• Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

HP 96/100xxxxxxxxxxx
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

MP 100/100xxxxxxxxxxx
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

User Image

Mallik licked his lips as he dodged Tarien's swing. After all, he hadn't missed the blush on her face, as he savored that moment, even shoved away as he was and reprimanded. However, slowly the amusement left his face as he registered her words. One of their dragonkin were slain in this place? How was that possible? Even centuries old; a dragon was not one to be caught so easily. It was disturbing news to say the least, but being as self-indulged as he was, his concern turned towards the gravity of how many years he had been locked in that damned sword.

Lady Tarien probably shouldn't have mentioned the fact. It was just a reminder of why he wanted to ruin the mortal vessel he was controlling, and therefore ruin the woman; Tarien's daughter, who was now holding said vessel's companion's in a threatening manner. While threatening him. Oh what audacity. To face such insults; the very idea that lesser beings would threaten him, was really pushing it. Then another came in willing to protect her, how sweet. So, her vessel's love has already moved on with the red haired man with a talking sword. This-this was too rich.

However, he didn't care to get mixed up in their squabble. His crimson gaze looked upon the humans with interest however, as he could see it now, as he was sure Tarien had by now; her daughter was corrupted with some kind of dark magic. Realizing this, the lover boy with a talking sword chased after her through the path Simone had plowed through one wall; taking along with her the sad little man in glasses; definitely with a killing intent.

Mallik looked after them curiously, and as Tarien moved to go after them; the other girl; Silence was it? She collapsed upon the ground just like that. She had used up all her magic to keep the link between their minds, and he could feel it snap faintly in his head. Before he could say anything, he turned to look up the stairwell; there were mages; armed and ready for battle.

As they saw the hole in the walls and signs of the scuffle between Simone and Ulrick, Mallik took the chance to smile. "You humans are too late for the party, however...I can accommodate. Tarien, you take care of Silence."

The mages; four in all ran down the stairs, each shooting different elemental magic towards the three. Mallik raised his blade up however and absorbed all their attacks easily, then their attacks poured out from the weapon right back at them, just as they closed in. He followed up with a blast of fire magic, that didn't burn their corpses, but shacked them with metal cuffs that embedded the fangers into the wall. Suprisingly, Mallik found himself not in the mood to kill anyone. Perhaps it was an effect of being with Lady Tarien again; the dragon of life.

As he turned, he perceived that the girl was still unconscious, and he could feel Ulrick's spirit fighting to get out and do something. To prevent that from happening, Mallik put a hand on Tarien's shoulder. "You have done all you can. She needs to rest. I will carry her on my back, then we need to fly out of here-with your daughter..."

He trailed off as another came; the man also apart of Ulrick's party; carrying Simone on his back. Mallick waved a scaled red arm with a smirk. "Well, well. It looks like our work just got cut in half...."

Inside him, Ulrick screamed, "THAT OR MY PLAN IS EVEN MORE ********! Where is Lestor?!"

Oh he's dead. I can smell his blood on her.

No....no he can't be...I...THIS IS ALL YOUR ******** FAULT!

Suddenly Mallik fell to his knees, and clutched his head with an irritated look as his eyes flashed from dark green to crimson. "Damn forgeborn! Silence! You need me to carry your party to safety or would you rather risk their lives carrying two dead weights as fast as they can to the portal?"

It took a moment, and Mallik struggled for a second as Cress came into view looking determined to come with them, but finally Ulrick gave in, knowing Mallick was right. Ulrick couldn't grow wings and fly them out of there quickly, and he knew they had to get out now, now that Larus was there before him, all by himself.

Standing upright, Mallik brushed off the dirt from his legs rather casually, before motioning for them to come forth without regard for the red-haired swordsman through the hole they came through. He carried Silence to the grassy plain some feets away from where Lestor had been killed, and transformed before their eyes into a large red dragon; roughly standing at 15 feet tall; he didn't want to show off too much. Splaying out his wings on the ground, he nodded for the others to come aboard. He would carry them all.

Location: In Fang stairwell with Tarien, Lestor, Simone, and Silence
                                    Mood/State: Under control of Mallik
                                    Appearance: [x] [Mallik of the Rakazik Flight] Red Dragon Form
                                    Current Weapon[Dragon Blade of Essence]
                                    Theme Song: Chrome- Music Junkies

(( ))

Loyal Spirit

14,540 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

The Cycle ever Turns, Ending as it Begins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+++++She watched his eyes, felt the shock and anger her words had brought. He hadn't known how long he had been sealed. His look went grim, as his ardor finally cooled. She would have sighed in relief, if Lestor and some little ginger veshtun hadn't triggered the insidious magic poisoning Simone. The girl's rage washed over Tarien, achingly familiar. Yes, this child was her descendent, but she was also Vicktor's. The mage who wrought this was a fool, awakening her bloodlust. Did they really think they could control the weapon of death she would become? The dragoness shook her head, a humorless laugh escaping her. Wings fluttered as she turned to pursue the trio, only to be stopped by a sound like that of a hornets nest, and the red dragon's words, “"You humans are too late for the party, however...I can accommodate. Tarien, you take care of Silence."

+++++The mages at the top of the stair explained the buzzing, but a quick inspection of Mei revealed severe mana fatigue to be her only condition. The blonde did not have the mana to spare at the moment, not like this at least. She contemplated that option, did she trust these people enough? Mallik interupted her reverie, "You have done all you can. She needs to rest. I will carry her on my back, then we need to fly out of here-with your daughter..." She rolled her eyes, he thought Simone was Talia, but his plan was a good one. She nodded and began to follow as Larus approached, carrying Simone. The raven haired beauty reeked of blood and thicker things, a scent she was very familiar with. "Well, well. It looks like our work just got cut in half...." the male started to quip before Ulrick's mana surged and the body they shared was forced to it's knees. “Males” the unamused female sneered under her breath. Mallik's voice was still dominate as he exclaimed, "Damn forgeborn! Silence! You need me to carry your party to safety or would you rather risk their lives carrying two dead weights as fast as they can to the portal?"

+++++So, the red was going to show his true form? That tipped the scale, the best option was to also revert to her first form. It was going to hurt soooo nicely. A mortal body was not built to conduct that much power, a natural limiter she had agreed the dragons needed. The old adage of power corrupting and all. The mix blood Veshtun was angry, as he trailed after them. Taking a moment she stopped in front of him. Looking into his amber eyes, his heart and soul were pure, if conflicted. As the group made their way out of the hole in the cave wall she spoke. “I am grateful for your loyalty to my grandchilde, when I am rested, I will chase away the cruel magic that ravages her mind. However, to see us all to safety I must use a primal magic. One that will leave my body defenseless, both during and after. The heart within you is pure, follow it and you will find your way. But first, I request your assistance young Veshtun. Guard my body as I endeavor to save all who came here to rescue the enslaved, and those they freed.”

+++++Raising her arms to the wind, the dragoness's attention focused inward. Her pupils dissapeared, leaving not but wide diamond like eyes, silver white, yet glittering with all the colors of the rainbow. Her face slackened, losing all expression. A pulse flashed forth from her, the blonde's image blurring and expanding in time with her heartbeat. Once, twice, and on the second thump of the third beat, the mirage like image did not stop. It grew, taking the scales, wings, claws, and horns with it. As it grew, the incorporeal form took flight, and the small human body it left behind fell to the ground. Four see through wings powered across the air, sending small eddies of wind upon her companions. The height was hard to measure, but the wing span was easily one hundred and fifty feet. The soft ghost like feathers of the tail brushed across Silence, mana poured into her, enough to awaken her, but hardly the amount she needed. A soft smile crossed the draconic face, before her head lifted up and back. She loosed a roar that shook the coven, a challenge, a declaration. No murderer of her family would go unpunished.

+++++She flew to the rift, it's weave still somewhat loose. Subtlety was not her intent this time, as her claws tore across the protective barrier. It hurt, her scaled talons lacerated, burned, frozen, and numbed all at once. But the damage was done, those who wished could escape, unharmed past the sundered portion of Fang's defensive wall. A grim smile twisted her muzzle, sometimes it felt good to destroy. Pain arced up her arms from the bloody ruin of her hands, causing a shiver to race along her scales and reminding her of the flayed feet that had being annoying her from the moment she first entered this weaver's den. She lapped at the blood on her palm, a trickle of shining vapor hissing past her fangs to spin and sparkle. A tiny mimicry of herself took shape, chirping as it flew off to find the owner of those shredded soles. Turning back to the burning riot of the small town, her vision filled with the pain of the combatants, finding her target, the spirit took flight again, following the voice giving a rather stirring speech. She landed before him and his people, ephemeral and glowing. Her own voice an odd hollow mix of beastial growl and sultry female, “Well spoken, Vikar. Though I believe you are the type that leads best by example.” With this she blew her silver mist upon him, conveying to him health and what little remained of her strength, “Fight well.....” Her voice trailing off as her form shimmered out of sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Fear not Death for I have Lived, Reborn to Love, Again and Again.

** Mana Pool: 0/100% ** {==========}**User Image ** Health Pool: 70/100% ** {==========} **

In the Company of: Ulrick / Mallik, Lestor, Mei, Simone Mesa, and Cress / Vikar

Dapper Informer

User Image

APRIL ━━━ YEAR: 308x ❞
xxx
M⟫ T⟫ W⟫ T⟫ F⟫ S⟫ S⟫
30 01 02 03 04 05 06
07 08 09 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 01 02 03 04

TIME SKIP TIME SKIP TIME SKIP
                  WEATHER;
                    SUNNY☼xxRAINY☂xxHOT☀xxWINDY♒xxSNOWING ☃xxCLOUDY☁xxFREEZING ✯xxCHILLY✩

CURRENT TIME;
                    MORNINGxxAFTERNOONxxNIGHT

AM; o1.xo2.xo3.xo4.xo5.xo6.xo7.xo8.xo9.x10.x11.x12.
                    PM; o1.xo2.xo3.xo4.xo5.xo6.xo7.xo8.xo9.x10.x11.x12.

COVEN: HELL ON VANGARE;
                    >>>>>>> House Fang suffered great loses to its coven, men, women and children alike perishing in the Half-Giant Rebellion alongside several of the ex-slaves. The Half-Giants use the days to follow under Vikar's lead to a temporary camp in Civok. They successfully seek an ally within Amarile Forest, House Granate. High Priestess Kozue and the council accommodate the Half-Giants with supplies to help build their make shift home in Amarile Forest not too far from House Granate.

The survivors of House Fang begin rebuilding their home once more and are still in the process of construction. Today, High Priest Reginald and High Priestess Nilin agree to conduct an emergency Induction Ceremony (Beginning now) in Prim Forest - those who stick with the coven long enough to the traditional dates become official members by law of the coven. House Granate is has been busy searching for the Tigru's, building their defenses and creating an allegiance with the Half-Giants. Today (Beginning now) a Breakfast Feast is hosted by the House Granate to celebrate the allegiance and start the day on a positive note. The event is taking place on the west bank of Koko River (opposite of the coven).

Meanwhile Maizen has lost 15% of their lands to the Zhu Kingdom in the war while Civok has gained 10% of Zhu's lands. Holding off Civok from advancing is General Adara as she continues her battle against General and Prince Alecion along the southern border of Civok and Zhu. The past days racked up heavy loses for both sides but a stalemate has been reached for now as they continue to pull and tug. The naval fighting between Civok and Maizen has reached a ceasefire for the next four days due to heavy loses and an agreement for the leaders to simply speak.

Both House Fang and House Granate are desperately searching for clues of the Tigru's but so far nothing has come up. Even the dragons and most knowledgeable elder and book keeper know very little of this last 'key' to Arianlord.

Lady Tarien

Prietess of Athena""

Unedited Sky

Satellite O Love

Chailya of Water

Tigerx81

Uchiha Itachi Jr
                Are you sticking to teenager Marcus now? Send me a picture of him for a new icon when you get the chance.

Kandy Kip

Peacock Catastrophe

Dr McGlock
                It's up to you how you want the fight between Remington and Lake to have gone. Permission was given to you to have killed off Lake. I Don't know what you wanted Remington and Naito to have done in the Fang infiltration so I left it the information out about Naito in the summary above.

||LovelyAmarath||

Okami_Lone_Wolf

Stardust Drifter

Rocker Virus

Grrrr the Gur

Saturn Midnight

OmniMyth

RastkoB

Koko the Boss

Shuffled Ornament

15,375 Points
  • Amateur Decorator 50
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
User ImageHis anger burned as bright as the sun. Before he could act, Simone was taken from him yet again. A boot to the gut sent him kneeling to the ground with a grunt. Watching as her very shadow engulfed Simone then another man sweeping her unconscious body in his arms, that only fueled his anger!

She was his client, they had made a contract after all, Cress always made sure his contacts were taken care for. Now she had led him down a rabbit hole of confusion, but just being outside of this place had begun to clear his mind. Yet again she was taken from him, just when he was about to knock her out himself and find a cure for her! What wounded his pride more was to be told to "run". If he didn't have such a kind heart this man would have had a blade thrust in his face!

Slowly standing to his feet Cress sheathed Regaltz then ran after the cold hearted man.

"Hey you get back here with my client!" he shouted, anger pouring from his throat, "If anything happens to this woman I'll show you no mercy! I-I mean it too!" Cress felt like a fool always running after this woman. He had almost caught up with him when another woman stopped him.

A petite blonde haired woman. Coming to a halt instantly his look was one of confusion, and slight annoyance, but it was her soft, compassionate, and concerned eyes that melted any anger he held in his soul. The man she was fighting whizzed by them, along with everyone else. Cress watched as the man shifted into...a dragon!? Speechless he stared at Ulrick, slightly frightened. Dragons didn't exist but here was one right before his eyes!

The woman spoke and pulled his attention from the dragon. Everyone seemed to slowly climb onto it while she spoke of leaving her body in his care? Right now his mind was overloaded with everything but at he gazed into her eyes it was like she needed him. Strange, why was she referring to him as Veshtune as well?

Before he knew it some powerful magic erupted from her tiny body and another ghost like dragon appeared. Shocked he watched as it flew off and her body crumbling to the ground like she had just lost her soul. Whatever magic that was, it was beautiful. Cress had never seen anything like it. The spirit dragon roared loudly turning his attention to the war all around him.

A war? Wait they were in the middle of a WAR!? Since when!? Glancing down at her unconscious body by his feet Cress gently pulled her into his arms but as he slowly began to stand he found that she was kind of...heavy. Strange for a small woman she appeared rather light. No matter, with a turn he watched the man holding Simon walk past him.

Their eyes meeting for a moment as he did, was that a smirk upon his face? What was with such and evil look? Cress wasn't sure if it was a good idea to follow after these people, but since he now held one of their companions in his arms, and there was no other way out of this place he swallowed and followed after them.

Naraku would have to wait, there was no time to fetch him. It was strange climbing upon a dragon. "So we are going with them?" asked Regaltz, "You realize this could be a trap." he stated with caution not caring if anyone heard them.

"I have no choice Regaltz, whatever happens will happen. For now this woman here placed her body in my care! So I'm going to make sure no harm comes to it!" he said with slight caution as well.

Cress fell silent from then on as if he was accepting whatever was going to come to him. He had already been beaten inwardly and outwardly in this place what more could happen to him. Most likely if these people were friends of Simone, or knew her, they probably wouldn't treat him the same.

He just hoped wherever they were going...had a happy ending. Glancing down at the woman, her blonde locks circling all around them he couldn't help but find her face so delicate and pretty. He would take care of her, even if it cost him his life to do so!?

Yet what was she speaking about earlier? It was all gibberish to him. Getting a better view, the world around them was mixed with chaos. Half giants and Humans fought, people panicked, dead bodies ravaged the streets. His heart sunk, War was never a beautiful thing. Funny how people often thought it solved problems, it only made them worse.

"So much death at the cost of a selfish ambition..war is so terrible..." he commented softly his heart going out to the innocence caught in all of this mess.

One side would win, but there would be many innocent lost. Surly there could have been ways to prevent something like this from happening. Alas, if the world were kind war wouldn't exist at all now would it?

----------------------------------
HP: 100/100
EN: 100/100
Company: Everyone near the dragon

Feeling: Mixed Emotions

(OOC: I hope this post is alright with everyone. Cress has been swept up with Granate, so it's fine if you throw him in prison once they reach there. :3 I'm expecting it btw. )

Shy Sex Symbol

User Image
User Image

User Image
        April 15th, year 308x. A year that could go down in history as the start of the end of the world if Granate did not outsmart Fang with this last key. Cling Cling Cling Her heels and bottom of her staff tapped against the stone stairwell. It spiraled downward with stone wall to her left and a burst of colorful stalagmites to her right. The minerals within the stalagmite naturally shimmered and glowed a dim light bright enough to forego a torch or candle. The beauty of the underground cave cast over the fact it was reconstructed to hold any high risk being or creature that needed to be locked up or interrogated. Nothing survived for too long in this aesthetically pleasing tomb. Your words conversationally echoed back to you in an eerie manner. The air was thin and even the simplest of critters ventured down. Only the Council, High Priest, High Priestess and chosen members of Lynx knew how to get into the underground dungeon - and even that it existed. Hidden underneath the sacred Granate Temple, the cave's many pockets of spaces were ideal for all kinds of situations. Lis'Marie herself opted to stay out of what she described as the ' Reaper's Crypt '. Instead the owl decided to help out with the preparations for the Breakfast Feast. And by 'help out' she meant order members around and sit on the shoulders of the Half-Giants to seek out who would be the most comfortable perch. A second pair of footsteps trailed behind the High Priestess, one of the many Wardens of the coven who had been charged with the Mesa girl's holding cell and conditions. Not to mention the Warden needed to follow safety protocol.

Kozue exhaled slowly to calm her nerves. These past days have felt like hell. She knew rising up to High Priestess was no joking manner but she couldn't catch one break. Her encounter with Jecht made her blood boil, her hate towards demons amplified in combination with a gnawing curiosity of how he entered this realm or who summoned him. Then there was the matter of Calypso's return. The prodigal son who betrayed and ruined his own reputation within their family. How he has such a hold on Naito and Morded left the High Priestess in disgust and awe. The Council was not pleased with the news, insulted by Calypso's demands and unified in their irritation of Naito's decision. Leave it to that buffoon to melt into the tainted hands of Calypso. The brighter note being that Larus, Tarien, Ulrick and Silence returned with a blood thirsty Simone who was thankfully knocked out at the time. Even the arrival of the half-giants and their allegience made her feel like the tides were shifting. One key left yet at least they had more help. She finally got to be introduced to Vikar the Bull who Naito had imprisoned and brought the mission to. He was a nice fellow, rough on the outside but good hearted with respectable leadership skills. Perfect man for a rebellion. But luck was far in few seeing as Tarien was passed out from exhaustion and Lestor had been slain by the mage they sought to rescue. The complexities of their mission had Kozue stunned. She knew there was more to it, more she had to uncover.

"LET ME GO YOU FILTHY SWINE! I CAN HEAR YOU WALKING OVER! RELEASE ME!" Her voice was hoarse from all the screaming the past several days but she wouldn't let up. The Mesa girl's wrists were shackled, short chains that held firm to the stone walls. The metal that wrapped around her flesh had ancient symbols inscribed into them to seal away her magic for safe measure. Kozue had created it especially for the deranged girl as soon as she received an aliquam of the situation by Larus on the team's way back from Fang. " WHAT DID YOU DO WITH CRESS?! IF YOU HURT HIM I SWEAR TO KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU!" Cresstus Edge. The boy had explained himself to her and council, even providing details of his travels with Simone Mesa that lead up to his imprisonment in House Fang. Kozue could hear the sincerity in his voice but Ulrick and the team could not vouch for him until Tarien woke up. Therefore Kozue placed Tarien's sleeping form in one of the buildings within the Residential area of the coven. Her room was to be guarded at all times and locked with Cress in it until she woke up. The room included a bedroom, kitchen with stocked pantry, bathroom and living room area with books and furniture. Cress mentioned his worry for Simone but Kozue ordered the mages not to talk about the details with him. Simone's accessories and Katana were kept safely in Kozue's office while her blood stained clothes were taken off as she was given clothes she had left behind in her home within the Residential town of Granate. It was a polite gesture to the corrupted youth. Though she was kept blindfold most of the time, certainly for visits and checks. Her cot, while simple, was luxury compared to the treatment given to any other individual thrown into Lis'Marie's dubbed ' Reaper's Crypt '.

"Simone Mesa, please calm down. I am here to talk. There is something wrong with you but we haven't found a cure yet. Again, why did you join House Fang after they had killed so many of your friends and family? We need information Miss Mesa." Out of habit she took off her hat, holding it to her chest as if witnessing a funeral. It was a pathetic sight, horrid to see the previous High Priestess' daughter in this psychotic state. Nothing calmed her down from her rantings and threats, she nearly snagged a bite out of a warden's arm that got too close.

"OH ITS YOU-- Excuse me for not recognizing the all mighty High Priestess. THAT'S RIGHT, I CAN'T SEE BECAUSE YOU SCUM KEEP ME BLINDFOLDED!!! What did you do to get her position? Assassinate my good for nothing mother? She deserved it anywa--"

SMACK "Do not speak of Lady Andradite with that tone young lady, she is your mother. I didn't want to do this but you leave me no choice." Kozue's discolored eyes narrowed at the mage as her free hand pressed against Simone's forehead. Realizing what the High Priestess intended to do next, the warden stepped up to take Kozue's staff from her. After the exchange, Kozue then pressed her other hand over Simone's chest and closed her eyes.

User Image
        The red tendrils were less visible now. If one got close enough they'd see the veiny branches reaching out in all directions among the whites of her eyes. Pick off the blind fold and risk a hateful glare from her oceanic orbs. Simone gritted her teeth. She could hear footsteps ringing down. She didn't know where she was exactly but knew it was somewhere in the loathsome House Granate. She woke up staring at stalagmites and her chains. They didn't blindfold her until after their first interrogation session. How many days had they kept her here?! Hard to tell when there was no sun. Only the rainbow glow of the rock formations gave her any salvation from darkness. Those fools thought they could get House Fang information from her. Idiots! She couldn't betray House Fang, especially not Virgil. Her love. Again they were separated. Last thing she recalled before waking up was Lestor's flesh and organs in her view. Lestor. They said his name was Lestor. The blood. It had been everywhere. The mage sighed heavily as her mind wandered to the past. Her body ached for more blood. Lestor's was just fine. She even tasted its sweetness before Cress came along demanding answers...

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo*FLASHBACK: BEFORE TIMESKIP*
        A surge of gravitation magic surged through the katana. It weighed the metal down even more to help the mage cut through Lestor's muscles, fat and bones. The cracking sounds burst out as music to her ears only to be engulfed by cries and roaring chaos below. Her tongue glided against the side of her blade, cleaning off the blood with a sickening grin.

"Stop! He's dead. Simone, how could you? He was innocent!" Cress' voice rang out from behind her. His voice pitched to an angry and horrified tone.

"Innocent?! There is no such thing as innocent! Especially not to some House Granate aiding low life!" Simone screamed in return. Her back still facing Cress. She refused to turn away from her masterpiece. Blade lacerating a new open wound to the corpse of a man. Lestor's glasses cracked and stained in layers of his own bodily fluids.

"Look at yourself! Covered in blood like some ravaging beast! Just who are you now!? I think...I think these people here are right. They're here to save you. Wake up from this illusion you've created! I don't know what your life is like, heck right now I don't care. What I care about is the fact that you spilled innocent blood! The woman I met months ago would never do something like this! What's the matter!? The truth, I want it now! I've been walking around in the shadows for a long time. SImone it's time you tell me why you hate these people so much? Maybe...I can help you"

"The matter? High Priest Reginald gave me the power boost I need to protect you. To kill that monster Chi if she gets near us. To save Estella! He also provided me a HOME where my love Virgil is and we can have a fresh start again. House Granate failed me, they betrayed me. They aren't here to save me. I can see it on their faces - they want me dead. Ulrick, my ex-fiance, he wants me dead! And that lying blonde woman talking blasphemy about being my family...I've never met her! Lies. All they tell is lies!!!" SNAP Simone's glowing red eyes widened. Her body quivering in more hatred as she shifted her body around and lunged at Cress.

That was all she could recall before knocking out and waking up chained to a different cave wall. A pair of footsteps approached her. Oh right. Kozue Stettner, some dumb b*tch who took her mother's position. But why? No one had told her anything about Garnet even after she woke up. Well...she didn't matter anyway. Simone screamed back profanities at the new High Priestess without a care for formalities or respect. The Stettner's were always such snobby high class mages anyway.

"OH ITS YOU-- Excuse me for not recognizing the all mighty High Priestess. THAT'S RIGHT, I CAN'T SEE BECAUSE YOU SCUM KEEP ME BLINDFOLDED!!! What did you do to get her position? Assassinate my good for nothing mother? She deserved it anywa--"

"Do not speak of Lady Andradite with that tone young lady, she is your mother. I didn't want to do this but you leave me no choice."

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME YOUR DIRTY OLD BAT!!!" Simone cringed under the touch of the High Priestess. Warm hands pressed against her chest and forehead. Within seconds the fog of hate and rage suddenly came to a complete pause. Simone's body loosened, jaw slacked and hands unclenched. She unconsciously kept her balance standing upright infront of Kozue while her mind hibernated into the back of her own thoughts. Kozue's mana swirled around Simone as she used her divination magic for the first time in a while. Both of their eyes closed at the same time once Kozue finished the transition of entering her mind. The warden kept still behind the duo, keeping his hands on the staff and his focus on the Priestess' safety.

User Image
        Kozue inhaled sharply, gasping in shock from what she saw in Simone's past. Both females fell to their knees but Kozue caught Simone before her head hit the ground. The warden helped her lay Simone over her cot. She was knocked out again, her body in a slight sweat from the intensity of the magic. Kozue stood over Simone's body gripping her right eye in pain. A repercussion of using so much mana for her Divination magic. Once more it would darken to another shade of purple, signifying more vision loss. The warden stepped towards the High Priestess but she shook her head 'no'. She got used to the pain over these years. As soon as the pain numbed away naturally, Kozue moved her hands away from her face to observe the Mesa girl. Kozue's own eyes suddenly welling up into tears and lower lip quivering.

" Betrayal. Dark magic... I would wish it upon no one to go through what this girl has endured. The minute Simone is cured from High Priest Reginald's mind games she will wake up completely ashamed of herself. We may even have to put her on suicide watch after we find this cure. Here, I need you to send this to the council's secretary immediately. They need to know what I saw and have it officially documented." Kozue pulled out a crumpled piece of paper from one of her pockets and pen to inscribe what she had witnessed.

As she continued to write on the paper she spoke to the warden softly, " I also want that Cress boy to be immediately cleared for release if he wishes to get fresh air from Tarien's recovery room in the Residential Town. He can even join the celebration if he wants to. Through Simone's past I could see that what the boy said is true. Of course, if he does want to walk around we should assign a mage to him for safe measure. Here."

Kozue passed the document to the Warden as he exchanged it for her staff. "Now I have a Breakfast Feast to Host." Kozue bowed to the warden and Simone before heading back towards the stairs.

> > > > Amarile Forest was alive with music and the smells of an abundance of diverse foods. Musicians played their instruments in the center of the feast. They sat and stood upon a marble platform with dancers twirling around them to the rhythms and beats they orchestrated. Curious Amarile animals scurried around but kept their distance from the Half-Giants who they now shared their home with. It would take anyone some getting used to. As tall as the Half-Giants were, the ancient trees still towered over them all to provide shade from the rising hot sun. Wooden tables were arranged in a systematic order around the musicians. Some of the tables held drinks, utensils and food while others were empty and ready for use. It was still early morning and preparations seemed to be finished. Kozue walked through the grass gracefully, chin up and smile plastered on to hide the disturbance in her thoughts. Simone Mesa's journey had been a great tragedy that weighed upon her shoulders. Whenever they found a cure, the mage would surely meet obstacles like no other. How would the girl cope with reality and the fact that her mother was on the brink of death and had not woken up for many days now? Picking up movement nearby Kozue's discolored eyes darted to her left. Lis'Marie flew downward and landed upon Kozue's shoulder.

"The interrogation went that well huh? I know your perturbed smiles when I see it. " The owl stated bluntly, her yellow eyes gazing with concern at the High Priestess.

"Nothing gets passed you dear Lis'Marie. But no matter. I have a lot on plate as it is and can't worry too much on what I have no control over. I do have to make a speech once everyone arrives and make sure my family does not strangle Celeste." The older Stettner's were always difficult to convince whenever someone swayed from their straightforward path. Kozue perused the crowd that already filtered in for the early morning. House Granate members crossed the bridges over Koko River while the Half Giants had their renovated encampment a few strides away through the forest.

"Ah that's right. Your younger brother still refuses to talk to Celeste? Stubborn. You Stettner's are stubborn." Lis'Marie shook her feathery head but chuckled.

"Let's not talk about my family's discordance right now. I'll get a headache before my speech. Come, let's go get breakfast." Kozue rubbed her temple and forced herself to walk towards one of the tables. She inwardly prayed to the heavens that this day would be more relaxing as the minutes clicked forward. One could always remain hopeful even if optimism held a reputation of firing back in the most unfathomable ways.

User Image

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬[ ▬K ▬O ▬ Z▬ U▬E ▬] ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
tab tab LOCATION: Reaper's Crypt to Amarile Forest 』『COMPANY:Simone『THEME: Last Agni Kai
    ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
    xHEALTH ( HP )CE: █████████ 98/100 tab MAGIC ( M P )TANCE: ████ ██████ 45/100

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬[ ▬S ▬I ▬ M▬ O▬N ▬E▬ ]▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
tab tab LOCATION: Reaper's Crypt 』『COMPANY:Kozue『THEME: Demons
    ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
    xHEALTH ( HP )CE: █████████ 90/100 tab MAGIC ( M P )TANCE: █ █████████ 15/100

Shuffled Ornament

15,375 Points
  • Amateur Decorator 50
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
User ImageThe next few hours were a blur, once they got back to Granate's Coven Tarien was taken from Cress. Cuffed, he was led to what appeared to be a large magical courthouse.

All eyes were on him, staring down at the red haired male. The members of the council towered over him looking down their noses at him. Cress could hear the whispers. How they mocked him where he stood, some of them hoping that Lady Kozu punished him well. Cress hardly ever got afraid, even when Simone had lunged at him with pure rage, deep down he knew she wouldn't kill him.

Yet standing here, in this courtroom filled with lofty nobles, Cress was terrified. The whispers subsided as the High Priestess entered. A small yet firm woman, she strode in like a gentle peacock. One of her eyes was darker than the other, and for a moment he caught himself staring at them. She must have caught on, and her anger rose a bit in her voice as she began her interrogation.

Words were tools that could either betray you, or help you. Cress's fatigued eyes stared deep into hers as she asked her questions. He looked, and felt, as if someone had crushed him with a large boulder. Cress had protected the blonde haired woman like she had asked, and Simone was no where to be seen. The people that were in the group earlier stood near her. Their eyes filled with curiosity but suspicion. Other than Regaltz, who chose to fall silent and take the guise of a regular sword just to make sure he wasn't taken from Cress, had left him in this mess.

No woman was worth all of this. Saving Simone's sister was all that he wanted to do, but ever since coming to this continent it seemed that fate hated him. Taking a deep breath he began to speak, not caring anymore if he would die or not. If it was Cress's fate to be snuffed out then he had no regrets. His words poured from his heart, they were honest and pure. Despite the council all around him mocking and taunting his words, the High Priestess seemed to ignore everything around her and focus on Cress.

Was that pity in her eyes? Perhaps this was all just another illusion. Once the swordsman spoke his peace he hung his head, tired and sad eyes staring at the brilliant wood of the stand he was on. The room suddenly began to clamor loudly as all the members began to debate what to do with him. It wasn't until the sound of a staff hitting the wooden floor erupting in an echo that made his heart jump.

Everyone fell silent as she drew a breath. Closing his eyes he smiled softly, expecting to be taken to the guillotine or something. What came next surprised even him, the woman kindly decided to wait until Simone and Tarien had awoken to continue the trial. He would be placed in a room with the blonde woman while she recovered. As he was taken from the room their eyes met again, she believed him. Kozu's once angry and serious eyes had softened into gentle motherly eyes.

It was like she was mentally saying "Everything is going to be alright...." to him before she turned and left the court. While he was being led to the place of his imprisonment he kept asking the stone faced guards about Simone, yet none of them cared to reply keeping their vow to their High Priestess.....

The next few days he spent staring out a window at the brilliant city below. They were celebrating their victory, everyone about the town was preparing for some kind of fancy breakfast. Cress had asked one of the children who was out delivering fresh bread one morning, it would be a feast to celebrate their victory and partnership with the Half Giants.

From everything he had seen, experienced, and watched as they were flying out of Fang, left him with mixed emotions. It pulled him into a slight depression, to which he hardly ate. Regaltz had to coax him to make sure he survived. There was a small parade for the Half Giants as they entered the city.

One of them, a mountain of a man with a very well kept beard, had been elevated on a stone block and was easily carried around by four other half giant men. Vikar, the name that was shouted among his clansmen and women, roared in Cress's ears as he watched. The swordsmen had met a couple Half Giants in the past, and from the bit he had learned they were not wise to fight. Powerful men and women that could easily rip you in half if you angered them deeply.

While the world outside his house like prison erupted with joy, Cress was silent. Tarien had yet to awaken, even though she had been given the treatments she needed. Whatever magic she used must have been very strong. Despite being imprisoned again, he was able to get enough rest as his nights weren't filled with nightmares.

This Coven was different from Fang, one could easily tell this was the "Light" side of the conflict. Cress was fraught with worry over Simone, and was concerned about the blonde haired woman who still remained asleep. His mind was lost in deep thought, there had been so much spoken to him as of late and he was trying to wrap his mind around it all. His mark was now permanently dark as if it had changed a bit. Was he really a Vestun?

All his life Cress had thought this was an ugly birthmark, but it seemed that it was much more. Regalz was deeply concerned for his master, and tried to speak with him but was usually given a "it's alright", or "ok..." from his master. Soon this fancy breakfast would begin, and the day it dawned approached.

"Do you think they'll let us into their feast?" asked Regaltz, who had taken to comfortably be placed in a soft chair.

Cress, who yet again viewed the town from his tiny window, sighed. "I doubt it. For all we know they probably killed Simone. What a mess...I don't think I can take this anymore Regaltz. Why are we fighting? What are we fighting for anymore? I...just don't know." he said finally breaking his silence.

"Master, you fight for the innocent. It's the promise we took together when we formed our contract remember? Good, it seems that you're recovering. I was worried you'd be lost in your depression forever. I've tried talking to the table but it lack's any common sense...." he mused happily.

Cress turned around and stared at his blade. Giving a faint chuckle he lightly smiled. "Well it's made of wood, I doubt wood is intelligent." he mused back leaning his back against a tall china cabinet. "We've left one fancy prison for another. Except this one is inhabited by a woman who's lost in the land of dreams. I swear, saving some woman's sister is starting to become one large headache."

"Indeed! Though I know you Cresstus, I doubt you'll abandon our friend. Simone probably is tied to some wall or something. That poor woman, why are mortals with magic so callous? Alas, she may need someone close to cling to after she's cured." replied Regaltz his voice filled with sorrow.

Cress hadn't thought about that. Whenever she would be cured, Simone probably wouldn't feel to happy about what she had done. "I stll don't know what happened to her though. She was so easygoing and sweet before. The way she looked at me before she lashed at me that night, her eyes were so full of pain and rage. It was like she wanted to kill every living being. It's a good thing you're here with me or else I would have been gutted by the woman who promised to protect me...."

"Even in her madness, Lady Simone still cares about you. Whatever they did, those Fang people couldn't change her heart. You must have made some kind of positive impact on her. I would advise you to take care of this woman Master. I doubt you two have romantic feelings, but she obviously has been hurt a lot in her past. Simone's cries of blind rage indicated that. You may not have been able to fight and free her the way you wanted, but perhaps that's for the best. What if you cut into her soul? She would never forgive you. There might be another way to comfort and care for her. Friendship is a slow blooming flower after all, it takes time and love. , and one thing I'm proud of Master, is that there is a lot of love in your heart."

Cress glanced away blushing shyly. "Gah cut that out! You'll embarrass me, All of this isn't like you Regaltz. You weren't dropped on your hilt or anything were you?"

"No, over these past days I've been thinking as well. I realized you do not get complimented much. I apologize for that because all I seem to see is the folly in everything. You deserve so much more than you get, I am honored to be your weapon...also your friend."

Cress smiled softly at his weapon and nodded. "I am too. I take you for granted, but I'm glad you're here to protect me Regaltz. I really couldn't have come this far in life without your help." he replied softly letting out a sigh. "Well I guess I'll cook something up for breakfast. I doubt we'll be frolicking around until Simone clears this mess up for us. I have to say, the atmosphere of this place is a lot better than that Fang place. I feel like we can trust this High Priestess." he stated closing his eyes.

With his heart now slowly recovering, hopefully things would turn out better for him and Simone. Not to mention, he was concerned for the blonde haired woman. Cress began to wonder if she would ever awaken.

----------------------------------
HP: 100/100
EN: 100/100
Location: Town, in a fancy living quarters with a recovering Tarien
Company: Regaltz, Tarien

Feeling: Slightly feeling better

(OOC: )

Wailing Lunatic

User Image

Well that had happened.

Voodoo lady, yep, that's what she was calling her. Had been taken down by Reginald's red headed companion, and No Name and Gabby were being forced to take care of the cleanup. Leave it to the pompous a** to not be able to see anything through himself, would probably explain why the 'oooooh so secure' House of Fang was being infiltrated now. Why Regi thought that she, a knight of Fang was better suited transporting a unconscious prisoner than out fighting was beyond No Name. But she wouldn't complain, fighting wasn't her thing, love before war, peace and all that groovy stuff Though she'd reap the spoils of war, in a heart beat, namely skins. Skins, Skins, and more skins. The upside of magical warfare was that the skins were always a bit more enhanced than that of an average humans.

No Name gave Voodoo lady a once over and thought about how much of the woman's magic could be procured through her skin, it was almost a shame that she wasn't dead, and that No Name had been given order by the high priest of all people to move her to the cells. Lame.

She could probably get away with ignoring the order, maybe. But not with Gabby with her, not that the man was uptight about breaking rules, but she did have a feeling that if she stepped out of line, with him being involved, that any punishment she would face would be shared by Gabby, and that wasn't fair to her friend.
"Yea, this is a job for Manny, hm wasting a lot of skin today, you're gonna have to pay me back later, sweet cheeks." No Name said reaching into her pouch and pulling out another skin, this one of slightly bulkier, flabbier composition, this version of Manny would be transporting dead weight, it'd do him well to have a little extra bulk on him. She squeezed the flesh in her hand and with a bit of a glow it disappeared, and within seconds Manny appeared, but surprisingly he wasn't the only sentient being that appeared, there was a figure of a small blonde girl between them, and despite the girl being completely foreign despite a slight resemblance to the late Evella, No Name made no move to attack. The girl didn't seem hostile....or human, and as she quickly went to administering aid to Gabby's wounded feet via magic, it was over quickly, and with her work done, the little blonde vanished.

What a day.

"For all this talk of bad luck Gabby, you sure do seem to have a guardian angel watching over you." No Name joked, before turning to Manny who was now completely different than what he had been before. Old Manny was 5'8 180 pounds, this Manny was a 6'8 210 pound monster....maybe she had over compensated but whatever, she thought he looked cool. "Do me a favor Mannykins" No Name sang in a sweet voice as if the Mannequin had a choice in the matter. "Carry her for me? We have to take her to the cells, by the orders of out glorious leader, and don't tell her I said this, but she's a bit to heavy for the both of us, must be whatever it is they feed her at Granate." The mannequin nodded, it's shoulder raising and falling as if laughing at her joke before he reached down with one of his massive hands and slung the woman over his shoulder.

"Alright Gabby, follow me I'll lead the way to the-"

No Name was cut off as the wall behind her imploded, and rubble flew into the hall, she ducked at the sound, but she hadn't been fast enough to avoid being clocked in the head by a rock of a rather large size, she fell forward barely managing to catch herself as she was stuck in a daze, trying to piece together what was happening, she turned her head and saw Manny hovering over her, and Gabby who had been pushed to the ground by the mannequin as well. Such a gentlemen.

When the dust cleared No Name felt it safe to roll over on her back and access her own bodily damage. Reaching up to her head, she touched the back of her noggin where the rock had hit and felt a wetness there that signified blood, and she wouldn't lie. It hurt. A lot. But it could have been worse. Sure the world seemed to be moving a tad bit slower....sure her thoughts were swimming a lot more than usual... sure her body felt a lot heavier and all of her movements felt like they were weighed by 100 pound bricks, but it could have been worse.
"Well that happened, you alright Gabby?" No Name asked, giving her friend a smile.........

Or at least.

That's what she thought she said. Really her words had come out as slurred and garbled nonsense, it was like for a split second she had been reverted to a toddler and was just gurgling cutely at anyone she recognized. No Name didn't even realize that she couldn't understand what she was trying to say until she saw the looks on both Manny and Gabby's faces, well the look on Gabby's face and the flinch that rocked Manny's massive body. She opened her math to speak again, to try to get her point across again. But it never happened. Her eyes rolled in to her skull, and at that moment. No Name began convulsing. She was having a seizure.

"Don't you trust me?" Nullus had asked, he always asked her this when he wanted them to have sex and despite how many times she had replied yes, before turning him down, he still always asked her this question over and over again. But this time. It wasn't about sex. No he wanted her true name. The ultimate vow of touch, he had given her his.

Though now it felt so difficult to remember....but she had just heard him say it.

"Of course I trust you. I love you Nullus." She spoke without realizing she was thinking the words, but she seemed to have been granted this increased clairvoyance, because she knew that her words had trapped her, she wouldn't be able to back down now.

"Than tell me, your name."

Every fiber of her being screamed no, told her to run now and that everything would be ok, that if she turned her back on this "love" that she would avoid a great tragedy, her body wouldn't listen to her brain no matter how she tried to shut herself up her mouth still opened.

"Jingna"

"Jingna?" He asked and when she responded, she knew that it was in a voice that wasn't her own, she was a puppet, a slave. A fool.

"Yes, Nullus."

"I need a favor from you, I need some people....too burn. Do this for me."

Before she knew it, her world went black.

The next time she opened her eyes, it was as though she were in hell because she was greeted by nothing but fierce burning fires and screaming. But above all the wails of agony, she heard her name, being screamed over and over again, forcing her body to react, to search.

"Jingna! Jingna! Please!" it was Null. He had been caught in the fire, his skin was blackening, and she could tell that even if she saved him now, that he was dead, there was no point in stopping the fire.....

She could stop the fire.

All this burning around her, she was in control of it. She could control it all, t-this was. This was HER fire. Horror struck her, all to quickly as finally the veil of darkness seemed to lift from her eyes. She had committed genocide, these screams of agony and terror were caused by her hand, she was a-

"You!"

She turned to regard the voice, and saw a woman, grotesque burns marring her face, and her arms. The woman was clutching a cloth to her chest, and she could see blackened fingers clutching the cloth, her stomach lurched. It was a child, and with all this chaos around them, the baby was quiet. It didn't take a genius to know it was dead. "You did this!"

She took a step back, shaking her head
"N-no." But her panicked words fell on deaf ears as the woman cupped a burned hand over her mouth and began yelling. "She's here! The little monster is over here!" It took only a moment before she could hear them approaching, and while she wished she could stay the course and clear her name. She wasn't stupid, they would murder her before they allowed her to speak, so without a glance back.

Jingna ran.

No Name opened her eyes, slowly and instantly had the close them, it was to bright the lights, they hurt her head. She let out a whining moan in protest at the increased pounding in her skull, finding it hard to fight the tears that were forming in her eyes. Though fighting those tears began an obsolete objective when her head cleared just slightly and she realized she had no idea where she was, she sat up quickly in a panic and her head only pounded harder, she turned her head to her right and noticed a male sitting besides her, he was looking at her, he had purple eyes and tan skin, and his hair....it was so weird, like black and purple...but that wasn't important, no not at all. What was important was that she didn't know who he was, or what he wanted with her.
"Who are you?" No Name asked her voice dull, weak she sounded like she was falling asleep as she spoke.

"Who are you? And why are you here?
However No Name quickly jumped gears as panic settled in again, she remembered the fire, she remembered people coming for her, coming to...to... they wanted to...they were coming! "They're coming!" No Name whined, weakly, she began struggling as if trying to raise out of the bed but she couldn't she didn't have the strength. "They want to hurt me, all of them! You're going to hurt me, aren't you?" No Name asked, she was still looking around oblivious to the fact that the room was secure, she was delirious, afraid, and in pain, her head just hurt so much. "Are you?" No Name pressed weekly, her eyes wide, as she regarded her, 'could-be' attacker.

Comatose_Angel's Partner In Crime

Divine Protagonist

12,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image

User Image

Shi went back to her tavern, the elven woman spiraled down through a wooden hallway adjectcent to the kitchen and the bar itself. She head into her room. Opening a closet she found the two things that she needed to find. A white ironed out military jacket that had blue violet tasel around it. Along with the Civok Emblem on the sleeve of it. His necklace that hung on to the neck of the jacket showing his ranking. The ranking of a Lieutenant. Shii smiled brightly at the view of Mordred's uniform. She muttered to herself. "Ohhh...He looked so handsome back then, and He's even handsomer now than he was before. Oh I can't wait to see the look of Lady Ember's face."

Shi took out the uniform and sat down on the bed, she looked around for something that would suit Ember as well. Not frilly, not frilly...oooh I hope this will work. I mean it isn't frilly, but I used to wear this when I would go out.
                                                    Shii pulled out a Green Dress. She titled her head and stared down at the skirt and felt the mixture of cotton and silk. She moved it back and forth saw that it gave movement. The skirt of the dress wasn't long just enough to cover the knees. It had a opening in the back of it giving a somewhat edgy look to it. Smirking, she thought to herself thinking. With those snow white locks of hers, and this look she'll definitely get the attention of any man. Including the prince!
                                                    Then dug through the bottom of the closet to find some black boots. To match with her dress and that would more confortable than the orginal pair of shoes that went with this dress. After gathering, both outfits and such. Shii head her way back to inn.

Mordred, had a book in his hands reading before he went to bed. He made sure that placed his papers on top of the nightstand that was by his bed. One paper that Civok's Emblem and seal saying what he used to be and how he did receive a noble ranking in Civok, but didn't take the housing or all the extras that came with it. He placed the report that 'Celeste Stentter' wrote on general Greaves and how he was in his care at the time. Lastly, a letter that High priestess Kozue had written herself about why Ember and him were to meet with Prince Alecion. He heard the door of the bedroom open as Ember made her way into the room. Looking back at the papers he sat his book down. Then he looked toward the baby sloth still resting on his pillow. He was sitting Indian style and he faced Ember and gesturing her to come in.

"We should rest, but before we say our goodnights, I wanted to tell you briefly what had happened. Back when I was younger, I had a affair with a man named Marcus Cavallaro. I was part of the military trading between Mazien and Civok at the time and he was the Noble that was handling it. Long story short. He was my first love. Where I'm from, if a Veshtun of my clan were to have a any type of connection with anyone we loved or cared about. If they were to die or be in great pain, we would feel it. I have great feeling that my Macrus is now dead. To be honest with you, after this mission. I want to go Mazien and find the whereabouts of him and figure out if he's truly dead or not."

Ember sat on the edge of her bed and crossed her legs. She listened as Mordred explained who Marcus was and how he was connected with him. It all began to make sense in a way. After he stated about going to Maizen to see if he was okay, Ember nodded in agreement. "I understand Mordred. You should go and see for yourself. Once we meet up with Prince Alecion, I can take over the mission from there if you wish."
                                                    She mentioned then reached up to her cloth and pulled it off. Revealing her bright purple orbs, she blinked as she faced him. "I would want to do the same." She said softly and then smiled. She turned and pulled the covers over her and rested her head on her pillow. Facing Mordred as she lay down. "But for now, we should get rest. This town doesn't seem to know where Prince Alecion is at." She stated and closed her eyes to try and get some rest.

Mordred nodded in agreement. He said to her before saying goodnight. "Yes, my personal business can wait. I have priories. This finishing this mission is currently is one."With that Mordred went back underneath the covers of his bed and turned off the light of the lamp.

~~Day one~~~~
                                                    It was rather early, but the anxious Veshtun couldn't sleep. Voliets opened and stared at the darkness in the room. He think. If only I had enough time...I pray that some how Ember and I can reach peace.
                                                    Mordred thinking was referring to his own personal thinking of war. He was a man of military. He view so much bloodshed and pain through his lifetime, even for being such a young Veshtun. Internally, after knowing that the one person he loved is now or could be dead he began to develop these uneasy feelings within himself. Mordred turned the baby sloth to check on it. It was still sound asleep. Thinking it has eaten since they were in the bar. Mordred turned to it and woke it up softly. It blinked open it's big eyes and it looked upon his master it excitement.

The sloth crawled on his shoulder and Mordred crawled out the his bed. Placing his feet down softly on the ground, he watched Ember sleep peacefully. He knew that she could hear and sense vibrations, so not knowing if she turned that power off during her sleep he did his best not to wake her. Going into the inn's kitchen he opened up the fridge. Shii left some milk for the baby Sloth along with some carrots. Pouring the milk in one bowl and carrots in other. He took the little guy off of his shoulder. The sloth devoured everything in site. Mordred chuckled to himself. "See I knew you hungry! You do more than just sleep little guy!" He petted the baby sloth and cradled it in his hands.

Nuzzling the creature with his chin and nose he placed him on his shoulder. Walking out the kitchen he went back into the bedroom and found their outfits on a small table adjacent to the doorway of the bedroom. Lifting up his military jacket a light smile came across his face. It has been ages since I wore this!
                                                    ]Normally, would have dressed in the bedroom, but since he knew he had female partner, he took his uniform into the bathroom. He slipped everything on with ease. Looking at it in the mirror he adjusted his tassel that and the ranking badges . There was one badge he made sure was on, just that he wouldn't get confused with other active soldiers. I certainly don't want to fight another war today. Especially if I don't have too. Mordred walked out the bathroom with the Sloth looking around on his shoulder. He walked in and saw that the light was on. Facing Ember he said softly. "Good morning. Did you sleep well?"

((At the inn))
                                                    Ember woke up a little after Mordred had entered the room from wherever it was he was at before. Once he walked into the bathroom the female mage sat up and stretched. A yawn came to her as she scratched her head as well. Her hand lifted up to find the lamp, when she found it Ember turned the light on. She sense Mordred stand over by table. The blind mage stood up and walked over to it. Bent over and picked up the outfit that Shi had gotten for her. It was soft, and felt like silk. A smile came to the girl's face, at least Shi had gotten what Ember had asked for. It felt like it would be easy to maneuver in if they were to get into a fight. Ears picked up on the door handle as Mordred had opened it. She looked up at him, her purple eyes blinked as he asked if she had slept well. "I did in fact. Though I believe I tossed and turned a lot. So I guess not much sleep. And how did you sleep?" She asked, her hand ran back over the dress. She felt a large opening in it. Ember wasn't sure if it was torn or part of the dress. Her hands lifted it up to her chest, (the back facing Mordred). "Will this look good?" She asked.

((To the border))
                                                    Once they were both situated, Ember found a stable that held a few horses. She talked to the man that was in charge of them, and was able to persuade him to let her borrow the steads. She mounted a chestnut colored horse, it had a black mane and tail along with dark colored socks. She petted the side of his head gently and smiled. The horse neigh-ed in eagerness. She faced Mordred on his horse. "These might help us get to the village near the border a bit faster. It will still take a while to get there. But it would be better than walking." She mentioned and gave him a smile. Ember had put her cloth back on over her eyes back at the inn. She had Shi help her with her hair style to fit with the dress.

Mordred's horse was a midnight black horse that a diamond on it's forehead. He waited for Ember paiently as she went back to fix her eye wraps. When coming out of the inn he made a slight gasp under his breath. She is truly a eye opener. He thought quietly to himself. Shi hugged Ember and looked at Mordred giggling. "Oh look he's blushing."
                                                    Mordred turned away in embarrassment he shouted back at Shii. "It's obvious. Any man would blush at the site of her. Ember...you just so beautiful right now. Please excuse my unnecessary...blushing...ummm let's head out shall we?"

Ember hugged Shi back in return and once she stated Ember had Mordred blushing she smiled. She believed it was a good sign that she looked pretty good. "Now now Mordred, we're partners here. No need to be bashful. But yes let's get a move on. I hope to see you again Shi." She said to the bar keep and smiled at her.

((Late Afternoon of Day one))
                                                    It was the heat of the day. Mordred and Ember rode onward until they had reached a small village that was outside of Al-Lerum. Outside the village were Civok soilders camping out. A a female military officer Blocked their path. She shoved her hand at Mordred and Ember aggressively. She barked to Mordred and Ember. "State your business!"Mordred's eyes narrowed at the woman. He pulled out his papers. Handed them to the woman. The officer snatched the papers from the vesthun's hands and He bit his lips at her rudeness.

Is the Civok troops behave now since I have left? No respect.The woman reviewed the papers and out of shock and bowed at their feet. "My apologies former---He couldn't hold back anymore. He coldly barked back "On you feet officer! I do not have such time for such formalities! A woman of your status should have known better who I was. My companion Ember and I wish to meet with the prince. I ask that you let us stay with the company just for today and send a message to Price Alecion. It is very urgent. The consequences of all of Vangare rest in his hands and in this meeting we will have with him."

The female was taken back by his words, but nodded and gave him back his papers. "As you wish master Eaulligus. Please you and your companion make yourself at home. I will hand write the message myself and sent it to the prince at once."They followed the red-haired officer into the campsite.

Ember listened at the conversation the woman and Mordred had. So they didn't seem to notice he was an ex-military? Kinda rude but Ember could understand if he was out for that long. Well possibly. Once the officer announced that she would sent a message to the Prince right away. Thus allowed her and Mordred to stay with the camp. Soon their mission would be complete, and another tally could be marked off on her mental note pad. Ember dismounted her horse and tied the reigns up to a nearby post. Stood there and looked around. The boots were a bit uncomfortable but Shi insisted they look good with the dress. Ember was sure just bare feet would look good to but she just went with what Shi said.

Mordred did just the same and followed Ember. He looked at her shoes and looked as she looked very unconformable in them. Shaking his head. He said softly " You know. I don't think these boots that Shii gave you are exactly-- He leaned downward slightly trying to help Ember take off those funny boots. The male clumsily lost his balance and without trying to he completely pulled Ember closer to him and his lips barely hit the tips of hers. Her lips felt soft to his and he couldn't hold back anymore. It was animistic feeling had came over the male. It was his first time ever kissing a woman. Since in the past all he has had was male partners. He pulled her closer to him and he decided to let the kiss finish on it's own. However, it was rather short as he pulled away quickly and turned his face back in Embarrassment. Breathing slightly heavily he whispered to her shyly.

"I'm deeply sorry Lady Ember...I didn't...I didn't mean to that was...a accident...I was only trying to help........."
                                                    He stuttered all the way through that last sentence. He was squirming around in embarrassment and he close his eyes waiting for a hit. Surpisely though even though he just shared his first kiss with her a woman partner it was rather enjoyable at the very least.

Ember turned slightly as Mordred mentioned about her boots, "They really are uncomfy, but Shi said-" She managed to get out before Mordred lost balance and they tumbled to the ground. He grabbed her to shield her from the landing and in doing so, his gentle lips touched the tip of hers. Ember's eyes widened under her cloth that cross her eyes. And before she could turn away in embarrassment he continued with the kiss. And without a second thought, she had kissed him back. Though it wasn't that long of a kiss. Once he pulled away she sat up and lightly scratched her head. She wasn't sure of what to say, put she just placed her hand onto his cheek. "It is alright Mordred. Accidents happen, you can help me with the shoes though. I haven't really warn them before...so I don't know how to remove them." She stated, her cheeks were flushed with red at the previous situation. She had never kissed anyone before. Of course she had kissed Simone and Remi's cheeks when they were kids.

The male was shocked that she took the situation so well. If it was any other female he would expect to get a slap of some sorts. He nodded quietly and attempted to remove her shoes once more. He untied the ties on the boots and loosened them up. He pulled one off of her foot and then the other one in the same manner. He examined her feet and they looked swollen from the boots. He sighed. He felt rather guilty of the fact that she hurt her feet wearing those things. He began rubbing softly on her feet and ankles and looking up at her for a brief moment. He said softly.
                                                    "Ember, I'm deeply sorry ...for that..It must have been your first kiss from a man...It should have been from someone you ...admired or loved..rather than I. At least I can say the same thing..well it was my first kiss with a woman actually. To be honest with you. Well I hope that your first kiss from me was at least enjoyable. "
                                                    He gave a warm smile, trying to make the situation less awkward than already was. He continued rubbing her feet. Sighing once more in annoyance he examined her feet one more. The swelling of her feet had went down, but still wasn't to his exceptions. He muttered to himself: "I really wish we we're near a source of water.

The male looked up at her again and stood up and with out any type of warning he threw Shii boots somewhere and picked the blind woman up. Cradling her in his arms bridal style he carried her to the nearest tent. He found one of the soilders who looked rather confused at them. Mordred said in commanding like tone. "Fetch me some proper foot wear. For a woman please." The female officer appeared out of nowhere looking astonished. Master Eaulligus! What happened? Please let me escort you to a tent where the both of you will be staying. By the way. The message from the prince has been sent."

"My companion's footwear wasn't exactly suitable on the way here, the heels of the boots broke. Such cheap material I know."
                                                    Talking his way out of it the officer nodded and showed them to there tents. The officer looked at Ember's feet and notice they were swollen. "Oh my! Please is there anythin---He interrupted saying Water please. My magic. I can heal her feet properly if I...
                                                    The officer nodded and grabbed him a bucket full of water. He sat Ember down on the ground and placed his hands in the bucket. His blue-violet manna started form his hand and he began rubbing her feet once more. His soothing touch from his water magic had brought the swelling down tremendously. Mordred smiled brightly at Ember and said "There I hope that is better. Let's just rest here shall we. I'm sure they'll bring us lunch and ect. Would you like to tell me a bit about yourself? Or would like to hear a bit more about myself?"

Ember felt the shoes begin to slip off her feet. It felt so much better to have her feet able to breath instead of being stuck in those boots. Ember bet they looked nice on her but they just weren't comfortable. His hands then grabbed onto her feet and ankles and massaged them. It felt very nice, to have her feet relax under his touch. Mordred then began to apologize to the blind mage, she smiled softly. "I will admit to you Mordred, I experience a feeling I haven't felt before." She stated and felt herself lift from the ground. His arms under her legs and behind her back. Her head rested against his shoulder as he took her over to a tent. Though Mordred spoke to a soldier and demanded he fetch footwear suitable for a woman. In all honestly she didn't want to wear more footwear, but oh well.

She picked up on the voice of the captain as the woman asked what had happened. Mordred asked for her to get him water. And thus he began to massage her feet again. His hands a bit wet from the water, it was relaxing. Ember let out a gentle sigh and looked to Mordred, "That feels loads better thank you. I guess since we're sitting her for a while that I can talk a little about myself." She said and leaned against her hands, thought about where to start. "Well, my family left me when I was eight. Ever since I was born I was despised, they believed I was an omen. I am blind, yet my eyes are a bright purple. After they left I had bumped into Simone. She and the rest of the Granate coven became my family. They taught me how to use my mana and I learned to use echolocation. Similar to that of a bat, but I don't need to make a noise. I just use the vibrations around me to locate where I need to go. I am able to feel what I want to though. So the coven is my family, my friends." She stated, and scratched her head. "I know it probably sounds lame. But to be honest I've never really had a lover like you have or like a crush. I guess my first close relationship that way would be Remington. But it was a kid crush so I got over it."

He continued to rub her feet. He wanted all the pain of hers to be away. He listened intuitively to every word she was saying. Abadoned? Her family did that to her...I guess we have something in common.She metioned something about Echolocation. He stared at her feet again. He took left hand and slapped across his forehead. "Ember Forgive me...I'm been a idoit or rather forgot to tell Shii that you don't ware shoes...A soilder walked in their tent and tapped Mordred on the shoulder. He looked up and saw sandals. He shook his head. He spoke with a bit of suaveness in his voice. " I do apologize, we won't needed those, my assistance and I weren't aware of my companion's ability to use Echolocation. She told me she feels more natural barefooted anyways. I do say though I love women's feet."

By making the soldier feel creeped out the soldier backed away and walked out of the tent in a instant.Yes, please go away. Lady Ember and I are enjoying alone time.
                                                    He thought as if he wanted to pretend like they were couple if only for a moment. It was obvious that found her attractive. Her manners somewhat reminded him of a certain woman. He chuckled as he watched the soldier go away. Looking back at Lady Ember wanted to give Eye contact has he talked. (Even though he knew her eyes were under those wraps and she couldn't see. He rather used looking in peoples eyes when talking to others.) " I sympathize on how you feel Lady Ember, as I am a Veshtun not born of pure blood. I have the hair and eyes to show it. A Vesthun's hair usually white and they usually have pale creamy white skin. I have the skin tone, just not the hair or eyes. A though when I was a child I do remember my hair being white as snow like yours, but that changed into a raven color. Long story short, my family and were banished because of my inability to use magic in the second dimension as a young child. "
                                                    He made a small smirk when she metioned love or relationships in general. He gave a light chuckle. "Ah I see! That explains a lot then, but not worry my dear. Men are simpletons. They normally just go for the physical most of the time. My first love was actually mostly just physical really, but then again I was at young age at the time all I wanted was just that..but someday...I would like to just be at peace again. Especially, with someone l loved...I hope that fate at least allows that."

((Eveing of Day one))
                                                    Mordred and Ember spent much of their time talking amongst themselves while waiting around for the Civok officer to tell them the plan of meeting with the prince. They both shared experiences and their memories together. He told her about his childhood and about being banished. His time in the military. Even how he had gotten into Granate. How he thought Ember reminded him of a certain woman by the name of Minerva. He confessed to Ember that while the former female general of Civok was in his care, he had became extremely fond and protective of her. He really indeed thought of Minerva as someone he really wanted to spend the rest of his life with. Internally, he was wishing that Celeste didn’t find her and take her away. He never really got to tell her how he had truly felt. Ember was in awe and was optimistic in hopes that Mordred will someday get to meet with Minerva again. Evening came and they enjoyed old fashioned military grub. It was a day of peace for the both of them.
                                                    ((Day two))
                                                    Much has happened in during the second day of their mission the female Civok officer by the name of Agatha finally got word back from one of the prince’s subordinates that she had permission to guide Mordred and Ember to the campsite of the prince. Both Mordred and Ember gather their things and got ready to travel to another village right around the campsite of the prince. By time they reached the village it was nightfall. Mordred and Ember both rented another room at a inn and rested til Morning.

((Morning of April 15, year 308x))
                                                    It was a very loud morning for the Vesthun as he was woken up by the baby sloths cries. Carrying him out side the bedroom. He had fed the baby sloth his usual breakfast. Carrots and milk. From what he had learned from the animal was that it really didn’t do much. Eat and sleep was about all it did. He placed his loveable pet around his neck and went back into the bedroom and grabbing his wares from the previous day and changed back. After getting dress and readying his things, he had found Ember already ready to go. When exiting the inn, the saddled up on to their horse and rode through the village. Sighing softly he thought. …Convincing the Prince wouldn’t be that hard could it…?

He was going over in his head about what he would say to the prince and how he would convince to take Granate’s side. He was quite aware of how important this mission was. Mordred and Ember had been assigned to convince Prince Alecion of Civok stop all fighting and make treaties with the Zhu and Mazien. He had to convince him of the fact that if Arianlord was summoned that all three kingdoms will have to band together. That means using the power and the magic of mages. The Zhu will have to break down their hate for magi if they want survive the Chaos that Arianlord will bring. Mordred turned to Ember as they were following Agatha to the campsite and gave her a small warming smile of optimism.

He said “I’m glad I at least have a mage that has been in Granate for quite some time. If I get into any trouble you will be the one vougues on my behalf.”
                                                    Mordred didn’t think he would run into trouble with the prince, he just thought it was going to take a lot more than just words to convince the Lycan Prince. Off in the distance He could see the wooden barriers and blockades surrounding the campsite. He could hear arrows flying off in the sky. It seemed that Civok soilders were at the ready expecting the temporary tuse and cease fire to be lifted anytime. At the front of the campsite the military officer Agatha, told Ember and Mordred to wait outside of the campsite before entering. She was talking to one of the prince’s subordinates. Finally when getting the ok, they both headed inside the camp grounds. The subordinate of the prince Showed Ember and Mordred to Prince Alecion’s tent. The both of them waited for the prince to come out of his tent and invite the both of them in.

HP: 100 MP: 100 Location: At the Prince's tent Mood: Embressed/Serious/Nervious With: Ember, Shii (mini npc (bar keep) ) Himself Outfit : Mordred's uniform

Ember's Outfit:
                                                    Green Dress.
                                                    Boots:
                                                    black boots.

Hairstyle : Down

User Image

User Image

Okami_Lone_Wolf

KokotheBoss

Notes:
                                                    - At Campsite of the prince.
                                                    -OCC: Please forgive really bad coding or Grammer/Spelling Errors (On my part) I just wanted to get this post out. I will edit it when I get back from work!

Mordred's new pet :

The Baby Sloth of DOOM

Wailing Lunatic

User Image

"Fine."

“What?”

Both Gur and Sker looked towards the Ogress in surprise as she just gave up on the argument that they all had felt coming over the horizon before it even had the chance to bud from a mere disagreement into a, well. an ACTUAL argument.

[******** it, if you want to run us even thinner than you already have with these little excursions of yours, than fine. We'll do it." Chi conceded throwing her arms in the air and walking over to her horse, digging into it's saddle bag for her canteen as well as using her search as an excuse to not have to look at Gur for a few moments.

“It's not my intention.” Gur spoke up in defense, he knew he should just let the topic die while he was ahead, Chi was letting it go and he should as well, the more he spoke the more he risk giving her an opening to counter and that was risky, but still. She wasn't being fair. “But, we can't just look past this Chi, this kind of problem will reach us no matter where we go.”

"I said 'Fine' Gur." Chi turned on him and the way she was tensed up like an animal ready to spring caused Gur to take a small step back. The distance seemed to placate Chi as she relaxed her stance, and went to uncapping her water, sipping it solemnly, Gur watched her quietly waiting for his moment to speak again. “Love, it would behoove you, to be a lot more careful in your approach.” Sker spoke in a hushed tone.

“I'm trying.” Gur whispered back through clenched teeth.

“Well do a better job, because right now the way things are looking, by the time we reach Granate, you're going to look more like a prisoner of war than anything else.”

You know, sometimes Gur wished Sker had her body back, big surprise right? But, really. He wished she had her body right now, so he could reach out. Grab her by the shoulders, and just shake her until her teeth rattled. Not that she talked too much, no heavens no, but when she did talk it was mostly... well, dying made Sker a bit of a jerk.

"It would behoove you, both of you. Greatly. To remember that this temperamental little Ogre you are traveling with, is also connected with you. And she can hear everything that you say."

“Now, now. I didn't call you temperamental.” Sker said raising a hand in her defense.

Goddamnit Sker.

“Now Chi-”

"Gur, I said it's fine" Chi cut in again, but this time she sounded a bit more nonchalant if only he knew if that were a good thing, or a bad thing. "I get it, ok. We can't look past this because of problems that may, or may not arise in the future, I get that you like to be prepared. So I'll do this for you, we are technically married right? Isn't it about give and take? I'll do this for you, my husband, even though I really, really don't want too."

Ok that was good enough for him right now, it was probably for the best that she just let it go so simply, that she was willing to go along because she loved him enough to compromise with his need to know, and his need to be sure.

"However, I swear this better not end like our last stealth mission did."

Gur flinched, at Chi's smile and casual mention of the subject, but her grin didn't touch her eyes like it normally did, there was something that he couldn't read in her crimson orbs that was clear through the bond, she was counting on him, to keep her from hurting anyone else. If things got bad Gur would have to keep her from becoming her worst. He had to remember now, why he had been pushing for this, Chi wasn't a monster, and to him she shouldn't need to be so cautious, he would erase the doubts from her mind if it was the last thing he did.

“You have my word.”

"Good, because if something does go wrong, you'll have another demon living in you to deal with," Chi spoke, leaving her words to hang as she sipped her water again, before moving to sit on the ground, she looked at Gur expectantly and the man sighed, wishing he could resist but he have to bite, if only to get past the smugness he felt in the bond all the more quickly. So Gur looked back at his wife with a look of confusion that wasn't completely feigned. "It'll be my foot up your a**." Chi said with a nod, and Gur had to admit, that it was a little funny. At least, Sker seemed to think so.

Preparations were in place after two days of questioning locals, which had netted Gur little in the way of new information, and then switching to using Chi's nose to help them sniff out some of the Jaimen's troops. It indicated the Jaimen's men frequented a branching road out of town, and Chi's nose had wrinkled and she added "and fear and sweat from the people they were escorting there."

After ducking into the woods for a bit, a few Jaimen in the black uniforms had headed down that road. They did not have prisoners, but that was probably for the best, leaving them more relaxed, unaware of the couple following them on horseback.

And now it was go time.

Location ✥ Forest tab tab tab Company ✥ Gur, Sker tab tab tab Mood ✥ ---

✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚ [HP:100%] tab tab tab ✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖ [EN:100%]

Lady Tarien's Waifu

Divine Heckler

17,100 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
User Image

🌠 The Day from Hell 🌠

He had expected Luna to jump at the chance to show off her prowess, and Gabryel supposed he did feel a little bad about forcing her to dismiss her strange creation earlier before it could help him back to his room. He managed a chuckle despite the pain, exasperation, and slight worry that the situation naturally presented and replied, “Pay you back? And how might I do that? I’m fond of you, Luna, but not enough to flay off my own skin and I doubt I could get you a trophy in the wild, but…” he trailed off and glanced down the hall as if worried that someone was going to jump out and hear his next statement. “I do owe you one. I could hardly handle this alone and I doubt that things would have gone well if I’d been a little more insistent on handling that strange woman without assistance.” After all, he had pursued her without any real idea of what to do other than run if she were serious about confronting him. While he was sure of the spells he could do, Gabryel had never won a one-on-one fight against a non-elemental mage in his life.

Just as Luna was preparing a new Manny from her disturbingly vast collection of skins, a new taste invaded Gabby’s mouth. It was subdued, almost as though he were feeling a single drop from an entire waterfall. The taste, though – like fresh grass and wildflowers mixed with pure light. He turned just in time to see a flurry of white, feathered wings and a flash of gold before the tiny creature was zipping about his legs and chattering like his mother used to do after he’d spent too much time running around with the non-noble children. He took an instinctive step back, but that hardly deterred the odd apparition.

“What in Ziiya’s name?” He muttered. “I’m certain I would have remembered someone having such an odd little pet…what is it even doing? You! Adorable little creature. Cease your ministrations and return to your ma—“ He instinctively kicked his leg out to try and shake the creature off after it latched onto the top of his foot, but predictably lost his balance and fell hard on his rear. His elbow cracked as it made contact with the unforgiving floor, but the pain was somehow duller than usual. He was so busy trying to shake the damn thing off that he didn’t get the chance to see Luna’s magic at work and couldn’t properly pay attention to whatever it was she was saying to him.

The ground rumbled as whatever commotion was going on outside seemed to have moved to Fang’s headquarters. Gabryel was immediately distracted by a large crack from nearby in chorus with the rumbling and was treated to the pale sight of Manny’s shoulder as well as the glossy, disturbing texture of his skin as Luna’s monster pushed them both down and covered them from the hail of rubble that followed.

Though Luna had been protected by Manny during the commotion as well, she was slow to get back in a sitting position. Gabryel glanced her way and was about to ask what happened, but Luna spoke first. Her speech was slurred and as he turned what frayed remnants of attention he had left to her face, he noted her glossy eyes and the pain pulling at her features. His miniature new friend set to chattering again, but Gabryel paid it no mind, only swatted absentmindedly at its winged form before he moved in close to Luna to try and figure out where she’d been hit.

“Luna…I think we need to get you to…” Gabryel stated, but he couldn’t finish that thought before Luna’s eyes rolled in the back of her head and her body stiffened and shook like the hand of an old alcoholic. He grabbed her shoulders to try and keep her upright, but he feared moving her immediately as he wasn’t entirely sure what was happening in the first place. The chirping, white-winged companion flew from his side to land on her shoulder. He was going to swat at it again, but the taste of magic intensified and Luna’s shaking began to subside. A minute later, Luna’s eyes closed and she slumped against him.

He sighed, relieved that whatever this strange helper had done seemed to have calmed her even if she was still clearly in distress. He tentatively ran his fingertips along the back of her hood and was unsurprised to find they were bloody. Gabby glanced toward Manny who was thankfully still standing with the strange woman slung over his shoulder. “Glad you’re still around, at least. It seems your mistress is in severe distress and could use your help. We’ll find someone at the infirmary to take our new guest to her luxury accommodations.” He waited until the mute creature had Luna cradled in his odd embrace before pushing off the floor and staggering back to his feet.

Odd. It didn’t hurt as much as he’d expected. Gabryel pressed his left shoulder against the wall (praying it didn’t give out), and stretched his right leg so that he could grab his foot. He gasped at the sight. Miraculously, it was already mending – with the hint of new, clean skin over the countless bloody, filthy cuts he’d garnered on his way back from the hellish land of Zhu. He got the hint and turned his gaze to the fluttering creature who had settled on Luna’s shoulder.

“It seems I have you to thank for this? I never knew we had such an adept healer in this Coven. It seems highly unlikely, actually…” He shook his head. “But I suppose I’m not in any position to complain about your helping us. So thank you from me, but if you say so in the company of others, I shall stringently deny expressing my heartfelt gratitude.” If the creature could talk. Its eyes were bright and intelligent, but Gabryel still had no idea what it was. The graceful curve of its neck and the long snout almost looked like those reliefs of dragons he found on some of the older scriptures in the Fang library, but then Gabryel was only now getting to mythology of other cultures.

“Whatever you are, I hope you’ll use whatever magic you have on her, or at least till we can find the infirmary.” he hoped that whatever head trauma the female invader had endured at the hands of the red-headed paperman’s summon lasted as long as it took him to hand her off to someone who could be trusted to escort the woman to the dungeons. He wasn’t too sure what would happen if she awakened in transit other than the certainty that he would use his ineffective arms and hit her as hard as he possibly could in the hopes that he could knock her out before she said another word. Or maybe he'd just do the world a favor and put himself out of his misery.

“Thank Ziiya that you’re still up and moving. I’m not at all ashamed to admit to two unconscious women, an ephemeral apparition, and a mute monstrosity that I would have sobbed like an infant if I’d been left to handle the pair of them alone. Of course, that particular option may still be on the metaphorical table considering I have no idea how to find the infirmary and I doubt its location is hardwired into you since you were essentially born less than five minutes ago. I tend to ramble a bit when I’m nervous, can you tell?”

Unfortunately for Manny, the countless minutes that followed were filled with Gabryel’s chatter – speculation ranging from the certainty of a full-scale Granate invasion to the possibility that someone insulted Regi’s taste in frocks. He had turned what he thought was the fiftieth corner when a large, looming figure practically appeared out of nowhere. The taste was impossible to discern – Gabryel had started walking quickly toward the muddled, horrific taste of too many mages in one place and so the man essentially sneaked up on the mage in his rational panic.

“Wagagheges!” He had been in the middle of another long spiel about how much Luna was going to owe him after all this when the figure rounded the corner ahead of him – thus it was garbled nonsense as Gabryel’s bare feet slid on the rock and garnered him fresh scrapes. The long, study arm of the man he’d encountered shot out before he could fall back and while Gabryel expected to either be put to some sort of end (in case of Granate) or else settled and questioned (Fang), he was completely unprepared for the stranger to sweep him up like he was an errant kitten. The flying creature twittered at him again, but he was too distracted to send a snide comment toward the glowing helper.

“Excuse me, you great lummox, but I have to ask what you think you’re do—“ He immediately shut his mouth as the man gracefully spun on his heel and started sprinting down the hall. He closed his eyes to stop the world spinning and thanked Ziiya for the little twittering dragonfly as he assumed the fact that he wasn’t passing out was because it had muffled out that sort of discomfort. Not that healing had ever been too effective on him before…but he was overthinking this.

A cacophony of voices – sighs, mumurs, shouts, sobs, screams reached his ears just as the strange ride stopped and Gabryel found himself gently lowered on to one of the beds before the hooded figure turned and extricated Luna from the arms of Manny who had (thankfully) still followed him. Healers swarmed the entrance with the sight of the fallen Knight and Gabryel fell out of bed when he noticed one of the bulkier healers was grabbing for the prisoner.

“No. Not the woman. Er, yes to the Knight, but please leave the madwoman alone…or perhaps it would be best to take her off of Manny as I doubt he’d follow anyone but me or Luna down to the dungeons.”

The healer who now had the snowy-haired woman in his arms gave Gabryel a searching look –doubtless taking in the oversized, torn, filthy shirt, the mismatched pants, lack of shoes, and matted hair that had seen the inside of a jail cell. “And what are you supposed to be?”

Good thing his hair was seemingly beyond redemption for Gabryel would sooner die than have it made apparent that the tone had nettled him and made the violet at the ends brighten. He narrowed his eyes and strode with purpose to face off the uppity medic. The fact that he tripped over nothing and had to steady himself on the end of a nearby bed did nothing to undercut his menace.

“I realize that I have no clout in this coven. I actually prefer it that way as it has allowed me to avoid being under the watchful gaze of certain parties, but I will not - and clean the plentiful wax that has made its way into your brain before I grab a stick and do it myself - I will not tolerate being questioned after I have undergone torture at the adept hands of our friends from Zhu, literally walked back from hell without rest, and faced off with the ironically gifted fruitcake you’re so fondly cradling. I am under orders from the head a*****e – Reginald Valerius himself. She is to go immediately to a cell so that he may torture her at his leisure. Now do you need me to repeat that, or are you ready to see what happens when I get angry?”

Perhaps it was the perplexing salad of words, the crazed look in Gabryel’s eyes, or even the looming, hooded figure who had stepped up behind him, but the fight completely drained out of the healer sometime during Gabryel’s speech. The man sputtered and turned on the spot, muttered about 'things being different if it’s the high priest's order,' and then hurried out the door to take the crazy woman to the intended destination. Gabryel smiled at his success.

”Finally, progress. Now, I suppose I should ap-“ And yet another, maddening time, Gabryel was cut off in the middle of a statement. This time it was by the well-trained, adept hand of the chief healer pressed against the back of his neck as she used her formidable power to break Gabryel away from consciousness. The world went black before he hit the floor, but the smile didn’t leave his face as he realized that she probably thought he was having some sort of mental breakdown right in the middle of her infirmary. Oh well, he probably needed the rest. At least he still had his commanding voice.

🌠 In the Meantime 🌠

When he’d awakened from his forced rest, Gabryel was lying on a cot on the hard, stone floor outside of the infirmary. Not only was he displeased that he’d been discarded outside like a used bandage, but he was also being used as a cuddle-buddy by a lightly injured warden who had apparently been knocked out by the invading Granate party from the day before. He had driven his sharp elbow under the man’s chin and kneed him in the familial endowment before he’d realized where he was and what he’d been doing before he’d passed out. Too bad his erstwhile companion hadn’t gotten as gentle an awakening as him, but Gabryel ignored the man’s groans of pain in favor of getting himself into a sitting position and asking anyone passing him by what was going on.

One of the runners, some apprentice with such a strong smattering of freckles that they looked like a tattoo, stopped long enough to tell him that anyone lying in the hallway was dismissed from the infirmary and allowed two days of rest for their part in the fight. She’d run off after delivering that obviously-oft-repeated statement, which left him with far more questions than answers. But he would sooner pull out his hair strand-by-stand than sit a minute longer with his writing, overly-affectionate cot buddy, so Gabryel struggled to his feet and went in search of his room.

Gabryel took stock of what he remembered from the day before as he walked back. He was in surprisingly good shape considering how hurt he’d been after Zhu and then knocking around Fang. It was just as curious as his memory, because he could clearly but perplexingly recall seeing a Granate mage fighting his brainwashed ally, following a woman who had thrown up one of his spells, witnessing a man made of paper’s neck split, a wolf-man’s charge into said woman, Manny the sequel, a flying, miniature dragon, and finally a hooded hero who had sped them off toward the infirmary in his mission to save the day.

“I think I’ll have to return to the infirmary once things have calmed down and request some professional help,” Gabryel muttered to himself, though he couldn’t even get half the words out without a chuckle. It was ridiculous. He’d eventually found his way back to his room where he did not emerge until after he’d washed himself enough to make up for all the baths he’d missed. By then, things had calmed down considerably around the infirmary with the exception of the bereaved families who had assembled to get the bodies of their loved ones. The violence was staggering – not just the number of people who had passed on during the past couple of days, but the fact that the violence hadn’t been restricted to the outer court. Children, wives, husbands, brothers, sisters, grandparents, friends, the list went on.

There was much more to it than a simple Granate invasion, though. Apparently, the Granate villains had done something that Gabryel couldn’t consider entirely villainous by freeing the army of half-giants that Fang kept for a rainy day. He’d never approved of the practice but since there was nothing he could do about it, he had chosen to hold his tongue on that matter. Of course, the mutual violence that occurred was not the way he would have resolved the situation either and he knowledge that so many had died only added to the vague anxiety he’d felt in the wake of the attack.

Of the fairly limited list of Fang members that Gabryel knew, only Nilin was in passable condition. Marcus had apparently been lost in the battle with the half-giants and Luna was still in the infirmary. While he’d asked to visit her for lack of anything else to do (and worry he wouldn’t admit to experiencing), only the injured, dead, healers, or their helpers were allowed in the still overflowing infirmary until they moved out the dead and the freshly-mended.

🌠 Finally 🌠

“At least I got one answer,” he muttered to himself as he watched a young witch exit the infirmary slowly. Her arm was braced over the shoulder of the other woman who was helping her along. The knuckles dug into the fabric of the other woman’s dress so tightly that they were pure white. Gabryel looked away as they passed him.

He’d finally managed to stop one of the healers long enough to both ask about Luna’s condition and the strange, hooded man who had practically abducted him before. To the first question, he’d gotten a vague sort of shrug and a promise to ask the chief healer, but the second one had finally garnered a satisfactory answer. Apparently, one of their recruiters had brought in a batch of fresh Fang hopefuls to introduce to the Coven in preparation for the next initiation ceremony. Getting stomped to death by half-giants would apparently make a bad impression (or a good one, for the pun-minded), so they had been assigned to help out in the infirmary. The hooded gentleman had been especially helpful by darting out and bringing the injured to the healers in the blink of an eye.

New recruits. It felt like it hadn’t been that long since he had been recruited after showing a pair of overconfident new mages that intimidation with fire wasn’t as fun when the flames were spitting back in their faces. He’d been pleased to find a pocket of powerful mages settled in the mountains, but that elation had turned to disdain in the face of some of their unique personalities and tempers. As things currently were, Gabryel wasn’t sure he wanted to be a Fang mage anymore.

His thoughts were interrupted by one of the healers exiting the infirmary. She made a beeline toward the stretch of wall he’d made his temporary home and waited with her hands expectantly on her hips for him to clamber to his feet.

“I assume by your joyous gaze that you were looking for me?” he finally asked.

“I can’t believe I’m wasting my time with this. I called for you, you know,” she spat.

That earned her a frown and a half-shrug. ”By ‘cry’ do you mean you half-heartedly called out to a nondescript person who you assumed was hovering right outside the door, ready and waiting to be hit? Because things have quieted significantly and I would have heard and certainly tasted it if you’d come that close.”

She huffed and spun in place to head back toward her workplace. “If you’re going to be difficult...”

“Calm down. I assume you’re here to tell me about Lu--- Fang’s newest Knight?”

The set of her shoulders and the hesitant way she paused at the threshold let Gabryel know he was right. He headed after her only to nearly fall back when she turned back toward him and rudely grasped a long strand of his hair.

“What is this?”

He gritted his teeth, but was determined to endure it for the moment as this moody healer was currently his only way to know how his friend was doing. “Hair. I would expect you’ve seen it before given the ample head of it you’re sporting, but I can understand the confusion.”

She flushed in indignation and tugged hard on the bundle she’d grasped. “Stop being such a jackass. I mean what is this color?”

Gabryel bit his lip to keep back a smile. “Under your thumb? Violet. And here I heard that it was usually men who were colorblind. I’d be happy to provide an introduction if you need one.”

“I MEAN what does it mean? I know Fang gets mages from all over the place, but this is the first time I’ve seen a group of people who dip the ends of their hair in paint.”

He had another obvious statement ready, but Gabryel immediately cabbaged onto her statement about ‘a group of people.’ He pulled his hair free from her grasp and positively glowered. “A group? I haven’t see anyone else in Fang with two-toned hair to this extent and believe me, I’d know if I’d seen it.”

The woman laughed at this and fully opened the door. “And here I thought she was your friend. Fine, don’t answer my question. If it’s a weird trend, I’m certainly not going to be following it. Anyway, Knight Noname is recovering. The seizure she experienced was thankfully short, but she was exhausted from the effort and her head wound so has been sleeping for the past two days. You’re free to sit with her until we need the space. Even chairs have been useful in all this chaos…”

He raised an eyebrow at the statement about Luna, but, despite his confusion, Gabryel did feel a little bad about making fun of the woman when she’d probably been going for the past three days with very little rest. He quietly entered the infirmary behind him and spotted Luna immediately from the taste of her magic. Her bed was nestled in the corner of the room, behind a makeshift curtain to provide some sort of privacy from the rest of the Coven beds. He guessed it was in respect for her position as a member of the inner court.

Gabryel was fully settled on the chair beside Luna’s bed, but he nearly fell right off of it when he finally got a glimpse of the unconscious woman. He pushed his palm against the wall beside him to steady his spinning head (as though a physical anchor would help his mental stability). He couldn’t believe he’d never noticed it, but then Gabryel also couldn’t really recall a time he’d seen Luna without her hood on. The bandages around her head did nothing to mar the exposed, crumpled strands resting against the pillow. In low light it would likely be difficult to discern, but his eyes clearly made out the blue-black at the roots and the stern brown that began at the tips. He reached out a shaking hand and ran his fingertips lightly over the hair draping over her pillow. It felt like hair, of course, but it helped somehow. It made it real.

“Another damn Aseran. No wonder,” he muttered before drawing back and crossing his hands over each other in his lap. He couldn’t believe it. Unless she was someone’s b*****d, what was she doing outside their lands? Gabryel idly tapped his foot against the bedframe, suddenly overburdened with nervous energy. His mind was going circles through what he recalled of their many conversations as he looked for even the smallest clue to her identity. He wanted to berate her, demand answers, wonder whether she’d been banned or never knew her home to begin with.

“But that’s pointless.” She had lost her memory and that would include any remnants of her homeland. Though he wanted answers, he was very unlikely to get any unless her memory came flooding back. He took deep, steadying breaths and tried to calm down his rampaging emotions with reason. She was his friend, there was no way she could know about where she’d come from, she might not even have lived in the village, even if she had left, she was probably in the same boat as he was…

He lifted his gaze to Luna when she moaned weakly. Her eyelids trembled and dry lips pursed together before she opened her eyes. They were oddly dewy, probably a reaction to any residual pain she felt. He expected her to turn his way, perhaps make a crack about going on a hell of a bender which was why he was so taken aback when her energy surged and she sat up like she’d been struck.

“Luna, you shouldn’t be… Gabryel started, but the words died on his tongue when he understood the wide-eyed panic on his friend’s face and the confusion in her voice as she asked who he was. Then she immediately set to panicking and thrashed weakly in her bed before saying something about people coming for her and wondering if Gabryel was here to do her harm.

The knock to the head had shaken something loose, but that obviously was a very bad thing. Gabryel narrowed his eyes in thought, realized he probably didn’t look particularly inviting that way, and then snapped right back to his usual self. He managed an easy smile and held his bare hands up slowly to show that he didn’t have any weapons (or menacing claws).

“Calm down, Luna. I’m Gabryel Thales, your friend and the man with the flabbiest a** in the entire Coven…or so you dubbed me the last time I spoke with you.” Gabryel glanced back toward the curtain at his back, wondering if her panic had alerted any of the healers.

“No one’s coming to get you. Or not in that sense. If you insist in carrying on like a wounded howler money, I can guarantee that the chief healer will come and knock you out – not as unpleasant as it sounds and I speak from firsthand experience – but you don’t want to go back to sleep since you’ve been doing nothing but that for the past two days.”

He cleared his throat and slowly lowered his hands back to his lap. His body language was casual and calm which was in complete contrast to the bundle of nerves that characterized his friend. He hoped that it would have at least a partially soothing affect on Luna.

“I have to admit, I’m not the best person to come to for reassurance, but I am your friend, so I’ll do my best to fill that role. To answer what is likely to be your next question, you are in the infirmary of the Fang Coven. It is April 15, 308x. You’re a witch and a Knight of Fang and, as far as I know, you don’t remember a thing about yourself. You’ve been going by ‘noname,’ clunky and odd as it sounds. I call you Luna without your permission and hope you don’t start complaining now.”

User Image

Mood: Bewildered

Company: Luna(?)

▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶ hp

◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀ mp

OOC: THE ADVENTURES OF GABBY! I hope it was an interesting enough read considering its size, but there was a ton of ground to cover before and after the skip.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I need to make changes. Thanks :3

Wailing Lunatic

User Image

"Luna? Who's Luna? That's not me, no my name is...." No Name searched, her hands flying to the sides of her throbbing head as she searched for her name, she felt that she had heard it recently, given it recently. She had introduced herself to someone not too long ago she remembered. She also remembered what had come after words. "No!" She yelled suddenly scooting away from the male as if his presence burned her. "Last time I gave someone my name, people died. I don't want people to die, no. Please don't make me hurt anyone, please." She begged, and her heart almost froze as the man narrowed his eyes at her, she didn't know what the shift in expression entailed or what he might say to her in response, but the small shift alarmed her still. But his expression swapped just as quickly, as he smiled at her, and she started to unwind a bit, curious as to why he may be smiling, but her calm was shattered instantly as he raised his hands and she flinched again shrinking back hoping to be out of his reach, though his words served to calm her, just a little.

In fact that's what he was telling her to do, calm down. He was calling her Luna again, but this time he at least gave a name for himself. Gabryel Thales. He had a nice name, and he had said that he was her friend. No Name turned to look at him, as if searching his face would reveal answers to her, could he really be her friend? He looked friendly, and his hair. Was similar to hers, but that was the only similarity they shared. The comment on his butt was a bit odd, and No Name couldn't help the tugging at the corner of her lips as she smiled just a bit at that. She didn't remember saying that, it didn't sound like something that someone could just make up.

That smile that had touched her face quickly disappeared when Gabryel mentioned the Chief healer coming to knock her out if she didn't calm down Gabryel said that it wasn't as bad as it sounded but she didn't want to take that risk.
"I don't want to go back to sleep." She whined desperately. "What if they come for me when I'm sleep?" She tried to reason, as though Gabryel himself would be the one to sic the healer on her, but he had already said that no one was coming so this argument to him may be futile. "And I have dreams." She tried again. "I don't wanna see them anymore" No Name admitted softly, she scratched at her arms, even though there wasn't really an inch there, the lack of skin made sure of that.

Gabby was explaining more and more to her, she was a witch, that was something she knew, however a knight? What did that mean? She couldn't remember anything, nothing but that terrifying dream and slight flashes of pain. But that was maybe because of this throbbing pain in her head, maybe when that was past she could start remembering things. Part of her did at least remember being called No Name, however Luna still felt different too her though if she were to be completely honest, it was more fitting than 'No Name' everyone did deserve a name
. "You can call me Luna, it's nice." No Name mumbled. "You're nice." She added before moaning again in pain as her head began to throb. "Why does my head hurt so much?" She whined pressing her hand into her forehead trying to stop the pain.

Okami Wolfen's Buttercup

Shirtless Prophet

User Image
User Image

The morning air always felt crisp in Zhu, something that Mikahail feels grateful for whenever he woke up. He would not change a thing. Well, on this morning he might make a few changes. Waking up to the bright, warm sunlight was fine and all, but would he choose to sleep sitting up with his back against the messenger post in the future? His answer pointed to no. He felt stiff, and leaning forward an inch reminded him of how stiff he was. Kuklo and Rei begged for him to go back to the inn for rest but he refused. Then they demanded to stay with him; he also refused. Their conversation got to the point where Mikahail blew a fuse and ordered them to return to the inn without him. The sudden outburst caused his two subordinates to go quiet, shuffling back to the center of town without another word. Having to yell at either of them always left a bad taste in his mouth. Mikahail grimaced at the memory. He will apologize once they arrive. If they arrive. He didn't doubt the fact they might plan on leaving him behind without a word after the past few days. Asking them to help infiltrate the covens was like asking a child to kick his dog. Then again thanks to the Emperor's order their plans had been delayed in the meantime.

It was three days ago that Mikahail decided to give up his position in the Zhu military. When he informed Emperor Wei of his decision the man was, to say the least, not pleased. At least he assumed Wei was not happy. The Emperor of Zhu rarely showed emotion. He only furrowed his brow slightly before returning to his emotionless features. Wei accepted it but on one condition. Mikahail needed to finish one more assignment before leaving.

~~~~~

"Spies?"

"Yes, two of them. At least according to the report that arrived. They destroyed some cannons and wiped out most of the soldiers. One of the witnesses even described the female counterpart to be non-human. As for the male, he is human, but the possibility of him being a mage is very high."

"So you expect me to find two intruders even after I turned in my resignation."

"What I expect, Priest, is for you to fulfill one final duty, one that is a potential threat to this kingdom."

"Fine, but once it's over, I won't be returning to Symnetes unless it's for passing through."

"Very well. We are in agreement then Priest?"

"Yes. I'll find these two intruders and dispose of them myself."

~~~~~

Afterwards Mikahail gathered a few of his belongings, including the small pocket mirror with a purple stone embedded on the top side, simply to use as an excuse for his teleportation. When he arrived at the front of the castle, both Kuklo and Rei were there; the two looked somewhat relieved when he told them of the change of plans. It took them over a day to arrive in Hui-Guo. and during that time they spent most of it trying to gather information about the two newcomers. Absolutely nothing. The only information he did find was the same that Emperor Wei received. Besides that, they were looking for a needle in a haystack. Before leaving the castle though a messenger arrived to inform him of a possible letter being sent by a hawk to one of the posts near Hui-Guo, their current location. Two days passed by and so far, no letter or hawk.

Mikahail came to the conclusion that the messenger made up the information and considered teleporting to the man's location to punch him for wasting his time. The shrill cry of a hawk broke the quiet morning as the bird swooped down to land on it's perch of the post. The sound jolted Mikahail out of his thoughts, causing him to stare at the bird, making sure he wasn't having a bad hallucination. He wasn't. Attached to the hawk's left leg was a rolled parchment. His information! In one, swinging motion, Mikahail stood up and detached the paper from the hawk's leg, unrolling it quickly to read it's contents. What he read only made him frown.

Two intruders spotted sneaking around the new base of the Jaimen unit

Base located outside of a small village not far from Hui-Guo

Re-reading the short passage once more Mikahail tucked the letter into his jacket. He heard of the Jaimen only a few times since he worked in Zhu, mainly in meetings with Emperor Wei. Honestly he had no clue what the Jaimen's specialty was. Yet the fact that two intruders were seen around their base sent warning bells to his brain. This couldn't be a coincidence. These intruders, spies - hell, whatever they were - also had the possibility of being connected to House Fang and House Granate. This situation turned out to be more in his favor than he thought.

Hui-Guo Messenger Post Alone Pleased I See Fire - Ed Sheeran

Lavish Associate

8,500 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

HP 100/100xxxxxxxxxxx
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

MP 100/100xxxxxxxxxxx
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

User Image

Ulrick stood inside the room he had always shared with Remi in front of a wall-length mirror. He wore a black v-neck, pants, and boots; with the shirt showing off his muscular arms with the once black marks of the curse on the forearms where his bandages used to be. Now the barbed-wire design was a dark red; the color of dried up blood. Holding the crystal around his neck, his emerald eyes looked to the ghostly figure that was his mother. Ever since they had returned back to the Elder Tree, he felt completely empty, because nothing made sense...at least...everything that happened lead him to believe the worst ideas...

There was a strange pain in his heart, and he constantly found himself in a daydream; picturing Simone Mesa. Picturing that red-haired man with the talking sword protecting her...

Mallik had wanted to kill her because of him, but Ulrick himself had wanted to...how would it effect him adversely? It didn't make any sense. Who was she to him? He tried to reach into his past, but it all came out in a blur...It was especially on his mind upon finding out that black magic had made Simone betray the coven...she was made a traitor against her will, and the rescue hadn't been in vain.

Hah, some rescue. Ulrick had felt like he had done nothing, and wished more could have been achieved from that chance infiltration that was unlikely to happen again...He did not even want to show up at the festival, even when he was an especially honored guest...There was too much on his mind, too many things unresolved for him to relax, so here was.

The door was locked and a bundle swathed in wool laid on the floor before him; on top of a magic circle written in his own blood. Reaching out with a long arm, he drew another circle upon the mirror, before stepping back and licking the blood from his finger. He put his glove back over his bare hand and, after taking a deep breath, took out his summoning staff from his back, holding it horizontally as he circled his finger over a seal.

"I call upon the Dragon Blade of Essence," he said firmly.

As soon as he said this, the bundle lifted off the ground, and the cloth unwrapped to reveal the actual blade. It glowed the wicked red it had when Mallik had wielded it, before dissipating into glowing particles which seeped into the mirror. When this happened, the red color of the tattoos turned back to black, and the mirror contorted his figure till he was staring into the red eyes of who possessed his sword; the magic circles turning transparent.

The dragon of fire smirked as he put the blade through his belt, looking around from inside the mirror, and touching the glass. "Very clever forgeborn," he said, before crossing his arms. "Very clever indeed. However, you should not underestimate me-"

"Never again," Ulrick interrupted with narrowed eyes as he stepped closer to the mirror. "It's why we're here. Now cut the crap, and tell me what you've done to me," he said sharply, unsheathing a dagger swiftly and let the tip prod the glass, before the dragon could respond. "If I break this mirror, you'll have no sword to return to, and it'll only mean you're free from existence," he threatened.

Mallik raised his eyebrows. He was a little impressed by this revelation, however, he hardly was afraid. "No need to threaten me. I am sure that once Lady Tarien has awakened, she would tell you everything anyway," he chuckled.

"I don't trust you either way," Ulrick growled through gritted teeth.

"Nor would I expect you to, forgeborn," Mallik smirked widely.

"But I can't wait for Tarien."

Mallik nodded. "Obviously." Before Ulrick could respond to his smartass attitude, the dragon continued. "Nine years ago, you had found the blade I was sealed into by another dragon 'a thousand years ago'," his eyes narrowed, as he quoted Lady Tarien. "When you made the contract with the Dragon Blade of Essence, forgeborn, you made a contract with me, and I was bound to protect you. Yet, this was all against my will. The dragon that had sealed me changed our bet at the last minute and cursed me to serve a human; the greatest insult. I was furious as I realized that it had finally happened and I was bound to do so. It sickened me to the point that I wanted to ruin your life. To make you absolutely miserable; so I made you forget everything that had to do with your feelings for Simone Mesa."

Ulrick glared at Mallick, grip tightening on the dagger. He could feel the ghostly hand of his mom's spirit on his shoulder, but no one could calm him when he was angry. "What feelings? Who was she to me?"

Mallik had been smirking, but looked disgusted at the question; rather reluctant to answer. "Simone Mesa...was your fiance."

"What?!" Ulrick blurted out; immediately red in the face as he pictured her again in his head; both of them kissing; her hands on his chest. He shook his head with irritation, and swallowed it down unpleasantly, as his heart pounded in his chest. He shook his head again, not sure what was coming over him, and looking at his mother skeptically. She would have known wouldn't she? His mom looked equally confused though.

"That's a load of bullshit," he said meekly, turning his head away as Mallik laughed aloud. "Shut up!"

"Well, it does not really matter anyways. She loves another now, and it has been nine years. Besides that, she remembers everything, and thinks the worst of you. That is why she wanted to kill you so...passionately," Mallik smirked. "You cheated on her with a bar maid."

Ulrick could feel it again-that emptiness. Was this where it came from? His feelings buried and locked away from himself over someone he had actually considered marrying? He could only think that back then; he had been reckless and young...and dumb above all. Yet, he had always kept a distance with women as much as they did with him...and as he looked back on it, there was always this feeling of something repressed. That something inside him wouldn't give to anyone...

At the same time, did he want those feelings back? Did he want to remember when she wouldn't be able to return them-and could they really be so potent-his feelings for her? Ulrick couldn't remember feeling so passionate about anyone. Did he really even have the capacity to love someone? Was it worth finding out? Ulrick stayed quiet, as he looked to his mother, then he did a double take as she walked up to the mirror and created a fog on it.

She wrote: "There was a girl you were always with, but I can't remember."

Ulrick stared hard at the words for a second, then looked to Mallik as the fog faded. "Did you repress everyone else's memory as well?"

"Of course I did. Having you investigate the matter would ruin my plans."

Ulrick should have been angry, however...this moment; finding all this out...he felt things that were so foreign to him before. Without thinking further he said, "I want it back. I want all memories of Simone Mesa back," he said firmly, looking into his crimson eyes.

Mallik stared back without sympathy; looking like he would say no for a moment. However, it would be interesting to see how it might torment him, and besides, Tarien would already be far from pleased of him interfering with her granddaughter's life any further. It was a way of atonement, however, he felt he needed a motive for giving back his memories and feelings.

"Alright. On one condition: you must swear that you will have Lady Tarien free me from the sword. Otherwise, I will use your body as my vessel forever."

"Deal," he said. Without hesitation.

Location: The Elder Tree, in his room with Mallik
                                    Mood/State: Tense
                                    Appearance: [Minus the coat] [Mallik of the Rakazik Flight] Red Dragon Form
                                    Current Weapon[Dragon Blade of Essence]
                                    Theme Song: Chrome- Music Junkies

(( ))

Demonic Fatcat

10,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image

+++ ██████ -
。。。 This kitty is cursed 。。+++
+++ ───────────────────── Sidekick (Nilin's Brother)
Location⋮Fang HQ Dining Hall +++Currently With⋮ N/A +++OOC⋮---

User Image+ HP: 100% +++User Image+ MP: 100% +++

+++ Stretched out across the floor on his side, the male lazily pulled off a chunk of the skewered chicken with his own teeth and proceeded to devour the chunk. It had only been a day or two since he first came to Fang, but it had been his sister's decision to let him stay, despite warning her that he didn't even know how long he would stay. He wasn't even sure how these covens ran, hence wasn't sure if he wanted to be fully inducted or whatever. He didn't like the idea of being permanently set somewhere then having to cross the bridge of betrayal. He had enough of being a disappointment. So as he gulped down the chewed chicken, the silver haired man waved at a passing member of the coven. "Hey! Can I get some more skewered chicken?" the person simply stared at him blankly for several moments before nodding and moving off. It was no doubt that word was starting to spread through the place that he was High Priestess Nilin's brother. And no one wanted to piss off the High Priestess.

+++ Staring up at the ceiling, Naraku continued to mindlessly munch on his food, every once in awhile adding a meatless stick to the nearby pile. How did things turn out like this? Two covens battling against each other, while the rest of the continent broke out into war amongst two of it's three kingdoms, and even finding his own sister who was completely different than what he imagined. Sometimes it only seemed like it was yesterday that he was at home, watching Nilin crawl about.

+++ It had been several hours since anyone had stepped foot in the room, yet the younger Naraku didn't seem to notice. He was busy watching the baby crawl across the floor. But as the little girl started to get almost out of arm's reach, Naraku reached over and would pick her up. "Where do you think your going?" he cooed as he faced the baby towards him. Staring at the smiling face, the male briefly frowned as the child began to drool. "That's gross, you know that right?" he asked the baby, who only stared right back at him. No matter how depressing his state of being was, his baby sister was far too precious to let the darkness slip over him.

+++ Lowering the baby, Naraku began to lightly bounce it against his legs to try and entertain it. "For being such a prize to our clan, you sure are here a lot." he mentioned as the baby girl smiled and giggled. Next thing he knew, the baby had a handful of his hair in it's hand and was now pulling on it. "Aye-yai-yai! That's hurts!" he whined softly. Trying to pull his hair free, Nilin only laughed more before settling for nibbling at the tip of his finger. "Give me a break will ya, you slobbering monster." But truly, everything was alright with him. The day went on, and he could even remark falling asleep with baby Nilin sleeping on his chest, then later taken away to spend time elsewhere.

+++ Naraku let out a heavy sigh as he returned to reality, and faced an empty plate of food. It would have only been a problem if he were still hungry, but as he had gorged in a mini feast, he now laid there feeling as if his stomach could explode if any more was eaten. Slowly stretching out, the male stretched out his arms until they felt like they would fall off before returning them to their previous position. "What now?" he asked himself. But he didn't feel like moving, as he now felt groggy and tired. "Perhaps a nap?" Though the dining hall didn't seem to be a great place to rest, Naraku wasn't very picky, and quite frankly he was feeling much to tired to even move. So Turning onto his back, he folded one ankle over the other as he rested his arms behind his head. "If only..." But without finish his statement, the male shut his eyes and yawned loudly.

"WHAT GREATER GIFT THAN THE LOVE OF A CAT.”

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas