Welcome to Gaia! ::

Award ceremony post links in the first post!

YAAAAAY 1 100.0% [ 61 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]

Special Snowflake

The Clockwork Mouse

I think it is just quieter than it was a bit earlier this year... I'd come back and there would be like 5 new pages of conversation to scroll through o.O...

Could be! Haven't the foggiest.. I think I've always been on when it's quiet ^^ I think a lot of people have gone back to school now too, so it could also be a factor
I may try to enter this! I do so want a halo ;D

Manly Lunatic

Shirtless Lunatic

8,950 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Ooo : D nice contest. I think ill Enter soon :3

Special Snowflake

Doesn't hurt to try ^^

Aged Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
Lionzeye
I may try to enter this! I do so want a halo ;D

one cola
Ooo : D nice contest. I think ill Enter soon :3

Awesome! surprised heart

Lonely Phantom

Savage Genius

Ohh, if only I had artistic talent.
.__.
I would enter every, single contest.
;c

Rude's Bestie

Cat

*subscribed*

I was browsing randomly and came across this thread, and while I was looking over the character descriptions I had a pretty cool composition idea. Time willing, I'll see what I can do with it.
i just found this contest, looks interesting.

So few of lady fox'es tho...why is this so? do her chars not count for the grand prizes?
(reads info)

I will definately try to give her some nice entries XD good luck me. You both have some very nice realistic submissions.

Magic GO

** I'll include a nudity warning, but fear not! It isn't bad. 3nodding **

ENTRY FORM (ART)

Username: Katrina1185
Character(s) drawn: June Blue Delias and a hint of Phoenix
Medium used: Photoshop
Link to the submission: http://katrina1185.deviantart.com/art/In-Her-Arms-327371669
Is this a WIP?: Finished piece.
Your Website: http://katrina1185.deviantart.com/
Comments:

This was a really rough sketch done in SAI which turned into this. In this piece, I didn't want to depict Phoenix as her usual self, rather, I wanted to personify her presence through different elements. Here I have June Blue in the midst of Phoenix's nesting realm, if you will. After reading Haru Sari, my only wish is for June to get well again, and I have envisioned Phoenix doing just that. She is maybe even sacrificing her own being to help June recover from her condition. I feel like the two are linked somehow.

On a different note, I feel like the world can connect with June on a personal level after seeing many of our loved ones suffer and pass from cancer. To me, June's disease reminds me very much of cancer. We can choose to run from it, but it eventually catches up to us and affects us at some point in our lives, whether it's we who suffer from it or someone we care about.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I have enjoyed your graphic novel very much and have even gotten pretty attached to some of your characters. Your illustrations inspired me greatly. I hope you enjoy!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff