Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Genius

Tresondros Ecstuffuan

"It doesn't... But I can text you a street address." He was a professional murderer, and though he wasn't paranoid, he wouldn't exactly want to carry a tracking device in his pocket. His phone was based on a rather old model, anyway.

Still, after hanging up, he made his way to a street corner, the signs pretty well pinpointing his location. That should be adequate for their driver, so he sent off the text, impatiently awaiting his pickup.

Sure, he was exposing himself a little... But he didn't have many overt enemies. And if this was some sort of trap, he'd simply kill whoever showed up to attack him.

He preferred simple solutions, after all.

arrow Somewhere Under Sigil...

Gwendolyn had made a quick escape through the floorboards of the ruined bar like an inkwell, taking the droplets of Lian's blood that she needed with her. With those blood gems she created, she was going to spread a reign of terror through Sigil using their own darkest fears. In the underground, in a dungeon long forgotten, Gwendolyn stood over three vats of potion she had brewed that had been sitting for days until she could strike. Now that she had the gems, it was time to start part two. Gwendolyn deposited each of the gems into one of the vats like a seed, waiting for what her plan would germinate through the fluids.

The first would be a small hand. "Rise my true daughters of fear...Rise..."She said like a proud mother waking up her children from a dreamy sleep. The first to rise would be a small child. The child screamed with the new breath of life, holding a small straw doll with her as she dragged her tiny form out of the vat. She coughed, inhaling her first breaths before straightening herself out, looking at Gwendolyn with large blue eyes. The gem buried deep inside the old medieval straw doll glowed dully, not having the vibrance of madness feeding it yet. She rubbed her eyes sleepily, looking at her again and then looking back at the other vats.

"Wakie, Wakie, me's!"She said, giving the other vat a kick.

Another drowsy head peeked up from the green, glowing pool. She sat all the way up, dressed in an elvish gown and cloak. She looked around, shaking out her long white hair. The second girl could have very well been Lian's own daughter from the looks but Gwendolyn knew better. These young girls and women were the inner most fears of the owner of the blood she spilled back at the now freshly destroyed bar. The Child of Childish Fears who tugged at the dress of her older self that held her book anxiously to her chest. The Adolescent of the New Changes that looked down, unsure and looked at the book, opening it up to look inside to find that it was blank and Mother of Loss who stirred from the vat more gracefully than the other two. She pulled her long black gown that seemed to devour the green light and all other light around it, the train having to be daintily pulled out. The little girl with the doll ran around her, pulling and straightening the train for her while the Mother pulled back the widow's veil she wore that covered her face and hair to reveal dark black orbs that replaced the baby blues the child danced around with in wonder of her new life. Gwendolyn rubbed her hands together, bringing her hand out for the girls and women to come closer to. "My beautiful girls...this is how it should have been for so long...And now that I have given you the blessing of life, you shall go and awaken Sigil to it's darkest fears."She said, unaffected by the beings she created. "Spread out and gather their minds in the Hive and the Market Ward. You my dear Mother...You will stay here while the other two venture out. I have special plans for you."Gwendolyn smiled.

"I will go the Hive! I wonder if it will have bees...and if there are bees, there will be flowers right! Right?"The Girl joyfully laughed while the Adolescent furrowed her brow a little. She closed the book with a heavy slam.

"Whatever you wish...I will go to the Market Ward...It's better than a place of bees and of flowers...It shall have the most wonderful of things."The Adolescent sighed drearily. "Something more wondrous than this leaky dungeon..."

The little girl hopped up in down, her tattered peasant's clothes that were moth eaten and patchwork stitched barely hanging on as she took the hand of the Adolescent and pulled her down the long path out of the dungeon. When they reached the streets through a basement door that lead out into an alleyway in the Guildhall, the little girl did a curtsey which tore her ragged dress and she skipped off with her straw and twine doll under her arm. The Adolescent stood in the mouth of the alleyway, looking around. A man walked past her holding an empty sack which he was going to use to gather food and items from the Market Ward. The Adolescent reached her fair, pale hand out to just his empty sack. "Tell me where the Market is..."She said, making no moves to make the request even sound pleasant. The man raised an eyebrow, shrugging.

"I'm on my way there now, kid...Just follow behind me, we're not far."He said, the Adolescent adjusting the book under her arm and following behind him. So began the Adolescent and the Child's trek through the city of doors.

The Mother of Loss though stood watching the two disappear, Gwendolyn bringing the oldest of the three's attention to her by putting a gloved hand under her chin and making her look. The Mother stared emptily at her. "I have a special job for you...You will go to the Ladies Ward and gather the minds there...The lower districts can't have all of the fun, now can they? Gather their attention with your oracle's mist, show them what they can truly have with their greedy choices...and then rip from them. Show them what it really means to lose everything..."She said, brushing her gloved thumb on the lower lip of the empty Mother who's black eyes started to water and leak a pink fluid which turned thick and bloody.

"Even the children...?"The Mother asked, bringing her cold hands up to the veil and bringing down to hide her tears.

"Yes...Even their children..."Gwendolyn said. The Mother would slip away, starting up the same path but her steps made her look like she was gliding around a ball room floor, moving up the stairs in the same fashion and into the alleyway. She moved to the street and down the sidewalk. People looked at her obscurely, questioning her black bride appearance. The Mother would simply gaze at them behind the veil and move on...until she spotted a happy couple. This made her stop, and in turn, made them stop. "Hey...Hey Lady! That's some get-up you've got there...Hey, isn't that dress pretty, sweetie?"The young female said, looking to her mate.

He smiled, but he was trying hard not to look at the Mother's eyes under the veil that were just dark orbs staring back. The Mother moved forward toward them, bringing her hand up to the Male's face while speaking to the young female. "You...Shall know your greatest loss..."She spoke, the Male under her hand suddenly dropping like a ton of bricks. The young woman screamed, scrambling back away form the Mother and then to her fallen mate that lay dead on the side walk, screaming and crying for help. The Mother would move on, slowly and elegantly making her way to the Ladies Ward...

Wheezing Werewolf

Tresondros Ecstuffuan
The Hive - Emerald Pyramid

Tres always found it funny that Lovi managed to sound disinterested at everything. It was a good thing the psion was interesting and bombastic enough for the both of them. "Its me. You want to meet up at the market Ward to grab some food, I'm hungry.", Tres expected her to say yes so he was already putting on a shirt.

Where am I gonna shower., the psion suddenly remembered that the Dark Swan was a tainted hell hole now.

Lovi half expected to hear something like, We're conquering the Lady's Ward today. Where the hell are you?, but dinner sounded somewhat better given the current circumstances.

"Sure," she said, "Where are we going?"

Although it was somewhat downsized, the Market Ward was still an enormous area, and a bit too vague to simply show up and find one another. The bleeping sound persisted, and Lovi tapped her finger hastily on the side of the phone impatiently.

"Think quick," she added, "This thing is about to die on me."

4,050 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image Lei thought he was leaving the bar until he ran in to what seem like a invisible wall. His nose and face scrunched up against it as he backed away from whatever was keeping him from leaving this rather unpleasant place that moment. He glared at the barrier someone had erected in front of him, things just kept getting worse in this world and he had enough of it. Out of habit his hand reach for a pouch strapped to his thigh but it was not there.He looked down and signed inward. Right I left it before I took the trip to the mountain..dammit. He got lucky as soon the barrier disappeared along with the body of the elf girl and someone else he only caught a glimpse of. He wasn't the only bolted out of there. He didn't know where he was going he just had to leave. He walked and walked the streets of this place full of danger and wonder and thought about how he was gonna live until he found away home. First thing he needed was his Yin&Yang spells.I wonder if they sell them here?. He thought as he asked around people who hurried by to escape the rain that had started up, Lei just now notice the water pelting his white coat making it soaked through.Oh the hell with this thing. He though and snaked his fingers between the clasp buttons and tore it from his person,revealing the body he had sculptured himself to the people around him as he through the jacket on to the wet ground,"If am gonna live here might as well look the part...for now". He said softly to himself as he proceeded towards the market ward after a rare kind someone told him where to go.

Aged Gaian

The Egotist
Tresondros Ecstuffuan

"It doesn't... But I can text you a street address." He was a professional murderer, and though he wasn't paranoid, he wouldn't exactly want to carry a tracking device in his pocket. His phone was based on a rather old model, anyway.

Guildhall Ward

"That is sufficient."

after about 15 minutes, a flying silver plated carriage drawn by winged unicorns would swing in front of James. The driver, an attractive half elf male would tip his top hat to James. He was pretty sure this was the guy he was looking for with Jame's distinctive white hair and glasses. Once James got in he would fly off and head to the Ladies Ward over the majestic and bustling city.

Dapper Genius

Tresondros Ecstuffuan

"Subtle." He gave a slight nod of acknowledgement to the driver, even as he muttered sarcastically under his breath. He might not be all that well known around here, but still, wouldn't a more plain pickup have been a little wiser?

He supposed it didn't matter. As he sat lazily in the carriage, he lit up a fresh smoke with a word of magic, taking a drag. He couldn't help but smirk a little, in spite of himself.

This was amusing, at least, so he really had nothing to complain about.

Familiar Gaian

Guildhall Ward
Travelling to Noodle Shop

Travelling, what he could only assume was North -- bah, hell with it, he had no idea where he was or where he was going -- the Thief continued down the street, going to the right from exiting his alleyway. He made sure to get a couple of good glances in at the large factory he was passing. Just because it didn't pertain to him now, didn't mean it wouldn't be of use in the future. As far as he knew, this was his only landmark. Speaking of.. it did stand pretty tall. Perhaps when he sobered up..

After about five minutes of travel, he already found himself outside of some sort of noodle shop. There wasn't a tremendous crowd, but there was certainly enough that he might overhear some chatter or find a way to get a cup of hot tea to drain his system out. It usually did the trick for him. The man looked about only for a moment before proceeding to the shop..

Aged Gaian

The Egotist

"Subtle." He gave a slight nod of acknowledgement to the driver, even as he muttered sarcastically under his breath. He might not be all that well known around here, but still, wouldn't a more plain pickup have been a little wiser?

He supposed it didn't matter. As he sat lazily in the carriage, he lit up a fresh smoke with a word of magic, taking a drag. He couldn't help but smirk a little, in spite of himself.

This was amusing, at least, so he really had nothing to complain about.

The GUildhall Ward > Ladies Ward

The 12 controlled everything in the city by way of coin, they had no need for subtlety because they had never known challenged. Inside the carriage was a posh and comfortable interior filled with cushions of soft satin. The interior seemed much larger on the inside than it did on the outside, perhaps James would understand the supernatural workings that caused this effect. Anyway, the killer would have the option of spreading out and getting comfortable if he wished. However, there was music within the cabin and perhaps it would not be to his liking.

arrow The Market Ward--The Adolescent of New Changes

The Adolescent stood at the mouth of the Market Ward, paused as she looked around. She opened her book, looking at the man, smiling and reaching out to touch him on the shoulder this time. For a faint second, where they made contact turned black. The man started to breath first slowly and then it seemed to escalate. All these people...All these things...all of them so different! He could hardly believe his eyes! He started to scream, running through the Market Ward and dropping his empty sack. As he ran through, he made impact with others as he did who paused and did the same thing. The screams started to escalate and the panic started.

"These aliens! I can't take it! Get off our planet! We don't need anymore!"A human shouted angrily at a pair of aliens that looked like large jellyfish.

"ELVES! ELVES! How can they stay so young forever?! I grow so old..I can't take it! Kill them, kill them!"An elderly man wept. "Kill them so I may live!"

"Shoes?! Shoes?! I love my old ones but all these new ones!? I can't make up my mind! I want them all but I want to keep my old ones! Travesty! Travesty!"A woman screamed as she ran around, bumping into more people as she ran from stall to stall. As each person made contact, the spots stained black for a moment and disappeared. The Adolescent looked down at her book that at first was blank and now was starting to fill up with pictures much like mugshots in a yearbook. Each had a name and their worst fears about the newest things that were constantly changing. She smiled, looking up.

"Ah...ha ha...Such wondrous things. Like fairytale castles and magic forests...And shoes."The Adolescent sighed as she continued through. As the got closer to the crowds, the violence around her started to grow more intense. The woman who was looking at shoes was trying to maul an old man with a high heel, beating his skull in while he was trying to pull the hair out of the skull of another elvish woman who cried and screamed.

Everyone attacking each other...Each spreading just her simple touch further and further around. A child went screaming with a toy train that was broken and bloody with bits of hair matted in the train tires. Such a wondrous display...And there would be more coming she knew. When such wondrous acts occurred, more were to come to investigate...Such was the curiosity of look at such new spectacles...

Distinct Lunatic

-Guildhall Ward-

Taking a long slurp inward, D`nall sucked one long noodle into her mouth, the spiciness of it burning her lips ever so slightly, though really she didn't mind, Pixies had a high threshold for heat, though that's not to say you can just go around setting them on fire.

Hearing the old man address her annoyed D`nall, she hated being bothered as she ate, it was one of her pet peeves, right there between loud car alarms, and people who push dogs around in baby carriages, you're guess as to which goes where.

Glancing over at the old man with annoyance in her pink eyes, D`nall looked him up and down before making one statement, "Who're you?" She asked, having honestly forgotten the man in the several weeks since their meeting, or however long it had been.

D`nall as most knew rarely remembered those who didn't interest her for long, something which often got her in trouble at work, and several bars she had been repeatedly kicked out of. It had nothing to do with the strength of her memory, D`nall's interest in others was just so low she rarely bothered remembering most of them.

Taking in his next statement with near boredom, D`nall sniffed in greatly before responding, "I don't do old structures, the dust and decay are horrible on my lungs." She said before turning back to her soup. All the same she still glanced at the strange clothed man out of the corner of her eye.

Dapper Genius

Tresondros Ecstuffuan

{{OOC: Okay, now you're just screwing with me. Very funny, Tres.}}

It wouldn't be such a bad place to relax, if it weren't for the teeth-grindingly annoying music. Couldn't they show a little class, and play something like Classical, or Jazz? Or maybe some pounding rock song, to get him pumped for the possible killing in his future. But not this crap.

Oh, well. He was too prideful to harass the driver to change it, so he merely closed his eyes, drowning it out as he smoked. Instead, he turned his focus to the more pressing matter...

What were his prospective employers expecting him to do? He didn't have enough information to know, but he could still wonder.

Aged Gaian

Lady Gilaen

Lovi half expected to hear something like, We're conquering the Lady's Ward today. Where the hell are you?, but dinner sounded somewhat better given the current circumstances.

"Sure," she said, "Where are we going?"

Although it was somewhat downsized, the Market Ward was still an enormous area, and a bit too vague to simply show up and find one another. The bleeping sound persisted, and Lovi tapped her finger hastily on the side of the phone impatiently.

"Think quick," she added, "This thing is about to die on me."

The Hive

The time for conquest was soon upon them yet right now, the psion was not ready to contend in a battle where he was comfortable. This was going to be war and for all the battles the psion has fought, he as inexperienced in such a large conflict. Though he would never admit it, the psion didn't know what he was doing and was playing it by ear. Like always though, Tres was confident in his ability to do what he intended.

"I don't know. I'm broke but I'm sure we can find something if we look. Just wait by the Nine Swords and I'll meet you outside."

Tres walked outside of his pyramid and there, his mount waited for him.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tres said as he hoped on the back of a massive construct that had the shape of an eight legged horse. The construct like all of Tres's astral construct's appeared to be made of semi-translucent crystal of a milky white color. The huge beast eyes glowed with psionic power yet it made no sound, as it was not created for such a purpose. The psion had named the huge beast sleipner. It weighed about 4000 pounds and could move at speeds of 200 miles per hour but with heightened maneuverability. The beast was just taller than Tres and required that Tres climb upon it. As soon as Tres touched the beast, they formed a telepathic connection.

Tres's giant mount then burst forward with him upon it from his secret pyramid hidden among the rubble of the Hive, heading through the winding and uneven terrain with unnatural ease.

Lonely Hellhound

12,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
The Nine Swords.

Staring slack jawed at the man across from her as he told her what happened, and gave a brief description of what the creatures were. Now having travelled around gaia for a number of years she had seen a great many things...But these particular people she had not, and merely thinking about how they came to be like that made the woman feel more than a little ill.

"Wait...Who would want to do something so horrible to a person!"

Jay had always been curious, it was pretty much why she was constantly finding herself in troublesome situations. But it also kept her informed, any information regarding anything was worth hearing, you just never knew when it would come in handy...Example being now, she knew not to go anywhere near empty buildings lest she come across those horrid things.

The waitress arrived with their food and drink, skittles standing up and bouncing about with joy as the plate of meat was set on the table. The woman chuckled at her pet while taking a sip of whiskey. Selecting a chunk of nice roasted beef she would look at Skittles, "Heel." The Griffin immediately took a seat at her side, leaning a little against her leg while staring up at the meat she held with those piercing golden eyes.
Jay was satisfied with this and handed him the meat, which he would then place on the ground, laying at her feet while happily consuming the delicious treat.

The conversation had taken a slight turn though, since he stated casually that he was looking for a weapons dealer...Why was it she always happened to find these people, although it was her who offered to help Tres...But even so she still had her own personal weapons cache, but it was back in Durem, which was obviously too far to travel at such a time.

But maybe she could still help him, after all she of all people could find weapons...And it would be a great opportunity to go shopping in the market again.
Then he happened to ask about her reasons for being here? What was she supposed to say, 'oh um you know helping with a revolution, because I just happened to need to dispose of a mass amount of stolen weaponry, just the usual.' Instead she would just say the most common answer any woman could give.

"I came here for a break, you know shopping, drinking, just a bit of down time away from home."

Giving him a somewhat confident smile, believing she was oh so believable with that little lie.

"Tell ya' what, I am heading to the market soon, I know for a fact there are weapons shops there...And I need to get some armour for Skittles. Why don't you come with me? I don't know my way around most of Sigil, but I have been to the market ward a few times."

Picking up the warm cloth she tossed it at him.

"Just thought you might want to clean up a bit."

This was said with a sly smile since more than a few people had stared at the man with a suspicious expression. She guessed even here in Sigil the sight of someone with blood on them was not liked, Jay having been used to this, since everywhere she went back home there was always someone wiping blood off them. Probably why she had no problem taking the man's offer to talk over a drink.

"The name is Jay too by the way, yours is?"

This was probably a little odd, since names were normally exchanged upon meeting, rather than halfway through a conversation. Dipping some of the fresh baked bread into the soup before taking a hearty mouth full to chew and swallow. It had been pretty much a whole day since she had eaten, only realising it as her stomach growled the moment the food entered her mouth.
Finishing it with a satisfied hum and tossing a few more chunks of meat down to Skittles who had finished his first.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
James Eredas retired to the Ladies Ward.

His hotel was located there after all, and the handsome, oriental man was obviously no bottom-feeder from the way he carried himself and from his fine armor and arms, so he went unharassed by the elitist inhabitants of that Ward.

Choosing to stop by his favorite park, James took a moment to relax and mentally prepare for the tedious and taxing process that he would have to undergo soon.

Although the daemonslayer was no true mage, he could invoke spells from his Tome. While about half of the book was like a journal, the rest of it was a collection of arcane knowledge, powerful secrets, and dark truths, as well as many ancient spells, bound and activated by by that simplest source of magic.

Blood.

To add new spells to replenish the ones used required unique preparation, and for all of the expensive regents James obtained, he could only add one page, a spell for creation of a temporary defensive barrier of magic. More needed time, the resources, and security, or a a powerful mage, all which James didn't have.

Truly knowledge was power. Every Eredas champion since the start had carried a Tome and guarded it with their life, recording their experiences and all they had learned over the course of their lives. In the end, James's Tome, while an impressive collection, would always pale in comparison to the Great Library it would eventually be filed away in, a vast repository where only the strongest of wills, and purest of hearts could ever enter and leave intact.
arrow The Hive--The Child of Childish Fears

The Child still skipped all the way through the Market Ward but was careful to touch no one and made her way to the Hive as fast as her little legs carried her. She made a few 'Oopsie Daisies' as she got toward the end of the Market Ward. She would stop, look at them and then look at her doll as the grown men and women she bumped into started to sob like small children, rocking back and forth.

"Don't put me in the water barrel again, big brother! I'm afraid!"

"No! No I'm afraid of the pig's pen! They'll eat me, Daddy!"

The Child looked at them, looking at the doll. The doll started to change a bit, this time having bead eyes and a mouth with horse's hair for hair. She had a little single piece of cloth that acted like a dress. Looking down at herself, her hair had grown thicker and slightly more curly. Her ragged dress had turned into a dark grey peasant skirt with a dirty white blouse and a bonnet on her head. Smiling, she bounced up and down, starting to run further toward the Hive. There was a small encampment of thieves that looked at her, smirking. "Hey little Girl...Got something for us?"One said, brandishing his sword.

The Child of Fears looked up at him, moving forward and just smiling radiantly despite her dirty, ragged appearance. "High Five for the Hive!"She said, the grown man stunned as she basically smacked his out stretched hand like it was nothing then moved on. He growled, about to whip around with his sword when he started to cry. He breathed heavily, crumpling and whining. "No...No father don't beat me! It was Boris that's done it! He stole the apple from the Market!"He whined pathetically.

The little girl giggled, moving on. The men, seeing what she could do, started to scramble away from her, screaming until she caught one of them just to see what new changes it would bring to her form. When it only changed the doll's hair to gray and cleaned up the dirt a little, she frowned. "Come back here! I want to find out what she does!"She said as she ran after them, giggling and laughing without a care of what she had done to them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff