Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
- Cyneward Atreus -

- The Last Paladin -

Cyneward narrowed his eyes as he listened to Ramarith speak, but before he even had a chance to respond he found himself under attack, proving the Phoenix Knight's point already. Lifting his shield at the very last second he barely managed to deflect the attack, fortunate that his shield was made of metal rather than wood, or else it would have been crushed by the immensely powerful blow. The sheer force of the impact sent the paladin flying backwards, sweeping him off his feet as he soared through the air before landing in a heap on the ground, already reverting to his previous regular form as he panted heavily, slowly pushing himself up from the ground, on all fours as he did so. "No...I can still fight..." he told himself before he raised his head and fixed his eyes upon Justin, their demonic blue glow returning as the form of his demon side made an appearance once again.

Rushing forward as he suddenly forced himself to his feet he struck at the older knight with his glowing blue blade, locking swords with the man as they stared one another down. It was obvious that when his weapon slammed into Ramarith's, that an incredible amount of force was behind it, about three times Cyneward's regular strength, or perhaps even more. It was indeed a strike that only someone as powerful as Ramarith would be able to defend against. "You're wrong...I fear nobody! I am the last paladin, and I swear upon my shield, Feora shall be avenged! I will avenge Malith, I will avenge everyone!! My will to return this flag to a peaceful Feora burns within not only my heart, but my soul!" he cried with determination, before raising his free hand and managing to grin at Ramarith. What helped drive Cyneward was ironically his shame. He was ashamed of his demonic form, of his demonic heritage, of the very blood that flowed within his veins. And so, using this form made him ashamed, and therefor angry. As he only grew angrier and angrier, that rage drove him to accomplish the goals that lay before him.

Without warning he grasped the edge of Justin's blade - which was not only very sharp, but also aflame - and a blue glow surrounded the part of the large zweihander that he was holding onto. However, this did nothing to fight back the intense flames, which were still burning the half-demon, but rather than letting out a scream of pain he gave a cry of pure rage as he began to push the blade back with both his own weapon and his very hand. "Come on Phoenix Knight, surely that isn't your best. Give me a real challenge!" he taunted with a cocky tone. If anything, Cyneward had certainly improved in the regard that Justin had been aiming for - the paladin had almost passed out from the exhaustion, but he had kept going and refused to give in. He simply needed to perfect that ability, and the older knight would likely see to that.

Business Businessman

User Image
< Sir Justin Ramarith >
< O >
< Righteous Phoenix >

Ramarith narrowed his eyes at the boy who lay in a pile away from him. He was totally unprepared for the force of his attack. This was probably due to a lack of experience when it came to fighting those with inhuman abilities. Or, at least any who were able to wield a sword of such size with relative ease. As Cyneward raised to his feet, Justin repositioned his blade upright and in front of him into a defensive stance, he knew what was coming next.

The next instant saw their blades come together with a loud clash. There was a great deal of pressure behind the half-demon's sword. It started to push the Phoenix Knight backwards, forcing him to yield a step. This frustrated him, and in response the flames around him started to grow, and the blade of his sword became brighter, blue and orange sparks shooting at all angles.

The passionate words that spewed from the boy's mouth only fuelled his rage. And though the flames were stoked from dredged regret, they still burned brighter with every word.

Cyneward grabbed his blade, the first response that Ramarith gave after his haughty gestures was a swift boot to the stomach.
"Your heart and soul are weak." He spat his words, wrenching his blade free from the half-demon's grasp and jumping back a few feet. The tall knight snarled at his eager partner.
"You will achieve nothing! You stand before me with the broken flag of a broken city and both shall remain that way! You will never have vengeance and you will never best me while you talk with such pathetic, baseless bravado! What have you done to earn the right to talk in such a way!? Your words are cheap and meaningless. Your smirk, hollow and obnoxious." He began to walk towards Cyneward, flames billowing all around him in a large arc. He raised his sword once more and prepared to end this. He decided that the boy was not ready, but he was going to try one more little push.
"If you want to talk like you mean something, to me or to anyone of mettle..." He sped up into a run and charged, raising his now blazing sword in preparation to attack.
"EARN IT!"

Sparkly Kitten

13,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
. : C O C O : .
~ the wind wanderer ~

Coins rung lightly on the counter, a couple spinning in place before falling flat with the rest. The store owner collected and counted them as she put her purchases away in her bag, then threw it over her shoulder and turned to leave. The store owner gave a kind goodbye and she waved lightly in response, stepping out the door.

Coco's feet carried her through the marketplace, refugees and citizens alike bustling about with their own business. Weaving through them was of relative ease to her, she slid through the crowd like a ghost, barely brushing anyone. Even with a crowd such as this (and for how much time has passed), the streets of Nayavere were familiar to her. Her thoughts carried her back to the first time she was here, the young man she encountered at the door. She laughed on the inside at how silly the whole thing ended up being. Before Coco's thoughts could continue, someone bumped into her, startling her from her nostalgia back to reality. A small huff escaped her at the person who bumped her, who did not apologize, merely going about their business. She turned away and made her way toward the alley. The crowd's density was growing now that she was aware of it, and it was beginning to annoy her.

"What a pain." she muttered to herself, darting around a corner, pausing there a moment, then began to walk without worry through the alley. Behind the houses here, it was dirtier and less pleasant, but the buildings blocked out most the noise of the townsfolk which was a definite perk for her. Traveling alone so much has made her less appreciative of crowds. Her boot steps echoed against the walls, but they halted quickly with her thoughts and her head turned to look over her shoulder. To any passerby, she was staring at nothing. To Coco, she was facing the direction of some interesting energy flares and the faint sounds of swords clashing. Why was there a... familiarity about the energy?

Her light colored eyes narrowed. Normally, Coco would walk away and leave it be, but her curiosity was piqued, so she decided to investigate. It's not like she was really up to anything otherwise, her agenda was for her to know and for her to do with it what she pleased. If it turned out to be nothing, then no harm done. Her senses carried her throughout the alley, until she came to a wide street and a large wooden door.

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
- Cyneward Atreus -

- The Last Paladin -

Cyneward's smirk quickly faded as he was suddenly kicked in the stomach, the blow forcing him away from Ramarith. He stood shakily for a moment before he fell to one knee, the extended period of time spent using his demonic powers clearly wearing upon him as he panted heavily. However, Justin's harsh words caused him to bare his teeth, flashing his fangs at the older knight as he attempted to fight back his wishes to charge at the man right away. "None of that matters...even if it is all for nothing, I'll try, because hope remains, I believe in Feora! What have I done, you ask? Well..." growling, he forced himself back to his feet, taking on a calm, prepared stance. As Ramarith sped forward to attack he barely moved, and as he was struck he simply raised his head. The zweihander halted it's advance, and for a moment it looked as though Cyneward had headbutted the blade. In a sense, he had, but he was holding back the blow with his horns. It was by no miracle that this was possible - his horns were, for reasons such as this, extremely durable.

"All while protecting the lives of the innocent, lately I've been set aflame twice, almost drowned, watched my city fall, brought about the death of my mentor, had my ribs broken and choked on my own blood, withered as the very life was drained from my body, even took what should have been a fatal blow and almost got cleaved in half." he slowly glared at the older knight as he spoke. "And honestly all of that...really...really..." he began to step forward, forcing the Phoenix Knight backwards, the paladin trembling with the amount of force he was fighting against. "...Pisses me off!" he screamed before taking an unexpected course of action and leaping backwards rather than continuing his retaliation, just in time to avoid the zweihander's flames from setting his hair alight, too. Rather than giving further cries and yells of anger, Cyneward simply held a look of grim determination, firing his crossbracer suddenly which he aimed for the side of Ramarith's head - he didn't intend to kill him after all, and he was fairly certain he would either dodge or block the attack regardless. That didn't matter, it was merely a distraction.

His real attack began but a moment after, as he drove his glowing blue sword into the ground, the glow of his eyes shining brighter to a fiercely intense state, the earth beneath the two knights parting to create an opening that tore from Cyneward to Justin at breakneck speed, a blue wave of what looked like magical energy rising from the parted ground and leading the attack, heading straight for Ramarith. This was not all, however. Tearing his blade from the floor beneath them, he then ran at his training partner at almost the same speed as the energy wave, and as he closed the distance between them he threw his sword at the man without warning, and with the extra force of his powers behind it that was something even a fully armored man needed to worry about. He continued to run forward however, until he swiftly leapt over the Phoenix Knight, soaring over him in a forward flip, and lashing out using his shield as a bludgeon to strike at the back of his head before he landed on his feet with impressive co-ordination. To finish the attack he spun around Ramarith in a flash with a nimble movement, retrieving his sword once it had launched it's attack upon the man and spinning into a horizontal slash, after which he held a focused stance, a calm and collected expression upon the young half-demon's face.

3,150 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
User Image
It's always easiest to sell what you steal to someone else...

Hearing Drythe slowly sound as if he were coming around to the idea of being a performer, or rather a volunteer for something dangerous she had in mind, Djarva smiled a bit. If she could get someone that was really good with a sword, her second performance would go off without a hitch, and she could possibly get a bit of coin out of it. It had been a while since she had performed the "Dance of the Blind", and it was great training and vastly entertaining to those who had not any knowledge of the customs of her tribe. When Divona admitted that she couldn't tell where exactly Djarva was from, the desert rose gave a slight chuckle before telling a bit of the truth. "I come from the deserts far east of this land, past one of the great seas. I was sent off to show my family that I could be a rather good merchant, but before I could give them the many wares I had procured, a majority of my stock was destroyed in Feora by the strifesworn, or stolen."

Normally there would be malice and discontempt in a persons voice at the mention of something like this happening to them, but she couldn't help but not be mad. Possibly due to the company she was with. "In any event, Drythe, I actually would not mind that at all. I may not look it, but the sword I carry on my belt isn't just merely for show, the situation at hand withstanding of course. Just come find me and we can do a quick practice run before the show. It would be better to get an idea of how you fight before actually just up and fighting against you." Djarva gave a carefree laugh before adjusting the pack she had slung over her shoulders. She would have to start practicing her firebreathing, and maybe even her swordplay as well. It would be a challenge, but it wasn't like the challenge wasn't welcome. She needed to be on her toes at all times anyways.

"Oh, also Arina..." Djarva nodded to her friend and kept her usual warm smile. "If you need me to help in any way, don't hesitate to find me. I will be looking for a spot to practice away from prying eyes and places where I would set anything ablaze. Wouldn't want to cause anything amiss in this town before the party even started." Djarva slowly started to make her way away from the group, waving as she did so. She would have to be careful, especially around anything here.

...but it's a true challenge to sell it back to the owner for double.

Dapper Dabbler

User ImageUser Image
~Shadow Cat Walker~

Catrina listened to everyone talk about setting up the party as well as Drythe protest that there wouldn't be anything he could perform. She chuckled at the thought as a few ideas came to mind, though she would have to work on her own mischief so she would be able to make a quick get away from this crazy elf. She then watched as the other demon walked up to them and started talking. For reasons unbeknownst to her, as soon as she saw Divona place her hands on Drythe's shoulders, she stiffened as she almost glared at the girl. The only explanation that came to mind was she was unsure if this other demon was coming to take her prey. The tension soon subsided as she watched the girl take her hands off of Drythe before inviting them all to stay at her house and eat dinner with her family. She quirked an eyebrow. Obviously this woman hadn't heard of what had happened with the fall of the healer's tent. This thought amused her and she was about to take advantage of this poor sucker before Arina and Drythe spoke up. Almost pouting, Catrina then started tugging on Drythe's shirt. "Oh come on! I think it'd be fun to stay with her, please? Just for tonight?" She pleaded like a little kid, keeping up her innocent facade. She let out a small sigh of relief as she heard that Djarva was leaving. She didn't want to watch Arina all lovey dovey huggy, ect, with that woman. It was just weird to her.

Business Businessman

User Image
< Sir Justin Ramarith >
< O >
< Righteous Phoenix >

Justin could only shake his head lightly as Cyneward responded. The Knight-Captain's words were harsh, indeed. But the young boy had fallen into the trap of allowing himself to be provoked by them. The boy jumped back, and Ramarith lowered his sword in response, keeping it close and able to guard at a moment's notice. This proved fortunate, as he found a small bolt flying towards him as the boy reached the top of his jump. Ramarith lifted his blade to block it while keeping Cyneward in his peripheral vision. He was now on the defensive and there was only one logical course of action that his partner could make, given the emotional state that he was in, press the attack.

But Ramarith did not expect just one attack. The bolt was a distraction, which showed him that the boy was capable of planning moves in advance. But how many was yet to be seen by the blazing knight. The flames around his sword grew more intense and he cut into the ground just in front of him, diverting some of the energy wave to his left but not all of it. The next motion was a testament to his quick reflexes and acclimatisation to the intensity of battle. He saw Sir Malith's sword shooting towards him right behind the wave and was able to swing his arm across his body, slamming it into the blade and causing it to fly up into the air. The charge inside the blade caused a small chip and crack in his armour, which flames proceeded to burn out of at a much higher rate than normal.

This wasn't the end. Five attacks in quick succession was very impressive, but sadly Justin wasn't about to let any of them connect properly. Flames erupted from his back to form the burning wings that gave him the name of Phoenix, and he used the force of doing so to rush forwards, ducking under the buckler swing and being out of range by the time the young paladin caught his sword and swung with that. The end result being that Cyneward and Justin stood at equal distance to before his attacks started, just on opposite sides. He sighed with frustration.
"You're running dangerously low on energy. If you had a point to prove, you've missed your chance. Your opponent is going to say things to upset you, to make you stop thinking clearly. I was able to predict and counter all of your attacks because I was in a stable frame of mind, while you were fighting from a clouded determination to make me think that I was wrong about my words." His flames grew larger and hotter.
"Determination is a fundamental asset for any competent warrior. But determination doesn't bring you victory. It simply opens the door. Walk through it with pride, and a cool head or it will shut in your face." The cracked armour on his forearm exploded off as more and more fire flooded through it. The bare skin blazing much more than any of the rest of him, it was as if his armour was holding him back. Perhaps that was the intention?
"You look calm, but you attack out of frustration and regret." He moved back into a ready stance, the wings dissipating as he did not have the capacity to hold onto them with only memories of righteous indignation, rather than the feeling itself.
"If I can provoke a reaction like that out of you, those who you wish to defeat on the real battleground will have no problems at all. Demon blood or not, you are a knight and a paladin. We do not fight out of rage, or fear or bloodlust. We fight for truth and justice and nothing more." He gripped his zweihander tightly with both hands.
"If I want you to take anything away from this, it is that. Now, attack me again. Think about what I said before, I want you to remember how my cruel words made you feel. But this time, you have to push that aside. I want you to actually be calm, not just look like it. Ignore the words, ignore the pain and attack in the name of what is good and right. Most importantly don't waste a drop of who you are while in doing so. " His heels dug into the floor and his gritted his teeth.

"Attack!"

Dapper Dabbler

User ImageUser Image
~Arina the Dancer~

Arina chuckled at Drythe's persistence that he wouldn't be able to perform and shook her head. "Come now deary, surly you can't expect us to believe you have nothing to perform, but if that's the case then I guess we could have you serving drinks or something." She said with a light hearted chuckle before she then heard Divona pipe up again. She smiled brightly at the woman as she started talking once more and offered to help with their little party. "Well I would love to come for the dinner, but I'm not quite sure when exactly this will end. It may very well go on all night. I would say that you and your folks shouldn't plan on at least myself being there. Though I do appreciate the offer again." She said before she turned her head, hearing Djarva saying she was leaving to practice and find a good place to practice. "Alright love, I'll come find you so soon as I know if I need anything." She said with a small nod before she then turned her attention to the dark skinned demon in front of her. "I would love if you could help me find some more musicians. I have a drummer and a lute player, but we'll need much more than that for this to be fantastical. And any help you are willing to give will be most helpful. I have plenty of coin for drinks and the like, but we are in need of things upon which people can sit on such as pillows, cushions, chairs, anything anyone can spare. I'm not sure how much we'll need though, because I'm not quite sure how big the venue will be. Haven't quite figured out where we're going to set up yet, my dear. You wouldn't happen to know where any large open fields might be near here, would you?" She asked with another bright smile. She was thankful that Divona was being so helpful.

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
- Cyneward Atreus -

- The Last Paladin -

Cyneward turned and watched Justin as he spoke to him, his eyebrows raising slowly as he took in everything the Phoenix Knight said. "...I understand." he told the man quietly, looking down upon Sir Malith's sword. "Indeed, I admit that regret weighs a heavy burden on my heart, but, I agree that it has no place in battle. There is much time for that elsewhere, and so I shall set it aside for now." he said, raising the sword before him and aligning the weapon to point up at the sky, the blade resting infront of his face as he closed his eyes. Sir Ramarith's last sentence echoed within his mind. "Who I...am..." he whispered, before opening his eyes as the Phoenix Knight commanded him to attack. Giving a simple nod, he rested his sword arm at his side before taking a step forward, beginning to walk calmly towards Ramarith.

Soon, this became a steady focused run, Cyneward's grey eyes fixed upon his partner. His following attack would be somewhat simple but was intended to be effective. Once within range he readied his shield before slamming it into the flaming zweihander, applying as much force as he could spare as he attempted to move the weapon astray just enough for his following strike, which was an upward swing of notable power due to the blue glow that enhanced the blade's effectiveness. The attack proceeded with the paladin having leapt into the air, and now allowed gravity to aid him as he brought his sword down upon Sir Ramarith, and using much of his demonic power, concluded his attack with the final downward slash as he began to land.

Sparkly Kitten

13,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
. : C O C O : .
~ the wind wanderer ~

Her feet carried her across the trees and through the large wooden door, her movement paused for a moment at the door. Coco peered in for a second before slowly stepping inward. Immediately she was cast in shadow and saw sunlight and bright flames licking at the end of the hall. Immediately, she knew they were no ordinary flames.

Stepping closer to the doorway, she remained in the shadows, not wanting to alert whomever else was inside with him just yet of her presence... it gave her the ability to merely observe the combat before her. Leaning on a post, her arms crossed in front of her chest, her tail touching the ground and laying at her feet, the end twitching lightly as red eyes peered past her furred hood. They danced around in entertainment as the battle commenced, even if it was just a training routine. The half-demon had impressive energy despite his blood (and despite his somewhat-sloppy form in battle), her thoughts lingered a moment on the thought of how much stronger he would be were he a full blood. But then they were shaken away, she need not judge him weaker by his blood.

A hand came up to touch her chin as her attention turned from the green--er--blue horn to the fiery knight, ears twitching at the sounds of swords clashing. Pale eyes studied his form, it was much cleaner in movements and precision than the other, the form of a well trained knight. From underling to teacher, impressive. When her eyes fell on his arm, she noticed the fire burning differently... the armor was gone. They narrowed, a ripple of reminiscence was felt in her, the coy smile she was wearing a moment ago vanishing. Coco's arms unfolded and she took a breath to center her energies. She didn't want to interrupt the battle, or make herself known yet, but she could tell it was on the steady track to getting out of control.

Rolling her eyes, she then quickly slid out from behind the pillar and looked at the two, a rush of strong, high speed winds blasting out from nowhere toward the two fighters. Hey, who knows, maybe Coco would get a chance to play, too. A small twinge of guilt rang in her at the young half-demon who happened to be in the air at the launch of her winds... oops. Too late now!

Business Businessman

User Image
< Sir Justin Ramarith >
< O >
< Righteous Phoenix >

Justin allowed himself to be distracted for one slim moment, glancing down at his exposed forearm which was burning brighter and more violently than the rest of him. This was bad, as his armour was specially crafted to regulate the speed in which the Onryou's flames burned his soul energy, the fuel for his impressive power. Without correct regulation, the fire would burn out of control, an event that was potentially fatal.

He wasn't prepared to cease Cyneward's training for something so petty, though. Especially as more flame granted him more power, so he hoped that he would be able to give the young paladin a taste of what the Phoenix was capable of.

He raised the blazing hand up and prepared to launch an overwhelming counterattack to Cyneward's jumping slash, but before anything could come to pass, a torrent of wind blew past the two of them. Normally, regular wind was not enough to extinguish his soul fire, but there was nothing regular about this wind as the knight-captain found the entirety of his flames gone. His eyes widened as he looked at his bare arm and made a desperate attempt to pull back, Cyneward's sword carving into his armour before the blast of air caused Ramarith to topple onto his side with a great clang.

He scrambled to his feet as fast as possible, as the sight of him being on the floor was totally unacceptable. He looked to where the wind came from and was surprised to see a familiar face. Being caught off-guard twice in one day? Pitiful.

"You?"

Playful Trader

User ImageUser Image
User Image

Enaia Laeshunn

Enaia watched the two knights as they continued through their training session, Ramarith's words seemed overly harsh, the kind of words that might just as easily break Cyneward down into tears as send him into a fury, ripping open such fresh and deep wounds seemed rather unnecessary, but the blonde seemed to be handling it on the better side at least. Cyneward attacked with quite the ferocity, but he was very unfocused at first, though he then seemed to calm and his attacks became more impressive, though still the older man blocked and dodged each strike. His abilities were not without flaw however, his gauntlet had cracked and now it was breaking apart, flames gushing through from his exposed flesh. That was not all that caught the girl's attention however, there was a sound, a scent on the air, something strange that hadn't been there before their battle had begun, a scent that was somewhat like her own, but at the same time mingled with something more similar to Cyneward's current odor. Ears perked and alert, the catgirl tried to pinpoint the source of the smell, it was nearby for certain, perhaps just outside or just entering the little arena they all occupied right now, perhaps it was someone else who worked with these two, but perhaps it was not, and Enaia was not one to be quick to fall back on such assumptions. At last the source of the strange scent made herself known, when Ramarith's armor condition seemed to be getting it's worst, part of the armor plating covering his forearm having exploded off, in an instant the flames that had engulfed he man were gone as a massive gust of wind struck the dueling pair. Narrowing her eyes Enaia tensed, grasping her wand and grimoire tightly as she considered very quickly what to do, whoever this person was they did not seem very friendly, she could run and get herself to safety, but she had just made herself some new allies and she might as well keep them for as long as she could manage.

Ramarith was in the least danger from the wind, it would knock him over, but Cyneward was in the air, it could throw him and quite possibly injure the young man, she would need to act fast using one of the spells she had memorized, she didn't have time for anything from her grimoire right now. Pointing her wand at Cyneward she recited her shield spell in her mind, a magical bubble forming around the young man and absorbing the force of the wind so that it did not touch the blonde. She would not have risked it if she thought the attack might be too powerful, but while it was dangerous, that wind magic was not so powerful she could not block it without risking herself. When it had taken the full brunt of the assault the barrier dissolved into a mist of sparkles that dissipated into nothingness, the paladin was no longer being defended and he would fall, but not struck by the winds thrown a him, his course downward would be exactly as it had been when he'd made the jump, so all would likely be well enough. Just as she'd figured, Ramarith was knocked over by the wind blast, but he had gotten to his feet easily enough and his attention had turned on the woman who had shown herself, whom he was apparently familiar with, something she found most interesting. For a moment she couldn't help feeling a small smug satisfaction at seeing the knight caught by surprise, Ha, see, you're not always ready either. she thought to herself, but now wasn't the time for such things, right now she needed to determine who this woman was and what she wanted, and if it came down to it she would help fight, unless the odds turned against them, then she would flee, her own survival superseded anything else in order of importance to her. "Friend of yours Sir Knight?" she asked, having shifted her wand to point at the red headed woman after she'd shielded Cyneward.

Business Businessman

User Image
- Drythe Hallover -
- [X] -
- Repentant Catastrophe -

Drythe still really wasn't sure if being a part of a performance based on battle, whether it was swordplay or not was really a good idea. He still didn't quite understand the nature of his extra-human energy reserves, or his berserker-like fighting instinct. Whatever it was, it was potent enough to cause the normally cautious boy to wade into a massive horde of Strifesworn alone to cause as much damage as possible.

But he still felt bad for refusing, and he really wanted to help, so ultimately he wore down his reservations and shook his head with a light smile on his still-scarlet face.
"If you can't find anyone else, I suppose I could give it a try. But my abilities with a sword don't come from skill, I don't know where they come fro-Hm?"

He was interrupted as he felt a tug on his shirt, he looked down to see Catrina giving him a petulant stare. It really wasn't a good idea for her to stay with Divona and her family. It was potentially very dangerous, but Drythe was in the strange position where he couldn't deny her without outing what had happened before, and potentially instilling panic. He sighed with frustration and ever-present anxiety.
"All right, I suppose. But you have to be on your best behaviour." In other words, no murder. He smiled up at Divona, who had surly heard this little exchange as a bead of sweat rolled down his face.

Arina then spoke up about the possibility of him serving drinks, or something to that effect. It seemed like a simple enough task, and it meant he could help without having to draw too much attention to himself.
"I could probably do that, I don't see why not."
Nazerene St. Claire

Honest to God I'll break your heart
Tear you to pieces and rip you apart
Honest to God I'll break your heart
Tear you to pieces and rip you apart....

User Image
It had been a while since the vampire had been above ground. The city was still and dead, nothing moved in the streets she passed, not a soul spoke all was still. Everything was going along with her own grand designs, her new breed of vampires were maturing at a rate that pleased her, soon, she would begin to embulde them with a resistance to light magic, then once her own forces were in great number she would strike, killing the one who used the foul light and then darkness would rule, as were the wishes of her god-queen mother. Still, the vampire couldn't help but feel, a strange sense of inner failure, which was odd considering all that she had done, the city was for the moment divided, a fact she would soon change, and her son finally come home to the way of the dark. Would should have seemed perfect, and yet it was not, in fact it felt as if a strom was gathering, one that she might not live through. Shaking her head, Nazerene walked on, her footsteps the only sound in the vast dead city of the world above.

((barg interact with meh gonk ))

Playful Trader

User Image
Divona Arethina
The Chubby Chocolate Southern Loli Demon

Divona listened as Djarva explained where she was from, "Wow, you're a long way from home then honey, but we're happy to have ya, welcome to Nayavere." she said with a very friendly smile. "Oh, that's terrible, I'm sorry." she said as a small frown came to her face at the mention of the woman's good having been destroyed and stolen. It was a shame, but at least she was still doing well enough, she could start again given time and she was safe here for now at least, so all in all things hadn't worked out too terribly for her in the long run, being alive was always a good start. Her attention was then stolen away by Arina while Djarva addressed Drythe once more, the demon listening to the kind elf, "Well there will be a spot open for ya if'n ya find the time to come join us at dinner hun." she said, smiling once more. Turning to give a friendly wave as Djarva excused herself from the group she then looked back to Arina once more as the woman mentioned some things she could use some help with, a contemplative expression crossing her round face. "Alright, musicians shouldn't be too much a problem, long as you're alright with some very lively music." she said with a chuckle before she then considered the next request, seating, and a location as well. "Hm, I think I know who to ask for the seatin' as for where to set up, I might suggest actually the field just south of town, lots'a space and it's all pretty level ground." she explained pointing toward the south end of town. Since the town had a fair bit of farming, there was a lot of flatland nearby, with only a small wooded area where Maeve and the others currently resided, and a series of rivers and small creeks fanning through the general area, making the land very fertile for the farms that spanned the edge of the town.

For all intents and purposes, most of the land Nayavere was settled on was plains, so finding a nice wide open field would be no issue at all for them, they would just need to find a place that best suited their desires. Hearing Cat's pleading of Drythe to be able to stay at her house made her blink a little and turn to look at the pair, smiling as the dark haired man gave in and accepted on the condition that she be on good behavior. "I'm glad to hear it, I'll be sure to let my Ma know we've got two more for the night, we'll get ya both sorted out." she said, giving the man a soft pat on the shoulder again, completely oblivious to Cat's earlier dislike of her having touched him. Unfortunately she knew nothing of Cat's situation and no one had told her about it yet, Drythe being too much of a pushover to speak ill of the girl if he didn't have to, and of course Cat wouldn't be volunteering the information that she was a back stabbing evil little girl, so for now the demon was left completely unaware of the danger. Looking from Cat to Drythe she noticed the drop of sweat rolling down his face and raised her brow a little, "Are ya gettin' too hot now or are ya just too tense still?" she asked with a light chuckle. "I think ya need to relax before all the festivities get goin' I can give ya a shoulder rub if ya like, my Ma says I'm really great at it, would probably settle ya down a little." she offered with another of her genuine friendly smiles. It was a innocent and friendly offer, but given the circumstances surrounding Cat and Drythe it likely wouldn't go down too well, but she didn't know that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff