Welcome to Gaia! ::

San Aion
[ cari ]
Well, considering "anime" is from Japan, those shows you have pointed out are American "Animation/Cartoons", not "Anime".

Stupid blaugh heart

W.I.T.C.H isn't even created by american artists!! shows how much n00bs in this topics knows. Its A filipino comic commercially available only in the phillipines.
totally spies is french.
And as far as hitokage has said yes how do they try to make it look like it came from japan? Is there a label underneath that says "made in japan"?
As far as I have known both shows including teen titans have neither stated that nor evidence pointed out that they came from japan.

France have made many enjoyable non-japanese Anime .. I remember 'Ze Ulysse 31' that show rocked! 3nodding Totally Spies however is not one of France better animations.

Here is of link to a page that shows some info on Ze Ulysse 31

http://www.animenation.net/links/pages/Series/U/Ulysses_31/index.php
jayp
The Japanese shouldn't be copying American animation. You know they ripped off Bruce Tim's style when they created Big O. They took expressions and jestures from South Park, when creating FLCL.. and have you seen Dead Leaves?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. <--- "Fake American Cartoon"

FLCL Was a big parody ... you can't take that show seriously. They stole stuff from pretty much everyone, hell they even advertised the fact when one of the characters dressed as Lupin.
As for stealing the style from Big O? I think it's the other way around.. just take a look at the old anime called Voltron and you'll see what I mean.
They're americanized. THey shouldn't be called anime......more like cartoons
Polaris_Seres
They're americanized. THey shouldn't be called anime......more like cartoons

anime CAN BE cartoons too.
Here, let me settle this for all parties:

Anime can be any kind of animation. This is true. But one might safely assume that when one says 'anime', they're talknig about Japanese animation, as in animation from Japan.

The general meaning of 'anime' is Japanese animation. There, it's been said.
Valca
Here, let me settle this for all parties:

Anime can be any kind of animation. This is true. But one might safely assume that when one says 'anime', they're talknig about Japanese animation, as in animation from Japan.

The general meaning of 'anime' is Japanese animation. There, it's been said.
When I say 'anime' I mean all animation. When I say J-anime, I mean Japanese animation.
Anto J Lareneg
Is there such thing as 'fake' anime?

anime = cartoons
cartoons = anime

So how could they be fake cartoons? are they not animated or something? 0_o

What they mean is that cartoons like totally spies and Martin Myseries are made by a canadian company instead of a japanese company and they stole stuff like sweat drops, stress marks, falling down suddenly and so on. Those are just awful because they belong to japanese anime.
Trying to explain the truth to those thick headed nitwits is rather useless now. Its like trying to talk to a brick wall of stupidity.
Genlei
..There is this lame one coming on saturday morning cartoons.. called WINX or something.. it look's like a really weird/dumb Sailormoon type rip off. Plus I don't lile totally spies..actually.. its just the voices that annoy me in that one.

You mean 'The WINX club' ??

http://foxbox.tv/winx/show.php

xd
I don't think they have ripped off Sailor Moon though.. looks more like they have ripped off the comic W.I.T.C.H which in itself is a rippoff of the whole magical girl concept.. but atleast when it comes to W.I.T.C.H the enemies and characters didn't have names like... Icy and Stormy crying
Mass Dahn
jayp
The Japanese shouldn't be copying American animation. You know they ripped off Bruce Tim's style when they created Big O. They took expressions and jestures from South Park, when creating FLCL.. and have you seen Dead Leaves?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. <--- "Fake American Cartoon"

FLCL Was a big parody ... you can't take that show seriously. They stole stuff from pretty much everyone, hell they even advertised the fact when one of the characters dressed as Lupin.
As for stealing the style from Big O? I think it's the other way around.. just take a look at the old anime called Voltron and you'll see what I mean.

::rolls eyes:: Even the people that came up with your precious Inuyasha took from other anime. Just compare some pictures of Miroku and Shinji Ikari.
w.i.t.c.h. has a cool plot but is really bad anime!
They are just trying a new style! It's all for the better in the end.
sigh there is no such thing as fake anime, besides, the only reason the people would use the japanese animation style is because its obviously popular, so they would do it to increase there profits. Its obvious some of those "wanna be anime" shows have done quite well, or they wouldn't still be appearing on television.
witch but both is bad... xp
niruto
there both bullcrap

i would have to agree with u there

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items