Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,050 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Guildhall Ward-Nameless Bar
User Image The chanting of "Fight fight fight" echoed around Lei's ears as he raised the small glass with tiny boulders of ice and amber colored liquid to his lips and took a sip. So far his second day in this....place have proved to have more excitement and danger than his trek up the mountains to a gate that had transported him here. That's the last time I buy a map from a guy who is blind in both eyes. Lei thought himself as he finally turned his head to the ring surrounding the two females about to gut each other over...what exactly? Lei wasn't paying attention to whatever caused the fight, he had his own problems to think about. Like how the hell he was suppose to get home, from the first day he ended up here he was already mislead by a false guide to a back alley in some place called the Hive where he and four other man proceeded to try and mug him. Try being the emphasis of meaning for that little group as Lei showed to be rather stubborn when it cam to his possessions and life. Needless to say they wouldn't be trying anything like that for a while or at least until there collar bones and ribs healed to a point where they could stand, which ever came first.

He did take what little money they had and found a place to sleep for the night and hurried out right at the morning, he saw the looks from people there that his clothing seem to scream money. of course it was a well made jacket, white with light blue trims around the wrist and front of the jacket. Loose not closing hugging his frame but not entirely draping over his hands, just about right. His pants of the same material with the same coloring on the sides of his pants. Strapped to the back of his mid-waist was his trusty sword that had helped him out quite a bit over the years. After his glass was empty and he had not enough money to buy another one, his mind turned to the fight. He got up from his little seclusion table and joined the circle. He saw a woman talking to who he guess was the bet taker and put down his three gold pieces to the person." This much on the tall one as well". He looked to the woman with the cowl over her head as he pushed the seeming small glasses back in to place a bit only to have them slip down slightly from the disturbances of his finger."I sure hope I picked the right one".

Wheezing Werewolf

Guildhall Ward: No-Name Bar

Lian's blade would not make its mark into soft flesh, but instead scraped with a sound like nails on a chalkboard. Had Lian forgotten about the nature of her hidden genealogy? The part of her that gave her inhuman strength and granted her the ability to summon stone skin...

Lovi had shifted from her natural form to that of a living, moving statue. And in such a state, there was little that could break through the natural crust of armor. She'd dropped the chair upon missing her intended mark, leaving her hands free to do as they most disastrously pleased. She reached out to take hold of Lian's ever long silver hair (or at least try to) before pivoting on one foot and whipping the monarch's loose form over her shoulder. Either she would lift the elven woman from her feet and toss her about like a flailing rag doll, or she would pull a substantial mass of hair from the ancient woman's scalp. Either way, the prospect was satisfying.

Somewhere in the back of her mind Lovi wondered again why she'd been so bitter toward her former friend. It certainly had nothing to do with the slew of stupid banter that had, more or less, meant nothing but to swell their anger just enough to act out. But as the crowd gathered, placing their bets and watching on with mild amusement, she remembered. Remembered how Lian's meddling had, through its own chain of events, caused the final straw that broke her back. The last dire, life threatening event that drove her to end the guild for good. And for all the elven woman's unwanted involvement in Lovi's affairs, she couldn't even take care of her own when the very worst of it had come calling.

"Do you ever just SHUT UP?!" she howled angrily in response to Lian's latest little insult. Lovi didn't have the greatest gift for talking, but her greatest weakness to date was in her ability (or lack thereof) to listen.

Desirable Genius

arrow Guildhall --No Name Bar

Lian heard the screech of her knife tip on stone. It just infuriated her to no end, growling and screeching as she felt her hair move upwards. The scarf fell away, Lian kicking and flailing her feet around until she was tossed like a rag doll. A chunk of her hair came loose into Lovi's hand, Lian colliding with the wall over the crowd. The crowd scrambled out the way, Lian dropping her knife and holding her head. She brought hand to the spot of missing hair, pulling back droplets of blood. "Why 'shut up' if no one listens anyway?!"She shouted back, using the wall as a means of support as she bent down and picked up her dirk again. She put it to the cloth of her skirt, using it to tear a slit in it so she could move better. She sheathed her weapon, cracking her knuckles. If Lovi was going to use her stone skin, she was going to have to use something a bit tougher than that.

Lian's hands started to warm up, the skin turning red before they ignited in a hot green flame. Bringing her hand down to the floor, the heat let her hand slice through the wood easily like a hot poker while her hands reached for something down below. "I'm tired of giving advice to people who don't listen...But someone has to in the future down the road and that's all that counts..."She spoke, her voice low and gravely. The floorboards of the bar started to shake violently, the wood starting to splinter and split apart. Through the splinters shone a green light, the stone underneath the flooring starting to swell. Lian thrust her hand out of the wood, the earth and stone forcing it's way through the floor. "Hand of the Rock Titan!"She shouted.

From the floor, a massive hand came up from behind Lovi, ready to grab her. If Lovi wasn't going to listen willingly, Lian was going to make her listen one last time.

Wheezing Werewolf

Guildhall Ward: No-Name Bar <<<

A great hand sprung up from the floorboards and took hold of Lovi from waist down, like a child's grip on a (furious, flailing) Barbie doll in the midst of play. As far as experience and sheer power was concerned, Lian was, on a scale of one to five....somewhere around an eight. But Lovi only matched that power with her own fury and stubbornness. She wasn't afraid to confront Lian, and she wasn't so quick to give in, even when it seemed as though there wasn't much of an option otherwise.

"NO ONE wants to listen to you, you sanctimonious b***h!" she bellowed as she paused in her attempts to squirm free, "DID I ASK FOR YOUR GODDAMN ADVICE?!" Lovi momentarily forgot that her personal deity of worship was a 'she' as she pressed on with the more common expletive.

"You don't help people.. You force them to accept you as a 'savior' because it feeds your own damned inflated ego. You spin 'motherly' advice like its the word of Gods and then shove it down people's throats like a psychological rapist!"

Lovi hadn't wanted to continue with this whole conversational bit, but Lian wasn't giving her much of a choice, was she?

"Is it really that difficult for you to comprehend that I don't like you anymore, or do I have to spell it out for you?"

With that she balled one hand into a fist and clasped the other hand over it tightly. Raising them high above her head, she brought them down hard, slamming into the competing stone of the giant grasp that held her. She repeated the motion over and over, intent on cracking the inferior rock until it crumbled beneath her own mighty fury.

And with each blow she spoke-

"I advise YOU-"

WHAMM!

"To [******** off-"

WHAMM!

"And DIE!"

And with one last hit she struck at the enormous construct with a sound like rolling thunder, so deep and heavy it shook the very ground beneath them.

Dapper Genius

James ducked nimbly aside when the (vaguely) familiar elven lass came sailing through the air in his general direction. In spite of himself, an off-kilter peal of laughter escaped his lips as she collided with the wall, hard.

This was fun!

Since she did not seem all that inclined to leave the wall she'd just met, James backed carefully away, following the rest of the clambering crowd, but remaining to the front of it. He didn't want to miss the spectacle, after all.

Sure enough, a spectacle was offered, as the white-haired woman conjured up some strange flavor of elemental spell. It was rather impressive, but it didn't seem to be conventional arcane magic, so it would be futile to attempt to trade spells with her later. A shame, but he had enough tricks in his repertoire anyway.

The opponent seemed to be using a trick not unlike the Stoneskin spell, one that he could accomplish... But her version seemed a little more advanced, though he wasn't exactly sure how. Either way, this fight was bringing out both the scholar and the psychopath within the white-haired gunman; He was enjoying analyzing their powers, just as much as he enjoyed the brawl.

Desirable Genius

arrow Guildhall--No Name Bar

"And Die...'

Those words struck her pretty deep. Lian had used the massive hand from the ground to grab her to listen...but what was the point. The hand that she was using to control the other trembled, and the stone one was shaking with it. Slowly after all the beatings and Lian's nerve breaking, it started to crumble. "You...You're..."She said, stopping herself. The magic started to die down and her connection with the stone broke. The soil and the stone started to sink back into their original positions but the bar's floorboards were toast. Her brow furrowed, and maybe for the first time, she shut up. "You're wrong...but you are right...But...I didn't want anyone to die. I'm always afraid that if I don't do anything...If I don't say anything...That someone will die..."She said, backing up toward the wall. "And someone did...So many have...I thought by giving people advice, that I would keep them from making the mistakes I did...but I keep making them over and over..."

Lian looked somewhere ahead at the floorboards. She had destroyed something else again. The cogs in her brain were turning but she didn't know what to do. Her feet wanted to run, her hands wanted to fight to stay and her head just sort of wanted to stay to figure out what was going on. Lian looked to Lovi, shaking her head and leaned down to grab her cloak that had the clasp broken with Lovi's toss before. "I blamed KB for everything that's happened...but it's all my fault."She said, shaking her head and making for the bar door.
arrow Guildhall---> No Name Bar

This was it. As the crowds were shouting for a victor for the fight, Gwendolyn would seize her opportunity. Lovi pushed the former Elven monarch's mentality right to the edge where she needed it. As Lian headed for the door, Gwendolyn would make her move, grabbing Lian by the back of her shirt and pulling her backwards into the crowd. "You didn't hear her with those ears of yours?"She said, drawing an obsidian dagger from under her own cloak, bringing it to Lian's back and running it through. "She said 'Die'..."

Gwendolyn turned Lian's body toward the doorway out the bar into the street. The older elf looked back to Lovi, bringing her hand back to remove the cowl to reveal her face. "You did say that didn't you? Being bored for the past 2 months has made my hearing possibly go selective...Since you are the victor though, that just makes sense the defeated follow your wishes."She laughed.

Gwendolyn looked at the black blade, dripping three drops of Lian's blood onto her hand which turned into three small red gems. She held one up like a dazzling ruby, turning it around in her fingers."So what do you want as your prize? The head? The heart? The gold you won with the betting?...Oh I know...How about some peace? You'll get that now..."She said, gesturing out the door. "Because now you have your wish..."
Tresondros Ecstuffuan
Tres reached into a leather pouch on his utility belt and pulled out a blood pack. Oddly enough, rather than the red liquid one would expect inside was a strange quicksilver like silver liquid that shimmered in the light with the sparkles of billions of stars. Tres tossed the blood pack towards KB and said; "Only the best for my men."

The vampire caught the offered item and looked it over for a moment before turning his thoughts inward. While Tres spoke with Jay, KB stood holding the object in his sole hand behind his back, looking up past the interior of the pyramid and to the sky above. In his own way he was searching the stars that loomed out of sight and reach.

Tresondros Ecstuffuan
"...A NEW DAWN---"

A new dawn...

He snorted at the thought. Not only did the choice of words seem pretty poor to him given his circumstances he didn't really believe them. Not that it really made much difference in the end. He would help Tres establish a sort of order in the area that it woefully lacked and protect the citizens of Sigil at an industrial level.

His eyes dropped to the side to regard his persistent hallucination inconspicuously. Her silvery form loomed in as if to chastise him, a single finger wagging in his face while hers wore an unusual frown. He had been so close to completing his end of the contract and recovering the prize that would allow him to...

"..."

Lonely Hellhound

12,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
The Nine swords.

II-Hideo Kun-II

Realising that she was in fact drenched as he offered to talk over a drink, beads of water dripping from the silver streaked black hair and rolling down her face. It would take a while to get dry, hopefully there would be some form of heating inside. Skittles was also less than happy about being outside, and for the first time in his life he nipped Jay on the a** with that incredibly sharp beak of his.

Crying out with shock before rubbing the assaulted cheek, "Bad Skittles!"

"I think going inside is a great idea, and I have never been one to turn down a drink."

Letting herself be lead inside while glaring down at the saturated griffin, she would have to growl him properly later since the damn thing pranced along behind them proudly.
******** bite hurt like hell.
Once inside it was like heaven, the warmth washing over her pale cold skin, instantly making her shiver from the sudden change in temperature. Looking back at the man with a satisfied smile.

"This is a lot better, so what's your poison?"

What was originally going to be a quiet drink while waiting for her cargo to arrive had now turned into what could possibly be a nice evening with good company, hopefully providing a good conversation too. Since she was not exactly local and talking to the residents was not something she really wanted to do.
Pulling her friends card from her boot...Poor Bishop was probably going to flip out at her...Since she was having to pay double for the shipping of her weapons...And also was going to do a bit of shopping once everything was done. She would pay him back of course...
Making her way over to a nice private side table, Skittles eagerly taking his place at her feet as she sat down. Laying his head on his masters lap, looking for attention.

Jay waved a waitress over.

"A whiskey please, neat. Some hot bread and soup if you have it and any kind of roast meat, a nice big plate and a bone if you can. Oh and a hot cloth please."

Looking to her new companion awaiting his order. After which Jay would pay before the waitress went on her way.

"So, do tell?"

Gentle rubbing Skittles behind his ear while raising an eyebrow at the man, finally taking note of the red eye..Not uncommon on Gaia, but still a little unnerving.

Smoker

Hideo would follow the woman to a seat in a semi-secluded section of the bar, it was warm and the beads of rain slipped off Hideo's body with ease, as for the blood stains well...they were red, contrasting the black hue of his jacket. Sighing as he began to brush whatever water he could off before taking a seat. Allowing time for the woman to make her selection before he made his.

"I will take a pint of your best mead please.."

Reflecting that same pleasant smile he always had. He hadn't been fond of mead before, it was always piss beer and cig's but someone who he once knew...and probably should forget, offered him mead, and what ensued would be a life long dream that faded jut as his first love did. It was sad really but Hideo never really doted on the fact of it all, it was simply something that had happened and passed now, but he still liked the drink.

Once his order was complete he would take note of the woman's pet, beak and feathers complimenting a lion's stance. It was an oddity as Hideo only gave notice within, his facial expression remaining the same until he constricted his crimson optic upon the woman's own, and spoke.

"Well I cant say that I know where to begin, other than the fact I was scouting out some real estate in these parts...a business venture if you will, checking out some vacant structures until I was ambushed by something unknown. I doubt you are familiar with scourges but, nevermind I will tell you. Imagine a human pried of his humanity, inhibited of its nutrients and regular social interaction. Pelted with drugs and sorcery I cant even begin to describe...until they mutate, then only can you manipulate the human psyche, months of exile they become lifeless dummies that only exist to eat once more...some call it illicit vengeance but I call it Impractical torture. I mean knowing that they once had a life just as you...its saddening."

He would only glance at his right arm until the pause was brought to silence, only then did he return his gaze upon her and continue.

"As I was saying, when I entered this vacant building I was attacked by these things...and well by means of evasion I was plowed through a wall by something I am not totally sure of and then I bumped in to you. But that is only one of the reason's I came here, another reason I am here is to find a very very good blacksmith, or weapons dealer."

Careful not to give specifics because he was still unsure he could even begin to trust her simple advice. The bar was busy for the range of time they entered, the warm accents and lighting giving a very personable establishment. To say the least he liked it, the smell of cedar oak furniture. It was reassuring as he returned a question for the woman to answer.

"What brings you here?"

Asking while they awaited their order.

4,050 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Guildhall Ward---> Nameless Bar

User Image It had been quite a while scene Lei had witness a battle that when beyond the realms of "normal" and he was impressed. These two new how to throw there magical weight around but it was a short match decided by verbal attacks rather than physical, and sometimes that's all what was needed to end a conflict. Lei felt for the loser but there wasn't anything he could do or care to do, the battle was her problem and she lose and besides Lei didn't know her. He was right to follow the crowl woman's lead and bet on the tall one who happen to be some sort of earth golem. Speaking about that woman she seem to disappear as the fight started. He held out his hand to the bet taker and was handed his gold. A reasonable amount by his standards but he didn't exactly know if he was being cheated or not, he would have to learn this place's way of doing things if he was gonna live to see home again. he pocketed the gold and decided it was time to leave this little busted up establishment when the crowl woman made her move.

Lei didn't know if it was for a grudge, contract killing, or just for her own pleasure but the crowl may have silenced the loser of this battle permanently with that stab to the back. Lei's hand covered his mouth slightly as his other arm rested in the nook of his other arm where the elbow joints where. He had seen cold-blooded killings before and he never got use to them,this place "Gaia Prime" was a place where rules didn't seem to matter at least in this part of realm,city or whatever this place was. Either way Lei decided it was best for him to go before he became a target for someones fun and what not. He made for the door of the bar that lead outside to a world where survival of the fittest was the key phrase.

Timid Gekko

2,825 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
User Image
Trinity Syn
Wayward Warrior
~ ~ Age: 241 ~ ~
Activated Skills: NONE

Health: 294/294 Mana: 120/120
~~ Atk +4 ~~ Dfnc+2 ~~ Mgc+7 ~~ Adpt +5~~

When once our heav'nly-guided soul shall clime,

Then all this Earthy grosnes quit,
Trinity was conversing lightly with an orcish brute. She had been curious of his species. However, a deep tingling sense echoed down her spine and she could feel that something was wrong. Turning away, she gripped her dagger, drawing it. AS soon as it came free, it’s blade glistened and extended to the full length of a b*****d sword, the blade black as the night that had settled on the city. She rushed toward the bar door as Lian stumbled out. The smell of blood was in the air. Just like that, Trinity was back in her homeland, the start of the war beginning with the fatal wounding of a dear friend upon the ramparts of Castle Myorn.

Trinity caught the woman in one arm, stabbing the sword into the ground near the door. Running her fingers along the blade, it directed a ward spell into the doorway, preventing those inside from getting outside. It also cast a midlevel ward around Trinity and the elven woman. Wasting no time, Trinity, rolled the woman onto her back, not bothering for talking. She had been unable to save Alessandra at Myorn, but she would not lose Lian. She found the wound, pressing her hands to it and called forth the runes she needed.

“Assah Ro Nak To,” She called out, her voice snapping with power as each ancient word was spoken in the old tongue. Her hands glowed a shimmering blue, enveloping the wound in a ghostly bandage of the same color, circular in nature and warm to the skin. It would soothe the pain and provide a level of clarity.

Quote:
Staunch Wound: An intermediate healing spell used to close sword and knife wounds, the caster uses a portion of their mana to quite literally prevent the flow of blood from the wound. The more mana poured into the spell, the long it will last.

From her pocket, she produced a paper, for the Amazonian to read should she find it. She whispered softly into its cool touch, allowing the inlaid magics to transcribe her words to ink. Lifting her blade from the ground and dropping the note on the ground, she lifted Lian in her arm, holding her close to her frame. Taking a deep breath, she mentally prepared herself for the Recall. Her mouth dropped slightly and she inhaled one last time before speaking the words once more.

“Etsu Rahn Sak no Me Fon So Re Ak,” she called out loudly, the air around them crackling with immense magical energy as each word was spoken, each syllable snapping with an ancient power. A bright light shown from the ground beneath them, and enveloped them in its brilliance. With a sudden echoing boom that rattled windows and shook buildings, they were gone, with nothing but some blood and the note upon the ground. Were Lovi to read it, it would simply say this.

“When I find you, I WILL kill you. –Trinity”

Across town, at Lian’s manor, Trinity and the wounded would suddenly appear. Trinity staggered, blade dropping from her hand, struggling to keep her now weakened body and wounded companion. Lifting Lian up, she ran toward the door, her own wounds sending waves of pain along her thin frame. Reaching the front door, Trinity kicked it, hard twice before it succumb and split at the lock, sliding open. She knew Terrance was in the house.

“Terrance,” She yelled, stumbling in, before moving into the dining room, “Terrance help. Lian is wounded.”

Attir'd with Stars, we shall for ever sit,

Triumphing over Death, and Chance, and thee O Time.

Desirable Genius

arrow Mentally Somewhere...

The sudden jerking grab of her shoulder made Lian stop and fall backwards. The searing pain sent her mind into a flurry of questions. She didn't see who stabbed her and by the time she was pushed out the door, she had stopped thinking about what happened between Lovi and herself to who had the audacity to stab her while her back was turned. There was only one person who she was fighting in there and that was Lovi...but Lovi didn't have a knife on her. Someone else did it...and also took something else from her. In those moments she lay in Trinity's care, she was having flashes of seeing her life before her eyes that had missing gaps from it. Lian couldn't remember her childhood, her teen years, the face of those she had been grieving and those she had loved before. Big massive gaps...Lian's eyes wandered to the dark skinned elf. Of all, she could remember the name of this one because she cared and there was an emotion there that she used to keep the name in her mind before something took it away: Serenity is Trinity...

Whatever she was doing, it was helping but it hurt. Lian's hand wandered to the knife's exit wound in her chest near the front of her rib cage but nowhere near her heart and lungs. It wasn't meant to be fatal. Who did this to her?

Who was...Lovi? It was the last name that would slip her mind before Lian slipped into a wavering state of consciousness and she would forget that moment in time where her heart pounded in rage or the heartbreaking sadness in realizing her biggest fault. Weather the memory loss was from shock or from a spell, they would find out later. Lian could see her home and fortunately she could remember places. Places, things, certain feelings of pride when she looked at a piece of work. She could remember the picture she saw on a foyer table that was of her family and she could remember their names. There are some things a mother could never forget. Lian felt her feet leave the floor and the name "Terrance" be called. "Ter...Terrance..."She muttered, her eyes rolling around in her head.

Terrance...A boy wonder. He didn't have one of his arms...was it crystal or was it metal? He was scrawny...so either one would be heavy on him. A rose though popped into her mind and she knew that this was the Terrance who lived with her that she had such a motherly affection for since he lost his own. "Terrance..."She muttered again, her eyes slipping closed.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Terrance Vanguard

Didn’t seem Terrance would get much rest today.

He was still on the couch enjoying his metal rest when Trinity decided to scream down the halls. However, it was certainly justified especially when Leon took in the sight he’d seen. He took a second and move some loose strand of dreads from his head. Before reaching down in his pocket, grabbing a rubber band, and tying said dreads into a ponytail.

He didn’t even ATTEMPT to hear what Trinity had to say, the bloody leaking from Lians abdomen was certainly enough for Terrance to calculate what was wrong with her. He jumped out of his seat his eyes growing wide and he ran to his boss. “Don’t be too rough with her, Not going to do well at all with the wound." The wound itself however was intriguing. It seemed that it was right near her chest and also created an exit wound, Not really common with knife wounds, It was nowhere near her heart of lung either. It was safe to say she’ll live.

“I’ll take her upstairs to get her treated, she’ll live, but I’ll need to stop the bleeding.” Medical Science wasn’t exactly his strongest subject in School, but it was still something that he had learned, it seemed that he would have to save a life Outside of his power suit, if only it was a bit more graceful than this.

However that still leaves the problem of: “Who did this?” A stern look was locked on his face, he was holding her bridal style, honestly noting weighed much anymore after having to carry Julia. Julia for what he remembered was loads heavier than her, but that was probably because of the mass in ‘certain area’.

Familiar Gaian

On Gaia..
"Hey, hey, hey," Tamed nervousness spat out of the thief's mouth as his two adversaries dragged him by his biceps towards what was his imminent doom. In this case, such doom meant leaving the fine drinking establishment he'd invited himself into not long ago, and the two bouncers that now saw to it that he left. "I was only being truthful! C'mon, I'll buy you guys a drink!"

Not the sunlight, anything but the sunlight. It was a nice, cozy dark bar, and he'd been drinking his share, coming to only a slightlier heavier buzz of proportions he'd not willingly admit to. But he knew it was enough that the sunlight would be a b***h on his eyes. He'd already begin wincing at the open door. "No, no-"

Guildhall Ward
Unknown Alleyway

Mud.
With half of his face buried in it, the thief began spitting out the little bit mixed with rain water that poured into his mouth. He spat again, more of a huffing or breathing as he cracked open an eye and looked around. It wasn't raining a minute ago.. and surely the sunlight was his most threatening foe, but it too had withered away and succumbed to it's brother.

His judgement was thrown a bit when his left hand sunk into the mud, and his right found some kind of soggy support, some kind of pressed paper or cardboard laying next to him. He'd slipped a little, but he found the strength to overcome it and get to his hands and knees and look about.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff