Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gaian

Desirable Genius

Trexasle

Julia finished patching him up, slipping an oxygen mask over his face after some digging. He would need it for a while until his breathing didn't sound so rattly and his coughing eased. She would sit on the bed with him, petting back some of his dreads that looked like they had seen a number as well. Tilly had managed to help a little by bringing some warm water and a cloth so Julia could clean up some of the blood from off of his face and chest to see if there were any more injuries that needed tending. "I have to. Not punishing her wouldn't be right either...she didn't do her job."She said, shaking her head. Tilly stood off to the side anxiously, looking a the briefcase then back to them.

Though, she nodded and ducked out of the infirmary as quickly as she could, most likely, to seek a place of refuge away from Julia for now. Julia watched her run, frowning and looking back to him as she worked on wiping him down. "Do you need anything? Water? Pain medicine?"

Devoted Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
arrow The Market Ward

Vivi West had spent her night smoking and thinking. It didn't take long for her to return back home though. Dispite how much she wanted to leave her parents small apartment, everyday she kept coming back. She wouldn't be home for long though. Maybe in a day or two she would be able to move out.

Vivi entered her appartment/family home and kicked off her shoes. It was dark, everyone was already asleep. Slowly and quietly as she could, she pulled off her leather jacket and hung it up. Then, just as carefully, she made her way to the living room and the couch. All she had to do was make it to the couch before anyone heard her.

Her foot bumped the coffee table hard and she winched, grabbing her fot and biting down on her lip to hide the sound. But it wasn't quick enough. The light flipped on and her sister looked over at her from across the room. She was her sister in the losest sense. Thara was adopted, but she was the closest thing to a real sister that Vivi had in her familly full of boys.

"Your home late," Thara said, hands reaching towards her cane and sitting up better. "You weren't out shoping were you?'

Vivi shook her head, and sat down on the couch. "No, I was just out job hunting." She rubbed her feet, and nodded slightly.

"Then you do plan on going through with moving out?"

"Yes. Give mom and dad one less mouth to feed and I can do what I want to do." She looked around the room and nodded. "Now come on. We both need to sleep. Who knows how early mom plans on waking you up. And I want to be out searching again early.
Thara nodded and turned off the light. It didn't take long for Vivi to hear her breathing calm down, and she relaxed better on the couch. She needed only three hours of sleep to be back up to working order, so she closed her eyes and let herself drift off to sleep.

Early in the morning, before anyone was awake, Vivi took a quick shower and got dressed. She threw on a black shirt, a plaid jacket and heavy jeans. Grabbing her purse, she headed her way out the door. She looked once at Thara before she left and then headed out to the street.

It was back down to the Market Ward for her. She was going to continue to look for a job. She had enough money saved up to buy a small house and live for a while in comfort. But she needed a job. And she would find one.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Terrance Vanguard

User ImageHis breathing relaxed slightly when she was finally able to slip the oxygen mask on his face. His eyes were half closed, mostly because he attempted to get the light of the room out of his eyes. Meanwhile, his mechanical arm was taking liberties with it's form, going absolutely batshit and forming into many different shapes. It looked like a bizzaire form of putty just sitting there and forming into so many different things. and It wasn't just that. his whole body was doing it, specifically the pieces that were gnawed off of his persons.

""I-I'm fine..." He said when she requested if he needed anything more. He justed wanted to shrink down and forget the whole ordeal. He was afraid, he had only narrowly escaped death and it wasn't even for his ordeal. He cared so much about protecting the others, other people that he barely even know. He was starting to question if that was the right thing to do or not.

"I was the one who rushed in, I wasn't careful It wasn't like she didn't try to help." He kept silent after saying that, feeling that it would go through regardless of what he spoke. He could see she was stubborn about punishment, just as she was about her choice in men. He chuckled for a second to himself after remembering such a weird thing, also remembering something else.

"So...the Mob eh?" He said. His laugh however was heavily stopped by his shortness of breath and the pain that shot through his neck.

Desirable Genius

Trexasle

Julia raised an eyebrow, having paused from cleaning him up and looked to him with a bit of an amused smile. "Either Tilly was running her mouth or you've been asking too many questions."Julia said as she soaked the rag again, continuing to wipe up some of the blood off. However, she paused and sighed. There would be more explaining to come.

"I was a mob boss's daughter. Had to learn to do the job and get my hands dirty...So I had my hands in doing some pretty underhanded things, including high level assassinations."Julia said as she put the cloth back in the bowl, grabbing a dry one and drying him off with little pats as to not be too aggressive against his already warping skin. "The mob's majority of workers were nymphs, elves, humans...My father was human, my mother a nymph so that's the miraculous conception of Julia Scarlet."She said as she pat dry his face gently.

Aged Lunatic

Lian Ikariyang

"I knew it. That baby screams 'a*****e' louder than any of the other children. Even Amantis is less of an a*****e even if Deaken was the one who sealed me in here in the first place. Ah ha ha ha, this is quite an exciting turn of events."Gwendolyn said, looking to Kalar with a smug expression.

Kalar raised her brows to her in disbelief. "If you think something like this is cause for excitement, you really do have to get out more often." The reflection gave Gwendolyn a smirk of his own, one that was chilling in the calm confidence that was held there.

Arkravis himself still remained calm at the movement. "Do not take this the wrong way Lady Re'yah," Arkravis would say coolly. "But your presence is a secondary concern. It was the intent, and consequence to Lian, that I cared for."

"That, and Maria had told him the likelihood of a divine presence after the Ball. I dare think it makes him feel nostalgic. He may not remember it, but we sired a goddess once. 'Gabby'."

"Either way, even if the kid knew everything, I would not have killed the babe. It was Lian's choice to keep it, and she had made that decision well before Maria had intervened."

"How sweet." Kalar stated, his tone indistinguishable between sincerity and sarcasm. "Unfortunately, Miss Goddess. You understand little of time. You speak of it in parts where for me there has never been anything but the whole. The only one who truly stands to lose in this exchange has already accepted his loss, even if he no longer comprehends the full extent of it. But what will be most interesting will be witnessing your impact in the events to come. For once, you will have a mortal view of the events to pass. And yes, it will be quite eventful in the future."

Kalar would look about to all concerned. "Now, is there anything else? In spite of the Goddess's presumptions, this will not be the last time we have the opportunity to speak again like this."

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Terrance Vanguard

User ImageTerrance said nothing, and alas just waited for her to continue wiping him off. Now he had nothing else to say, he was tired, yet couldn't go to sleep. His body just ached too much and his miund continued to wander into so many thoughts. He attempted to get up if only to check if he could. Sadly, his body did not register and he was forced to lay back down. His face broke into a frown his eyes closed and staring away toward the window.

He clenched his fist staring outside, he couldn't get the damned memories out of his mind. The man slowly torturing him to the point of no return. His hands hook horribly, how could he fail this miserably, what can he possibly do now sitting here? Gotten so close to the man, so close that he was able to stab at his stomach, however...

Tears began to spring from his face however, he wasn't sobbing, nor was he making alot of noise or sniffing. Just short streams of tears's barely noticeably unless somebody bothered to look at him and see.

High-functioning Lunatic

arrow Guildhall Ward, The Dark Swan

It finally seemed this fiasco was coming to a close. Charisma was busy paying attention to everything in the room, even Lovi's words seemed to slip off the song bird like water on feathers. She knew her Mistress was under a silly amount of stress, so why make it worse by retaliating? Instead, Charisma finally walked over to Edward, making sure to mind all the evidence. The Songstress wanted to heed the sleuth's words and not speak. Placing her hand on his non-cybernetic shoulder, she leaned down a bit.

"You can let Tres deal with him now, Edward. But I'll let you be to do what you need to do if you need some time alone or with Wigi here." Standing up, she looked to Tres and Wigi with a very light shrug, it's what she could offer at the moment. With a light sigh, she set her hand on his head once before snaking her way out of the room.

"I'll be around if you need me, guys."

And with that, Charisma was off to bathe once more and get a change of clothes for herself. It wasn't that she didn't feel unclean, but showering and soaking in the bathtub was one of the only ways she knew how to de-stress and relax. That and she was wearing yesterday's clothes.

Zeo Hiroboshi

Lady Gilaen

Just Naota

Tresondros Ecstuffuan

Lady Gilaen

Athrien Gothril

Desirable Genius

Tale Feather

Lian and the Goddess looked to Arkravis with bit of a narrow-eyed glare. It. Wren was not an it...even if Arkravis didn't know what Lian had been told. Lian adjusted the baby in her arms, sighing and looking down. This was not going well, the Goddess and Gwendolyn noticing the stress that, if continued, it would be the end. "You know nothing of me as I know little about you. Not all Gods and Goddesses are all seeing and all knowing beings...but I know who my child-like self will not grow to be even if she is a part of the whole."She said, waving him off. Like watching a pile of sand being swept away by the wind, she retreated back into her human form, Wren blinking and wriggling around.

Lian had to switch her so she was resting against her shoulder, facing away from the mirror. "No...I've heard enough...I think I may understand a little more about Alan's life to the point I pity the fact that he acts just like you and I know what may come to pass...but I also know this will be the last time I will speak to you myself. I will never want to associate with someone who would rather watch the world burn...Arkravis is not you."She shook her head, looking down and using her foot to nudge the wheelchair back. Lian was done. She had better things to do than to argue with someone else's shadow, a Goddess who she didn't know if she was toying with her hopes or not and a long dead mother who just simply wanted to dance on everyone's graves if she ever got out.

And she needed to speak to Arkravis alone.

Desirable Genius

Trexasle

Julia finished drying him off, but there was nothing she could do about his clothes or any part of him. She didn't want to jostle anything that might be broken. Of course, there was something already well broken in the little metal man. She brought her hand to his stomach, rubbing it thoughtfully before she got up, moving to his other side that wasn't so badly damaged, kicked off her shoes and moved to settled herself right next to him. Julia wrapped an arm about him, just lying there while being wary about his injuries. "Sshh...Try to get a little rest, sunshine...You'll feel a little better with a bit of rest."She cooed, rubbing her hand around his chest and his stomach. She could feel that he was bothered by the whole ordeal and it would be more than just a day to get over it.

Aged Lunatic

Arkravis caught the hint and began his approach towards the mirror again. But Kalar's eyes remained on Lian.

"The world always burns, Lian. The fire never dies and peace never exists while life endures. Only in watching the flames can you tell where the winds carry it. Do not lie to yourself in denying that you, or he both watch as well."

Arkravis silently touched his hand to the screen, as if by coincidence, Kalar had moved his left hand to touch the window as well, and the two were once again seen as identical. Arkravis's eyes in the mirror now, quiet, thoughtful, regretful. He stared at Lian for a long moment before turning his eyes to Gwendolyn.

"Thank you for the use of your space, M'lady." Arkravis would say politely as he placed his hand back into the glove. "I hope that my next visit to you will here be more pleasant."

Arkravis heard a chuckle in the back of his mind as Kalar, now again only heard by him, made a final, snaring comment.

"Oh no, child. There will not be one."

The revelation caused Arkravis to tilt his head in response to the comment, closing his eyes for a moment before throwing the sheet over the mirror again, turning to Lian remaining quiet.

Devoted Seeker

9,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
arrow Market Ward

Vivi wasn't sure where to pick up the search, so instead she went to get a quick bite to eat. She found a little stall that sold sandwiches and she bought a turkey sub. Sitting down at a bench, she pulled out her cell phone and check out the net while she ate.

No one was contacting her again. She was certain that someone would today, even if it was just her sister. She typed down a few commands before she put her cell away. Back to food. She leaned against the bench and looked up at the sky.

If she could get out of her house in a few days, she could actually become an adult. She felt like her mother and father were trying to hold her back. This city of Sigil scared them, but it didn't scare Vivi. She knew that the city would make her into something great.

If only she could find that something.

But at the moment she was alright sitting with her food. She finished of the sub and her soda and stood up again. With a loud voice, most likely to get her noticed, she said;

"Alright Sigil, show me what you got!"

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Terrance Vanguard

User Image"I can't sleep, not now..." He said with a sigh of sorts, his voice had lost some of it's luster.

"I let you down, I got hurt, and now your sitting here taking care of me from the exact thing you fear wouldn't happen." He decided not to fight the fact that her arms were now wrapped around him. He could barely move and it would only hurt more if he did. So he had to fight his way to go to sleep, and even that wasn't easy. Case in point, with the pain and the overall mood keeping him up.

"I let you down Julia, Look at you know, you're literally attempting to kill somebody for me." He said thinking about Tilly again. He was shocked to see her react so violently, it scared him even more when she found out why. He knew she wanted him taken care off, possibly for her plans to ravage him as she once stated. He was only shocked more however when she decided to take care of him herself.

"I-i Hope y-y..." He was stammering, bushing, and attempting to regain his breath at the same time, a usually cute scene now ruined by the boy's horrible condition.

Desirable Genius

Tale Feather

Lian watched as everything wound down. Gwendolyn merely gave a slight wave before the mirror returned back to the view of the storage room and then the darkness under the sheet. Lian looked to Arkravis, then down to Wren. "That was not as expected...but I'm sort of glad I actually got to see a little bit of what things were like."She said, sighing and bringing her hand to her temple to rub it a bit. Of course now that they were almost alone, she felt like she could speak a little more openly.

"The Goddess said something to me that I don't know if its true or not. It might be...The way she explained it could make sense...I...mm..."Lian said, a little unsure if she should continue. This didn't feel like the right time or place. Shaking her head, she shifted Wren from her shoulder down to her lap again. "Lets go back to the room...Wren needs changing and I haven't had a bath since I got back from the hospital..."She said, looking down, bringing the hem of her nightgown up to her nose and sniffing it with an odd expression.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff