Welcome to Gaia! ::

Award ceremony post links in the first post!

YAAAAAY 1 100.0% [ 61 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]

Sevi Rais
keiiii
What is this "my active messages" thing that you speak of? eek *suddenly feeling like a newbie*
It's not the actual name of it. XD It's in "Notices" in My Gaia. You probably already know about it, though. surprised

Ohh. I forgot I turned off the notices for new posts in subscribed threads, so I thought it was a different feature. surprised

When I get reply/ quote notices from this thread, it keeps saying "no subject" where the thread subject should appear. Gaia does not like us. crying
Tanabata Wish
You'll see what I mean when I put up the WIP.

~*anticipation*~
Hmm... kind of last minute, but would anyone be interested in seeing the 25 essential expressions meme for the characters in this contest?

My only worry is that some people might rely on it TOO much -- a decent character's mannerisms cannot possibly be contained in 25 little squares. Then there's a whole slew of stuff not even touched upon in that meme, such as body language. But maybe some might still find it helpful in spite of its limitations.

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
Not something I would use since I don't want a crutch and it sounds like a lot of work for you. That's my opinion, though. Could be useful for others if there's a demand for it.

Aged Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
keiiii
Hmm... kind of last minute, but would anyone be interested in seeing the 25 essential expressions meme for the characters in this contest?

My only worry is that some people might rely on it TOO much -- a decent character's mannerisms cannot possibly be contained in 25 little squares. Then there's a whole slew of stuff not even touched upon in that meme, such as body language. But maybe some might still find it helpful in spite of its limitations.

It'd be interesting to see for the sake of seeing it, but I think your concern is a strong possibility. It seems like it would almost take the challenge out conveying the characters accurately.

On the same token, it also may result in more desirable entries as well. It's your call.
keiyani
It seems like it would almost take the challenge out conveying the characters accurately.

I think it could actually make it HARDER for some. sweatdrop I wouldn't want anyone to make a carbon copy of the expressions in the meme, and it might be harder to draw the right expression that is sufficiently different from what is shown in the meme?

Maybe I could do an abridged version of it that could serve as a starting point rather than a complete guide. But yeah, either way it's not super high on my priorities. The next items on my todo list (that's relevant to this contest) are Haru-Sari pages and some ref images for Ladyfox's minor characters, plus some write-ups on clues... about spoilery things... that happen later on in Haru-Sari. ninja

Witty Nymph

How could 145 people dislike this? btw I still plan on submitting. ^-^

Witty Nymph

keiiii

I think given the character descriptions, an adequate artist should be able to come up with something that'll be on-model to what you guys have created.

However, the above type of model sheet is helpful when you consider some don't want to put a TON of effort into understanding characters. It is definitely a TL;DR type of reference but it can be widely received as awesomesauce. :3
Kuyusi

You're back! whee heart

You're right, it is kind of tl;dr. And a deceptively tricky one at that... If you're drawing a certain character being angry, and all you do is copying the expression from the meme, it will NOT come out right. Pick any emotion from that meme and I guarantee you there's going to be dozens of different shades of it.

It gets even more complicated if you're doing a scene. What makes one character angry will make another character giggle. So yeah, you really have to study the characters...

Maybe I'll do a body language sheet, and I won't label it -- just show different character-typical poses so people have a general idea of how they move and carry themselves.

Witty Nymph

keiiii
Kuyusi

You're back! whee heart

You're right, it is kind of tl;dr. And a deceptively tricky one at that... If you're drawing a certain character being angry, and all you do is copying the expression from the meme, it will NOT come out right. Pick any emotion from that meme and I guarantee you there's going to be dozens of different shades of it.

It gets even more complicated if you're doing a scene. What makes one character angry will make another character giggle. So yeah, you really have to study the characters...

Maybe I'll do a body language sheet, and I won't label it -- just show different character-typical poses so people have a general idea of how they move and carry themselves.

I am! ^-^ -waves-

I think I'll just do some character art, the comic thing has become pretty much impossible due to the fact that I'm doing my own webcomic now (www.findkelleygreen.com if you're interested :3) so I haven't got the time to go all-out like I'd want to.

I like that idea a lot, because the way your characters carry themselves is something super important that people could get wrong pretty easily. When you're drawing up a pose for someone else's character it can be hard to determine based on description alone what type of posing they tend to do.
Kuyusi
I am! ^-^ -waves-

I think I'll just do some character art, the comic thing has become pretty much impossible due to the fact that I'm doing my own webcomic now (www.findkelleygreen.com if you're interested :3) so I haven't got the time to go all-out like I'd want to.

I like that idea a lot, because the way your characters carry themselves is something super important that people could get wrong pretty easily. When you're drawing up a pose for someone else's character it can be hard to determine based on description alone what type of posing they tend to do.

Oooh! I will be checking out your comic later today. *adds to todo list*

In the meantime, take a look at this intentionally wrong collection of poses. rofl

Witty Nymph

keiiii

In the meantime, take a look at this intentionally wrong collection of poses. rofl

Hahaha wat rofl

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • Night Club Singer 500
keiiii

Geez, Keiiii. I was expecting more. xd heart
Razumi Yazura
keiiii

Geez, Keiiii. I was expecting more. xd heart

The fun thing about those poses is that they're not random; they are all poses natural/typical of HS characters, except they're all mixed up. Can you identify the right pose with the right character? XD

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • Night Club Singer 500
keiiii
The fun thing about those poses is that they're not random; they are all poses natural/typical of HS characters, except they're all mixed up. Can you identify the right pose with the right character? XD
I'm horrible and the only one that pops right out at me is that it looks like Chi-Min is posed in a way that Mana would...I think. I'm horrible and need to think this over. I blame all my overtime at work since I am at work right now.

But this...is actually a good exercise, though. I need to do something like this for my characters as drawing practice...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff