Welcome to Gaia! ::

minaflower71

I can see Aleks having admired Caleb right off the bat (honed in on natural fighter), especially since he's been there for so long. He might have been a camp counsellor or something when she arrived. Also, I'm going to take a guess that he actually won't mind Aleks' blunt nature (coming from the personality blurb.). What do you think?

I think Caleb may actually respect her. Her survival instincts will be a big puller for him, enough to make him want her around. The fact she'd give anything up to survive will be something he likes, even if it means she throws him to the dogs...well demons as it stands. xD

I can so see someone trying to make Caleb camp counselor to get him to build on his lack of empathy for people. They would have dropped it soon afterwards though, he's not the type of person you want teaching or counseling others. Can you imagine? "Now you're all going to die. But you, yeah you. You're going to be first from what I heard your powers are s**t." xD

He won't mind it at all, though he'll have to remind himself shes actually saying what she means. (He reads into things) He'd be like "...well there's no hidden message there. I am an a*****e." xD Depending what she says to him of course. Ha.

MISTER MOSEBY

encouragement will only make it worse for him
            she'll never stop, unless he outright tells her to
            but i just picture her dancing around him as she plays the guitar
            singing dixie chicks covers and songs in celtic

and that works perfectly, because she'll definitely do the making up no problem
            once her anger passes she'd go right back to "make caleb happy" mode
            so she'd sing an apology or give him flowers or something idk
            but yeah she'd just be told the wrong thing and she'd be done
            for like five minutes >n>
            she isn't very resilient, unfortunately...

I think at some points he'll tell her to back off.
But from what I've gathered she'll want him loosen up, so will come right back to it.
Underneath it all, he'll like that she cares enough to try. (Sometimes, because if she gets on his nerves too much he'll be too busy losing his temper. xD)
But he knows she's wasting her time, he's a lost case. Haha.

teady-enticing

You're not excited at all. xD

I'm not sure what to suggest for these two.
Honestly on one side, they are a little alike.
But with her stand off nature, I don't see Caleb crossing that bridge to try with her. He just doesn't care enough, you know? xD

wearegliding5683

I think Caleb's view on her is going to be a little more complicated.
On one hand he'll hate how she's always smiling, even if there is something wrong with her. He hates it when people cover up how they are feeling and he's going to read into everything she says to him. (It's up to you if he sees through it all the time or not.)
On the other hand, because of how she is he'll want to keep her as far away from the fights as he can. This is not because he's protective of her though, its mostly her personality that will do it for him. He'll think her fighting is pointless (as she isn't as strong as the others) and therefore her life will be wasted and her powers aren't as effective in battle (to herself). It's sort of a twisted caring thing for him. One of her powers is very useful, just not to herself and so her being in the middle of any fighting is more dangerous for her than anyone else. He'll think she's more of a liability on the battle field than a help. He thinks if she strengthens her powers, she could aid them from a safe distance away. If you followed any of that. xD

Broadway Sympathy

You still around?

In a relationship with XxJessicaelisexX

Aged Wife

batty mobile's Love Of My Life

XxJessicaelisexX

I think Caleb may actually respect her. Her survival instincts will be a big puller for him, enough to make him want her around. The fact she'd give anything up to survive will be something he likes, even if it means she throws him to the dogs...well demons as it stands. xD

I can so see someone trying to make Caleb camp counselor to get him to build on his lack of empathy for people. They would have dropped it soon afterwards though, he's not the type of person you want teaching or counseling others. Can you imagine? "Now you're all going to die. But you, yeah you. You're going to be first from what I heard your powers are s**t." xD

He won't mind it at all, though he'll have to remind himself shes actually saying what she means. (He reads into things) He'd be like "...well there's no hidden message there. I am an a*****e." xD Depending what she says to him of course. Ha.

OHHHHHHHHH maybe they had to go on a quest together once and they ended up in a scenario trade off where they had to give up what they were questing for or die, and Aleks, of course, doesn't think a quest would be worth their lives. I'm not sure if Caleb would have wanted that or not. Or we can literally have a moment when it ends up Caleb's fighting off some monsters and Aleks uses it as a distraction and gets what they were questing for. But I think a failed quest might be even better for the long run because then Caleb and Aleks can have a god or goddess mad at them or holding a grudge against them. Plus, dealing with failure is a fun dynamic too. Aleks and Caleb could have bonded over the quest somehow.

To be honest, Aleks would find Caleb's brutal honesty hilarious and refreshing. Like she'd respect him insanely for speaking his mind with no filter, but she'd still be like "You realize you just told a ten year old they're going to die. You're officially an a*****e, a*****e" *turns to the person he was talking to* "But you better start learning faster from Caleb or you ARE gonna die. "

Cookie Vendetta

What city did Luke live in? At one point in his foster home life, he may have lived temporarily in Aleks' neighbourhood in Brownsville.

Magnetic Lover

13,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Generous 100
teady-enticing

thank you for the profile.
depending on what they have me do
today, i might be able to send you powers.

Cookie Vendetta

have not had a chance to look over
your profile for luke, but will try to
when i get to work.

Aged Wife

wearegliding5683
teady-enticing

thank you for the profile.
depending on what they have me do
today, i might be able to send you powers.

Cookie Vendetta

have not had a chance to look over
your profile for luke, but will try to
when i get to work.

Okay. smile I do want to PM you at one point for a clear explanation of this whole camp thing. I'm still confused about that. :O

Aged Wife

minaflower71
XxJessicaelisexX

OHHHHHHHHH maybe they had to go on a quest together once and they ended up in a scenario trade off where they had to give up what they were questing for or die, and Aleks, of course, doesn't think a quest would be worth their lives. I'm not sure if Caleb would have wanted that or not. Or we can literally have a moment when it ends up Caleb's fighting off some monsters and Aleks uses it as a distraction and gets what they were questing for. But I think a failed quest might be even better for the long run because then Caleb and Aleks can have a god or goddess mad at them or holding a grudge against them. Plus, dealing with failure is a fun dynamic too. Aleks and Caleb could have bonded over the quest somehow.

To be honest, Aleks would find Caleb's brutal honesty hilarious and refreshing. Like she'd respect him insanely for speaking his mind with no filter, but she'd still be like "You realize you just told a ten year old they're going to die. You're officially an a*****e, a*****e" *turns to the person he was talking to* "But you better start learning faster from Caleb or you ARE gonna die. "

Cookie Vendetta

What city did Luke live in? At one point in his foster home life, he may have lived temporarily in Aleks' neighbourhood in Brownsville.

Well, I didn't really think about that. But I think he could have bumped into her, more fun for plotting. smile I think she's like one of two people he might actually tolerate. o.O

Cookie Vendetta
"
Well, I didn't really think about that. But I think he could have bumped into her, more fun for plotting. smile I think she's like one of two people he might actually tolerate. o.O

How does he act with people he tolerates?

Aged Wife

minaflower71
Cookie Vendetta
"

How does he act with people he tolerates?

Not much different. He's blunt and if he disagrees with something you're going to be damn sure that he will tell you about it. Don't really expect him to go soft or nice or anything. But he's still going to be calmer and he will be loyal if they are his close friend. But overall, he's not that different. :O He's an a** even if he likes you, basically. x)

Dapper Fatcat

7,775 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
XxJessicaelisexX
You're not excited at all. xD
I'm not sure what to suggest for these two.
Honestly on one side, they are a little alike.
But with her stand off nature, I don't see Caleb crossing that bridge to try with her. He just doesn't care enough, you know? xD

Yeah, in all honesty they shouldn't get along well at all. For one thing, he's a child of Zeus and her a child of Hades; they were basically born to not get along. But, I think he'd be one of those people that Rae would feel indifferent about. Because half of her would probably enjoy watching him tell everybody like it is, but the other half of her would probably be like, "wait that's my job." Since he's more of the leader type, Rae would have a bawl pointing out all the flaws in his strategies and plans. She leans more towards verbal confrontation rather than physical like Caleb, so I could just see them getting in a fight and his face beginning to turn red trying to resist the urge to like roundhouse kick her in the in the face lol She could probably hold her own though.

Dapper Fatcat

7,775 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
Cookie Vendetta

okay okay okay
I have to plot with you because, like,
Rae and Luke are practically the same person haha
I feel like they would have fun just sitting down and discussing all the people they hate
But in all seriousness, Rae doesn't really like the company of friends, but if she had to choose it would probably be Luke just because they're both so twisted in the way they think.

Anastasia, however, would probably be a different story. Not only would Rae want to stay away from the Aphrodite cabin as much as possible, she would probably find Tasya's manipulative nature sickening, but also kind of respects it. She would never admit to that though.

Cookie Vendetta

Not much different. He's blunt and if he disagrees with something you're going to be damn sure that he will tell you about it. Don't really expect him to go soft or nice or anything. But he's still going to be calmer and he will be loyal if they are his close friend. But overall, he's not that different. :O He's an a** even if he likes you, basically. x)

Hmm. How did Luke behave generally in his different foster families? How he behaved might affect how Aleks and him interacted if they ever met in the past.

Quote:
Right off the bat, I don't think Aleks is going to like Tasya very much at all. Which is funny because they're very similar in the "I will do anything to get what I want", but Tasya's manipulative and Aleks would hate the sort of games that would result in. How do you feel about our characters? =)

^ just wanted to requote that because I think you might have missed my first post to you.

Aged Wife

teady-enticing
Cookie Vendetta

okay okay okay
I have to plot with you because, like,
Rae and Luke are practically the same person haha
I feel like they would have fun just sitting down and discussing all the people they hate
But in all seriousness, Rae doesn't really like the company of friends, but if she had to choose it would probably be Luke just because they're both so twisted in the way they think.

Anastasia, however, would probably be a different story. Not only would Rae want to stay away from the Aphrodite cabin as much as possible, she would probably find Tasya's manipulative nature sickening, but also kind of respects it. She would never admit to that though.

I think it's a bit ... back and forth with them. Because while I do agree that they are both twisted, she is also a really private person. To Luke, that is as good as lying about who you are and he is all about honesty. I think that their friendship would have to be something that evolved over a long period of time as they got to know each other rather than something that happened instantly. He really needs to know the true her in order to like her and not the quiet (as the impression I got) person that she private person that she appears to be. But even despite that, her reserved nature is still going to annoy him and he's going to fight with her about that. So for them to be friends, she really needs to be able to tolerate his blunt ways. :O Sorry if any wording is off. Your character is somewhat complex, like mine. I tried to word it the best I could, but I may be off somewhere.

Hm. Honestly, I think overtime maybe they grow to respect each other. I doubt they are ever going to be friends. Rae, if confronting her, probably sets off her temper a lot. But I don't imagine them ever growing into friends. :O

Aged Wife

minaflower71
Cookie Vendetta

Hmm. How did Luke behave generally in his different foster families? How he behaved might affect how Aleks and him interacted if they ever met in the past.

Quote:
Right off the bat, I don't think Aleks is going to like Tasya very much at all. Which is funny because they're very similar in the "I will do anything to get what I want", but Tasya's manipulative and Aleks would hate the sort of games that would result in. How do you feel about our characters? =)

^ just wanted to requote that because I think you might have missed my first post to you.

I doubt he formed a connection with any of them. If told "Well, maybe this time you'll land one that cares" he'd just be blunt and say it's unlikely. But instead of it coming off as him just being negative or closed off, you'll get a list of logical reasons and proof. Luke is all about honesty and staying true to who you are. He doesn't like when people act a certain way because it's not "proper". He's not a "you need to be more tough" kind of person. If someone is very sweet he'll down right tell them he doesn't like it, but he'll make no attempts to make them tougher because this is who they are and he'll respect that. But if someone is holding back a fit of rage he'll try to encourage them to just let it go. Luke really doesn't change for anyone, he is who he is. It's more about what sides of his personality you trigger. If you trigger the meddling man who wants everyone to be true to themselves, using his unique and unwanted methods, or a more calmer version of him that's happier and likes to have fun. Does that help?

Dapper Fatcat

7,775 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
Cookie Vendetta
I think it's a bit ... back and forth with them. Because while I do agree that they are both twisted, she is also a really private person. To Luke, that is as good as lying about who you are and he is all about honesty. I think that their friendship would have to be something that evolved over a long period of time as they got to know each other rather than something that happened instantly. He really needs to know the true her in order to like her and not the quiet (as the impression I got) person that she private person that she appears to be. But even despite that, her reserved nature is still going to annoy him and he's going to fight with her about that. So for them to be friends, she really needs to be able to tolerate his blunt ways. :O Sorry if any wording is off. Your character is somewhat complex, like mine. I tried to word it the best I could, but I may be off somewhere.

Hm. Honestly, I think overtime maybe they grow to respect each other. I doubt they are ever going to be friends. Rae, if confronting her, probably sets off her temper a lot. But I don't imagine them ever growing into friends. :O

Yeah, agreed for both. For any sort of friendships she does have, they'd definitely take some time. I could see Rae and Luke pretty much despising each other at first, because they both have to tendency to say exactly what they are thinking, and that could last even up until now who knows. It's not necessarily that she's a quiet, though, she just tries her best to keep a lot of attention off of her. Private, though, is correct. She's always been extremely independent, and that's been a turn off I guess with some of her potential friends. But at some point in the role-play she has to come out of her shell and get over herself, you know, because it's no fun roleplaying by yourself lol.
I completely understand about getting wording off. It's like you know exactly what to say, and yet can't find the words for it. That's been my problem with Rae, knowing exactly what kind of person I want her to be, but it all just comes out wrong haha

Aged Wife

teady-enticing
Cookie Vendetta

Yeah, agreed for both. For any sort of friendships she does have, they'd definitely take some time. I could see Rae and Luke pretty much despising each other at first, because they both have to tendency to say exactly what they are thinking, and that could last even up until now who knows. It's not necessarily that she's a quiet, though, she just tries her best to keep a lot of attention off of her. Private, though, is correct. She's always been extremely independent, and that's been a turn off I guess with some of her potential friends. But at some point in the role-play she has to come out of her shell and get over herself, you know, because it's no fun roleplaying by yourself lol.
I completely understand about getting wording off. It's like you know exactly what to say, and yet can't find the words for it. That's been my problem with Rae, knowing exactly what kind of person I want her to be, but it all just comes out wrong haha

If they are close friends they could have reached a point where they are able to be blunt about some things without it really forming an argument. Like, not everything they say turns into an argument and some of the bluntness would be turned into a laughter and so on. While other things would make them fight. Would that make sense?

Exactly! Then you accidentally use the wrong word and boom. You're in trouble.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff