Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

She cocked her head back and listened as Marino explained that her new alley friend here had actually done him a FAVOR by knocking off that guy! It was too much, she couldn't help but let lose a laugh.

The pig turned to her next and when he explained that he had meant the man she had stabbed, she gave a shrug. "You talk to sophisticated for my puny brain." she drawled scarcasticly, and was blatantly ignored, as she had expected to be. But when he leaned down and ran a finger along the edge of her wing and fin she fought a growl that rose deep in her throat.

"If you want that hand to keep its digits, I'd keep it off of me. Filthy human." she spat on the ground next to him, her remaining eye flooding with rage. "I don't owe you s**t, seeing as how your men were the ones trying to kill me! I was protecting myself! God knows what Silver Hair over here was up to, and there's suddenly a bunch of guys with guns around?" she ran a slender hand through her hair, brushing her wing gently as though to wipe the trace of his passing off. "As far as I knew, you guys were with ******** Renegade, and I'll be damned if I'm going down to his sorry a** without a fight! You're less one mook, big deal. You try to ******** touch me again without my permission and I swear I'll cut your d**k off, shove it up your a** and twist before I die!" she growled, her eye flashing dangerously as she sat the rest of the way up, crossing her arms over her decently proportioned and well-displayed in her tight tank top, chest.

"Now. Either hand me my dagger and tell your little p***k b***h to get that gun away from my head and get out of my way, or make it worth my while to stay! I don't need my blades to kill you, you skinny b*****d. I've got nerve toxin and I'm being chased by ******** Renegade's mafia. You wanna mess with me? Be my ******** guest! " she growled in challenge.

Shameless Gawker

Marino tossed his head back and laughed, loud and long this time, several deep chuckles that were to say the least unsettling as he listened to the inhuman girl squeal like a stuck pig. She talked big for a girl with a gun to her noggin, surrounded on top of that. A lesser man than him would of been impressed, Marino however, was not. To him it was more like watching a spoiled child throw a tantrum when they didn't get that hundredth toy they'd never deserved.

Making a motion of wiping a tear from the corner of his eye, as if she was just to hysterical to handle, a real comedian, Marino returned to standing, not even bothering to look at the girl anymore as any hint of good measure disappeared from his face.

"While I'm not sure who this Renegade fellow is, I assure you, his men enter my town and I will know. You may not know who I am little one, but let me put it in simple terms, so your fragile mind doesn't break under my vocabulary. I own this town. I own the businesses in it. I own the people in it. And if I don't, I own someone or something they want, and soon enough, I will own them, or at least the more important factor, their money. My name is Louis Marino, have you not heard it, you've not resided here long, but when you are in my hands, you're as good as untouchable. Besides, should you try to, what was it again? Remove my d**k and shove it up my a**? Well, should you try to do it dear, I'm afraid my dear Cassandra would have smeared the blacktop in front of you with what little there is in that head of yours. You may have gotten the slip on her once, but I assure you it would not happen again. And should we of even been alone in this little predicament, I would like you to think for a moment on how a man like me would end up in a stature like the one I possess. You see it took a little more than a rich vocabulary to get me this far, and you'll find I'm not as defenseless as you think. So I leave it up to you. Sit and behave, and see how we can work your debt off, or pay it now in your blood. It doesn't matter much to me. Business is business. Though I would like to hear a little more about your peculiar linage...," He tried to politely refer to her demonic background. "I have no problem ending my relationship with you in a fondle of your cold dead bits as I hand feed you through a meat grinder for my two pet Surus oxyrinchus." (mako shark, he has two babies in a tank in his office.)

Cassandra's finger twitched on her trigger, but her eyes were on her boss. No man could hold more respect in her eyes. Her love for him was nothing physical, and not some fairy tale mushiness, but merely a loyalty so strong, that she would die for him in an instant. Just in case the girl chose the more fun of the two options presented, her free hand found it's way to her right boot and she handled the knife within it.

With his little monologue done, he did let himself indulge in a little pleasure at hearing his own voice now and then, he strolled over to Q, as if he had not a thing to worry about in the world. Which given the way the situation was at hand, he really didn't. There were plenty of people around him in his care and under his pay that were willing to do his worrying for him. He took a moment to look the man over. He had to admit he liked the silver hair, despite the young face, it gave him a classy sort of look, something a man could learn to respect, as long as the person it belonged to earned it. It didn't take him long to notice the strange facial tattoos, the scar, or even the tail. Though the man's eyes were shut, so he did not notice Q's eyes.

"So...have you ever thought about a long term contract?" He didn't skip around, the man before him as basically his to do what he wanted with anyways, given the situation. He hadn't done much but ruin his coat, but Marino was bound to do that himself anyways. Besides, the man was a hell of a shot it seemed, and it was always better to hire a gun now that might one day later be pointed at your own head.

Elder

User ImageQ didn't get the joke when it was said, and thus stayed silent all throughout Marino's dialogue with the fish-for-brains. He had an urge to say the woman was not with him, but given Marino's new interest toward Q, the sniper figured the bossman already knew.

When Marino introduced himself, Q's eyes bolted open. "Marino?" he shouted to himself. "Marino?!" That b*****d who had hired him was going to get the s**t beat out of him. If Q had known his target was talking with Marino, he wouldn't be in such a sorry situation right now. His shoulders wouldn't be hurting from being held so awkwardly, his legs would still work, and he wouldn't have the stinging headache. Everything made it hard to think. That was, until Marino directly spoke to him once more.

Q opened his mouth to give out a slew of apologies, but quickly thought better of it. He shouldn't beg for his life in front of a man like this. If anything, that would probably incite him to kill for laughs. Q's eyes squeezed shut again as he tried to think of a more proper answer.

"Small claims is nothing over one hundred grand," Q tried to calmly muse. His accent had dropped. No point in trying to act with a superior. His voice still shook from his obvious discomfort. "If I were skilled enough for you, I would not be in this situation."

Shameless Gawker

Marino smirked, having caught the drop of the accent, he'd known it was being pushed by the fluctuation in it before, not faked, just.. out grown. This man unlike the mouthy girl obviously had some knowledge of his reputation and this pleased him. He drank in the respect now in his voice. "Not the best, no, but not every man could pull off that shot. Besides," seeing no reason not to be frank with Q, "I'd rather have your gun in my arsenal than that of my enemy. Not to mention, if you work for me, you'll have better equipment to fill your hands." He waved a hand around the group, as if to display the fine display of armory his crew wielded, the tops of the line, all that money could buy.

Elder

User ImageQ would've smirked if he had had the advantage. Marino just called him a good shot. And he hadn't even done it. It was Meru, who was being guided by him. So that meant Q must've been 10x better, and a man like Marino had noticed. He would've smiled were he not so worried he'd get a kick in the gut for it.

Q's eyes were still squeezed shut, and he kept his head angled toward the ground. He decided not to humble himself. "Your enemies have no interest with me. Everything you associate with is above my level."

Really, Q was flattered by the opportunity, but he didn't have such faith in his abilities. Good shot? Sure. Q knew he was an excellent shot. But he didn't like the level of risk involved in working with Marino. He didn't like the risk involved with killing anyone larger than small fry. Still, simply being offered the job was good enough to boost Q's ego.

Shameless Gawker

Marino paused in front of him, his face growing grave almost. "I sense a hinting no, and I don't like that. You see, you did me a favor by killing off that rat I was going to dispose of, so I'm doing you a favor here, and I'm sure you're a smart enough man to see what a bad move it would be to let this opportunity pass you."

Cassandra lifted an eyebrow. She was someone that knew Marino well, and could catch the small hints as anger built inside him. He was not a man to take no lightly, and decisions with him, were usually between something and death, and the way death worked with him, it was never the better of the two.

Elder

User ImageQ was indecisive on the matter, and had to try and think of something to say. 'Yeah sure, let's do it' wasn't exactly the best way to handle a situation such as this one. Marino was a big wig. You didn't brown nose a big wig.

"I am only suggesting someone of your caliber could do much better than I," Q said softly.
He fought the urge to try and reposition himself. His shoulders were getting weak. These goons had one of the strongest grips...

Shameless Gawker

Marino nodded his head at the men holding Q, who then proceeded to not so gently drop him like a sack of potatoes. It was almost his way of warning him.

"Regardless of your opinion on your personal caliber, I would like to see you in my ranks. I can't force your hands however. There is nothing for you to lose on your end really.. nothing you have not already put at risk the moment you pulled the trigger." Marino had made his way to the case and opened it, handling the piece inside.

Elder

User ImageWhen Q was dropped, he let out a shout of pain. It was quickly shortened by Q's clenching of teeth, the latter half of what would've been a yelp in pain turned into a guttural growl which faded off of its own accord. His eyes still closed, he tried to put most of his weight on his hands. It didn't work out.

"Well, it was delayed," he mused to himself, "But I guess this is the restitution for deciding to jump out that three story window."

"Sir," he breathed, still trying to catch his breath from the fall. "You flatter me." Merely saying the words made Q feel sick to his stomach. "If you are so insistent, I cannot refuse."
Q wanted to kick himself. But, Ha! His legs didn't work.

How cruel was this? At least he was bowing to Marino, and not some other lowlife.

Shameless Gawker

Marino's eyes sharpened on Q, their green color suddenly darkening. The tone the man was using might as well been mocking, the way he spoke. He was really doing this man a favor, offering him such a position after what he'd done. But this attitude he had in accepting it.. this bullshit about flattery..this man was merely playing sudden modesty, now knowing just who it was before him. It did not lay well with Marino, and Q was soon made well aware as the butt of the rifle was thrust against his throat.

"You're mine. You work for me now. ******** up and I kill you... Hell.. I might just do it anyways, but doing a good job gives you better odds."

Elder

User ImageQ's chin was forced upward. With that, his face was more toward the sun, its light leaking through his eyelids. Q squeezed his eyes shut even tighter, baring his teeth in a silent growl. He'd dare not make it audible; he was already in a sensitive enough situation. He'd probably be smacked for not looking at Marino in the eyes, but he couldn't help it - not that the man knew Q's condition.

"Glad to be of service," he grumbled through his clenched teeth, a hint of sarcasm leaking through.

Shameless Gawker

Marino smiled that sickening smile of his again and pulled the gun away, allowing the man to rest. He tossed it carelessly to the ground.

"Good dog..." He relished the sarcasm, the knowledge that the man was in defeat. It was like a fine wine to him. He turned his back to the man, waving a hand over his shoulder.

"Someone see that Doc checks on his legs and injuries. And please, someone get the trash." His hand waved at the body of the albino, her blood coagulating nicely in the oxygen rich environment outside her flesh. He headed back over to the girl with the fins on her head, curious to see now what her decision was.
User Image

Anasti allowed herself a soft chuckle as Marino swaggered above her, but this time she bit back the sarcasm, as much as she wanted to laugh in the man's face.

'He sounds just like Renegade. He thought he was the big s**t too...' she thought. She kept silent, mulling over the decision in her head as he turned his attention from her to Mr.Dog Boy.

The prospect wasn't an unattractive one. With Renegade after her, she would do better working for someone like Marino. Hidden and partially protected by his ranks, she'd become much harder for the clan to find. Plus, there was the added bonus of being able to make some coin on the side, and regardless of her obvious joy in killing, it was always nice to be paid for it.

'Besides...' she thought to herself, her single eye raking Q's form appraisingly. 'If I get to work with Mr. Silver Hair here, that might just make it worth my while...' she fought the urge to lick her lip. She repressed a delighted smile as Q finally accepted the offer that he really had no choice but to accept. That would make this much easier.

As Marino came towards her, once again focusing his undivided attention on her, she smiled up at him. "We don't need to be on the opposite sides of the stick here, Marino baby." she drawled, looking up at him with an almost sexual grin. "I just so happen to be looking to pick up some more steady work. And since you are a man short now because of me, I just might consider coming onto your payroll. Unlike Silver Hair here, I think I more then fit your resume. It might have only been once, you'll pardon me for sayin', but I did get the drop on your best girl, didn't I?" she tilted her head back and looked up at Casandra, giving her a saucy wink because she knew how much it would infuriate her.

"So long as we've the understanding that nobody gets between my legs that I don't want, you start taking payment and I'll kill anybody you want." She paused, casting Q a quick glance and jerking her thumb over her shoulder towards him. "Hell, throw in dog-boy as a partner and I'll do it for HALF!" she laughed. Throwing her hands down to the pavement, she pushed herself to her feet in one smooth, sliding motion. Adopting a more humble look on her normally sarcastic visage, she gave a little a small bow, bending at the waist, before straightening and extending her pale hand toward him.

"It would be my pleasure to work for you...sir." she added, her face a mask of seriousness.

Shameless Gawker

"No, we don't." Marino pulled a hand from his pocket and waved it in front of him. "But what we do need..." He knelled down next to her. "as you said, is an understanding." He lowered his voice. "You many be confident in yourself, but you see, that only goes so far. You have only two hands. As you've seen I have a few more than you." He waved his hand again, referring to the group around him.

His eyes narrowed on her. "You will not get the drop on anyone here ever again. You try, and the least of your worries shall be this Renegade fellow. In fact, I might just find him out myself and see how badly he wants you. What you put between your legs means nothing to me. You kill on my command, you get paid, we both are happy. As for partners, I find letting people chose their own works best, and you are the one owing me. At least he has started off on my better side."

The right side of Cassandra's mouth twitched and twisted up. She could wait. She had to wait. Wait until the moment this loose b***h slipped up and Cassandra would have her chance to kill her. It would not be quick, long, painful.... wonderful...

Marino stood before she did, taking a step back, utterly relaxed throughout all his transaction. When she extended a hand however he merely looked and it and laughed before turning around and walking away.

"Do not give her weapons back until I say."

Marino's men moved quickly. Two men disappeared to a vehicle somewhere, only to come back with a large plastic sheet, that soon served as the albino's shroud. It was really just taking out the trash, no one would go after Marino or any of his men. He had no need to hid the work, but bodies had a place for bodies to go.

Q soon found himself in the back of a van, being handled roughly by a short, thin man, whose hair looked like it hadn't seen a brush in the last decade, and it was a few more decades from his last fashion update. He wore thin square glasses much too far down the end of his nose to be of any use, and kept muttering to himself as he felt up and down Q's legs, checking for breaks and fractures. While he looked old, closer inspection showed him to actually be younger than Q. "Idiot.. three stories.. you'll just be sore from the shock of it for a few days..."
User Image

She gave Marino a sideways glance as degraded her a little further. She was actually, physically biting her tongue to keep back a smart-a** retort, and a few drops of blood slid down her chin from the force of pressure.

'That arrogant little snot rag...' she snarled internally, fuming at the man's words but forcing herself to keep control of her emotions. She had to shove the contempt from her eyes rather viciously and it gave rise to a headache almost immediatly.

The dull thudding echoed in her ears as she dropped her unshook hand at her side and wondered vaguely if this had been such a good idea. She watched, momentarily detached, as Q was dragged over to a van and placed inside, a wiry man stepping over to him almost immediatly. No one came forward to offer her direction, so she stuck her hands under the waistband over her skirt and headed over to where Q was getting a once-over. She still had one of her daggers safely clasped in its holder at her side, and her array of poisons hidden carefully under the hem of her skirt. Obviously Marino didn't know who Renegade was, and she hadn't employed her poisons against him or his men. There was really no way he could possibly know that they existed, but the way he looked at her made her slightly uncomfortable, even after all the years she had been in the business, and she shifted her body so that she leaned against the van on her backside, squishing the tiny pouches between the metal and her skin. It was an uncomfortable position to say the least, but she covered her discomfort with an arrogant grin, crossing her arms in front of her chest as she looked down at Q and the doc.

"Wasn't the smoothest exit, was it Mr. Silver Hair?" she goaded, a smile playing on her lips, but her voice and one void of its normal, demeaning laughter. The doctor took a step closer to her while looking over Q's injuries and she instinctively took a step backwards. Now that she was close to him, she realized that he had rather unpleasant smell about him. Her senstive nose wrinkled as the pungent aroma assaulted it. Casting a glance at Marino and the men who were working to remove the albino's still leaking corpse, she decided that where she was currently was the best place for her to be. The less she had to deal with Marino himself, the better. So she was faced with dealing with the smell, pulling in small breaths through her mouth as she spoke to save her nose the abuse. She was extraordinaryly curious about Q, about who he was, what he was, and who he was working for. But she wasn't so dense as to ask him about such things now. No, there would be time for that later, she hoped, giving him another one of her body-raking glances.

"Got a name, puppy? Or should I just stick with Mr. Silver Hair?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces