Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magic Kitten

14,590 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
User Image
Keket absently played with the string of her bag of bones as Luna talked, as she needed something to do with her hands, and she no longer had a cat to pet. Her friends suggestion that she was simply more mature was a plausible one, but she wasn't satisfied with the explanation. "Do I really look so different that everyone in the coven needs to point it out?" Of course, she was exaggerating, but the tone of frustration in her voice was real. "Older, more experienced..." she reiterated pieces of Luna's reasoning, humming thoughtfully and looking past the other girl, though staring at nothing in particular. If every individual in Fang had truly pointed out her change in appearance, Keket definitely would have killed someone by now. Normally, she adored attention, but the looks on the faces of those who questioned her lacked the praise that she yearned for.

When Luna mentioned her skin reserves running low, Keket perked, glancing up at her friend to lock eyes with her. "I had two bodies, with bones and most of their skin intact, but Diana didn't let me bring them back." As she spoke, her face fell again, and her eyes filled with a mixture of disappointment and childish temper. "I wish you could've been there, it was great fun." Keket had enjoyed her time with Nilin, though she sulked for a bit after Diana chose to leave them. For the duration of the time that she had been there, however, she had been a good source of entertainment. Remembering the treasure that she had found on the trip, Keket fetched the spoon from her pocket and showed it off to Luna. "I found this in the river, I'm quite fond of the design on the handle. My companions didn't appreciate it as much as I did, but I think it will make a great addition to my collection of things."

Keket caught Luna's smirk, and her eyes followed Naraku's fleeing form briefly before she replaced the spoon into her pocket and returned her attention to Luna. "Any sort of fool that would challenge you is clearly a fool that deserved whatever punishment you gave him." She wished that she could have seen the fools downfall and Luna's obvious victory. In all the time that they had known each other, Keket had never seen her lose. "I think you are right, my friend, our clouds are dimming." In the past, some spirits had told her that she did indeed have a frightening aura, and the words had always brought a smile to her face. Being feared was a very satisfying feeling, one she had grown to miss in the time that she seemed to be so lax with her cloud.

Mimicking her friends grin, Keket nodded, her hands snaking down into her pockets to toy with one of the bones she had left inside of it. "Yes, let's find ourselves some entertainment before I turn some poor warden into my next victim."

tab tab tab tab tab tab ( Mana: 100/100 | Health: 70/100 | Bloodlust: 90/100 )
tab tab tab tab tab ( Company: Luna | Location: Fang | Mood: Excited )

Ecchi Pantsu

Shy Sex Symbol

User Image

User Image
Hear ye, hear ye, Covenites one and all!

Since the calendar has flipped over to June as part of time’s relentless march, it’s time to start considering the return to the main thread of Coven. For some of you, that means putting aside the side project we’ve tried our best to make as entertaining for you as possible. For others, it means returning to the fold and getting ready for what comes next in the main story.

A N N O U N C E M E N T # O1 : COVEN CHAPTER 3

✪ Though we originally planned on finishing Chapter 2, the sheer inactivity of over half the rpers when the thread went on hiatus combined with people who have dropped since the hiatus means that it is not really a viable option to ask everyone to finish out the Tigru arc; especially when they have to contend with the inactivity of other characters or a stranded character with no easy interactions. In the interest of those who are stranded and to help introduce new characters and rpers (the latter of which we’ll hopefully get to shore up our numbers!), when Koko is back and fully active near the end of the month, we are moving straight into Chapter 3. The timeskip between chapters 2 and 3 will be 3 weeks, so there is plenty to think about. Speaking of which:

A N N O U N C E M E N T # O2 : COVEN CHAPTER 2 BRIEF OPENING

✪ We know that the skip is a long one and that not everyone was lost or too busy to post during the Tigru arc. Special shoutout to Team Silent – Kuji, Blue, and Lovely – who made impressive and timely posts during the entire Tigru arc. In deference to them and to any of our Coven family who want to tie up loose ends, we are reopening Coven Chapter 2 until Chapter 3 is ready to go. This isn’t for kicks or messing around, the intention is to allow team silent or any other characters to finish up their business within 1 week of rp time so we can have the main event ended before going into Chapter 3.

A N N O U N C E M E N T # O3 : PHASING OUT RM

✪ The main purpose of Red Memories was to try and keep covenites active and posting during Koko’s absence, especially in light of the fact that the main thread was on the downswing in terms of posting rates. SoL and Priestess would like to apologize for RM not being as engaging or active as we’d hoped, but we do hope that you’ve all enjoyed playing in the past while you could. RM will technically still be open until Chapter 3, but the priority is and always will be the main thread, so it’s probably not going to get much father, plotwise. Because we couldn’t finish the plots, Priestess and SoL will put out a summary of the important events for RM, so you will know what happened. Those of you who want to bring characters from RM forward are encouraged to do so, but we’d like you to really take this time and think about what they would have done during the 8 year gap between RM and the main rp, and what events (related to the plot, esp) have had a bearing on their growth as warriors and people during the veeery long skip from RM to Ch 3.

A N N O U N C E M E N T # O4 : IF YOU DIDN'T READ ANY OF THE OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS, READ THIS ONE

✪ Head Count: We need a general count of all the characters and rpers who are going to continue to chapter 3. This is a prime opportunity to get rid of/substitute a character if your interest for a coven character is waning. Below are two lists, one of confirmed returning rpers and their character list as we know it. Here's your chance to CLARIFY! If you are either not returning or not returning with the characters listed, you need to drop COVEN BOT a PM (or just quote here if you want) telling us your plans.

✪ Confirmed Returning Rpers (characters subject to be confirmed)

Koko the Boss: Simone, Alecion, Kozue, Vivian
        Priestess of Athena: Reginald, Mavericks [Taking over for plot reasons]
        Satellite O Love: Gabryel, Larus, Rodya, Valentine [tentative, plots in progress] – eventually Zerachiel [will replace Valentine after plots]
        Peacock Catastrophe: Naraku, Minerva, Cana
        Ecchi Pantsu: Jakkya, Luna (?), Sienna [ADDED]
        Grrrr the Gur: Meliai
        Lady Tarien: Trystan, Vesper, Gideon [to be added with Zerachiel]
        Blue Voltaire: Yurizhan
        IILovelyAmaranthII: Mordred, Aaren, Celeste
        Magical Girl Kippy: Seth, Keket, Persephone [ADDED]
        Amore Rosea: Brynhildr, Titania [BOTH ADDED]

✪ Unconfirmed Rpers (means I haven’t heard from you about Coven, not that we think all these people are leaving)

The Fae Consort: Rene
        Chilled Chai Tea: Nilin, Mikahail
        Tigerx81: Virgil
        Okami_Kurisutaru: Ember, Axtin
        Saturn Midnight: Ulrick, Seraphina

!!! To everyone on the list above, if we don’t hear you by mid-month (June 15), we will assume you’re bowing out of the RP and remove your characters !!!

✪ Again,
      (1) If you are not returning (or want to return but won’t be able to make the Chapter 3 debut in June/July)
      (2) If you want to get rid of or substitute any characters on your plate,
      (3) If you have considered dropping a character but are attempting to push yourself because you don’t want him/her to die, we are more than willing to be reasonable and allow you to NPC the character and send them off non-violently.
      For all of the above,
      You must let Priestess or SoL know (or Koko).

✪ What Should I do, O' Bottiest of Bots?
      I'm glad you asked! First off, if you haven't responded or have an issue with adding/subtracting characters, you need to let us know. For those of you who have done that, it'll depend on where you are and what you've been doing since May.

✪ Unfinished Chapter 2 Business:
      If you are one of a few rpers who were having a grand old time with the Tigru missions, you need to be working on closing out Chapter 2. Team Silent has magnanimously offered to get the Tigru finding out of the way, and we've got at least one volunteer to be the titular Tigru. We have confirmed from those RPers that they will be ending Chapter 2, but if you have unfinished business or some tantalizing plot threads to tie up, feel free to do so. You may skip as you please as long as you leap no farther than a week in rp time. If you were left in a lurch by an absent rper who will not be back or who is waiting for Chapter 3, you are not required to post.

✪ RM Players:
      Since those who are returning to Chapter 2 overlap with those who participated in RM, we are not going to really be moving the plot forward the same way we'd intended before the issue of closing out Chapter 2 came up. To those of you whose characters are not yet in the main RP, you may post their finishing business (though I'd suggest sending SoL a pm before you get too far ahead to get the general idea of how it ends) or play around in that sandbox as it stands until we're ready to transition to Chapter 3. Again, I thank everyone who participated in Red Memories and hope that it was at least a semi-interesting way to spend the time while Koko was away and Coven took a little nap. You also have your work cut out for you if you're trying to transition an RM character into the plot 8 years later. We suggest taking this time to really plot and get caught up on the main events in Coven so that you can figure out how your character would have reacted. ALSO, IF YOU ARE TAKING A CHARACTER FROM RM TO CH 3, YOU NEED TO MAKE A NEW PROFILE/STAT SHEET REFLECTING THE DIFFERENCES. This doesn't have to be labor intensive, just copy/pasting for the most party, but if their skills have changed or any major events have shaped their lives, those will need to be added (and the obvious, which is that they will be 8 years older).

✪ Everyone:
      Every RPer needs to be thinking what happened between the 2 or 3 week gap (depending on how long the group closing out Chapter 2 takes as that could be anywhere from a few days to a week) that happens at the end of Chapter 2 and the main event in Chapter 3. Since we need Koko to really decide on how far the plot has progressed in those 3 weeks, you obviously can't write out a whole treatise on what any given character did during that time yet. We'll get together as soon as we can and post an idea of the major events that would affect each coven or "other" character so you may truly plan out your characters' activities. I'm fairly certain my controlling mods have been talking about asking rpers to post at least a brief list of the major arcs your characters have participated in during Coven for reference, so that's something to think about as well (it would go in their profiles).

We know that was a lot of information to absorb, but please do not hesitate to send questions/comments/concerns our way.

The Fae Consort

Koko the Boss

Priestess of Athena

Satellite O Love

Lady Tarien

IILovelyAmarathII

Magical Girl Kippy

Amore Rosea

Peacock Catastrophe

Ecchi Pantsu

Chilled Chai Tea

Tigerx81

Okami_Kurisutaru

Saturn Midnight

Grrrr the Gur

Blue Voltaire

Kawaii Werewolf

User Image
User Image

Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO

xxxxxDrunk giggles escaped the lips of Ember and Cana while the guards had carried them into the room, disturbed the Princes' meeting and left hurridly with pink flushed cheeks. Ember and Cana got to mess with the guards as they had been carried it. The guard that had Ember, held her in a piggy back which she made little notes like "Touching my butt must feel good" or "are my panties visible?". The poor men had been taken by surprised by the females. As soon as the women stood as firmly as they could on their feet, Tzyr glanced in their direction and quickly retreated from the room. He might still have been upset to know Cana was an elf, and now they didn't give a good impression as they were wasted.

xxxxxEmber had looked in the direction Tzyr went then to the other two Princes' that bravely approached them. Immediately her attention was drawn to Alecion, back to when they had kissed. The thoughts of their kiss made a sensation wash over her, it was warm and tingly. A feeling Ember has never experienced before in her life. It caused her cheeks to flush a brighter pink. Ember closed the space between herself and the lycan prince, her cloudy purple eyes looked to where his were, her hand slid up his shirt to his abdomen, "Doooo *hic* you think I couuuuld get *hic* anuuder taste?" The snowy haired mage asked, referred back to their kiss the day before. Ember added a slight bite to her lip, which turned into a smile.

xxxxxAnd with that her free hand spanked the lycan and she busted out into giggles. The mage laughed so hard she stumbled to the floor and had to be helped up. "Water? Pfftt...I dooon't neeed water, the only thinnnggg I need is to lie down....with you~" Ember slurred with another flirty smile, but no matter how much she tried, Prince Alecion seemed to ignore her little banters. In turn it put a frown upon her face, she only wanted to get closer to the man she began to fall in love with. Seth abided to Prince Alecion's request to help her but after only several steps did he have to divert towards Cana. Seth offered Alecion an apologetic smile before aiding Ember's cousin in sending her to her separate sleeping quarters.

xxxxxOnce they got to her quarters, the lycan prince helped her get into bed to rest. Her head rested heavily against the down pillow. Alecion sat on the edge of the bed, said goodnight and got up to leave. He seemed to have a lot on his mind after the meeting with Zhu's and Maizen's princes. Before he could create a large gap, the mage stopped him in his tracks by grabbing his hand. His body visibly stiffened but he tilted his head downward to pay her due attention. "Can...can you please *hic* stay with me?" She asked innocently, the mage was beginning to get herself slowly back together. "I don't want to *hic* be alone..." The mage admitted, as she sat up in bed. "I am sorry...for *hic* ruining the meeting."

xxxxx Alecion nodded his head, knowing that Ember couldn't see, as he folded his free hand over her grip. " I can stay until you fall asleep, Lady Ember, " his voice was soothing yet firm. While Alecion may have wanted to stay longer than that, he knew he had a lot of work to do. Throughout the night the prince still needed to relay more messages to his father, King of Civok. As well as to research with Seth in his library for protective measures to prepare for a worse case scenario. Even if Alecion put his faith into Granate, he was a realistic man that always planned for every situation. The Civok prince bowed his head politely and positioned himself next to her on the bed, his back against the head board and long legs stretched out. He chuckled at her slurred words," Time is of the essence... but I suppose the interruption gives us more time to process our thoughts. Try to rest for now. " Ember gently placed her head against his shoulder and closed her eyes, after a few breaths in and out; the blind mage fell asleep on him.

Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO Oº°‘¨ ¨‘°ºO

Mood:: Sleepy tab Location:: Her Quarters tab With:: Prince Alecion

Hp:: 65/100% tab tab Mana:: 100/100%

OOC: In response to chapter 2! Chapter 3 is not open yet!
User Image

Ice-Cold Consumer

User Image

AAREN POV || STATUS: [100HP/100MP]
◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥

Outside the cave of Mountain Raine, Aaren spent a week climbing the mountains outside, each day he would spend a good two or three hours every morning before dawn, reaching the wide plateau part of the mountain. Not too many mages went up this far as they didn’t have the stamina for it. As he reached the area that was surrounded by a set rocks and boulders of all sorts of sizes. This where he self-taught himself how to carve into the rocks through the heat pressure of his own flames. A way to control his own flames. Through knowing how much heat pressure or how little of it, and the temperature for the flames. Weather or not to keep them at bay or spreading. A boulder that had a jagged edge in the shape of a triangle, it wasn’t perfectly round, but this was exactly the young mage had wanted.

He was going to carve around it with his flames until it was round. Oceanic eyes examined the boulder with a strong sense of determination. A firm hand ran through short raven locks of hair as he studied it intently. Taking a deep breath, he placed his hands on the rock, he decided to move his in a counter clockwise motion, and thus producing swirls of blue flame. The spinning motion he had made with his hand was a bit too fast thus, the swirls of blue flames spreading in which wasn’t Aaren’s goal at all. He didn’t let himself get frustrated, instead he did he moved the flames back with right hand, but he couldn’t contain the other half of the swirls of flames, and the blue flames dissipated in an instant, in which lead him to taking a deep sigh.

He heard the sound a laughter echoing from behind him. It was her usual carefree laugh, that got him to arc his neck upwards his oceanic eyes narrowing in on the long, lanky, legged woman who was miraculously able to hike in high heels. Smirking a bit at the snow white haired woman he questioned “You laugh at anything don’t you Nilin.” The woman walked closer to him and placed her small hands on his tense shoulders. She whispered to him saying “You can’t get anywhere with being so tense you know. Loosen up those muscles a little.” Nilin glided her soft fingers across his back, in which had the reverse effect for Aaren.

His back tensing up even more with her touch. He said back to her “It’s easier said than done.” In which she started up laughing once more, and then giving him some space saying “Not everything is about control or stability Aaren, it’s also about fluidity of it all. Fire works the same way as water, I’m surprised that even young Marcus has learned that concept, but then again, you’re always about control.” He scoffed at the comment she made about his brother and with both of his hands outward in the shape of a flower he shoot out the flames once again, but this time he took her advice and loosened his upper shoulder muscles along with his arms and hands. The swirl of flames looked more like a snake hitting the giant bolder, thus getting to that perfect round shape he wanted. A few sounds of claps coming from his right side and he smiled as she praised him. “Excellent, you know this is why we always kept you around!” Chuckling he retorted back saying “Same goes for you high priestess” Laughing hysterically she waved at him before returning back to the coven. “You never cease to amaze me Eldest Cavallaro"

Plop was the noise his book made, and he felt the ruffles of papers fall into his nose unwantedly. The smell of old paper and the small light of the rays of the sun trickling through. The knight had made a low growl in irritation as he kept squinting his oceanic eyes trying to fight out the sun. Aaren’s hands stretching out of his hammock and somewhat flailing around trying to subconsciously figure out where he was. Slowly pulling them back into the hammock and moving them towards the book, he picked up the book and moved it to his side. Oceanic eyes feeling the annoying eye crust, he furiously rubbed it out of his eyes. He moaned out the words “Must I always be interrupted from a good dream.” Blinking a few times, Aaren finally opened his eyes looking upward toward the circle of palm trees and hearing the sounds of the summer cicadas in the humid forest of the island.

Part of him just wanted to lay in that hammock, and not move a inch. His throat was dry, and he was filled with thirst. He could taste the humid afternoon air on his breath. For once, he could say he really needed some water, or at least the human part of him did. Sluggishly, he slowly raised himself up, and looked around for his canteen that sat underneath his hammock. Picking it up and opening up the top, he poured the cool liquid into his mouth. Aaren then placed it back underneath his hammock. Eyes still drooping in tiredness, he looked around surprised to see that the dark haired mystic was still awake, she seemed to be fully concentrated into a familiar piece of literature that he knew well. The book was called : Ales Qulet Anum: Of Lesser Demons and Other Inquiries. Smiling, he pulls on the light cotton white long sleeved shirt he hand on before and slowly stands up. Walking bare footed and letting his feet wade into sand he slowly takes a seat next to Yurizhan. “Afternoon, you know your reading one my favorites, tell me something. What intrigues you the most about this piece?”

▁ ▁ ▁ ▁ ▁ ▁ ▁ ▁ ▁ ▁ ▁ ▁ ▁ ▁ ▁

YURIZHAN POV || STATUS: [100HP/100MP]

Per the usual, Yurizhan didn't get much sleep. She decided after the trying events of the past few days that resting her mind, if possible, would be a much better idea than resting her body. The trip, though diverse in activities, had not gone well from a logistical standpoint - they'd come no closer to finding a Tigru than when they first stepped foot upon the desolate, sandy wastelands of the island. After finding something to take her frustration out on, the next logical thing that prevaded her mind was completing the mission. At this rate, she couldn't help but think that one of the other teams might have located the mythical creature before they did, and that only served to further irritate her. As a result, putting her murderous feelings aside, the mystic decided to sit down with a few of her favorite books. Torn, tattered, and ultimately worse for wear, these were books gifted to her by her mother before her passing. In typical motherly fashion, these books were predictably for the self-betterment of her daughter - they consisted of various dark arts descriptions, chaotic prattlings by scholars deemed fanatical or insane, etiquette manuals, and general information on the assortment of demons that supposedly populated the Chaotic Realms of legend.

Of Yuri's particular interest throughout the night were the lesser demons, such as imps and goblins and especially gumbut, troublesome beasts whom were said to occasionally wander the first dimension. This book primarily outlined the tiny gumbut, going into hilarous detail about accidents caused by the little mavens of destruction, first hand accounts of humans falling into wells claiming a gumbut lured them, tiny demons tripping and falling and dropping guillotines a second early, and of course, horses falling in the midst of full stride to turn the tide of battles. Yurizhan chuckled every once in a while as she turned the pages, her laugh elegant and ladylike, but her eyes filled with all the glee of a murderous zealot. This book was mostly salacious, written simply to provoke fear in the hearts of people who spread myth and legend. Some held books like this with a level of respect, but most viewed them as little more than incredibly well written comics, mere urban legend and hearsay. For Yuri, it was a bit in between. Sure, demons were the most fascinating of creatures - but some of the antics in such yellow novels were so outlandish that it was only a man that could have crafted these ludicrous tales of death and disaster.

One tale outlined how a minor demon had squeezed itself into the world, and then lured a small family over a cliff, having them only to survive, before luring them over yet another, and yet another, moving sibling by sibling until only the father remained, to which the demon merely laughed, left him there and returned to its own dimension in glee. This story, though highly animated and somewhat darkly comical, ultimately had to be false -- how ineffective was it to continously lead a family over a cliff? And how was it each time only one died, and the few others were nearly uninjured? Demons did not have such powers over chance, it simply was the power of imagination and the groundswell of fear that propelled such tales about them. Neverless, the colorful pages reflected images of the horrific, if not exaggerated stories, and they kept her up throughout the night, chuckling quietly by firelight to the tales of the cute, dasdardly gumbut.

She had reached chapter eight-six by the time Aaren had awoken and finally spoke to her, claiming that this book one was of his favorites. She rather doubted her handsome leader -- it was, after all, quite a perverse and odd book, but, then again, Aaren seemed to have a tasty sense of sadism nestled within that well manicured head of his. She snapped the book shut and slapped her knee, flashing a fanged grin and a deep laugh, the first she had done with such volume, out of respect of the personal space of others. She put her fan in front of her face and laughed a bit more, wafting hot jungle air onto her pale, cracked face, before snapping it shut and responding, stretching her thin frame out on the log she was leaning on.

"Is that so?" she said coyly, having her interest piqued by at least two percent more than previous. "Do you find the gumbut entertaining? There are a myriad of odd tales about these little beasties-- though one as studied as I has never once seen one? Perhaps they are cautious of me." She continued to stretch out, rolling her scarred back on the log and rising up, moving over to him and slapping the book on his chest, albeit quite lightly. "You can keep it, I've read it seventy times over and I fear I am out of laughs."Her eyes narrowed, the crimson glittering in the sunlight, before moving back towards the log and taking out another book, this one just being her diary, pouring over the mission information and looking at her scribbled notes.

Without making eyecontact, she continued to look downwards, speaking through the book while she pored over the notes further. "May I suggest we return to the bridge? I have a feeling that we will be able to cross much easier this time. You know, minus nearly dying and our dear Jakkya falling ill." Her voice was as deviant as ever, rolling of her tongue in a sultry fashion before shutting the diary and again leaning back to fan herself against the log.

"I do implore we take action, I've become terribly bored...."

Having such attachments to such a silly and farfetched book was something coming from his childhood. Every evening before bedtime in their great manor before Mazien, Aaren would be wrapped up in blankets holding his younger brother and his father holding out the book reading all kinds of tales about the lesser demons such as the Imp, the Goblin, the Gumbut, and Aaren’s personal favorite the succubi. His favorite story though was about a imp trapped in a bottle and was sold to elderly man. Who had then found himself with such good fortune. The man became a little bit younger, richer, and was able to buy himself a nice house. Til one day he fell in love, but then he became cursed with the incurable disease called Leprosy. Aaren found the tale fascinating as a child, learning the lesson of be careful what you wish for. Shifting his body weight, he exchanged a chuckle to with the fanged mouth woman. In which he loved seeing her mannerisms of laughter the most.

Smirking a bit, he thought it was adorable about how she went as far as to hide her laughter from underneath her fan. Shaking his head, and scratching his chin he said with glee “Ah yes! Gumbut, those creatures are quite fascinating, but I found myself overly attached to the tale of the bottle imp. Creating good fortune and then taking it away from a human instant. Now that’s what I call power.”
Moving back with Yuri on the log, tilted his head and said with hint of questioning enthusiasm in his voice “Cautious of you? Now, now, I certainly don’t see anything to be afraid of, but your my ally of course. I wouldn’t afraid, but I certainly wouldn't want to be your enemy.”

Aaren caught the book as it she tossed onto his chest, grinning ear to ear and giving the most obnoxious of chuckles, though he like Yuri covered his snickering with his hand.Oceanic eyes looked down at with joy “Oh my is this a gift? We actually have the copy at our home, but it’s quite worn and quite dusty now. As my father read the tales from it each night at bedtime when I was a child. My most favorite tale was one about Succibus, who indeed became a man’s wife, but after so becoming bored of him, she had put him to his own death, and then the Succubus, so fascinated by trivial human life itself, she kept tricking men out of everything they had.”

Aaren held the book close to his chest and wave his hand back dismissively and said “Enough about that. Lady Yurizhan, thank you this most wondrous gift, as someday, mayhaps, If I ever create a family I shall read these tales to my children someday.” The knight looked dreamy eyed at this point as he clinged on to the book tightly to his chest. Aaren then looked over to find that Yurizhan pulled out another book. A black one, but it did not have a title to it or any cover that drew attention. Aaren watched as she hid her face into it, and he quickly turned away figuring out that it was her diary that he had seen her carrying with her when they first met.

Titling his head back and smirking the most wildest of smirks oceanic eyes began to glitter in the sunlight. His smirk then turned to a grin showing off his pearly whites. “And I thought you’d never ask, I too was getting bored, and I certainly think our pray the Tigrus are in the direction.” Aaren pointed outwards with his free hand in direction of the mountains that towards the east. Arching his neck and giving it a full motion twist, he stood up, faced Yurizhan and offered out his hand. “Go find Jakkya and tell her that we’re on the move.” Aaren lightly grabbed the tiny clawed hand and lifted her up from the log, and sent her on the small mission to retrieve Jakkya from where ever she was, because he didn’t see her, and he assumed she likely had slept alone and away from them. Aaren then commenced to gathering all of his things, and placing everything back neatly into his backpack, and cleaned up the rest of camp while waiting for their return back to camp before they made their way back to the bridge.

JAKKYA POV || STATUS: [100HP/100MP]

---
Many hours before.
---
The Knight had over slept, which under normal circumstances might not have been such a noteworthy thing, but out her it could have been a problem. It didn’t turn into much though, Jakkya didn’t feel like waking him up anyhow so that was a testament to how much she actually cared, she had just tended to the fire and tried to keep to her own thoughts, avoiding any extended glances towards Yurizhan. The woman had bugged her a bit last night when the two had arrived from whatever the hell it was they were doing without provocation, so Jakkya decided it had been best to not give the woman any reason to believe that she desired company. But Yurizhan hadn’t seemed to be paying her any mind, the girl had produced a book from her bag of tricks and had preceded to busy herself by exploring the text of its pages. Honestly if Jakkya were to be perfectly honest it was a bit weird watching the girl sit still for so long just reading. Yurizhan had proven to be the type that got a bit antsy if something wasn’t happening. But maybe the chaos she had caused the night before was the reason she could be so calm now. Jakkya was probably putting too much thought into it really, there was probably no rhyme or reason for any of the things that Yuri did, she was probably running purely off of impulse and it was foolish for Jakkya to try and figure the girl out.

She didn’t even know why she had tried in the first place.

Jakkya sighed standing, as it turned out she was the one who couldn’t sit around doing nothing. She tapped Yuri on the top of her head with a finger, getting her attention. She then pointed at the fire to let Yuri know that she wanted the girl to maintain it. With that Jakkya walked off into the forest without any further detail as to what she was going to do.

---
Present
---

It was hard to track time out here, under the trees any light that shone through the leaves was amplified just enough to make Jakkya believe it was still within the morning hours while she walked. Obviously Jakkya's internal clock was a lot more solid, she could tell that she had been walking for more than an hour, and she had also been smart enough to walk in a wide arching cirlce. She wasn't going to screw around and end up lost or something stupid like that. She really didn't want to have to deal with the others coming to find her. This in mind she decided to head back, she didn't really expect the others to be really worried, however on the off chance that anything were to happen she knew it would be better for them to be united than divided.

So she turned back walking with not much of a rush in her steps, she wasn't really hurried at all honestly. She even took time to spectate her surroundings this place wasn't so horrendus when she took the time to look at it, that and when it wasn't trying to kill her. During her examination of her area she spotted a nest on a surprisingly low hanging branch. She made a small sound of interest in the back of her throat, and moved to it, placing her hand under it and raising it up, she felt its weight and as she looked into it she spotted 4 eggs within it. They were a bit heavier however than normal eggs so Jakkya took the one out and tapped it against the tree there was a brieg slimey spill from the egg but it was too brief, when Jakkya looked into the crack she had created she could see why. Balut. Jakkya made a face and dropped the eggs.

She wasn't a fan.

She turned to walk away but a flap of wings stopped her, as well as a offended sqwaking that let her know that there was something behind her that didn't appreciate her destroying the eggs so casually. Jakkya turned around and spotted a bird circling before it landed on a branch. She wasn't really too caught up on her bird knowledge but she knew well enough that this was a bird of prey. She snorted, she wondered if it would try to attack her. Its threatining flap of its wing answered that question for her. Grinning behind her mask, Jakkya slipped a knife from her belt, and with a smooth flick of her wrist, threw it watching the blade plunge into the birds chest.

Lunch.

Jakkya picked the bird up by its neck, and wiped her blade on its feathers before clipping it to her belt, and continuing her walk back towards the camp. It didn't take her long at all to reach her destination. She found that both Yurizhan and Aaren were up and about. And that the fire was no longer burning. Jakkya sighed for what felt like the thousandth time that day. She had given the eccentric woman one job.

---

||LovelyAmarathII

Ecchi Pantsu

Shy Sex Symbol

User Image
User Image

Leather boots crunched against the surface of earthen debris below. Every step full of confidence. Rarely did she hesitate to approach a single soul, she had never known the traps of shy and meek attributes. She had taken a good amount of time inside of his home to think before coming out. Not a behavior she was so accustomed to. However, Knight Maverick's inquiries and list of confidential topics allotted a substantial amount of time for her to think before leaping. Finding Larus Cervantes in enemy territory wasn't going to be easy. Though, not impossible. When they finally came to a conclusion, she excused herself and nearly skidded out the doorway. Virgil could have easily made his escape by now, standing there outside on his own, a good distance away from House Fang yet still in the same proximity and kingdom. It proved a lot with the fact he was still there with them even if he remained distant and quiet.

Virgil had deceived her with the best intention of keeping her as safe as he could while maintaining allegiance to House Fang. Too bad the greatest destruction comes from the best of intentions. He seemed oblivious enough, unconvinced even, that High Priest Reginald flitted away and broke his word. Broke Virgil's trust. Afterall Virgil had been his second hand, why betray him? Eventually the facts were confirmed by another Knight, Vivian Cidthrope - who, if not for Virgil, would have killed Simone. She was nothing less than thankful, grateful he had protected her from the Cidthrope monster. And yet she still felt anger, a flickering flame of resentment. Now here she was with every intention to initiate some sort of verbal or physical brawl with her complicated ex-lover but surprisingly enough her heart felt enthralled to apply a different approach.

" Take pride in your scars. " Long slender arms wrapped around a nearby tree, sapphire eyes analyzing the distraught male in front of her, before releasing it from her grip. " It's something you told me once, a long time ago. " Her voice was gentle yet firm. Two years ago their bond had been strong, fertile with opportunities, abundant with enough strength to find the beginning of forgiveness. The same kind of forgiveness she had also discovered for a certain blue fox. The circumstances were odd. Still, she'd never deviate from the truth. The truth that she couldn't stand idly by if anyone she cared for were in pain or subject to something as drastic as, even if rightfully so, the death sentence. " Your mistakes with me, my mistakes with you - - are scars. Are lessons. " It was her own way of giving him any forgiveness she had to offer. For a moment her gaze diverted to the aquatic figures elegantly performing across the river's rolling current. They plummeted back into the water as he seized magic from the element.

" House Fang took a lot of people I love away from me. You took a lot of lives from my coven. Nevertheless, you still love your coven, you always will. " ' Maybe more than you'd ever love me. ' The thought skimmed across her head before continuing. " And maybe you think I took away your chance of dying honorably back in Granate. But, Virgil...If you really love House Fang, you need to save it from itself. Summoning Arianlord will not end well for them or anyone for that matter... House Fang is your family. Don't let them commit mass suicide.... Demons can't be trusted no matter what your High Priest or High Priestess may preach. " The temperature dropped as the sun finally set over the horizon. Simone folded her arms across her chest for warmth. Songs of the running water combined with the chirps and low humming of crickets in the night. Sapphire eyes turned to the humble cottage where Mavericks waited before dipping away back towards the ex-Knight.

" I won't lie to you ever again...The reason why I begged for your life to be saved was because, despite all the crap you've put me through, I still care for you... I think your life is worth saving...Let this be your chance to help your coven, lead them away from self-destruction. Be the leader they need right now," without being aware of it, her hand had inadvertently tangled itself with one of his. She couldn't pinpoint whether it was out of habit or out of a need for warmth from the cold night. Either way, she wasn't going to back down from her proposal. She needed to believe that there was still a chance for him to come out of the darkness, a chance for House Fang to come out of the darkness. If their High Priest could taint her with black magic and twist her memories, who knows what he is capable of as leader of Fang. How many lives had Reginald already corrupted and manipulated by now? She wasn't too familiar with their High Priestess other than the information supplied to them by the council and the core. At the very least there lay little doubt that Nilin was completely innocent.

User Image

▅▅▅▅▅ ஐ ▬ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▬ ஐ ▅▅▅▅▅

tab tab tab tab 『 LOCATION: Prim Forest 』
                                                        tab tab tab tab 『 COMPANY: Knight Mavericks & Ex-Knight Virgil

tab tab tab tab 『 MUSIC: King and Lionheart !
                                                        tab tab tab tab 『 MANA COLOR: seafoam green ▅▅
                                                        tab tab tab tab 『 TIME & DATE: 7:00 PM. May 27, 308x.
                                                        tab tab tab tab 『 OOC NOTES: Her Wings and Dragon form ; outfit ; #71637D ██████ Simone Speech Code ; "TEAM Mav is the Third Wheel"

tab tab tab tab xHEALTH ( HP )CE: ██████████ 100/100 tab MAGIC ( M P )TA: ██████████95/100

Tigerx81

Ice-Cold Consumer

User Image

So he liked the tale about the bottle imp did he? Yurizhan still found it somewhat strange such a strapping man was grown up on such an odd set of tales, but she was absolutely nobody to judge. Still, if Aaren's intent was to win some interest from the woman, he had succeeded. Nothing would quite catch her ear like interest in something similar to her, and tales of demons were one thing that she took great interest in. Her interest was only further peaked by his similar admiration for the creatures within the pages of the book, their power, and his general interest in the way they were able to take human life. 

"Ah, so you do like them. Well, whatever it is you believe, I believe they are frightened of me. Such creatures and I could do so much damage together, sadly I have yet to find the little beasts in any of my travels. Perhaps soon."

She lowered her fan and raised her eyebrows to follow and hang on his words, drawn giddy by his musing. Aaren soon regaled her with his own personal desire to start a family and read them these tales, which elicited a small laugh from the mystic, finding it humorous that someone would be spreading such dark tales to their children. Still, this was Mazien, and far darker things lay within the history of the land, tales far worse than what was contained in such a minor book, many which she was sure the Knight had experienced himself. These silly speculations of lesser monsters surely were the least of any of their worries, and having a hearty sense of disbelief didn't hurt in dispelling such eccentric tales. 

"Tis hardly a gift...." she said, somewhat delighted, somewhat puzzled, somewhat interested, chuckling a bit and placing her head back into her diary. 

Her face was back in her book by the end of his sentence, but he quickly drew her attention again by saying he had been waiting for such an opportunity to get going himself. The Knight had put her in a swell mood, both by regaling her with his knowledge of her favorite creatures and by suggesting they get moving as quickly as possible. She gripped his hand lightly and elevated upwards, nodding in compliance as she dusted her dress off and plunged a boot forward into the soft ground of the humid jungle floor.

"As you wish. Though, I don't think finding her will be necessary, as she is but a few feet that way." She said this while gathering herself upwards, her hair fluttering in the soft air of the jungle. The main reason she had noticed Jakkya's approach towards them had been her disappointed and visible sigh, one which quickly caused Yurizhan to snap her finished in absentmindedness, remembering that she had indeed been requested to keep the fire burning for the length of the night.

Unfortunately, Yuri had become a bit too involved in her novella, and as the hours had passed, become distracted from the fire. As day rose upwards, the flame lost it's convenience for her, and her attention drifted back into the musings of the author, following the horrific and insane deaths of the hapless souls contained within the pages of the booklet. Jakkya had gotten up and left at some point during her chuckles and laughs, and after that, the mystic paid her very location very little mind. Jakkya was giving off the same vibe she had been the entire time -- one that was interesting, mysterious and distant, and without a means to communicate between the two of them, Yurizhan had given up trying for the moment, letting the silence linger and their one brief exchange regarding the fire fade into nothingness during the hours they were apart. 

Her focus had shifted from the stories, to Aaren's tales, to the Tigru, and she hadn't been able to fit Jakkya's requests in between her other thoughts. Still, Yuri didn't find the fire being out to be too problematic - after all, Aaren could merely light up another, and Jakkya could easily take her time to dine and prepare her things for the journey. As Jakkya bore a dissatisfied (didn't she always look dissatisfied?) stare at Yurizhan, the raven locks of the mystic bobbed in a fringe apologetic shrug, its movement resonating nonchalance more than anything. 

"Ah...the fire did go out, did it not? I'm simply horrid at keeping attention for so many hours..." She said, interested in the dead fowl that Jakkya held on her person, looking at its pale, pearl like spheres plunged into the back of its head, rolling about to indicate just how lifeless it in fact was. "We were prepared to head back towards those mountains, dear. If you wish to cook, we could merely....light it aflame once more?" Her red eyes turned to Aaren, to whom was mostly faced away, gathering supply and ration himself. He did turn to look at her, drawing a long pause as she shrugged again.

Knowing they may be waiting again whilst the assassin ate, Yuri slumped back onto the log and jotted a reminder in her diary to manage all fires from here forth, not wanting to again be the scapegoat for such a silly act. Still, Jakkya paid her a compliment by even thinking that one of such frazzled composition and thought could even stay with such a minor task in mind for the extent of those midnight hours. In any case, she continued to scribble and write, any viewer of the book likely to be shocked by her extremely helter-skelter writing, absolutely unbecoming of the way she presented herself. But, of course, there was much more to the disfigured woman than ever could meet the eye. She sloped the quill delicately, but all that exited were sloppy notes, and she continued to compile those while she waited for her silent companion and her superior to determine what course of action they would take next.

It wasn't before long when the knight himself was juggling three things at once in his hands and  he heard the aspirated sigh of Jakkya filling his ears. He cocked his head behind him  to see the platinum blonde haired woman with what seemed to be a face of disappointment and her silver eyes looking toward the cold and barren wood of what was left of the campfire. He greeted her with a smile, and as he was making his way to his back putting up the last of his things, along with his canteen filled with water. Aaren had over heard Yuri's talk about the camp fire going out. Titling his head, he chuckled a bit. Is what Jakkya really is agitated about ? Hah, too simple. I'll just make another one! 

Aaren walked back closer to the two ladies, and looked over  to Jakkya, where he saw a fine specimen of a Haliastur kite on strapped to her belt Could it be that the wondrous female  wanted to make him and Yurizhan a delightful lunch? Shaking his head on such a thought, He thought perhaps she had gotten it for herself, and perhaps, maaaaybe perhaps Yurizhan as well , as she took more of a liking to her than him, but than again. 
Jakkya was practical, and that meant she thought about just surviving mostly. Aaren cleared his throat and gestured over to the empty campfire. "You know Jakkya,  that is wonderful bird you have caught, perhaps, I could light the fire once again?, I mean, it's only just with a snap of my fingers. I don't even have to count to one!" Aaren received a small underlined glare from Jakkya, in which in response to he laughed awkwardly and went about to actually check out what was left of the campfire.  He bent down near the circle of stones and saw that there was only just a few half-burnt twigs. Shaking his head, he looked back to the two ladies and said defeated "I'll just go get us some more fire wood.."

A few moments later.

The tall and handsome knight had his hands full once again, with a variety of pieces of wood. Some that were a little mist and easy to burn, while others were slow burning. After working a bit of a sweat from carrying all that wood, he placed the firewood down in the circle of stones that were used to contain the fire. While Aaren arranged the wood, he said back to the both of them jokingly "You know it pains me to know that you two wonderful ladies are such good hunters, I honestly feel quite terrible, that I have yet to show such skill I too have as hunter, but for now I shall be optimistic about it as we have a whole month on this island." When it seemed he got the firewood just right.(And to his liking..perfectionist.) Silver mana slowly flared from his forearms and  into the palms of his hands. Holding his blue flames in his hands he swirled them  slowly on to the wood. As the flames had grew, the oceanic eyed man beamed in satisfaction. 

Looking back to the ladies confidently as if he had done the most amazing thing in the world, he said onto Jakkya "You know, I was just telling Yurizhan, how I thought our prey could very well be in the mountains." A hopeful grin became plastered on his face when he continued with "I have a feeling we won't really need the whole month to find these creatures, especially with you around Jakkya." Aaren had waved them over to come closer to the campfire. He stood up and looked over to Jakkya and Yurizhan and asked "Is it to your liking? Oooh, and Jakkya, the bird you caught, you were  just planning on saving the whole beast for just yourself weren't  you?" The second question he asked a little suggestively. Titling his head a bit and giving another bright smile, he said "Or is there only enough for two? Perhaps Yourself and Yurizhan?"

Jakkya turned her blank expression towards Yuri when the girl spoke up, it seemed almost taunting really for Yuri to ask that question. Pointing out the obvious with such a nonchalance that almost made Jakkya want to shove the Kite down her throat whole. But she didn't react, her face remained emotionless, and she unclipped the birf from her belt, dropping it by the pit. They were to be heading back towards the mountains, perhaps the others didn't think they would have time to eat. Jakkya personally was against moving out without allowing themselves the chance to properly energize, but she had gone longer without food or water than most, so if they were willing to go without, she would offer no argument. But it seemed she was wrong on that front Aaren seemed willing to eat so there was that.

Though he was talking too much. Boasting on his skill trying to impress her with his ability to create fire. Jakkya looked at him blankly boring into his eyes, she looked tired, exasperated, and all and all not up to dealing with his s**t right now. 

He seemed to understand that it might be appropriate for him to leave her alone so instead he turned to the fire, and hopped up shortly after declaring that he would need to go and grab fire wood, before walking off intot he woods with nothing else said. Jakkya didn't even watch him go. It seemed they would be eating, fine. Jakkya doubled over and picked up the bird by the throat and walked away from their fire pit to a near by tree, equipped a knife and began to gut and skin their future meal it wasn't exactly the cleanest of jobs, because Jakkya was a bit distracted by a number of things, mental fatigue and generally irritability being among them.

Aaren returned as she finished her task, and she approached the fire he started with the bloodied and freshly prepped carcass in her hand. She was gonna set it up, cook it and feed them all, but Aaren started speaking again, she honestly wondered why these people wasted their breath with her. She wasn't going to give them a response that they could do anything with. Aaren seemed to think he could read her, he said crap about her being expressive but he was talking out his a**. She showed them what she wanted to and nothing more, she could go stoney if she wanted to and as a matter of fact, right now she wanted to be just that. Blank as a rock. Jakkya looked over at Aaren her face unreadable as he finished talking, she looked at his grin for a brief moment and then to the prey bird in her grip, and she raised it too him, over his head, before dropping it on him, watching the bloody mess bounce off his jet black hair and land messily into his lap, staining everything it touched. 

Wordlessly she turned, and soundlessly she walked off to the river, she had blood on her hands she'd be back after she cleaned them.

||LovelyAmarathII

Ecchi Pantsu

Koko the Boss's Husband

Moonlight Stalker

Kahla

The grass stirred slightly, a breeze pushing its soft blades to bend over. Some of them brushed against the youngsters nose, and he found himself pushing back a sneeze. A paw came down hard over his twitching nose to silence the impending noise. "Shhhh!" Kahla hissed in his ear. She returned her attention to the scene before them, golden eyes flashing a moment before fading into the shadows again.

A large number of the tribe adults were gathered, and not just theirs. Others had come to represent the neighboring groups that populated the island. The youngsters had planted themselves under a thick flowering bush that was downwind of the adults, protecting them from noses that might have otherwise picked up their scent while their bodies remained hidden. The two pushed themselves deeper into the darkness when a large form of rippling muscles and bright fur paced in front of them. "We must kill the intruders!" The male Tigru roared out in a deep rumble to the gathered adults. Muttering followed as different groups debated the wisest decision.

"No, better to hide and wait for them to leave." A female from another tribe spoke out, voice calm and level though her eyes betrayed her anger at the male's impatience.

The male who'd spoken before curled his lips to expose his sharp teeth in a snarl. "Like spineless cowards? Let a few mere humans make us take to the shadows like a shivering hare?" At the mention of humans, a small gasp sounded out from the bushes. Luckily for the two cubs the adults were too agitated to notice the noise that didn't belong.

"Like a race that has been hunted almost to extinction and doesn't wish to do so again." Came the sharp reply. The male stood over her a moment, showing his full size, before grumbling and sitting to flick his tail back and forth in sharp movements."Fine. But if they stay too long, I will take care of them myself. I am no coward." He stalked off towards the trees, the tribes had all agreed to suspend flying after the humans were spotted. A giant flying cat was rather hard to miss.

As the rest of the adults began to argue or leave, two smaller forms slinked away out of the bush and into the nearby forest. One streaked on ahead before noticing the other had fallen behind. "Ceyon, come on!" Kahla said, bouncing from paw to paw in her excitement.

"Where?" The young male said, nervous to even ask.

Kahla's lips parted into a large feline smile. "To the humans! We'll drive them off and then everyone will see how we belong in the Pride Guard! They'll stop treating us like little kids."

Ceyon's ears went down and he pawed at the ground. "We are kids Kahla, and even if we weren't we couldn't take humans on just the two of us. What if they're mages?"

Kahla rolled her eyes with an exasperated sigh. "I'm not stupid. I won't take them head on. We'll just scare them with tricks, and poison their food and stuff. Come on! It'll be fun and we're both tricky enough to do it. She pulled her head in the direction the humans were last seen in.

"No." Ceyon said flatly. For a moment Kahla looked defeated, as her entire body sagged. Then she huffed and took off. "Kahla!" Ceyon called, taking a few strides after her. But she was off. He looked back towards where the adults had met, and then towards the direction Kahla had taken off in. He'd hoped his refusal would dampen her fire to fight humans, but it seemed he'd been wrong. And now she was off alone. He took a step towards her again then shook his head. She'd kill him for this. One more pause and he propelled himself off in the opposite direction. He had to find Arjan and Tortu.

In the meantime, Kahla slinked through the jungle towards the last location she'd seen a thin tendril of smoke coming from...

Comatose_Angel's Partner In Crime

Divine Protagonist

12,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image

Spat!

A slimy feeling and lots of blood just running down his hair, and Aaren looked down in shock. His mouth with completely ajar. Catching the bloodied bird in his hands. He cocked his head to the side,oceanic darting in the direction of Jakkya as he watched as she stormed off. Looking back at the bird carcass, he couldn’t help himself any longer.Aaren began chuckling outlandishly. Finally! A goal was achieved! That was the best reaction coming from Jakkya, and he would never take it back. Suuuuurrreee, he totally said a little too much. Antagonizing her a bit. If this had happened to Gabby, or Regi, or even Vivian.
They wouldn’t have took this lightly at all.

Sitting the bird down, he went to his backpack and quickly gathered a small towel, to rub out the blood and slime out of his jet black hair, and then took out his canteen, and poured water on his hands cleaning them up. He then quickly pulled out his journal and wrote down a few ingredients he was going to need.
Such as : Abal flowers, Amaranth flowers, Arrowroot, Baobab Fruit, Cashew, Almonds, Hazelnut (or any type of nuts.) That was the end of his list. He promptly handed the small piece of parchment to Yuri and said in soft, but commanding voice “Lady Yurizhan, Go and fetch me these ingredients please, I’m going to treat Jakkya and you to a meal made by your one and only.”

In the meantime he pulled out his set of cutting knives and started to shredded the pieces of the bird. Wrapping them in the thick palm leaves to keep them secure. He found a rock that was in the shape of a oval, and cleaned it off in the river water. When Yurizhan had came back with a good amount of everything he needed. He dug for a huge bowl that he had in his backpack. Aaren used a smaller knife to cut the Abal flowers into tiny pieces and placed them in the bowl. Next, he grabbed another thick palm leaf, and with the rock he had smashed and grinded the Amaranth. The knight mixed in the smashed Amaranth, in with Abal flowers in the bowl with his hands. He took the rootstock of the Arrowroot and tossed them in there as well.

Next he mixed the fresh river water and boiled the flowers along with rootstock of the Arrowroot, and created a tan with a hint of magenta looking sauce. Marinating the bird in this sauce, he slow roasted the chicken on the campfire. While watching the bird slowly be cooked all the way through, he shelled open the hazelnuts and picking through them to find their kernels, placed them in a separate bowl. He crushed up the Almonds and Cashews, and then lastly took the shredded pieces of the bird and put them on three separate palm leaves.

The palm leaves were to be used as their plates. Glazing the bird in the sauce that he created from the : Arrowroot, Amaranth flowers, and the Abal flowers, he sprinkled the crushed Cashew and Almonds on top. Lastly he instructed Yurizhan to help him crack the Baobab fruit and dig the pulp out as he mixed the pulp of the fruit into some water into another bowl, and poured it into the small clay cups they had. As that was going to be their drink to go along with the meal. Wiping, his brow as it was covered in sweat from all the cooking.

By this time, he had heard footsteps slowly making their way back into camp. While he was arranging their portions of the meal, he turned to meet the platinum blonde with a hopeful smile and he greeted her with "Welcome back. I'm glad you at least decided to return to Yurizhan and I. It would been a shame if you had disappeared on us. About the comments I said earlier, I actually was just kidding. On the first night when we were here I tried your cooking. It was splendid, I thought I would give you and Yurizhan a chance to taste my cooking and I had prepared our meal this time around. Come now Jakkya, let’s have ourselves a nice meal shall we?”

Aaren handed her share of the bird, along with the drink he and Yurizhan had made together. “I cooked the bird, Yurizhan and I made the drink. I really do hope it’s to your liking.” After serving Jakkya, he served Yuri as well and gave them both a humble bow, before taking a seat by the campfire and serving himself.

Only a bit of time had passed before Aaren had complied to her suggestion and lit up another fire, attempting to joke with Jakkya and ligthen what seemed to be a dismal and irritated mood. The mystic didn't expect his overtures to have much of an effect, and her estimation seemed to be correct, for after the flame had hit the freshly gathered wood from Aaren's brief trip, Jakkya silently and quickly cut into the bird, dropping it on Aaren's lap and making her way away from the camp, likely fed up with the overall attitude of the both of them. Yurizhan had been more content to break eye contact with Jakkya all together, digging herself into her diary again, outlining the myriad and messy notes she had cobbled together only ever so sporatically throughout the journey.

When she heard the "plop" of the bird hitting Aaren's lap, she looked up from her book and laughed a bit to herself, placing the diary within her dress and grinning widely. Aaren always seemed to put his best foot forward no matter what it is he did, no mattter how futile the effort may seem. Trying to connect to Jakkya with a joke, running on as little sleep as she usually did, at least through this trip, was definitely foolhardy. Though Yuri some deal of respect for him, this display, to her, made him look a mixture of foolish and brazen. The mystic wasn't sure if she could internalize those as good or bad traits, so she just chalked it up to his personality, trying to remain upbeat in the face of the humidity and strange atmosphere of the island. At the very least, it was entertaining to the eccentric woman, whom by the end of her laugh had seated herself a few feet away near the fire, watching the silouette of Jakkya vanish into the river line.

Usually she'd be in a rush, but her tiny stomach rumbled quietly, and she clutched a gloved hand against it, scratching it with her long nails, feeling the miniscule distance between her abs and her stomach. Whatever was in there, was long gone, and she did feel a bit famished. In order to capture this Tigru, they would need to gather more than just their morning strength, on which was mostly absent for Yurizhan, who had neglected to even think of food before wishing to rush over the bridge. She plopped herself near the fire, her feet becoming lost in the billowing expanses of the dress, watching the blue of the flame flicker and sway.

By now, Aaren had cleaned himself up, and Yuri cast her eyes upwards at him as he composed and declared a list, one which she was given the task of completing. Her crimson eyes flickered in the evening sunlight, rising up quickly and and snatching the parchment from his hands, giving a quick nod and scurring off into the nearby jungle to gather the said ingredients. Yuri was somewhat skilled in picking out plants, after all, she lived in a forest her whole life, and she spent obsessive amounts of time reading. Though most of her studies were magically related, it never hurt to know how to cook, especially when her mother had fallen ill. Using this keen insight, she was easily able to pick out a majority of the ingrdients, many which were bunched in a small area of a few dozen feet. The Abal and Amaranth flowers stood out, clumped together in thick patches near a small clearing at the edge of the treeline. She'd made her way, with some vigor, through tall shrubbery and bush to reach the clearing, grasping at a handful of both of the plants, forcing them from the ground and carrying them inside of her arm. To gather the Arrowroot she surveyed the jungle floor, shuffling her boots into the mossy soil to uncover the moist underbrush where the plant lay, pulling upon the tough green stem of the large plant to work it out of the ground.

With the flowers gathered, she'd made her way back towards the camp, on that journey grasping handfuls of walnuts, cashews, pecans, hazelnuts and almonds, many of which took her quite some time, being that they were perched high upon treetops, to which she had to utilize cleverness and wit to overcome her short stature, climbing on roots, stepping up trunks and rocks, grasping handfuls of the requested incredits and shuffling them into the bundle in which she had in her hand. Making her way down a tree, she faced her last real challenge, the Baobob Fruit, which was located only near the water of the river. She didn't possess the knowledge for this -- but only made a reasonable estimation after spending an excessive amount of time wandering around to find the fruit, mistaking pears, peaches and plums for the rounded fruit. Only when she'd come to the edge of where she had began did she see the tall stalks which contained the described item on their ends. The Baobab was contained in a small bog like area, which she noted was only a few feet from the camp. Without hesitation, she wade into the lightly flowing waters with her obsidian boots and stretched her diminutive body upwards to reach the stalks, bending them downwards with her right hand and grasping a few of the round, bulbous fruit.

Her task completed, she trudged through the water and back to camp, where Aaren bid her a fond greeting, setting the items downward near the fire, the water on her boots wicking in the heat of the phoenix flame. She handed the items over with a quick bow, watching Aaren go to work with mild interest, before he asked her to help him scrape out the pulp from the recently gathered fruit to make juice. She complied, taking her delicate, long hands and working out the pulp, scraping the remains onto the floor and handing him the emptied contains so that the could be utilized as cups. Throughout the process she'd only been focused on the meal, and had hardly spoken a notable word, too consumed with the desire to eat. As she bore a wondrous gaze at the heat of the blue flame, she could make out the shape of Jakkya, who had come back from washing her hands and was greeted by Aaren. Yuri gave her a brief nod, and began to move towards her drying gloves.

She took off her skintight gloves, laying them on a log to let them dry from the juice and pulp, her blackened hands and long nails revealing themselves once more. Aaren had prepared the meat and laid each portion promptly on long leaves, a setup which the mystic found quite impressive and tidy. She hardly could have thought of something of this nature on her own, and looking over the meal with her back against the edge of the log, she nodded, self-consciously paying mind to the advanced age and wisdom of the elder knight.

In a few short minutes her gloves had dried, again masking her monstrous appendages with the silkly elegance of her chosen garment. Aaren handed Jakkya her meal, then Yuri her's and she returned a grateful bow as the knight noted her minimal contributions to the composition of the drink.

Taking a light sip of the sweet brew, she lightly bit into the bird, before moving her lips backwards from it, cleanly, and finally remarking on the state of the meal.

"This is a very well fixed meal, Knightship." She said, nodding to him and continuing to eat, being sure to take delicate, ladylike bites as she picked apart the bird in the most convinient places, careful not to dirty herself too much in the process. With poised etiquette she slowly continued her feast, periodically sipping on the created drink, pursing her lips lightly and tipping it back, always setting her food down first.

"After this, we will have plenty of energy for the mountains, and to finally complete our mission. Or so I hope. We needn't stay here a minute longer after capturing that beast."

Yurizhan was an erractic one, but she had enough sense to know this was hardly paradise. It wasn't as if relations were getting better between the three of them, if anything, they'd gone from strained, to tolerant, to back to strained, and with any luck, they'd waver back to tolerant. It'd been an episodic and adventerous journey, but you'd be hard pressed to pick out the highlights from the humid, dangerous and for the most part, labyrinth like composition of the jungle. It was a gritty, unconventional mission, and the combat had been minimal at best. The most entertaining thing they'd encountered was mutating rabbits, and for her, a near death experiance. Otherwise, it was something that was best concluded, before the three of them found themselves pitted against one other over the poor conditions, clashing personalities, and hostile environment, already mixed in with their individual thoughts and problems.

Jakkya did more than wash her hands at the river, she used the time away from the group to just be alone. Things were a lot easier to deal with when she was alone there was a natural ebb and flow to her actions that she herself would never disrupt but she couldn't keep it up with two other people with her. It was impossible to keep track of these people, and it only served to make things dreadful for her. She hated this, all of it. All of the prying and the pressure to conform. She would be more than happy if no one talked to her for the rest of this mission, but she knew that it was something that wouldn't happen for her. And it was irritating her.

"Oui'na duu dahca" Elle's voice ecoed through her head, and Jakkya sighed, closing her eyes, and leaning forward placing her face into her gloved hands. "E'mm ramb oui namyq, zicd damm sa fryd'c fnuhk muja. E's rana vun oui." Jakkya tried to take Elle's advice, but there wasn't much else she could do. The memory wasn't playing fair, Jakkya could talk all she wanted but Elle would never hear her. "E muja oui" Jakkya forced a shaky breath from her throat suddenly feeling choked as an invisible hand gripped her throat and her heart. It was all so stupid, this feeling. Years later it was something that she should have gotten over. Her lost love. Jakkya chuckled at herself for being such a fool. Muja tuac drehkc mega dryd du oui. Jakkya snorted, even if that was true, she was not going to accept being so pathetic. It would only come back to bite her in the a** later

---

It seemed that her two teammates had been busy while she had been away, she could smell that the food had already been cooked, but while she had just been expecting to eat the bird and water and nothing else, it seemed that Aaren and Yurizhan had gone beyond that. As she got closer she could see nuts, and colored liquid in bowls. While she would have saw no issue with just eating simple plain food, she also had no complaint for anything extra. She figured if they had the time there was no reason not too.

As she reached the fire Aaren began speaking with her, apologizing for his actions and explaining the meal, expressing that she had impressed him with her cooking the other day, she looked over to him her expression completely impassive as she seemed to almost look completely through him as he spoke. She didn't believe a word he was saying, she had boiled a mutant rabbit and made soup out of it, it had been meat, water and bitter roots. There was nothing impressive about that. "Ra ec dnoehk du syga bayla." Elle's voice spoke up in her head. That was new, this wasn't a memory of her words like all the other times, this seemed to be a conscious response. Great, now she was ******** going crazy. Jakkya looked away from Aaren and sat, letting him serve her. She didn't thank him, didn't even look at him or Yurizhan as she ate at a steady pace, wanting to get finished more than she cared for savoring her food. They had to get into the mountains after all, and the sooner they got there, the sooner they get finish their mission and get out of this jungle.

Blue Voltaire
[/qoute]
Ecchi Pantsu

Priestess of Athena

OOC : A note for Priestess, we have a second post coming after this one, so don't worry.

To translate go here :
http://stefangagne.com/albhed.html

Wailing Lunatic

User Image

Having a good meal to start one's day was something everyone could be glad they had. On this remote island where you didn't have much to work with at all, made people do three things. Think. Improvise. Use what you have. Sometimes people utilized those three things way differently than most. Aaren was that guy. When traveling all through Mazien and Civok for his own various research activities, he learned how to rough it. Before trying his own creation, for good measure, he viewed the facial expressions of both Yurizhan and Jakkya. As expected, Yurizhan was happily satisfied with the meal, but oceanic eyes looked to where Jakkya was and she was eating silently. Eating in silence was much better than spitting it out. He took that as a comment from her. Nodding and he gave a benevolent smile and picked up the thick palm his share of the meal that was sitting on the thick palm leave. Taking the tender bits of the bird into his hands he began picking from it slowly and placing into his mouth, tasting the sauce. It didn't really have a taste to it, but it gave off this somewhat salty taste due to the nuts that were sprinkled on it. picking up the drink, it tasted quite refreshing.

After eating the knight promptly cleaned up the bowls and rinsed out his canteen over by the river. He refilled it and place the bowls into his backpack. Aaren then took out his journal and went to a blank page, drawing out the possible routes they might take to get to the mountains. Aaren wasn't too familiar with island terrain, but at least he got a general feel of what it might be like the rest of the way. Pulling out his compass that was in his back pocket, he looked at it, and did some walking in the direction of the mountains. Looking at the calculations he made, Aaren ran his hands through his jet back hair in uneasiness. There wasn't no telling what was beyond the bridge,but he was ready. He had to be. Closing the journal and He carried it on his side and walked back over to Jakkya and Yuri. The knight wanted to discuss possible routes with his team.

Opening back up he revealed to the both of them his makeshift map of predictions. Guiding his fingers the routes and how he predicted the terrain was going to be he said informatively "I created a map to possibly follow once we get to across that bridge. From what we experienced so far, the island may have very steep paths, or possible walls of foliage that we may or may not need to cut through, If we can it be best to avoid those. " He looked over to Jakkya and said "Jakkya, I'm sure you have more experience than I, I put you in charge of finding the fastest pathway towards the mountains."

The elegant woman finished her meal and handed the bowl back to Aaren, letting him spritz it with his canteen, washing it off while conserving water. It would have made more sense for her to bring such practical tools, but she only brought a few items such as a change of clothing, her fan, parasol and an assortment of small books. The tiny bag that held them could be really held or called at will, so there was very little point of lugging it about. She had figured water would be ample on a tropical island, after all, there wasn't any purpose of holding onto it on her person. Besides, thanks to their combined efforts, she hadn't been famished or parched this trip for the most part, minus the, you know, whole near death thing.

The mystic was a bit anxious but mostly content, having at least enough patience to see the meal through, shut her mouth, and amble her thoughts towards the most important thing, the completion of the mission and capture of the Tigru. For her this momentary calm was rare, but it was required when working in a team setting. Besides, it'd be foolish to wander off again too soon , at least, if they didn't know to whereabouts. At this time, they had no real direction, and her boots were made for fashion, not function. She wasn't going to be trekking off into those mountainous impasses solo, not when flanked by a a skilled asssasin and a knight that desired to overachieve in everything that he tried. It was much more clever to simply sit behind, after all, her skills weren't of much use unless something needed breaking or destroying. For now, she'd wait. And when the time finally came to ambush the Tigru, she promised, swore, pledged, and solemly oathed that she'd be as gentle as humanly possible with the thing.

Then again, she hoped someone wouldn't rely on her to undertake such a tender task. She was many things, and gentle was not one of them. Her apperance ran completely contrary to the fact she got very carried away at the sight of blood or charred skin, even decay. The sight of such things just egged her on, and in reality she'd have to not damage the Tigru at all to not be insatiably driven to harm it. But when thing overrided all of that insanity, and that was the clarity of doing this for not only her own betterment, but that of the institution which she served, and that instituion had a keen interest in the things that she had a keen interest in, and in that, there was no reason for her to act as reckless as she would all on her lonesome. Though being on her lonesome would have been quite fun, it was hard to imagine the eccentric mage getting past the sands of the beach without fruitlessly expending mana on new wildlife. She needed just a tad of direction, and thankfully with these two, she had at least a modicum of it.

Jakkya had been quiet most of the meal, but nothing was new about that. It was perhaps that the woman just had enough of the humid weather with strange people. The mystic wasn't gonna rag on her for that -- though she was admittedly more neutral to the both of them. This team was rather ideal in the respect that when they had something to do, or they'd faced a challenge, they were eager to get it finished, all for a multitude of reasons. Aaren perhaps wanted to know he was doing something, gaining confidence, overachieving and being the hero. The quieter woman moved as she moved now, like she wanted to just get this all over with and behind her, and move onto the next mission or task, whatever that may be. And then there was the raven-haired mystic, who's only core desires were completing the assignment and maximizing bloodshed. Since they were all somewhat interdependent on one anothers needs, it seemed to work. Being idle however, had to be their worst moments together -- with Aaren babbling on, Yuri doing much the same, or wandering off, and Jakkya probably judging them as hard as she possibly could with her steel glance. It wasn't best for them to be left with nothing to do.

So when Aaren perked up (as per the usual) with a makeshift map with the outlines of the path, the feeling of purpose, or at least the semblance of it, rushed through the dimunitive woman as she hopped up on a stump to get a better view of the parchment that the man held out to them. There were several routes, many seeming to wrap around and curve throughout the drawing, but at least it was some sort of guide to what appered ahead. After all, they hadn't been here prior, so they could only speculate as to which way to go. Aaren was quick to highlight that Jakkya had the most knowledge, which seemed correct, at least in Yuri's summation - Aaren looked traveled, but not the type to constantly brace mountains or wildlife consistently. Jakkya, whether experianced or not, bore the look of a woman who knew a great deal, and it would be nothing short of shocking if she was unintelligable about such terrain.

So, the bridge was confirmed, then.
Finally, she had a direciton to place her boots.

"Mmm.." she pondered, fanning herself lightly with the obsidian apparatus, one which she'd taken out in the midst of all her thinking. She contiued to fan, the humid air blustering on her creviced face, before remarking - "To the bridge then...it seems we have quite a few options after that. Best to beat the dark."

It was after that, that Yuri reentered her uncharacteristic silence, probably biding her words until they came to the bridge again, and in that manner, they'd discuss who would cross, and how. Yuri could easily float over, but she'd be interested to see what exactly the others would have to say about it -- hoping that no more traumatic memories rushed forth for either herself nor the assasin. After all, she did very nearly lose her life right at the foot of that contraption.

Either way, her more impulsive nature forced its way ahead, the woman nearly unconsciously deciding to make her way ahead towards the bridge -- at least she knew where that was, and it was at that rickety old device that she'd wait for her next command. Still, she'd already spoiled herself by slightly hovering off the ground. It wasn't her speciality after all, she was an offensive magician, but if she liked she could get up into the air a good distance, for a short period of time. It was a wobbly and impractical magic, one that she made look elegant, but to anyone with experiance in such arts, she was a neophyte at best. After a few piroettes through the air, her fan still in hand, she had come to the edge of the bridge, not so far from camp. She posted herself up against the wooden stakes, wincing a bit as they pressured her newly scarred back, but simply smiling through it, choosing to continue to cool herself down in the evenings humid atmosphere.

Perhaps trudging off on her own was her own way of having a bit of fun, being a little girl again, and keeping her mind at ease. This was different than her previous thoughts. One couldn't be considered a fool if they knew their way -- now, crossing the bridge was a different story. That would be foolhardy.
Besides, it didn't seem to hurt to get a brisk jog ahead when the mission was already set in stone. In truth it was a multitude of things, foremost her wondering if she could still float over the bridge, after not utilizing such magicks in days. Either way, she remained there, letting the air brush her face gently as if she awaited a suitor, or a guest, but in truth, she was just wishing for her feet to again be set on the path of murderous destruction with subtle purpose.

Jakkya wasn't so sure about this map, for very obvious reasons, but simply put, she was almost positive that Aaren was not a cartographer. There was no way that this map could truly be accurate enough for them to traverse the land, birds eye view maps of mountainous terrain weren't always the most helpful, there were just too many things that couldn't be taken into account, rock placements, and inclines not withstanding. But she supposed it was better than going in completely blind, she'd use the map as a blueprint and to that extent only, she figured she could rely on her experience to get her the rest of the way. She figured that this was what Aaren was counting on anyway.

The group was restless that much was made clear by how quickly the others pushed on once a direction was given. If she were to be honest with herself Jakkya was much more comfortable moving herself, they had spent a lot of time at this camp site, more time than she would recommend given the circumstances, they were on a hunt afterall, and working against elements that none of them truly understood, it would be easy for them to miss a possible window in catching their target without even knowing it. She supposed if that were the reason why they failed, there wasn't much that could really be said. It would be the same as never knowing the Tigru were ever there.

Back tracking was easy, careless, and provided much needed time for Jakkya and perhaps the others. It was just a few moments to get a few stray thoughts in line, as well as to prepare. Something told Jakkya that there was a major event on the horizon, something that would effect all of them, whether the result would be positive or negative was not something she could truly gauge accurately. It was just a haunch after all.

By the time they reached the briar, Jakkya felt she had fully rcovered from her brief strike of insanity she had during breakfastr, but the voice speaking up in her head proved to her that this was not the case. "cilr sacco fung, ed'c clyno" Elle sounded. Jakkya slowed her steps, looking around at not only the destroyed briar patch, but at the mess of bodies that still littered the ground around them. Jakkya felt the need to suddenly defend herself to the voice in her head, explain that this was not her doing, but she realized how bad she would look if her first words spoken in Vangare, was to a voice in her head. Biting her tongue here was definitely the right choice. "Lyh fa suja uh, bmayca?" Elle requested softly. The hard gaze that Jakkya had maintained weakened considerably at the request, and she increased the pace of her walk. It was weird knowing that a disembodied voice, still had such a softening effect on her. Again it was something she didn't know how to react to, she didn't understand if it was something that should anger her or not.

Yna fa lnuccehk dryd?

Elle spoke up suddenly, Jakkya realized due to her prompting that they passed the briar, and that they were quickly closing in on the brdige. Jakkya pursed her lips behind her mask, but otherwise made no attempt to answer the question that had been presented."Dryd lyh'd pa cdypma." The voice added, and Jakkya smiled a bit at that, she had shared the sentiments not too long ago, the bridge wasn't stable at all, not just in construction but also because of what it could do to her.

Upon reaching it Jakkya did pause for a moment. She looked to Yuri who seemed content with waiting, and she didn't bother sparing a glance towards Aaren, (because he was busy playing around with traps) because she was sure he would give her some crap about "ladies first" or something along those lines. So in light of that Jakkya decided that she would be the one to take the nose dive first. Fa yna naymmo lnuccehk drec!?! Jakkya!" Jakkya hissed as she set a foot down carefully on the plank and she heard it creak and groan underneath her weight. It wasn't exactly the sound she was hoping to hear, but it was one that she had expected. One foot through the door to hell, Jakkya pressed the other forward and found that she wouldn't be able to cross without hanging on, the bridge was wobbling too much, and she rather not test her balance needlessly. Reaching out to eitherside Jakkya grabbed onto the ropes, and as expected, it triggered her.

---

The pair rolled around in the sheets, a struggle for power that usually, and unqestionably belonged to Jakkya now suddenly on the table, and in this scuffle, Elle came out on top. Taking her place on top of Jakkya, wasting no time the smaller girl leaned forward and placed rather distracting kisses along Jakkya neck and exposed chest. "Oui'na tecdnyldat." Elle accused fixing Jakkya with a look that suggested she didn't like that the taller woman was somewhat unengaged in their bed play. Guilty Jakkya managed to give Elle a sheepish look. "E tuh'd mega ed." Elle clarified, though Jakkya could already tell as much. "E drehg E cruimt cruf oui dryd oui yna hud dra uhmo uha fru pa y ped cytecdel." Jakkya smiled in light of the threat, closing her eyes. It was a sign in their own little language, showing that Jakkya didn't feel any pressure behind her words. But Elle wasn't playing around. She brought her hand down sharply on Jakkya thigh, creating a loud pop, and elicting a hiss from the unsuspecting receiver. "Uh ouin cdusylr. Huf." Elle ordered, and Jakkya complied, laying on her stomach. "Peda dra bemmuf" She spoke again, Jakkya raised a brow at her, before going along with it. Her teeth sinking into the fabric, the corner of her mouth raised in a challenging smirk at Elle who seemed to be trying her best to not break and smile. It was clear in these moments how used she had gotten to Jakkya being in charge.

Honestly she looked like she was a little lost, like one who had a plethora of things she wanted to do, but no idea where to start. Jakkya grinning at her wasn't helping, it felt as though the woman wasn't taking her seriously. She would need to fix that. Reaching forward Elle tangled her fingers within the hair on Jakkya's head, massaging her scalp. Jakkya was like a cat in some ways, and Elle knew many of her weak points, her scalp being one of em, sratch at it and she would melt. Elle waited until Jakkya closed her eyes again, before pressing forward roughly burrying Jakkya's face into the pillow and leaning forward to whisper in her ear."E tuh'd nasaspan dammehk yho zugac. Seht ahmekrdahehk sa uh fryd oui veht cu vihho?" Elle asked, pulling Jakkya's hair back this time, painfully yanking at the girls scalp. Jakkya gasped loudly, surprised by the sudden explosion of pain at her crown "Mad ku uv dra bemmuf yht oui'mm byo vun ed. Taynmo." The girl threatened, Jakkya looked over at Elle out of the corner her eye, the look in her eye giving the shorter Aren much more confidence. Jakkya's pewter eyes had clouded over, darkened as well to a near black in her lust. Elle was also happy to see Jakkya's teeth clamp down tighter on the pillow, her orders being followed. "E nasaspan ycgehk oui du damm sa fryd oui vuiht cu vihho, tet E hud? Yna oui ekhunehk sa Jakkya?" Jakkya looked over at Elle, before flickering her eyes down to the pillow, narrowing her eyes at the dilemma that had been presented her. Elle was very obviously going to offer no solution, so Jakkya chose to hold on to the pillow, deciding that it were the lesser of two evils, though punishment now was clearly and inevitability. "Veha, tuh'd dymg. Ed'c suna vih drec fyo." Elle whispered, before bringing her hand down suddenly and painfully on Jakkya's rear. Causing the girl to jump in time with the clap that sounded throughout the room.

Elle laughed at the reaction, and repeated the action, again, and again, continuing well past the point when the skin had turned red, and that the pain had caused Jakkya to whimper softly. Elle stopped to give the girl a break, a small reprise before the storm, soothingly she ran her nails over the tender flesh of Jakkya's bottom. A smile growing on her face, as Jakkya would gasp softly every so often as Elle ran her hand over the enflammed skin."E's kuehk du fayn ouin ycc nyf," Elle spoke, her voice thick with emotion. The tone caused Jakkya to shiver, her pain all but forgotten temporarily. "Pid vencd. E's kuehk du dea oui ib." Elle said, reaching for the drawer on the bedside. Jakkya froze at the mention of being restrained. But did offer any protest. She had her fears, but she delt she could trust Elle, that this was just simply bedplay and that she could handle it. But she felt that maybe this would not be the case, when she felt Elle reaching for one of her arms, being rouch as was expected as she wound the rope around her wrist. Jakkya felt herself begin to shake for different reasons now, her breathing picking up to an unnatural pace, as Elle bound her other hand, knotting them together behind her back. Jakkya closed her eyes again, burrying her face into the pillow, biting down harder onto the fabric trying to distract herself. But it wasn't working, not at all. She was starting to panic. Elle pulled her hair again, and this time Jakkya screamed, in fear. Because pleassure had left the building.

Elle removed her hand quickly, jumping back as if burned by Jakkya's reaction. "Jakkya?" Elle asked slowly. Now unsure hot to proceed after that kind of reaction. "Panno" Was Jakkya's meek, whimpering reply, Elle practically dove back into the drawer for a blade, once she found it she cut into the rope, moving as quickly as she could without running the risk of cutting into Jakkya's wrist. "Jakkya, E-" Jakkya cut Elle off before she could finish. "E's cunno" Jakkya apologized hanging her head, and it was then that Elle realized why Jakkya had called for an abrupt stop to their actions by using the safety word they had agreed on. Jakkya had told what Crane had did, about the lynching, about how close Jakkya had come to dying. Elle looked at the assassin's face, not sure what to say to her. Jakkya didn't offer Elle anything to latch on to, but the assassin did take in a shaky breath, and tears did begin to stream from her eyes, and Elle was quick to act, all prior confusion becoming non-consequential. She was quick to wrap her arms around Jakkya who had pushed herself up on her knees. "Oh pypo." She soothed, pressing her face into the back of Jakkya's neck. "Hu ybumukewehk, hud vun vaamehk." Elle assured, kissing the back of Jakkya's neck now. "Ed'c ug, E kud oui huf." Elle spoke softly, Jakkya reached for her hand, taking it within her own, before shaking her head wildly. "Ed'c hud ug" Jakkya muttered, looking down at her lap, closing her eyes. "E fyhd oui, drec cruimth'd pa yvvaldat po yho uv dryd." Turning around suddenly in Elle's arms Jakkya forced herself against Elle, pressing their lips together, as she pushed Elle down onto the bed.

"E fyhd du vilg oui!" Jakkya grunted, forcing Elle's legs apart and wrapping them around her own waist. "Ugyo pypo, E's ouinc" Elle gasped out, her words were more for Jakkya's sake than from her own pleassure, she felt she needed to let the girl know, that she was creating something, because Elle was indeed feeling something. "Mad sa vilg oui." Jakkya almost begged now, she was kissing, biting her way down Elle's body marking her, Elle's eyes widened at the sensation and she arched her back, gasping as Jakkya found what she was looking for. "Ur-ur-ugyo, Ur-gyo. Ugyo. Oac, ugyo" Elle sounded, moaning louder then, before trying to catch her breath when it was over. "Ugyo..." There wasn't much else she could say as Jakkya burried her face within her chest.

"E haat oui." Jakkya whimpered brokenly, and Elle sighed resting her hand on the back of Jakkya's head reassuringly, exhaling again when she felt Jakkya kissing along her chest.

"E's nekrd rana."

---

She had made it across the bridge without even realizing that she was moving, she had been so lost in her thoughts that she hadn't even registered the movement. But she supposed this was for the best, the other option would have been her freezing at the very beginnign and there were a number of reasons why she couldn't allow for that to happen.

"Oui cdemm drehg ypuid sa rir?" The voice dounded, Jakkya had almost forgotten about it. She sighed hanging her head a bit at its words."Kuut du ghuf." It was becoming very taxing, trying to remind herself that she wasn't crazy unless she started answering the voice.

While discussing such routes to take with Jakkya, he let her have the map and allowed her to move forward in the direction towards the bridge while the knight stayed behind. Aaren had secured the camp and made his way walking through humid air and venturing forth making his away up the steep pathway. He climbed his way upwards. The jet black haired man then moved to where the wall of Briar once was. The tall knight moved the black, dusty, leaves, and the left over poking and prodding branches of the Briar with his hands and feet. Oceanic eyes drifted quickly back and forth taking in how his team had left the area a day or so ago.

Aaren was looking for any wildlife that could have crossed this path while they were sleeping down river. He had continued walking, but this time a bit more carefully as he was trying to spot anything out of the ordinary. Aaren looked into the distance to see that the two mystics had already crossed the bridge and a ways ahead of him, he called out to them saying. "Not to worry, I'll be over there crossing the bridge soon enough..." Aaren paused and at the corner of his eye he saw something that looked like a mixture of leaves and tree vines that seemed to be covering something.

Getting closer to it, he knelt down and Aaren placed his hand around the pile and felt that the leaves and the vines lead inward a little. Moving back quickly before falling into what appeared to be a hole. The man couldn't have been anymore happier. This trap indicated that something besides them were on this island and he had more than feeling that it was indeed the tigrus. Grinning from ear to ear he called out to the two mystics shouting "It appears something has made a little trap for one of us." As much as he wanted to check out if the tigru were in the moutains, his gut was telling him that maybe one of them was much closer than they had originally expected.

Aaren stood back up and retrived his back pack and meet up with both Jakkya and Yuri.
Aaren couldn't stop smiling because he knew that their prey wasn't to far from them. Walking over to where Yuri was standing he said "I have a feeling that what we're looking for actually isn't as far as we thought they would be. Do you or Jakkya have any spells that are good for scouting around? I'm sure whatever made that trap back there isn't that far away from us."

Blue Voltaire
[/qoute]
Ecchi Pantsu

Priestess of Athena

OOC : For Priestess who likes flashback - Kujira <3
To translate go here :

Comatose_Angel's Partner In Crime

Divine Protagonist

12,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image

Jakkya looked back across the bridge from where Aaren was calling to them, from where she stood she couldn't see the trap that he spoke of, but that didn't make its discovery any less important. If there was a trap set, it meant that they were being watched, and closely given its placement. Whoever had set it had to know where they would be heading or at least have a very good idea. There was no way in hell that a random trap would have been able to be placed so close to them other wise, The creator of said trap would not have known that they would be back tracking....unless he or she had been watching them back at the campsite, maybe there was more than one aggressor one gathering information, and one using it to act. Jakkya didn't like this, not one bit.

Narrowing her eyes she scanned the tree line, searching for any signs of life, anything that would suggest that anyone was watching her, but even to her trained eye, nothing seemed to be amiss. But Jakkya knew better than to relax just because there was no clear threats in the area. This was a jungle, there was always something hidden in the bush. Turning back to the bridge Jakkya watched Aaren closely, tracking his pace and measuring every bounce of the bridge under his movements. It would make the most sense really for the bridge to be rigged. If she were the one settingup the tracks she would have weakened the ropes so that anyone walking across it would fall to their death. But as Aaren cross the otherside and Jakkya released a slow breath, it turned out that this was not the case. It became clear to her then that they were facing an amateur, someone that they could take advantage of.

Aaren was speaking and for the first time Jakkya noticed that the boy was smiling, she narrowed her eyes at him seeing nothing to be so giddy about, but it went without saying that she kept her opinions to herself and instead focussed on his words. "Oui lyh tu dryd Jakkya!" Jakkya looked off to the side, at nothing in particular, as she mulled it over in her head. Her Synesthesia could indeed be used as the scouting tool that they needed, but it wasn't a tool that was without its downsides. Blowing air out her nose, Jakkya brushed a hand through her short hair, before raising it above her head to signal that she had an answer for Aaren. Creating a bit of space between herself in the others for personal reasons.

Closing her eyes, Jakkya hung her head. Raising her hands to her stomach, calming and centering herself. She began to breath in deeply, her hands slowly raising from her stomach to the sides of her head, fingers pressing to her temples "Vulic" Elle hissed, Jakkya pressed her fingers deeper into her temples, and suddenly things changed.

Hearing was no longer done by her ears, feeling no longer done by her skin, sense of smell left her nose, and when she opened her eyes which were now shining a vibrant gold, she could no longer see with her eyes, her senses had changed, losing all form they became one. The world was dark to her, there were no visuals only sensations, and this is how she navigated. It was like a pulse running through her, from darkness, to brief moments of vibrant life, colors shining all around her. The bright green of Aaren's glow, the dull yet eccentric vibration of Yuri's deep brown, they were the easiest to detect because they were so close, but beyond that Jakkya was truly blind. There were so many other colors around her that it was near impossible to focus. All of the other colors were attacking her, the sounds, the smells, the taste, burning into her mind, singing her senses in places that didn't fit their functionality. As expected, from Jakkya at least, her eyes began to bleed, the blood trickling from her tear wells, she could feel a drip on the side of her head onto her shoulders as her ears were similarly leaking. Wincing Jakkya placed a hand on her head, her fingers tangling in her locks as she bit down against the pain of it all.

She stilled herself she just needed to hold on until she spotted what she was looking for. Amongst the many colors, she spotted a blue. The color of an enemy. "Drana!" Elle shouted, startling Jakkya a bit, because normally she was not able to hear voices with her Synesthesia active, nor did she expect Elle to be able to see what she saw. But then again, the girl was in her head now. Nothing should be surprising.

Wiping the blood from her eyes, and keeping her Synesthesia running just a little longer, Jakkya reached for a throwwing dagger on her risk, and with a powerful rotation of her body, she flung it towards the one who was spying upon them. Red punctured the blue of her enemy as fear and hurt rushed through its body. Jakkya could feel it yelping in pain and shock as the dagger struck home. Jakkya closed her eyes now, shutting her synesthesia down, suddenly everything returned to her, the smell, the taste, the hearing and even her sight. But there was so much pressure in her head, it was as if she had just come through a wind tunnel, the build up in her ears was unbearable.

Jakkya pointed in the direction her dagger had flown to signal to the others that they should tend to the target, while she tended to herself. Not waiting for them to leave, Jakkya took a breath and closed her mouth, holding it in, placing a hand over her nose and clenching down on it, she turned her head over her head to her right shoulder and swallowed hard, after two gulps her left ear popped, and she repeated the motion for her right. "E hajan ghaf...." Elle spoke up softly. Jakkya didn't understand what the girl meant, so she just went to wiping away at the blood on her face, pulling out her canteen and using a cloth she had on her person to clean."E teth'd ghuf dryd ed rind oui." Elle finished clearly not liking the blood, Jakkya shrug in reply, trying to relay that it wasn't such a big deal. If she were to talk, she would tell Elle that the worst part was the blood. But she felt that somehow the girl understood even without her saying, so Jakkya just went to cleaning her ears.

Yuri had been at the bridge for only a little bit of time before the others had joined her, and just as soon as they had arrived, Jakkya had glanced at her for only a moment, before the pale-haired woman proceeded to stride across the bridge ahead of them. Amused, Yuri watched the assassin move across the wobbly contraption with something that resembled focus mixed with caution. If one could call it that. Jakkya almost moved as if she was possessed across the bridge, there was no telling what that woman was focused on. Perhaps she was just putting away the previous thoughts of the bridge and zoning out so that she could get across.

Aaren had stopped to investigate the surroundings, so it was up to Yurizhan to go second, and it only felt right, as she was sure that Aaren would implore her to do so anyways. It was very well that she'd practiced the small bit of levitation on the way over, so it left her with the rather simply task of easing her way across the bridge, without ever having to set a heavy-footed obsidian boot upon the craggled wood. It would be an exercise in leisure, if anything.

Grabbing Aaren's attention with a quick flick of her elongated nails, she turned around quickly from the rail she rested upon and fluttered upwards, her dress flickering a small bit of debris as her body liberated itself a short distance into the air, the pressure from her rise causing the bridge to react, it's creak a symbol of defiance in a way. Of course it couldn't feel, or think, but the bridge perhaps had a natural way about it of hoping to toss people over, and a someone floating across it was a sure way to eliminate such an event from ever occurring. Still, her levitation was inexperienced at best, and there was no real reason to think she could save herself if she did indeed go wayward and fling over the bridge as the result of some foreign interference. Alas, there were worse ways to die -- but hopefully she could at least complete her mission before she experienced those. The bridge wouldn't best her today, that was for sure.

And right she was. The levitation carried here across the bridge with all the ease of a leaf fluttering in the wind. But, Yurizhan was no leaf. It was an astounding feat that a woman so compact, with such heavy clothing could hold herself up, after all, it was hardly her specialty. She still executed it and made it look easy however, fooling any onlooker with her masterful display of deceit. Hopefully levitating back over wouldn't be any more troubling.
At her arrival on the other side of the bridge, joining Jakkya, Aaren beckoned out to them from the other side, indicating some sort of contraption had been placed there with the intent to enrapture them within. The short woman's expression went from normal, and plain, to interested and piqued, only to slope down into disappointment as she called back, twirling a charcoal lock in her gloved finger, the spiral of the hair shining in the evening sunset.

"Does this mean our prey isn't on this side of the bridge?" She said, her uppity voice displaying all the naivete of a child, never having properly hunted for such an elusive creature as a Tigru. She didn't know that people setting traps for THEM was part of hunting such a creature after all... and.... weren't these creatures cats? It surely wasn't them setting up the perplexingly simple ditch that she saw Aaren now examining. In fact, she found it rather hilarious that someone had set such a silly trap in the first place -- they hadn't even noticed it, which was a plus for the hunter, but on the flip side of that matter, it was an unflattering and obvious trap once it had been exposed. A simple pit, it seemed. Did it think them rabbits? If it was a Tigru who had set this trap, which she simply didn't' believe, it was arrogant and foolish indeed to think a group of magicians, or any sort of human could so easily be diverted into a mere hole and captured.

She shrugged her shoulders at the thought, chuckling darkly to herself. There wasn't much she could do about the silly trap now, but if she ever did find it's setter, she'd give them a good scolding for thinking them so unwise. Then, if they were not the treasure they sought, she'd kindly ask Aaren's permission to see the wretch suffer from the inside out for their oversight. Alas, a sigh escaped his small mouth, now wishing that she could catch up to the amateurish trapper and give them a good smacking around. It seemed even more fantastical than catching a winged cat at the current juncture.

Her thoughts proved to pass adequate time, as before she knew it, the stalwart knight had made his way across the bridge, his face plastered with the same eternally optimistic look that he always bore. He inquired if they had any powers that could be of use, and Yuri's hand wanted to shoot up like a underground geyser, requesting to obliterate the extent of the forested area, guaranteeing the fricassee of whatever fool had wished to trap them. Sadly, her thoughts on raising her hand exceeded the speed of raising it, and Jakkya seemed to have another, much better, more accurate and frankly, intelligent plan. Whatever it was, the woman zoned herself into a feeling, the assasin's eyes illuminating with a golden hue, bleeding internal substance as she seemed to focus on her surroundings.

"What manner of magic....." The raven-haired vixen cooed, again surprised by the utter utility and versatile workings of the silent woman. Was she psychic? Perhaps she was accessing another dimension or tapping into the spirits of the ---

Shiiing. Welp. Whatever she'd tapped into, it had effectively told her to throw a knife at it, and with immeasurable accuracy, the silver dart flew out of her hands and pierced something, the yelp echoing through the treetops and causing birds to leave their nests, likely wanting no part of the dart-throwing mute. Still dazed by the display, Jakkya caught her attention with her movements, now covered in the blood she'd used to detect whatever it was in those bushes. Could the tracker really be this close? What a foolish thing, trying to trap them and watching from so close!!

Yuri didn't wait for Aaren as she shuffled forth, now moving like a tarantula prepared to sink its teeth into it's prey, dealing the final blow and scurrying back to its nest. Yuri's movement indicated that she thought whatever it was, was still alive, suffering, and keen entertainment for her bored eyes. Her estimations were again proved correct when she looked over the bushes to see it, that thing, the very treasure they were seeking -- a rather small, winged feline. Its right, front leg severely impaled by the force of the knife, which seemed like it had been shot out of Jakkya's hand with force enough to penetrate stone. Yuri did as she always did. She watched the slow heaving and huffing of the chest, and her once placated expression burst open with all the joy of a child on Christmas, her long incisors looking intimidating, tremendous and ominous in the auburn sunset of the island. Soon, Aaren was over her shoulder, but before he could comment, or become excited, Yuri spoke first, licking her lush lips with her tongue, gracing the top row of her teeth on it's way back in.

" Mmmm , the mission has been a success." She said, watching the thing huff and puff, it's breaths deep, but weak, the blood flowing through its fur causing it to mat and bunch up, the wings pattering helplessly as it lay there in the perfect condition. If it was going to expire, she'd much rather see it go out this way, struggling, fighting, hoping for help that was there, but wouldn't come by her hands. She simply kept her hands on her knees, using ever iota of self-control she hardly possessed to cull back her bloodlust. She slowly turned her head to Aaren and rose up, turning to stand near him and putting her hands behind her back, her grin not having left since she laid eyes on their prize.

"And now what? Shall we issue a report first? Tie it up with those tools in your bag? Surely the conditions were it returns alive, after all."

She blinked at him a few times, her smile fading into an inquisitive look. She wanted him to tell her it was okay to torch the poor thing, but, she -- and hopefully he, knew alot better than that. Carnality would have to wait. Rocking back and forth like a doll, Yuri let her boots kick up minor debris as she awaited his command, not willing to do anything reckless. If it was one thing she was careful about, it was her stature with her superiors, and the completion of her tasks. She wouldn't let such a ripe fruit be eaten until it had fully matured.

AAREN POV || STATUS: [100HP/60MP]

Making his way on the bridge was a bit of hassle. Placing his weight on the rickety old thing made it swing back and forth slightly. He arched his neck and shoulders having his eyes forward and not looking downward for secretly he was scared shitless. (Not that he'll ever in his life admit to this.) To soothe, Aaren thought if he used his telekinetic powers to lift his feet up off the ground by a mere five or six inches he would had felt better at crossing this bridge. And he was right. Not wanting to take it slow, he just went for it and ran quickly on it. Feeling the rapid swaying back and forth. Gracelessly, when reaching the last plank he tripped! Not having anything to grab a hold of his giant self free falled with hands instinctively waving around and he was more like a giant tree going timmmmmmbbber all the way down. His face kissing the mist jungle dirt. The sensation of what some ladies would call a mud mask was piled on his face. Aaren mentally prayed that Jakkya or Yuri didn't see that embarrassing display of idiocy coming from him. He did a push up with his arms moving himself upward. Smacking all the dirt, mud, and grime off his beloved beautiful complexion quickly Aaren did a double take to look around for Both Yuri and Jakkya.

Putting on a his serious game face oceanic eyes saw the platinum blonde woman run her hands through her hair and raise her hand up in the air as a signal to him and Yuri that she had a answer. Nodding, in agreement he watched this new and fascinating magic he never seen before. Jakkya had placed a bit of space between herself, him, and Yuri, and oceanic eyes narrowed in amazement. He saw the illuminating gold in her eyes. Her hand placement remaining on tightly on her temples of her forehead. Aaren watched carefully in both amazement and astonishment. He mentally took note that this type of magic reminded him of his own when using his telekinetic powers, but from what he noted differently was that mentally she was in focus to the extremity. Aaren had to stop himself from trying to do something about the blood coming out of her eye sockets, since he did not want to interrupt the process. He quickly assumed that her magicks that intensified the mental strain on her mind and pushed it to it's limits. Jakkya stood there like a statue not making a noise.

Until he heard a swishing noise and his eyes followed the spinning of her dagger. By then the knight was ferociously on the move, his lanky legs gliding through the grass like a veteran runner. Taking long deep breaths, and his chest somewhat tightening up in excitement. Aaren felt the beating of his heart. They had came so far in such a short amount of time. For him it felt like eternity. Seeing their target rustling in the grass his plastered, giddy, filled smile turned into a grin from ear to ear as he heard the yelp of the small creature and saw that Jakkya's dagger had made impact. As Aaren took a minute to execute a plan quickly, Yurizhan continued onward. Aaren let the woman go on head as he was thinking about where the dagger would have hit. How would he properly pull it out of the specimen that He and his team needed to stay alive.

The careful knight began moving forward, and met Yurizhan's side. Aaren saw the glittering smile she gave showing off her incisors. He watched as she licked her lips and naming the mission a success. Oh it was a joyous success! He couldn't help, but let out a soft chuckle to her child like excitement. Slowly he put out his long arm in front of her signaling for her to stop in her tracks. "As much as I would love to see you rip it apart, we have to keep the small beast alive. This is hand signal. I'll do when I'll need your assistance. " He said coolly. Aaren's hand signal was nothing, but a wave, as it would instruct her to come forward. He gave her one last smile and firm nod as oceanic eyes zoned in on the small winged beast. Aaren crouched down into the jungle grass carefully, and quietly maneuvering through it because he didn't want their prey to get away.

Oceanic eyes widened in amusement as he got closer to it. He saw where Jakkya's dagger had made its landing into it. The dagger stuck out perfectly in between its abdomen and leg. He watched its breathing, the chest moving up and down slowly. He merely smirked at its defeated looking appearance. Moving his bag pack off and placing it to the side of him. Silver manna formed around Aaren's palms of his hands. As Aaren began to move closer to it the winged kitten let out the last of its fight on Aaren's face. A clawed paw raging out against him and slashed the tip of his nose all the way to his high cheekbones. The pain coming from the scratch itself was like annoying bee sting. Aaren became aware of the dripping of his own of hot, boiling, blood on his face. He quickly pulled a washcloth out the side pocket of his backpack to wipe his face down. Angerly he tossed it aside in the jungle grass.

Aaren bit his lips as he re-framed from putting his massive hands on the creature and strangling it as punishment for tarnishing his perfectly beautiful face. Silver mana in his left hand fluidly moved like water, as Aaren placed his right hand slowly on the baby tigru. Tigru squirmed and struggled in his grip making pulling out the dagger a more taxing job than it needed to be. He detracted his right hand slowly and gave Yurizhan the wave signal to come forward. And she did so quickly. "Hold it down firmly. We must keep it from moving so much." As Yurizhan did her job to hold the baby tigru kitten down, Aaren carefully did his with manna filled hands. Aaren used his telekinesis to slowly pull out the dagger, and he used his right hand that was filled with his manna and continued using his telekinetic magic to slow down the blood flow coming from the wound.
He slowly made the dagger wound smaller in size, adding a bit of pressure in his hand movements stop the blood flow completely.

Once that was done he took out his canteen that was in his backpack and used it to clean off Jakkya's dagger in which he placed in his pocket for the time being. Pulling out one of his spare shirts he placed on the ground as he readied it to wrap the creature in. "Okay, Yurizhan on the count of three, you're going to move it towards my direction." His voice was very calming. He examined the creature looking at him and Yurizhan with fear in its eyes, but he was only making sure it was still alive. "One. Two. Three."

Yurizhan moved and Aaren moved wrapping it in his shirt and quickly snatching it up. Holding it in one arm, he slowly stood up and pulled out his alquiem that rested in his back pocket. Silver manna glowed into the rock, and his voice spoke into it saying "Urgent Attention. This is Knight Cavallaro speaking. The Mission was a success. Any able teleportation mages in Fang, your assistance is greatly needed. Take us back to Fang HQ immediately." Aaren then sent out another transmission to the other groups saying "All Fang members. This Knight Cavallaro speaking. Our search is over with. Please prepare to be teleported back to Fang."

Ecchi Pantsu

Blue Voltaire

Priestess of Athena

OOC : For Priestess, and you may now make that teleportation post!
Edited : Aaren's part (mostly me. Didn't have time prove read, so I did this time. I hope I caught everything.)
To translate go here :

Koko the Boss's Husband

Moonlight Stalker

Kahla

Kahla had found the interlopers, it was not hard for the young cub with all the smoke and noise they were making. She'd laid in wait as they discussed where to go next, pointing at a piece of paper with scribbles on it. From the talk the tall lanky one had made guesses about ways up the mountain and was pushing the others to go one of his guessed paths. Kahla listened carefully, and had a pretty good idea of where they were going. Slinking back into the jungle, she zipped away towards the mountain.

She came to where she remembered tall briar plants had been. Now there was only charred remains. Her hackles raised slightly as her tail flicked jerkily. Humans were so disgusting. Always destroying everything, no concept of harmonizing with the mother earth. Grumbling she set to work, paws digging furiously at the ground. She dug a small hole, not having the size or strength to dig more. But it was deep and wide enough a human foot could go in. She had time to dig one more before she heard them approaching. Quickly she scattered leaves across her ankle breakers and removed any prints she may have made. Then she slipped into the bushes to await.

The group approached and her tail swished back and forth excitedly as they neared her trap. They wouldn't get far with broken ankles. The lanky one who looked too stretched out to be fully human was being weird, staring at the ground intensely. They had clearly been here before from the bushes, yet he looked like it was all new to him, or he expected to find something. She knew they hadn't seen her or they would've said something, so he must one of those forgetful humans the elders had told about, who got lost regularly. Yet despite his confusion at his surroundings, he seemed to have some skill. She suppressed a hiss as he knelt and uncovered one of her little holes.

One of his companions went and got weird too after that. A white-haired human, she was twitching on occasion, just enough that Kahla noticed but her companions failed to. She was holding her temples and then began peering around the burned out area much like her odd-ball giant friend had. Wait was that blood dripping out her ears? Kahla glanced at the other two, maybe she should go before they really found her...

She turned as she heard a whistling noise.

THUNK.

She yowled, a high pitched kitten mewl emerging filled with pain as the blade sliced into her. For a moment the world buzzed, she couldn't help but whimper as she regained focus and the pain flooded back in. Blood was already pooling, the dagger having gone between her leg and abdomen. That was bad. She'd seen adults bleed out from wounds there after a dominance battle. She tried to move, but felt the dagger shift with her. She'd bleed out if that happened. She began to screech at the top of her lungs, hoping an adult would hear.

An answering call sounded, out of range for the humans' weak ears. The tall one came near her, with the shortest female flanking the other side. Were they toying with her? Obviously she couldn't escape. She hissed anyways, hair poofed and baby fangs fully shown. The male grabbed her and she managed to sink her claws into his face once before she was put under control. He began to pull out the dagger and she fought harder. Didn't momma always say to leave thorns in 'til the healer took care of you or you'd bleed more? Fear enveloped her, bringing adrenaline with it. She did not want to die. She continued to hiss and fight until both of them forced her down.

The pain of the dagger sliding back out almost made her pass out. Dazed she stared at the two humans, he seemed to be trying to calm her. Stupid human. Like she didn't know how evil he was. She managed a weak hiss as he wrapped it in some sort of cloth.

The human was saying things into a purple gem. Her attention was caught by the roar sounding out, closer than before. Not caring that it made more of her blood soak the shirt she bit at the shirt until she tore it enough for her mouth to stick out. Another loud kitten mewl sounded out, followed by the deafening war cry of a male Tigru. She adjusted and saw out the hole with one golden-green eye. There were Arjan and Tortu! Their wings were flapping at full speed, fangs and talons extended as they approached.

A light began to shine around Kahla. The humans were smiling at the fast approaching Tigrus, no worry on their faces. Her eyes widened as she realized what was happening. Desperately she mewed, wrapped too tightly to move anything but her head. She saw was Tortu just 10 meters away when the light flashed brightly and the island disappeared.

Okami Wolfen's Buttercup

Shirtless Prophet

User Image
                                    TiredGabby and MarcusAlertBorn to Die
                                    HP: (100%)

MP: (100%)

Nilin followed after Gabby and Marcus simply because, well, Marcus was the only reason they were able to see five inches past their faces. Just in case though she stayed a foot or two behind the limping Gabby, feeling the need to watch their backs if a creature hopefully a Tigru decided to attack them. It was unlikely after getting a better look; the cavern's walls were wide enough for a single person to stretch both arms out to touch the dusty rock. The temperature seemed to drop more as they continued on, the cold giving rise to goosebumps on her arms. Hugging herself Nilin could have sworn she saw her breath in the dim light. A chime echoed around them, the sound closer to her than she expected. She recognized it. Right away she fished for her aliquam, pulling it out once her hand wrapped around the small mirror. The purple gem embedded on the top edge pulsed a faint violet glow, signaling a message. Hoh~? Who could this be? She activated the aliquam, listening to it's message.

Aaren's voice rang within the cavern. "I just wanted to say hello as it would be forever and a day until we see each other once again, I hope you are doing well, at least better than I, and tell Marcus not to get any funny ideas, but if anything I guess part of me wants him to keep you safe.” Just as quickly as it started the message ended, the trio surrounded by silence once more. Nilin glanced past the mirror to see two pairs of eyes staring at her. Gabby was the first to break the quiet. "So, a new paramour I take it?" He didn't ask for anything specific yet she could tell he somewhat recognized the voice from the aliquam. The same was for Marcus, except she saw several emotions pass across his eyes. Marcus knew the voice all to well. She saw him starting to say something and she quickly intercepted, passively waving at her two members. "In a way, yes. But now's not the time to discuss this while we're freezing our arses here. Let's keep moving." Gabby nodded a quick ascent while Marcus merely turned forward and continued down the cavern. The crisis was averted; for now. Nilin sighed, taking a deep breath before activating her aliquam, pausing while considering what to say. Generally when she got a love note - or message such as this - she knew which words to use. But this time she felt a slight flutter in her chest.

After a moment of being lost in thought she realized the light slowly growing dimmer as the other two moved farther away from her, leaving her in darkness. She coughed into her hand and began to follow after them, close enough to not lose them but far back to where they hopefully wouldn't hear what she said next. "Well well, hello to you to Aaren. I hope you are doing better than we are. We found ourselves in a bit of a hiccup but not to worry, we'll find a way out of it in no time." At least she hoped so. She didn't like the idea of staying in this cave any longer than they needed to. "Marcus is doing... well. He's helped out more than he has caused problems this time. So don't worry your pretty head about us. If anything happens I'll be sure to contact you." She felt herself begin to babble. She never babbled! And the only times she ever did.... "One more thing! Don't... don't get yourself killed out there. Remember your promise." Right after that Nilin immediately shoved the mirror back in it's place to stop herself from sounding like an old crone talking nonstop.

It didn't take long for her to catch up to the other two, and by then they had stopped, the cavern's path splitting into two; Marcus asked which way to take. Stepping forward Nilin stared at both ways before she nonchalantly pointed at the path curving left. "We might as well take this one. It shouldn't take us long to leave here, right?"

SEVERAL TURNS AND BAD MISTAKES 2 DAYS LATER

For once Nilin thought she would go mad. Most of the paths they took led to a dead end, then they could not figure out which way they came from. The only food they found was bats - which oddly enough tasted like chicken if cooked long enough. Thanks to Marcus using most of his fire magic for them to see his mana dwindled quickly, not to mention his advances towards Gabby every now and then which Nilin put a stop to. All in all there were no Tigrus whatsoever. So when sunlight brightened the tunnel around them she thought for a brief moment that they had died and stumbled out with joy to stare at the sunlight she had not seen for two days. Thanks to the darkness though she was blinded for several minutes; at the same time she embraced it. Not long after Team Queen crawled from their torturous dark trek their aliquams flashed, the message crackling through. Knight Cavallero and his team had found a Tigru, thus ending the mission altogether.

Nilin sighed, rubbing the back of her neck. "If only he had found the damn creature sooner then we wouldn't have had to traipse around in the dark," she mumbled, preparing her aliquam for an outgoing message. The gem only seemed to darken. Was the gem losing it's power, or was something blocking it? This newfound problem only caused her to grumble under her breath until she turned around to stare tiredly at Gabby and Marcus. "It seems this damn thing decided to play games with me. Why don't you two stay here? I'll search around for a better area while we wait for a teleporter." At the sound of that it seemed Marcus got a gleam in his eye, causing Nilin to glare at the hormonal teenager. "Rest. No funny business. Understand?" She pushed forward, away from the sandy area surrounding the cavern's exit towards the thin vegetation heading inland. After several minutes passed by she spoke into the aliquam while trekking forward, her feet still aching to the point where she wanted to collapse on the ground. It seemed like forever until she heard someone answer her call.

Satellite O Love

Lady Tarien

Lady Tarien's Waifu

Divine Heckler

17,100 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
User Image

Gabryel was fairly certain that he was going to commit violence. Sadly, that firm conviction was beginning to wane for a number of reasons. His outrage was still at peak levels (to be sure), but the longer they trekked through these godawful caves, the more he banged into things and got dizzy from the awful march. More importantly, with nothing to scavenge on but rats that they caught and Marcus roasted, he wasn’t getting much to eat either. Just the thought of putting that dry, stringy excuse for meat in his mouth after watching an overeager sixteen year old dive into it face-first was enough to make him not-so-politely decline and instead double up on water. By the second day, he was desperate enough to give it a go, but the texture was such that he could only get a few bites in before his empty stomach started to rebel.

In conclusion: people have said if you’re hungry enough, you’ll eat anything. While he wasn’t on the brink of starvation and so couldn’t bear witness to such a close call, Gabryel could say with absolute certainty that the general spirit of that maxim was not true. If he could punch the man who wisely said it first in the face with an angry badger at the end of his fist (for reasons), he’d have done it immediately upon the third time Marcus caught a squealing, flailing bit of flying rat and roasted it on contact. He was tearing into it before the thing had even stopped its death throes.

Blegh.

Marcus was the problem, really. Nilin and Gabryel commiserated over their woes about poor footing and balance (though hers were due to footwear, not a lack of being able to walk upright). He scoffed and marched on ahead whenever the pair started to chatter about such inane things. It was even worse the few times that a rocky path or a narrow trail separated Gabryel from his bosom buddy – Marcus took every occasion to be a p***k. It started irritatingly enough; an overeager hand that lingered too long whenever the heroic teen took it upon himself to help his companions down or a snide comment about letting Nilin rest and going behind the nearest rock so Gabryel could “show him how to be a man again.”

Every new variation on that theme only reinforced the conclusion concerning Marcus that Gabryel had reached in his time away from Fang and whatever it was that made his thinking so cloudy there (that he was a predatory dickweasel who only looked out for his own interests), but that the barrage of youthful hormones mixed with his entitled mindset had him thinking that getting rid of his boredom would be as easy as “seducing” Gabryel with cheap lines and enough opportunity. He assumed that he didn’t hit on Nilin because she could (and probably would) skewer the most important bit of him on a heel if he got out of line. Gabryel, though, was a comparably easy target either because of his tenuous friendship with Marcus or because he was there and alive (Gabryel had no interest in figuring out the motives, really).

To be perfectly honest, it was making Gabryel anxious and uncomfortable. Despite Marcus’ veiled innuendo, he hadn’t entangled himself romantically with anyone in Fang and that extended to purely physical relations as well. Tryst’s strange transformation from a kid into a fully realized adult who looked awfully good without a shirt on was something Gabryel was still sorting out in his head, but the “night” that he’d spent in Gabreyl’s room and bed before this ill-advised, shitty mission was not one of debauchery, but legitimate rest. That was what the reincarnated teen kept coming back to during their journey – what he clearly thought were offhanded jokes about the promiscuity of people in Fang automatically segued into how Gabryel shouldn’t be shy. Even if the redheaded man was some sort of partner, he certainly wasn’t here and wouldn’t be the wiser.

Thank Ziiya that Nilin was there. She managed to cut him off with a word and start an entirely new conversation the few times that Gabryel was caught off guard by a gesture or a statement. She’d had to do so more often on the second day when the amethyst-eyed mage in question was so distracted by his anxiety and hunger that he couldn’t rattle off the same glib excuses or redirections he’d managed effortlessly the day before.

When they finally made it back into the sunlight (which so happened to coincide with the news that another team had gotten one of the damn things), Gabryel forced himself to relax. He felt a heady rush of relief with the news that they could go back to Fang (though there were many complicated feelings about that considering he was planning on fleeing the Coven with a number of concerned or disenfranchised persons), but it was still married by his ongoing anxiety about the intentions of an overeager teenager.

When Nilin attempted to get back in contact with the Coven and then told them to wait while she tried to find a better location to use her aliquam, Gabryel attempted to get up from his resting place against a large, unfriendly rock (where he’d dramatically collapsed upon seeing the light of day), but he was so wiped at that point that he doubted he’d make the doubly rocky path that she was considering going down. He would have offered to let her try his quammie, but he’d lost it at the same time he had nearly gone over a cliff on the very first day they were on this accursed mission.

When she told Marcus to behave, Gabryel tried a deflecting, lighthearted sort of laugh and added, “Don’t worry, Nilin. I’ll make sure he doesn’t go running off in pursuit of the first bit of hot meat he finds in the wilderness. The end is in sight.”

So their High Priestess trotted off as quickly as she could manage in her ever-present heels, leaving a decidedly awkward silence hanging between the two men she’d left in her wake. Marcus attempted to come and sit next to Gabryel, but the withering look that came his way when he began the walk over stalled the youth in his tracks.

“What, I’m not even allowed to sit next to you? When’d you get suck a stick up your a**?”

Gabryel sighed, “Just because I don’t want to give you another opportunity to grope me, I’m suddenly some sort of prude. But hey, since we’re at the end of this miserable excuse for a trip, I’ll be completely upfront with you about why I’m acting like this.”

That seemed to shut him up, though he did still move another few inches closer. Gabryel ignored it and shifted slightly so that a particularly pointy edge of the rock that was currently his chair wasn’t driving itself right into his lower back.

“Look, I don’t remember how much you can recall about what you did in Fang before your miraculous return to life, but I honestly thought you were dead after that whole rebellion thing. What’s more, I had a ton of time to think while being a guest of Zhu and then on our harried adventure back. I was going to tell you that it wasn’t gonna work out for us after that kiss you gave me because I’m pretty ******** up in the head. So are you, but I’m finding out that everyone in Fang is.”

Marcus grabbed at the same bracelet he’d been fiddling with the whole time that they’d been on this mission, some magical trinket since it not only glowed red, but Gabby could taste a subtle change to his aura whenever he did. “So what, you’re too good for me? I remember some things about you from before and people thought you were a weak illusionist whose only merits are your face and how easily you got into Nilin’s…well, you make no secret of who you like to sleep with so you obviously didn’t get into her bed, but there were rumors. Meanwhile, my family is revered in Fang and I was a knight!”

Gabryel rolled his eyes at that. “And I was thought to be our patron god’s blessed child back home. I don’t give a s**t about rank, Marcus. Being born into wealth and power means you’re just lucky. You may have earned your position as a knight through violence and intimidation, which is fine and dandy for some, but that’s not the best way to get into my pants. And, to be completely honest, your entitled behavior since coming back makes you look like what you are now – a petulant child. And sorry, not into kids.”

Perhaps going that far was inadvisable, because Gabryel tasted ash and could see the air bending around Marcus as he emitted heat intense enough for the already tropical temperature in the area right around them to go up a few degrees. It was stifling and spurned him to push against the rock and clamber back to his feet.

“I’m not a kid! You…You’re just saying that to blow me off.”

Gabryel pulled a face, “Completely honest statement, actually. Besides, I just told you not a full minute ago that I had already decided to let you down before you turned into a teenager. Not a romantic outcome, to be sure, but life’s a b***h sometimes and I can tell you with complete certainty that the s**t I’ve lived through makes being eaten by a giant seem merciful in comparison. At least it was over fast for you. I still can’t decide if you thought you really liked me or not and if you did, I can’t fathom why. I know I was out of my damned mind to even entertain enjoying time with such a psychotic person.”

The profanity that emitted from Marcus’ snarled frown made even someone as aware of coarse language as Gabryel (who was fairly well versed after rubbing elbows with all types, but certainly no expert) a little shocked. He followed it up with “I thought this, even back before I died, though things are fuzzy. You have the eyes of a whore and the manners of one, so I don’t know why you think you’re suddenly too good to give it up like---“

Before he could continue, Gabryel unhesitatingly grabbed one of the looser rocks in within reaching distance and hurled it directly at his head. Gabryel was already weak, so a half-starved toss was barely enough to get halfway to him, but the intention was clear enough.

“Unless you’d like to relive some of those memories, you’d better shut your damn mouth, you spoiled, worthless excuse for a human or a phoenix or whatever you are.”

Suffice to say, negotiations were quickly breaking down. Marcus grabbed his bracelet again and then, without warning, began to run at the other man. Gabryel had long since abandoned his own sense of reason at that point and turned to sprint. Even as a teenager and weakened magically, Marcus could pretty much kill him via fire without even trying. So it didn’t make it the brightest move just to run, but he was suddenly faced with an onslaught of awful recollections, of the many times he’d tried the exact same thing upon being spotted by a guard or a retainer. It followed a similar pattern – Gabryel’s bare feet sliding on the cobblestones (no, they weren’t bare now), cruel fingers tangling in his hair, the hair that he’d tried to cut off so many times but he’d always been stopped before he could do it. That was followed by a kick to the back of his knees in a somewhat needless attempt to knock him off balance. He went down hard, abusing his already scabbed hands and getting a brand new cut under his chin as it hit a little too hard along the rocks. He already tasted blood, but the minor discomfort of being forcefully taken down was suddenly intensified by a sudden, white-hot burn to the back of his right shoulder. Whatever small scrap of filthy fabric had been between the hand and his bare skin was completely burned away, and the hand that had been pushing his head down hard on the ground moved briefly to rip the rest of the fabric away.

No. He couldn’t let it happen again. Gabryel pulled at every magical reserve he had in his body and tried to turn his head, to see into the eyes of his attacker and take control, but his head was slammed back down and now the appendage that had burned him was moving down his back, ever lower, turning his clothes to ash and leaving only pain and anguish in its wake. Gabryel finally got the presence of mind to use one of his guardians, sending back the fiery heat in his assailant’s face, to no avail. What was once magical torture turned completely physical and he found his head slammed against the ground again till he was dazed and pliable.

He knew what came next – putting him in his place and making him regret all those times that he’d crossed them before with a comment, a look; even existing was enough to set them off. Gabryel was no longer fully aware of time or place, just that he wanted it to stop. Wanted them as hurt and terrified as he was to see how they liked it. But his magic was failing him. Illusions were useless, his guardians were useless. He was useless. Yet he still fought with every cell of his body.

User Image

Mood: ...

Company: ...

▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶ hp

◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀ mp

OOC:Implications abound in this post. Let’s cover them:

1: Regi, seeing a possible issue with a formerly loyal member being reborn and thus cured of the chaos poisoning that is pervasive in Fang, gave Marcus a lightly-tainted bracelet when he was mentoring him to try and speed up the process. PLEASE NOTE: Chaos poisoning in its extreme form can make someone do things that are 100% uncharacteristic, but a normal dose of it more or less harms impulse control and ruins empathy. So think of it as a push that drives your character to do bad things or entices them to begin to enjoy bloodshed and mayhem when they otherwise might balk.
2: Gabby’s magic is pretty potent, but he’s run into a situation where he’s helpless to stop an assault. He can’t use his ability to make someone else experience nightmares/memories because that requires eye contact and he’s not getting it, and his elemental guardians are foolproof against elemental mages UNLESS they are immune to their own element. Obviously, a phoenix isn’t allergic to fire, so it rebounding does nothing for poor Gabby.

3: I tried to be as vague as possible about what’s going on, but you can probably figure out that Gabby’s not just getting the sarcasm beaten out of him. He’s also overlapping memories of what happened in the past to what’s happening in the present to the point that he’s not exactly sure where/when he is. It’s a pretty intense moment and I can’t go into it as well as I would like (re: gabby’s memories and his experiences that are making this a pants-wettingly traumatic moment for him), but I hope this will suffice.

Loyal Spirit

14,540 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
User Image

+++++Tryst was lounging, high in the branches of a fruit tree. The twins had quickly come to the conclusion that it was far to hot in the jungle mid-day to get any real progress made, so that was the time they opted to rest. He didn't mind so much, it felt good to him, and the humidity reminded him of his days playing in the forests of Asere. The red fruit he had no name for was succulent and sweet, he'd carried some down to the others earlier, but had been near ceaselessly snacking on them since. In the distance he could hear the whooping cries of some breed of monkey that was most displeased with his choice of tree. Not that the beasts would dare come close enough to challenge for the spot, they were well aware, by instinct, that he was a predator. Over the racket he could scarcely hear Vivian calling to him... no, not Vivian. He looked down to the amulet, dangling at the end of it's long gold chain. Another trinket specially enchanted for him by the high priest. It'd hardly do to have the thing fall off him, or the crystal shatter the first time he tried to use it. Such had been the fate of his first, the one that had been given after the initiation ceremony.

+++++The purple jewel set in the center was gleaming, valiantly trying to brighten, and trickles of the voice he recognized as the high priestess' faded in and out. “ -yone hear me? … This is Ni- … -questing for so- “ Below, he heard naught but the even breathing of the siblings as they napped. Curious, he climbed higher. The glow of the gem and the clarity of the message improved with his accent. Jumping across branches to scale the tallest tree in his vicinity, he could see across the ocean of wavering greens, broken rarely by the taller behemoths of the jungle. The stone dazzled with deep lavender light. “ - epeat, this is Nilin requesting for a teleporter to pick up myself and two others! Can anyone hear me?” Tryst let the smallest of his mana slip into the quammie, still shy of the thing since he broke it's predecessor. “I hear you, my Lady Priestess. I, Mystic Sylas, and the Knights Cidthrope still hunt the Tigru.” The response was immediate and the tone immensely relieved. “Thank the gods someone finally answered,” Nilin sighed.

+++++“Mystic Sylas – no, Trystan, right? I remember you. The hunt is over. Knight Cavallaro and his team found the Tigru not long ago. One of the Cidthropes with you uses teleportation, yes? We need someone to take us back to Fang.” Tryst nodded his acceptance, then realized with a slight flush that she could not see it. “I will inform the Knight immediately, High Priestess. You are in possession of a marker token, please empower it, that we acquiesce to thy request.” There was a pause before Lady Nilin continued, “Very well, I'll have it ready in just a second. Don't take too long now. I'm sure we are all sick of these damned islands.” The stone darkened, the now dull stone belying the marvel it was. The Priestess had ordered urgency, and the red-headed male had been trained to act on such without thought or delay. His decent was expedient to say the least, limbs touching the living wood only briefly enough to control the direction of his fall. The rich soil was soft against his bare feet, the boots he'd worn earlier forgotten back up amongst the fruit pits of his nooning perch.

+++++Not that he even noticed such. The tall male kneeled before the resting brother and sister, stirring them with his news of success and the new orders. Vivian was disappointed, sour even, over not being the one who would return to the coven's praise. The brother spoke to her in the soothing tones that always seemed to fall harshly on his own ear, and, yet again, in the language he was not familiar with. Though one or two things had begun to stand out, some form of endearment, by affection and commonality. Regardless, he stepped back, outside the tangible zone that seemed to hold them apart in their adoration of each other. In moments the lady was looking much appeased and opened a gateway to the other isle. The trio stepped through, leaving the lush wonder of nature for a barren, rocky mountainside and an angry priestess. Nilin was standing before them, arms crossed and scowling. “About time! I was beginning to wonder if you forgot about us.” Tryst fell to a knee, as when that same stern tone had scolded him for his hood. “Forgive me, my Lady Priestess.”

+++++“Let's just get out of here.” She huffed over her shoulder as she turned to lead them back to others. Trystan could not deny he was eager to see her teammates, one of them anyway. A sublte shift of the wind brought a particular odor. The beast within stirred as the scent of roast meat hit him. Not in hunger but fear. The aroma the wind carried was that of the burnt flesh of a man. He out paced the priestess, not needing her guidance anymore, though she matched him as well as she was able. He stopped abruptly, his senses telling him every little detail of the scene before him, while his human mind rebelled, wanting to disbelieve. The shock gave Nilin the time she needed to catch up to him, her own eyes widening. She turned to the trembling Aseran, but whatever she had been about to say caught in her throat when she took in the changes rapidly occurring to male. The feral nature that he fought so hard to keep contain was rolling over him with a fury. For the priestess and knights to see, hair lengthened, blue chasing from the tips to root as it grew, irises dilating to hide the white of his eye and pupils sharpening to slits. His skin rolled, muscles shifting, expanding, fur coating his body in cherry red as his clothes were shredded by his changing mass and fluctuating mana.

+++++Nilin tore her eyes from the devolving man beside her, shock cleared, replaced by the same anger that was fueling the beast at her side. Unable to contain the raw feelings provoked by the fool assaulting Gabryel, it found release in a roar that shook the loose stones around them. The huge lions back claws sank into the earth, the ground pitting beneath him as he prepared to pounce. The boy didn't even look, so intent on his prey. He did however throw a hand back as the cat sprang. Trystan found all his momentum gone, his leverage too as he dangled, suspended mid-air. Nilin, however, had full freedom of movement, racing up to the teen, taking a fist full of his shirt and tossing him like a ragdoll away from Gabryel. Concentration lost, the cat fell back to earth, landing lightly. Fangs bared in a full snarl he began his approach. Marcus, with all the temper of thwarted child rose, attention riveted on the female that stood between him and what he saw as his. Blinded to the danger of his situation, his hands rose, Nilin lifting from her protective position over the prone male, into the air. With a harsh jerk of his arms, she too went flying, straight into the rock that Gabby had been sitting on.

+++++The young Cavallaro did not have time to take a step back toward his target. A massive paw struck him in the side, claws ripping fabric and flesh alike as the force took Marcus past Nilin, to a rather sudden introduction the mountainside. The satisfying sounds of bones cracking, and the deluge of crimson staining the boy's skin wasn't nearly enough to quiet his rage. Nilin was of a like mind, stomping over to prop the teen up, and lay into him with her fists. He'd let the female have her pound of flesh. He padded over to the purple haired male, weakly trying to crawl away, still lost in the moment. His clothes were little more than ash, his back a marbled ruin, and there was white mixed in with the charcoal and violet of his hair. The lion chuffed, and nuzzled his hair gently. No one touched his pride like this and lived. No one. The white haired female dropped the once knight. The proud Pheonix, bloodied but alive, stood as she walked away, fire wreathing him as he stepped shakily towards her. The priestess tensed as Trystan charged, seemingly right at her. Though she barely felt the brush of his fur as he passed. He ran straight into the flames surrounding Marcus, the bitter scent of scorched hair filling the air. Then, as swiftly as they had risen, the flames died. Cavallaro tried to speak, but it was barely a gurgle as his neck was being crushed in the cat's jaws. The great head shook, snapping spine and rending most of the flesh from the neck.

+++++But this was a Phoenix, and the feral thing that was Tryst would not allow it to return to torment Gabryel again. Fang and claw rendered and eviscerated while corrosive mana seeped easily into the dead body. Bone grew brittle, cracking to sand, flesh wisened, decayed, and crumbed to dust. The lion poured his magic into the destruction of this thing that would hurt his friend. Mana exhausted, he didn't have the ability to take back the form of man, but that was fine. What had once been a Knight of Fang was now little more than a gritty crater in the floor of the cave's mouth. The priestess was huddled over the injured Aseran, trying to calm him. Tryst curled his body around them defensively, providing what comfort he could as he nuzzled his wounded and traumatized companion. He'd not leave his side again, not if he had any say in the matter. And woe to any that thought to move him by force.

User Image

Mana: 5% { ❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦}
Health: 85% { ❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦}

In the Company of: The High Priestess, The Knight's Cidthrope, and Gabryel
Mood: Worried, Protective, Angry

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items