9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
I'm more curious on what you all think of the English dub biggrin

Gekko

Who is you favorite character?
Ishimaru :')
Do you think Monokuma is actually alive or someone is controlling him again?
That's a spoiler~ But it's kind of both I suppose.
What do you think the world is like outside?
Messed up.

Girl-Crazy Capitalist

9,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
musicalcats30

Oh god, play the game. The anime is so terrible compared to the original game.

(But as for my favorites Celestia and Chihiro are my lovelies. Kirigiri, Sakura and Mondo are also some favorites of mine, too.)

Cluttered Gaian

Nah! Let's not squeal about Danganronpa, I don't care for it at ALL! ninja

Anime isn't as bad as people think it is, and in a way the ending is better. The free-time events and individual picking apart of threads of logic in the game definitely enhance the understanding of the experience, though. And as always, linguistically some things get lost in translation.

SDR2 is much better suited for being adapted into an anime, imo, and they're DEFINITELY counting on it.

I haven't seen the manga or side story yet.

And I don't pick favorites in terms of characters- unless you mean picking who's going to die next!! twisted

Witty Genius

Mitsuki Horenake

Wait there's an English dub of the anime, with the original English cast of the game?

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
Engi3Piece
Mitsuki Horenake

Wait there's an English dub of the anime, with the original English cast of the game?

I'd assume so. But for now, I'm talking about the cast for the game.

Witty Genius

Mitsuki Horenake
Engi3Piece
Mitsuki Horenake

I'd assume so. But for now, I'm talking about the cast for the game.

I hope so, I really did like Bryce as the voice for Makoto (I think he did a better job at than his Bravely Default role). Lucien Dodge also did a good job as Hifumi, but I like him better as Victor in Bravely Default.

mv 's Problem

Spicy Dog

17,325 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
I like Kirigiri, Chihiro, Ishimaru, Celes, and Junko.
I think I'll like a a lot more characters in SDR2.
My favorite character in the first game was...definitely Asahina. I love her to death. I also really liked Chihiro though they were such a cute they're my child and I just. Why chapter 2 why do you exist (also chapter 4 that was 100000% illegal)

I also really like Fukawa because I too am a writer with zero social skills and serious paranoia and obsessive crushes

I don't think the anime was as bad as people are saying...granted it did miss a lot (free time events, for example. You don't know how much my heart shattered when I didn't get to see "my name is Byakuya Togami" in anime form. It hurt a lot.) but like, it was exciting to see some of the things animated (Alter Ego was adorable and Fukawa's transitions from Gloomy Author Cutie to Serial Killer Cutie were fun too) and I'm actually really looking forward to the SDR2 anime (animated Gundam...animated Dark Gods of Destruction...animated Gundam hiding his face in his scarf when he blushes...animated Monomi too bc she's a lil cutie).

But definitely check out both games!! They go a lot more in depth with characters and stuff which is really important. If you don't like Let's Plays all that much, the first game is already out, and the second one comes out in early September (at least as of now...the first game ended up getting pushed back a month so it could happen with the second too...)

Also, I recommended reading all the extra novels and stuff (Like Dangan Ronpa Zero and Dangan Ronpa IF) because they're really important for understanding the characters more (ESPECIALLY the despair twins, like we know nothing about Mukuro from just the game alone, and definitely not from the anime alone. She's actually a really heartbreaking character yo.)

Sorry I'm rambling a lot I'm just really passionate about Dangan Ronpa.

Irregular Phantom

User Image Who is you favorite character? Naegi and Togami is fighting for this position.
Do you think Monokuma is actually alive or someone is controlling him again? Based on what I've read, I think it's the computer alternate of Junko who's controlling him
What do you think the world is like outside? Crazy, war-induced people User Image

give panda's some love.. User Image
Genocider Syo is my favorite character! I always laughed when she appeared on screen, if not witty remarks just the way she expresses herself is good enough for me :3 I'm not sure about the whole 2nd season anime situation but either way I really enjoyed the firsy one ^^

Fashionable Consumer

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I enjoyed the first game, but SDR2 is soooo much better, IMO. I did not like the DR1 anime. D: I watched only a few episodes and got bored, tbh. The game itself has flaws too, like a lot of the characters are flat and undeveloped, but the gameplay is great. (SDR2 has way more developed characters) I'm honestly terrified of the SDR2 dub & anime, because there's really no way they can shoehorn the entire plot into 12 episodes unless they do a really hackeyed job. Plus I really did not like Naegi's dub voice, and if they give the same voice to Komaeda (I know he has the same VA), I'm just gonna nope right on away.

Not trying to ruin anyone's enjoyment though. ^^

Gekko

I guess I'll post a bit on my thoughts about the anime and Danganronpa 2.

I was introduced to the series by the anime.. and thus I do enjoy it quite a bit. Since then I've seen the lets play, and most of the character's free time events. I still like the anime. xD

As for Super Danganronpa 2, I lOOOVEE it. But, I can't agree with people who say it has a better cast than 1. Regardless, I grow to like them more every day~. My favorite character is Ibuki because she's AWESOUME.

Manly Man-Lover

musicalcats30
I recently watched Danganronpa (all of it) and now I am looking to talk about it.
I LOVED the show and really hope they make a sequel because what was that ending?
There's going to be spoilers in the discussion so leave now if you don't want that.

Here's a couple questions for you so we have something to start talking about.
Who is you favorite character?
Do you think Monokuma is actually alive or someone is controlling him again?
What do you think the world is like outside?
It covered the game pretty well without being the game, which is something I enjoyed. So, yeah, I'm looking forward to both, the sequel to the game and the anime.

As for my favorite character, I'd have to say, Toko/ Genocider Syo (Genocide Jack/Jill). She's a great blend of eccentric and passive and something about her going to extremes both, scares me, yet intrigues and amuses me.

Since the group Ultimate Despair (I forget what the anime called/ translated it as) is meant to be more than the 2 major culprits mentioned at the final trial, I'm sure that Monokuma has a new controller. Though, if his program is as advanced as he claims, I could imagine him eventually becoming some sort of AI.

As for the world outside, I'm not sure. I think that the anarchy probably isn't as bad as depicted because that seems like it'd have been older footage. The buildings may look debillitated because of the riots, but I'm thinking that the riots themselves are over.

Loyal Elder

I stick with my classic detective fiction, but I do like how it used common detective fiction tropes in a society that knows about cell phones, CSI units, and all the other crime-detecting technologies.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff