Welcome to Gaia! ::

High-functioning Lunatic

arrow The Poisoned Swan

A flash.

Her green eyes fluttered in confusion before regaining normal vision. However, her sight was without Edward in it. A cold rush of blood shot through her veins causing her to panic. But before she could voice her shock, his hand cupped over her mouth, making her calm down somewhat. For a moment, she thought that he had left her. And for a moment, she was scared he wouldn't come back. In the instant, a rushed looking Tres barreled past the two, which could only have meant one thing. Lovi must have been in there, in trouble. The putrid colored smoke started to permeate all about the guild. But not quite to the front door.

"Wait!" The Songstress reach out, grabbing Edward's arm before giving a mighty tug. She tried her best to pull him to her. "Wait wait, Ed don't go in there. Please don't." She shook her head, as her mind pieced things together. "Tres was in such a hurry-- I-I don't think it was a normal bomb."

Charisma looked down a bit, a frown tugging at her lips.

"We were too late Edward.."

Just Naota

Lady Gilaen
arrow Guildhall Ward, The Dark Swan

The cyberpunk began approaching the office when Charisma ftook hold of his arm, and attempted to dissuade him from moving forward. He didn't need her to. Edward's eyes went wider by a significant degree, beginning to retreat from the spreading gas while another flash of light revealed his form once more. Simultaneously, the detective's electro-lungs stopped making in-takes of air (as Ed began holding his breath) and relied on his reserves of oxygen instead.

Without speaking a word, not breathing meant he couldn't, Edward gripped the Songstress back and made a beeline for the exit. He saw Tres go in after whomever had been left behind, but the cyberpunk certainly wasn't that brave. Or stupid. Both things could be deemed nearly interchangeable at times. The pair made it outside, granted Charisma followed in the first place, in short order and Ed turned to watch the events unfold. He wouldn't follow after Tres but he would wait until the psion came out. In the meantime, the punk texted his Changeling ally and asked for a delivery of a gas mask and protective magicks. Edward would go in if he was protected and there was no one else. However, it soon became unecessary as Tres exited the building with Lovi in tow before rushing back into the gas.

Edward kneeled over Lovi's unconcious form and set about checking her pulse. And when Tres finally exited the building, with two more girls, and finally succumbed the gas himself. The cyborg went around checking their vitals as well.

"Call an ambulance!"

High-functioning Lunatic

arrow Guildhall Ward, The Dark Swan

Charisma looked on in awe as Tres pulled out the girls and Lovi out of the guild before he too was shut down by the gas. These people were apart of her family, the only family she had, and now they laid on the ground motionless. Heavy tears began to blot her vision as her hand covered her quivering lips. Could they really be dying? Charisma had felt this dread before, the day she lost her lover in battle where all she could do was sit and watch. It was happening all over again, but this time - she had Edward by her side. Reaching for her cellphone, she nimbly dialed 911.

"Please hurry to The Dark Swan!" Her voice wavered. "There's four people here! Two of them are in really bad shape! Someone broke in a-and there's poison!" Sniffling in, the tears began to sting her eyes as she wiped them away. The Song Bird had been trying her hardest to hold it all in. Stay rational, but in the face of losing what was precious to her all over again. The little bird finally broke. "PLEASE HURRY."

Upon hearing the operator's voice confirming her plea, Charisma ended the call before kneeling down besides her friends, sobbing. She didn't care if anyone saw her like this now. She could only stand so tall and be so proud for so long. This is what she wanted to get away from, all this pain and anguish. Why did tragedy follow her? Hadn't she lost enough? Hesitantly, Chari reached towards Lovi, her hand shaking as she tried to shift a few strands of the woman's hair. But she stopped herself, she treated Lovi like she was made of porcelain, afraid she might crumble at the slightest touch. The woman might have once been strong, but now her life stood in the balance along with the others. Pushing herself away from her friend, Charisma simply sat there with her head in her hands, her long hair obscuring her face as she curled her back. She was silent now, only the messy sound of her breathing and hiccups could be heard from her. Her body trembled.

'Please let them live'

She prayed.

'Please please.. '

The faint sound of sirens brought promise, however they were so far away.

"Everything.." She sobbed as she began to speak softly. Charisma didn't expect him to listen. "I've lost everything that I had. it has to be me. I have to be the reason... Everywhere I go I bring this--jinx. Everyone I care for is plagued by my bad luck. I mean look at me! I try to turn over a new leaf! And look at what's happened! Everyone is dying!"

Slowly, she began to lower her hands to her lap, her head shaking from side to side.

"I've lost Lance...My parents -- now I might lose my family here.. I can't start all over again, I just can't. I can't do it again..."

Lifting her head, she let her eyes focus on Edward whether he was paying attention or listening, or not. Their time knowing each other was a short one. But he had given her a taste of how it felt to like someone again, to feel wanted or be paid mind. He was the boulder in a rushing current, her last stronghold.

"You're all that I have left Edward.." Her face contorted a bit as her lips quivered once more, her eyes already swelling from crying. "You are.. It..."

Just Naota
The Hive - Infested Area

KB and Hono's conversation would be cut off by a rather stoic tone indicating an incoming call. The vampire fished his phone out of the inner pocket of his coat and answered it, holding it near his masked face. The voice on the other end could be heard, but overall the conversation was brief. It basically amounted to KB being informed of the ambulance dispatch to the Dark Swan.

"Strange." He commented as he put it away, looking in the direction of the brothel. It didn't make much sense to him for his targets to wait so long in order to finally carry out his command. The thought that it might be a trick of course crossed his mind, but the paramedics would soon verify one way or another who ( if anyone ) was injured by the message. He narrowed his eyes, though outside observers would see only that implacable mask. There were a few moments of thoughtful quiet before the sound of a heavy pistol added to the background noise of the distant battles. His attention turned to the sound of the gunfire, causing him to sigh.

Krausse Kreugar
[The Hive]

"-UUUUUUUUUUUUU.... Goddamnit."

Frank crossed his arms and spit on the ground. He strolled by burnt out buildings and ravaged corpses, oblivious, muttering to himself in French, staring at the pavement. His wake call came in tripping over a corpse, blinking several times, and realizing that he had stumbled into a literal war zone. Countless zombies roamed through the streets in front of him, ripping asunder innocents and feasting on their flesh.

"Oh. Oh. ******** you, Krausse. ******** you, so, so much."

When a single, somewhat armed man is faced with an enormous zombie horde, he has but one choice: run.

As zombies caught Frank's scent, the Frenchman retaliated with sparse fire from a heavy pistol, and ran the hell away.

"It seems as though there are still a few pockets of resistance in the immediate area. If you would like to make yourself useful you can start by silencing whoever is responsible." KB offered to Hono, though his tone held an edge of expectancy. It was almost as if he were giving her an order and leaving it open to consideration only as a tactful gesture. "Whether you kill them or use your other considerable talents I'll leave to your discretion." He gestured with a hand to her outfit before turning and walking away from her, clearly done with the conversation. He had more important things to do than personally hunt down intrepid zombie slayer.

Of course, the zombies trying to eat the guy would be eating bullets instead. The same corpses that threatened to trip him up were slowing them down as well. One interesting thing was the fact that headshots didn't seem to slow them down. It was a harrowing factor offset only by the fact that their victims seemed inanimate when not attended to by one of the roaming necromancers. Whatever the source of their zombification it was clearly not seated in the formerly active brain.
"Call an ambulance!"

Mr. Black Hair stood stolidly outside the poisoned Dark Swan. His black cowl shrouded almost his entire being.

He glanced between Edward and his lover, at the door to the brothel.

"Anyone mind telling me what the hell's going on here?"

Wicked Healer

18,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
o KB o
The Hive - Infested Area

Krausse Kreugar
[The Hive]

"-UUUUUUUUUUUUU.... Goddamnit."

Frank crossed his arms and spit on the ground. He strolled by burnt out buildings and ravaged corpses, oblivious, muttering to himself in French, staring at the pavement. His wake call came in tripping over a corpse, blinking several times, and realizing that he had stumbled into a literal war zone. Countless zombies roamed through the streets in front of him, ripping asunder innocents and feasting on their flesh.

"Oh. Oh. ******** you, Krausse. ******** you, so, so much."

When a single, somewhat armed man is faced with an enormous zombie horde, he has but one choice: run.

As zombies caught Frank's scent, the Frenchman retaliated with sparse fire from a heavy pistol, and ran the hell away.

"It seems as though there are still a few pockets of resistance in the immediate area. If you would like to make yourself useful you can start by silencing whoever is responsible." KB offered to Hono, though his tone held an edge of expectancy. It was almost as if he were giving her an order and leaving it open to consideration only as a tactful gesture. "Whether you kill them or use your other considerable talents I'll leave to your discretion." He gestured with a hand to her outfit before turning and walking away from her, clearly done with the conversation. He had more important things to do than personally hunt down intrepid zombie slayer.

Of course, the zombies trying to eat the guy would be eating bullets instead. The same corpses that threatened to trip him up were slowing them down as well. One interesting thing was the fact that headshots didn't seem to slow them down. It was a harrowing factor offset only by the fact that their victims seemed inanimate when not attended to by one of the roaming necromancers. Whatever the source of their zombification it was clearly not seated in the formerly active brain.

Hono'o raised one eyebrow at the tone of command in KB's voice... he obviously didn't realize that she was very, very bad at taking orders... but she was bored and the sooner they got his little war over the sooner they could look for Sunstrike... and it was that last point that had Raven turn on her heel and head off in the direction of the shots.

"Just remember that you gave me a choice... and therefore you have no right to b***h about my methods later my dear KB." Raven said with a smile over her shoulder as she snagged the shadow of a nearby zombie.

The dark outline of the man separated from the shambling dead at the silent call of Nocturne's Priestess, moving to stand beside her in a manner that was very unlike a shadow... for a moment it even seemed to have dull purple eyes in it's inky black head. "Lead me to our new friend... we need to have a little chat about dealing with the undead."

The instructions were not needed, the shadow knew what she wanted the moment that she tore it away from the body it had been attached to, but it waited patiently for her to say what she wanted before it melted back to the ground and sped off towards where the shots had come from, the woman in her silly school girl outfit skipping along in it's wake.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Terrance Vanguard

User ImageIt took a while, but there was actually a working prototype. At least that’s why his fellow scientist said. “So what should I be worried about?” Said the male with a strained voice, they managed to wake him up very early to announce it.

His eyes locked to a lowly scientist he called Stanley, this scientist looked like your normal anime styled scientist. Pasty skin, very feminine features, coke bottle glasses, and his hair a dark brown shade. “Well there’s nothing programmed into it, for we cannot forge the programming that the Militlia made, Also it’s going to be a while before you can transform into Steel Liger.”[/color] The Scientist said with a Stern nod.

“Allright, take yourselves a break, I think I can work on it from here…” Said Terrance staring down at the morpher. It was still a watch but it was certainly sleeker. The Red design was now more circular in shape, its screen was slightly bigger, and more of the screen actually existed. He looked at the piece of hardware. He was still thinking to himself of his mental readiness, he still was not sure on if this was a smart idea or not.

His brain raked back to the moment of KB slamming the hatchet down on his shoulder blade. He recalled his blood curling scream. His eyes closed and his breath harshened. His fist however clenched tightly at the reminder, he knew what he wanted now. He wanted to get KB back for what he done, regardless of how and why. He would grab the watch and latch it back onto the wrist of his metallic arm. A line of electrical current began to draw down the arm, giving it randomly drawn lines of Neon glow.

He looked at the clock on his watch, along with a timer that was under it.

Twenty Hours, until full power

HonoRaven
o KB o

Sickly fluids and rotted brain splattered across walls and pavement in response to the bark of each pistol shot, but the zombies shambled on. After the third head shot, Frank adjusted his strategy, and sent shards of flesh and patella flying. Several one-legged zombies began to crawl after the gunman, determined to devour him.

When the zombies were mired down by having to stumble and trip over the corpses they'd left in the narrow street, Frank stopped returning fire. He drew a grenade from inside of his jacket, primed it, and threw it into the midst of the group. The fire, shrapnel, and force of the explosion consumed the living dead, and plastered chunks of dessicated flesh onto the background. Frank's legs pumped like pistons, carrying him away from the scene of the explosion.

After creating a maze of his twists and turns through the streets and alleys of the Hive, Frank leaned against the wall of a boarded up building. His hands shook, his heart pounded, and he thought his head was going to explode.

"********! I ******** HATE SIGIL!"

A slumped over woman's corpse was next to Frank, swarmed by fries. There was a worn shotgun in the fat lady's hands, and with effort, Frank pried it and looked it over. It was almost full.

"Last time I'm here, people are ******** eating each other in the street, and I spark a god-damn popular revolt, and I get shot up..."

Frank looked past the corner. Some of the zombies had caught up with him, and not far behind them, there was a schoolgirl, most likely some sort of supernatural goddess of some kind.

"And now the schoolgirl queen of ******** zombies is on a rampage, and I'm going to have to kill her. ******** this place."

When the first line of zombies came into range, Frank dipped out of the corner and sent a pair tumbling with a shotgun blast to their legs. He turned and ran again, seeking a new spot of cover.

-----

Status: Uninjured. Adrenaline-rushed. Armed with an empty .45 pistol, a mostly full shotgun, and two daggers.

Wicked Healer

18,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Krausse ********! I ******** HATE SIGIL!"

A slumped over woman's corpse was next to Frank, swarmed by fries. There was a worn shotgun in the fat lady's hands, and with effort, Frank pried it and looked it over. It was almost full.

"Last time I'm here, people are ******** eating each other in the street, and I spark a god-damn popular revolt, and I get shot up..."

Frank looked past the corner. Some of the zombies had caught up with him, and not far behind them, there was a schoolgirl, most likely some sort of supernatural goddess of some kind.

"And now the schoolgirl queen of ******** zombies is on a rampage, and I'm going to have to kill her. ******** this place."

When the first line of zombies came into range, Frank dipped out of the corner and sent a pair tumbling with a shotgun blast to their legs. He turned and ran again, seeking a new spot of cover.

-----

Status: Uninjured. Adrenaline-rushed. Armed with an empty .45 pistol, a mostly full shotgun, and two daggers. [/quote]

Ah, there was the unlucky soul... but perhaps his luck was not as bad as he thought, for she had warned KB.

Humming pleasantly under her breath Rae gleefully set a line of zombies on fire with a wave of her hand, managing to note the man ducking around the corner. KB may have wanted to rule Sigil... or at least kill everyone that his army came across, but Raven was technically still an active member of the GSF, and her superiors tended to look down on their medic slaughtering innocent people xp ... and she had only offered to speed his little party along, not to help him win.

"I could be wrong, but I don't think that road leads out of town Sir!" Rae yelled out to the retreating man. Now there was a good chance that she would burn down a large portion of the Hive along with the zombies that happened to stand between herself and the people that she was supposed to get out of KB's way... but it wasn't her home town, and Hono's morals were not so confining as to make her give a damn about property loss blaugh "I could help you get out... as long as you promise not to try and shoot me... I really dislike guns." :s
6iilabkz:0="Krausse ********! I ******** HATE SIGIL!"

-----

Status: Uninjured. Adrenaline-rushed. Armed with an empty .45 pistol, a mostly full shotgun, and two daggers. [/quote]

Ah, there was the unlucky soul... but perhaps his luck was not as bad as he thought, for she had warned KB.

Humming pleasantly under her breath Rae gleefully set a line of zombies on fire with a wave of her hand, managing to note the man ducking around the corner. KB may have wanted to rule Sigil... or at least kill everyone that his army came across, but Raven was technically still an active member of the GSF, and her superiors tended to look down on their medic slaughtering innocent people xp ... and she had only offered to speed his little party along, not to help him win.

"[color=darkred][size=18]I could be wrong, but I don't think that road leads out of town Sir![/size][/color]" Rae yelled out to the retreating man. Now there was a good chance that she would burn down a large portion of the Hive along with the zombies that happened to stand between herself and the people that she was supposed to get out of KB's way... but it wasn't her home town, and Hono's morals were not so confining as to make her give a damn about property loss blaugh "[color=darkred][size=18]I could help you get out... as long as you promise not to try and shoot me...[/size] I really dislike guns.[/color]" stare
HonoRaven

[The Hive]

A couch outside of an apartment complex made Frank's next hiding spot. Someone had tried to move in right before the zombies struck, and they probably wouldn't mind any damage the couch suffered. He peeked out over the couch to see flaming zombies and the schoolgirl.

"I'm not trying to get out."

Not entirely true, but Krausse wouldn't have sent Frank to Sigil without a good reason. The Crimson King wasn't as crazy as he seemed.

"But I would like to know what is going on. I promise not to shoot if you tell me."

Still not entirely true, but Frank wasn't about to burden his conscious with another face without good reason.

Wicked Healer

18,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Krausse Kreugar
[The Hive]
"I'm not trying to get out."

Not entirely true, but Krausse wouldn't have sent Frank to Sigil without a good reason. The Crimson King wasn't as crazy as he seemed.

"But I would like to know what is going on. I promise not to shoot if you tell me."

Still not entirely true, but Frank wasn't about to burden his conscious with another face without good reason.

"You should be... " Rae laughed a bit as she reached through the flames to tip one zombie over, the shadow that she had stolen rising up between the apparently childish woman and Frank with his guns as a silent protector.

"I'm not sure really what is going on.. I just popped in to talk to a former coworker and found this interesting little party. I do know that the city is in for trouble though, and you really should find someplace safe to either hunker down, or get the hell out while the getting is good." She laughed again as a pair of flaming zombies crashed into eachother and fell down. She really liked watching things burn 4laugh
HonoRaven
Krausse Kreugar

"Well, then."

Frank shouldered the shotgun, and looked around awkwardly. He coughed into his hand.

"You're a little bit ******** in the head, so I'm going to be leaving now."

The gunman walked off.

Wicked Healer

18,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Krausse Kreugar
"You're a little bit ******** in the head, so I'm going to be leaving now."

stare "You have no idea.... but are you sure you don't want to get out of town?" She wasn't acting the bird brain all of a sudden, turning away from her little game of 'walking torches' to stare after Frank with chaotic orange eyes.

"KB wanted you out of his hair... and he is liable to be annoying if I don't manage to accomplish that one little task."

Lonely Scamp

Fierach
Sigil: Market Ward: Hidemistu's Smithy

James knocked gently on the door to the swordsmith' shop.

It had been a while, but now he had returned back to Sigil. Always a busy man, even his arrival back was a matter of business. He had acquired the materials the swordsmith required to forge him a new sword.

The appropriate sort of steel of varying hardness and softness for use in weapons. This was difficult to get. The sort of quality James had been looking for meant that steel from the dwarves or elves were his best bet. Although dwarven merchants or goods were relatively easy to find, the raw materials weren't. Steel from the aloof elvish was even harder to get a hold of. At any rate, he had both dwarven steel and more traditional tamahagane.

High quality charcoal that burned extra hot, used by his own clan's smiths. This wasn't difficult to get, although some of his extended family members were slightly miffed that James went to an outsider for weapons. All the same, the flames this charcoal produced lent well to imbuing a forged weapon with magical properties.

A pouch containing a fine, ground-up red powder. Originally a brillant ruby-red crystal attuned to the element of fire, it was taken from the depths of the volcano on the Black Sand island. The powerful leylines that ran beneath the Black Sand island gave rise to many strange and wonderous things hidden away on the island, the field of volcanic crystals being one of them. It was a dangerous climb, but nothing he couldn't handle in the end, and he took merely one specimen to preserve the natural harmony of things.

"Hello?" the slayer asked inquiringly. Hopefully Hidemitsu was in. Dressed today in more casual clothes, there'd be no repeat of the last greeting.

The Duke of Id

"The door's open!" came an echo from within the shop behind the closed door. It was obviously Hidemitsu, though James wouldn't be sure where the voice was coming from until he walked inside.

Unlike James' manner of dress, Hidemitsu was pretty much the same as their last meeting, dressed in his sooty work clothes in spite of the fact that he was clearly relaxing on the floor of his living quarters. It wasn't very often that Hidemitsu had visitors, and when he did he was usually in the middle of his downtime. It didn't really do him much justice as a smith to appear so lazy, but he liked to think that his work spoke for itself. He considered himself an artist first and foremost, and art could not be rushed.

"Well, now," he'd say once James walked into the shop. "Long time no see. Mr. Eredas, wasn't it?" The smith sat up, putting on his glasses and brushing a few stray hairs from his face. His bandana could only hold so much when there was so much hair to manage. His eyes trailed to the package of materials James had brought with him.

"I guess you've completed my little shopping list, huh?" said Hidemitsu. "Good thing, too. 'Was starting to get a little boring down here in the Market Ward. Please, have a seat."

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
Tenkai Matsumoto

James nodded at "Mr. Eredas".

"Thank you," he replied, taking an open chair nearby, and placing the package of materials on a free table, "I'd be content to take some of that boredom off your hands for myself then" the slayer added lightly. No doubt he'd been busy in some fashion or the other, although he'd leave that up to the smith's imagination.

"Have you been well since my last visit?" he inquired politely. It seemed like there was always something going on in Sigil. Just like everywhere else in Gaia.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff