patches of purple and blue formed over her left shoulder as she wiped off her own blood from her forehead. She rolled to the side and bounced up to create space between them again.

"Listen woman, when I win this fight you'll owe me a date and then some!" Quentin pushed himself up from the ground, his grey-blue eyes sparkling flirtatiously at his opponent. This earned Quentin an angry look followed by a back breaking tackle into a nearby wooden cart filled with watermelons. ' My watermelons! ' Someone cried from the crowd but the two were lost in battle, unable to attend to the owner's displeasure.

Only two days within the coven and Simone had earned her place as one of them. It helped that the High Priest himself welcomed her with open arms and announced her allegiance with them. High Priest Reginald had promised Simone more power and strength to save her sister Estella from Zhu's clutches and his delivery did not fail. Simone could feel the surge of power within her veins, but unknowingly it also twisted her heart, her soul, and her memories. The true Simone Mesa, adopted daughter of Lady Garnet Andradite and loyal House Granate mage was now buried underneath a dark spell. A dark spell that made Simone hungry for violence, thirsty for blood and hateful of all things House Granate. It's spell physically apparent through the red tendrils of lines that branched out throughout Simone's eyes but they are so miniscule that the naked eye would not be able to pick up. Would anyone else be able to catch the fine details? Who knew. Simone abused her powers several times in the past two days, using the whip High Priest Reginald gave her to beat her friend Cress into submission. Every lash sent waves of zaps and electricity to Cress' collar, shutting him up any time he spoke about anything Simone didn't agree with. The two were supposed to enter Zhu together to aid Knight Virgil and Knight Marcus on their mission but alas plans changed and evidently a war between the three kingdoms was decreed that halted other plans and missions related to the coven.

The watermelons rolled off the demolished cart as Simone and Quentin wrestled their way out of the splinters, black seeds and red pulp. Simone raised her fist to land the finishing blow when the crowd suddenly let out a gasp and cry in unison. Alarmed, Simone and Quentin jumped up to their feet and ran over to their weapons. ' High Priestess Nilin is back! Did you hear?! She was captured in Zhu but our Knights and mages rescued her! ' ' She's been sent to the medical unit, her condition isn't good! ' ' Let's grab flowers for her and the mages who rescued her ' - Gossip spread like wildfire as the crowd began to disperse in a flurry of talk and commotion. Quentin and Simone gave each other a quick glance and nod before rushing towards Mount Reine. ' Does this mean Virgil is back too? I didn't hear anyone mention his name... ' Simone worriedly thought to herself as she ran up the path with Quentin several paces behind her. Their sparring match had taken a toll on her speed but her mind was set on finding Virgil first.

Simone crashed through the entrance of Mount Reine and sped through the cave-like corridors, even passing by Cress training with Regaltz. She managed to wave at him but didn't stop to talk just yet. ' Where is he...where is he?! What if something happened to him in Zhu?! ' Her own thoughts made her feel more and more panicked. If High Priestess Nilin was in a bad condition then what of the mages that were with her? Turning a corner, Simone turned too sharply and ran straight into another mage with long black hair tied into a low pony tail. Simone looked up into the mage with the two-toned colored eyes which caught her even more off guard. Their collision caused a large book to fly up into the air and land dead on the top of her head, it startled her but she managed to catch the Roman Scriptures before it landed on the ground. Her blue eyes inspected the cover of the book. She didn't bother to flip through it and instead glared over at the mage. Why the hell was he carrying this rock around? It was heavy enough to be a damn human corpse.

"OW! Damn thing. What is this anyway? Your book of sex positions? It's so heavy! You should be more careful with this thing!" Simone blurted out angrily at the mage infront of her and waved the Roman Scriptures carelessly at him.

↙↙↙

User ImageHouse FangUser ImageFANGER BANGER FASHIONUser ImageMarcus, Ashleigh
User Image"Watch me take a word and turn it into magic!"User ImageHP: ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉67% xMP: ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉ 100%

Lavish Associate

8,500 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

HP 100/100xxxxxxxxxxx
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

MP 100/100xxxxxxxxxxx
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

User Image

TWO DAYS AGO
                                    U
                                    lrick had not been prepared for this. This woman known as Tarien whom walked around and spoke so formally; eyes a vibrant emerald compared to his own. He had asked what gave her the power to see his mother whom shattered in to thousands of crystals right before his eyes; not a day ago, what gave her the power to connect all within their rescue party; himself, Lestor Estravis, Nova and Larus Cervantes, and Vikar the Bull, through the telepathic power of Mei Lun Lalaurie or "Silence".

Simply put; a question of who or what the hell she was.

"Who or what, Exactly?" she had grinned slyly, running her tongue along her teeth. "I suppose you really should know, if you are to lead me." The glimmering green eyes looked to the trinket on his belt. "What a clever little device," she said. It was the one which enabled him to see into the powers of those around him; an expensive device that required the blood of the user. Ulrick looked at it himself with some skepticism, before looking back at her expectantly.

"Forgeborn," she continued, "it can answer the what for me." She had brought a finger to her supple lips, a fang lengthening before his eyes, as she pressed the pad of a finger to the sharp point. She turned her hand so he could see the prismatic ruby drop rising, and it was the first sign that something strange was about to happen-to put it lightly. Leaning into him, she drew a small pentagram on the device, over his own blood. Ulrick looked at what she drew, unable to read the mark.

"The problem with magic such as this, is that the primal forces that gave me life run so much deeper than the threads humans are able to touch," she said. The little star drawn, she looked up into his darker emerald glare, "Now, look upon me again. See as I see, as I answer the who." Stifling a giggle, she introduced herself, "I have ever been, and shall ever be, Tarien Don'Nodel. Broodmother of the Sajinni, the dragons of life. I am also known as the Lady of Creation, but I prefer to just be called Tarien."

Her little introduction seemed to fade in to the background as Urlick's eyes with the same seal she had drawn could see things he had only read about it in books. The theory that there were infinitesimal threads that connected to everyone, some attached to others, and this was no other. The threads were only the second thing he noted, as an immense white dragon with glimmering scales came before his eyes in place of Tarien. It was as she said; her true form. She was life. A dragon of life that could connect it as she saw fit-but not just any dragon-she was the Broodmother, and all their threads, she could see them, and now he could too. Ulrick staggered backwards, but kept some pride in not falling on his a**.

This was unbelievable...Ulrick had a lot of questions to ask, and he shook his head as he tried to organize his thoughts. She was called here by High Priestess Garnet-of course! The key-one of the keys is a dragon's lungs. So she wants to get them back from Fang, but damn, that's just another ulterior motive to worry about, he sighed to himself, thinking of the half-giant Vikar who wanted to free his people...errr giants...errr half-giants. Whatever. And Lestor who wanted to save his own arse, but also do something to go against Fang, apparently..

Ulrick blinked his eyes to turn off the devices power from the confusion of all the threads of life; it was a hell of a lot more than necromancers could see, just as the Lady Tarien has said.

The said lady was giving him one hell-of-a saucy little grin. She leaned forward with her arms clasped behind her since he'd miraculously remained standing, and asked in a playful voice, "Still think I was doomed to die?"

Ulrick stared at her with her irritation as he was reminded of the speech he had given about how they all would probably die. Well no s**t that the Broodmother dragon-thingy of life would live. If she could they would all be screwed.

"Don't need to be a smartass about it," he muttered, then looked around him at the confused faces. "Ok, so it's just as she said. She has super-immortal powers. So she will create the link so are minds are connected, and as we journey..." he paused, looking Tarien straight in the eyes. "You must help my mother."

++++++++

That evening, Ulrick and the party started their journey to Fang's Headquarters while doing well to keep under the radar from anyone, including townspeople. Those he sent ahead to scout were Larus and Nova, to give them time for some family bonding, and so Ulrick could monitor their interactions more closely. Silence would go and get them food from the towns; having never been to Maizen, and due to her more fragile appearance, she would be the least suspected of being a mage. Meanwhile their party remained outdoors, in the woods.

Ulrick was taking extra precautions, considering they had received news that Fang had a party on its way home with the scriptures; if they had escaped Zhu without getting killed. That, and of the small party that went to Zhu from Granate, only a witch and Remington Tsuru, Ulrick's friend and partner, had made it home alive.

Ulrick's main focus was how they could infiltrate Fang without being detected. That night he had spoke specifically to Vikar and Lestor about the alternatives to the main entrance into headquarters. With their knowledge of these entrances, getting in seemed of little concern, but raising no alarms was the problem; especially considering the amount of people in their group; 7, including himself- not even speaking through thoughts would cover Vikar's immense size and thunderous gate.

Ulrick thought he could separate the groups and have them come in through two different directions, but it would be hard to have them navigate through the headquarters knowing where the other group was. Lestor knew the lay out better than Vikar, so Vikar's group could get lost. And although he hides it, I know he wants to save his half-giant brethren...and the dragon lady probably wants the key of a dragon's lungs or revenge...Stealing a key would be excellent but it would be difficult; life dragon on our side or not....but the half-giants...

Ulrick spoke with Vikar and learned more about the enslaved half-giants. They had a bond with wraiths, and Vikar's had been severed by Joanna, a knight of Granate whom had been a necromancer. Vikar did not know how exactly, only that she had seen something and formed her fingers and cut something...It was then that it hit Ulrick; threads. The threads some necromancers could see. Tarien and Ulrick could see them, but then Nova would as well, since he could see his mother; someone whom was dead. The wraiths would not die, but be weaker, and not able to control the half-giants once the thread was severed. The wraiths themselves were things of the shadows; beings which Larus, Nova's father, would be able to handle easily.

Where was Ulrick going with this?

Well, a distraction to put it simply. It was where their party would split. Nova, Larus, and Vikar would free the half-giants and start a rebellion. And with how big they were, it would attract most all of Fang's attention. However, Ulrick did not want to just free them, but save their endangered race.

That is where another device of the metal mage's devices came in; one that allowed a conjurer like himself to summon someone like the teleportation mage who would have sent Ulrick to Zhu to kick Remi's a** for going without him. Ulrick had planted a matching device, to make the transport of the mage possible, yet it took a lot of Ulrick's mana to do so, as conjuror's were only able to summon creatures or objects nearby with little cost depending; on the size and will of the creature. The transportation mage had not wanted to be summoned initially, but got over it at the prospect of being part of such a dangerous and important mission....ok so he was a little freaked out, but a few threats and claims that Kozue ordered him to help out, and the guy couldn't say anything.

Their pace was slowed quite dramatically as talk of war reached their ears, and as if they had not laid low enough, they had to keep a lower profile to avoid the mostly elven soldiers of Maizen.

It really threw Ulrick for a loop at the declaration of war so soon, at a time like this. Everyone in the party was quite discouraged to say the least, and they had to resort to hunting in the woods for food. The positive was seeing Tarien strip naked to turn in to a hunting cat. ANYWAYS avoiding the soldiers was difficult without killing them or knocking them out and making Civok look even worse. Not only that, but Ulrick was determined to have their party invisible from the whole of Maizen, however much it slowed their pace.

+++++++++++

ONE DAY AGO

It didn't take long for Ulrick to recover from conjuring the mage, but for Tarien it did as she helped him make the summon. While she recovered her mana, Ulrick used his aliquam to inform High Priestess Kozue of his plans, ix-nay on the bullshit orders to the transportation mage. She seemed doubtful that they could save all of them with so few of his group, and so Ulrick asked if she would send Remi and any others to help with the half-giant rebellion the next day, if they were up to it.

With the distraction planned, Ulrick spoke more in depth with Lestor, Tarien, and Silence about how they would go about rescuing Simone in the meantime. Lestor was in charge of them getting in, Silence would be in charge of keeping them all silent of course and unnoticed, while Tarien and himself would take care of the guards. All of their skills were being used and put to the test. Everyone was important.

They got to Maizen that afternoon, and Larus was sent to scout around, while the rest of them trained and practiced with the mind-link Tarien had connected them with.

That evening, Tarien had fully healed his mother's spirit and when she connected it, Ulrick could see his mother, however they could not speak. The broodmother told Ulrick that when they returned to Granate...if they did, she would restore his mother's body.

Larus returned with nothing special to report except for the positions of soldiers of the war. Ulrick decided to have them rest instead of attacking at night, knowing well that the peaceful holiday of Thrash was on the morrow. Fang would expect them to not attack on that day. They would not expect them to attack in the afternoon either.

+++++++++

TODAY

By the afternoon, the party was prepared for their infiltration, but no word of any back-up from Granate came from Kozue. Ulrick knew they could not wait any longer. They waited impatiently in the woods for Larus to return with news of what was going on outside of Fang Headquarters.

As they waited, Ulrick could sense some nerves coming from some, even after the training had been successful. The metal mage looked to the ghostly specter of his mother and she seemed to beckon him to say something. Ulrick wasn't one to shine apples, and he had some freaking out over his first speech. After sighing softly to himself, he stood and spoke.

"Ok, everyone, listen up. This is the day we've been waiting for. After working with you all, I have more confidence in all of your abilities," he said a little reluctantly, and paused a moment with a special eye to Lestor. "Just stick with the plan, and contact me if anything goes wrong through thought. As I said before, Nova, Vikar. You need to wait for my signal before you start freeing our large friend's kinsmen, however, if you get spotted beforehand you're free to start the rebellion..."

Location: Near House Fang Headquarters hiding in the woods
                                    Mood/State: Ready for action
                                    Appearance: [x]
                                    Current Weapon Staff- Looks like it is cracked all over (see weapons section of profile for more details).
                                    Theme Song: Chrome- Music Junkies

(( ))

Lady Tarien's Waifu

Divine Heckler

17,100 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
                          User Image

User Image
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭

Reckless and weary,
The truth has been buried,
Held down by the hand,
That refuses to carry.
The burden you built,
The lies, do you hear me?
The insult, the white flag,
You refuse to carry.

Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO

A hand gripped onto the snowy haired fae’s tanned hand. Then she felt her bare feet lift off the cool, wet stone and onto more. It seemed like infinite stairs as they just climbed upwards into a gapped hole in the floor. Soft, gentle snowflakes touched her warm skin like butterfly kisses. It made her smile a bit, but her smile faded at the last statement her other snowy haired partner had said before the hole was sealed. Ember’s face saddened at the thought, it would be the last time she would hear the sweet voice of Eira. Ember respected the girl, the two weren’t close but she got to know the mage. To Ember, everyone in Granate Coven was her family. The only family she had left in the world. Losing members, was like losing a piece of her. And she hated it. Salted water fell from her eyes, she used the back of her free hand to wipe them away. Attention was brought to her when Remi’s voice broke through her thoughts. ”Ember I’m running low on mana, look for a spot for us to land.” He said with a stern voice. She used her magic to speak with a few animals below in the city. She contacted a rabbit and it used it’s vision to show her an open area that was also secluded for them to land. ”There, that is the only open area and it’s secluded. Enough for us to be able to return back to HQ.” She stated as she pointed towards the spot. Once she felt Remi head in that direction, he spoke once more. ”Wait….over there. See that, it’s Joanna.” He said, Ember made a bit of a face, ”If I could see yes Remi, but yeah I can hear her. We need to get to her.” She said. He agreed though she could feel his hand grip her tighter. ”s**t, Ember I don’t know how much longer I can go.” Just a little longer Remi, you can do it.” Ember encouraged, then in an instant his arm wrapped around her and she felt the infinite stairs dissipate. In a next moment she felt their bodies collide with the earth under them. They skid to a halt, the mud that was once there had dried and became hard to the touch. Scrapes and cuts sliced her skin as they tumbled, but Remi didn’t let her go. Once they came to a stop Remi had turned to her and she could feel his eyes on her. Her face turned towards him. Her electric purple eyes looked to where his would be. She nodded and reached for her quammie. ”Naito….we failed the mission. Request to be teleported back.” She said and then lay relaxed at his side. She felt guilty that they failed. But there wasn’t much left they could do. Not long after she could feel her body being teleported, along with her passed out partner. She stayed with him for a while, once he was in the infirmary. Though she was told to leave and get rest herself.

The next couple of days after she got her rest, footsteps could be heard coming towards her door. Before the person could lift a fist to knock, she spoke allowing the boy to open the door. ”I have been instructed by Mordred to give this to you.” The messenger boy said and she took the envelop from him. Opened it and it became to speak to her, at least he did research and found out she was blind. So he had used some mana to use Braille. She smiled at his attempt to really show his research on her. While she listened to the message, Ember got ready to head to lake. She wore a simple outfit. That fit well on her. Showing her curves, yes. Though it was nice as well. Elegant? Maybe? She wasn’t sure. ”Thank you for the delivery. Here you go.” She said to the boy with a smile and reached into the small bag on her hip and gave him 50 silver. She stepped out and patted the boy’s head as she did so. Shut her door and walked towards the lake.

Ember had been instructed by Kozue that she would be going on a mission to Civok. To retrieve information on Prince Alecion’s whereabouts and to gather Intel on exactly what was going on between Civok and Zhu. The newly crowned high priestess had gained Ember’s respect automatically. The woman had spoke in a serious but strong tone. Proved to Ember she would make a good High Priestess in place of Garnet till the medi magi figured out why she wouldn’t awaken from her coma. Ember was told she would be going with Mordred. An ex-military that would be leading the mission.

Jumping back to reality Ember slowly walked down the hallway and pulled out her aliquam and contacted Mordred. ”Mordred, this is Ember. I am headed towards the lake now. Be there as soon as I can.”

"Ah Lady Ember, theres been a Emergency. Someone unauthorized is getting theough our coven security. Not to worry High Prist Natio is handling it. Ill be there shortly. Im at work so Ill send the rest later."

While on her walk to the lake, Ember realized she had forgotten about her spear. Turned on heel and doubled back to her dorm in order to grab it. So she would probably be a bit late in meeting up with Mordred, hopefully he didn’t mind. From what the letter said he seemed to be a very punctual male and always preferred people to be on time or early to their duty. Once she retrieved her weapon she continued onto the lake though hurried her pace to meet up with Mordred.

Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO

I'm letting you go,
And all that you showed me.
I'm letting you know,
That you don't control me.
The feeling is cold,
And life is unfolding.
Reckless and weary,
I'm desperately holding on.

Erase My Scars :: Evans Blue.

Mood:: Calm -> Patient
With:: Messenger boy -> Alone