Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Hero

Best:
******** this
User Image
Reuben Langdon and Johnny Yong Bosch playing with my Dante and Nero figures. emotion_dowant
They also signed them. Best day of my life.

Worst: Really, nothing too bad has come out of the conventions I've gone to.
Maybe a bad blister on my right foot at Phoenix Comicon 2011 but nothing too terrible.
Also maybe nearly losing the 10 volumes of Dragon Knights I bought.
Luckily they were still at the vendor I left them at by accident.

Fuzzy Noob

10,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
AIfred the Great
-_ChickenBiscuitJr_-cbjr
The saddest con I ever went to was the one in Monterey, CA. Yea, it's so bad, I can't remember the name. Granted it was their first one, but you should never put it in the same timeline as Comic-Con. Bad timing guys.

I went to New York Animefest and Comic-Con was there too... very disappointing. Comic-Con had all but swallowed up Animefest and pushed it to a little corner. >.>
You know what's sad? I was looking for anime fest EVERYWHERE. xD

Dapper Explorer

9,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Khraleon
Best:
******** this
User Image
Reuben Langdon and Johnny Yong Bosch playing with my Dante and Nero figures. emotion_dowant
They also signed them. Best day of my life.

Worst: Really, nothing too bad has come out of the conventions I've gone to.
Maybe a bad blister on my right foot at Phoenix Comicon 2011 but nothing too terrible.
Also maybe nearly losing the 10 volumes of Dragon Knights I bought.
Luckily they were still at the vendor I left them at by accident.

Dude you live in AZ too? Maybe I'll see you a PCC this year!

Demonic Hero

Xilos_0

Yup, lived here my whole life.
And maybe. I'm not too sure if I'm gonna go this year.

I want to but it depends if I'll even have the money.
And if I do, I usually wander around just taking pictures.

Dapper Explorer

9,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Khraleon
Xilos_0

Yup, lived here my whole life.
And maybe. I'm not too sure if I'm gonna go this year.

I want to but it depends if I'll even have the money.
And if I do, I usually wander around just taking pictures.

Just checked the guest list and they've got some nice people.

Star Trek Next gen
William Shatner
Quinton flynn - Axel from Kh2
Vic mignogna
Chris Patton
Phil Lamarr - samurai jack,

not sure if I want to got either

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
U.U;;

Best & Worst: I met Scott McNeil several years ago at a convention. It was my first time at a convention so I had no idea what to expect. When I went up to get my autograph he asked me what my favourite character was and I responded "Goku from Saiyuki". DUUUUUUUUUR... XD He stared at me for a couple sections when it finally clicked 'OMG he meant one of HIS characters...' again... DUUUUUUUUUUUR...so I quickly corrected myself and chose Duo from Gundam Wing. Luckily, he was really nice about it and we got into an "argument" over who was more awesome. I said he was awesome and he insisted that I was, in fact, awesome. ^_^ Glad everything turned out okay. I still feel really stupid over what happened.
Wyrn
Worst: Being told I was going to hell by a Yaoi fan girl that did not like the fact that I was gay.

Best: Meeting Harold Sakuishi in person and having him personally sign my Beck CDs. I NEVER have my collection signed. I wanted his.

Isn't that hypocritical of them? neutral Why the hell is she reading yaoi then if she has a problem with gay people?

Worst:I remember some girl was being a b***h because she brought some pet with her (a ferret or a weasel, I forgot. I believe and I think you need a license to own them here). She was yelling and cussing at people for asking what it was and at people for reporting her as she left the poor thing in a car in the hot sun all day. On top of that, she for an extremely Skippy costume that barely covered or fit her and wasn't flattering on her at all. It broke some of the con rules as it was supposed to be a family con and there were kids there.

Best: The first time I cosplayed. I worn my Kyo from the band Dir en grey costume that I made myself (my first one, it was the red outfit from the Osaka Jo-Hall concert). It was cool that a lot of people recognized it, complimented me and asked for pictures as that usually never happens.

Dangerous Visionary

Worst: I was on a tight budget on had to pass on all the good deals. Forgot that Vic Mcderp was there because I went to Jack In Box and miss his panel so I still have no opinion about that guy. xd

Best: Meeting the Asian Black Power Ranger "He's a frog" emotion_awesome JYB and learning how much control the Japanese companies have over our poor dubbing companies here in the west and hearing his band. emotion_bigheart Runner up is meeting Kid Trunk/Lust/Sana/and a billion other characters Mrs. Bailey herself and doing the fusion dance. Also learn what a choke hold the Japanese studios have on our poor NA companies. (It was my first con so it has a special place in my heart)

Quotable Conversationalist

4,300 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Best: Anime Improv panels. All the laughs. All of them.

Worst: Being hit on by an older man...while my mom was standing right beside me. I'm surprised she still lets me go to cons after that ordeal sweatdrop
when i went to an anime dating game as squall from ff8 and it came to the point when the host would hold her hand over each contestant and the crowd would cheer for how much they liked them and when it she went over me not one person made a noise. i could hear the arcade outside the large room perfectly..

Premium Gaian

sinfully_cute
Yukineko no Kurai
Worst: When I went to a Sailor Moon something-or-other Show and they were all waaay overweight in short skirts. Panty shots I never wanted to see. Oh, and yaoi fangirls.

Best: Went to Vic Mignogna"s first and last ever 'Vic Mignogna Shares Too Much' panel.

I'm jealous. The 18+ share-too-much-panels are great. Nabeshin crashed one I went to, it was hilarious. My best moments have been meeting favorite VAs, seeing cosplays, winning stuff at anime jeopardy, and going to panels where you actually learn something.

Worst moments? There was one time I cosplayed all day and NO ONE actually recognized my character or said anything. I got tired of it and changed, and FIVE minutes later this retard fat guy comes up behind me and hugs me. I got all pissed, but maybe if it happened five minutes before I would have cut him a tiny bit of slack. Then again, if I asked if he hugged me because he recognized my character and he said no, I would've ******** smacked him. xp

Nabeshin?..As in the person that was part of the Excel Saga, or someone cosplayed as him?
Elizabeta Héderváry

Worst: Cosplaying as Russia, only for an over-zealous Belarus to run at me and yank on my scarf, nearly choking me. Dx
Best: First time meeting Vic Mignogna. I was cosplaying the 2003 FMA anime's Wrath and I wasn't wearing my glasses, so when I finally was able to see him when I got to the front of the autograph line, I was suddenly really nervous and started shaking a bit. He rounded around the table and gave me a big hug, telling me how much he loved my cosplay. c:

User Image User Image

Blessed Seeker

Best: getting KANAME's signature, cosplaying as Kirisame Marisa and meeting a bunch of other awesome Touhou cosplayers.

Worst: well, the above was my only one so far...

Dapper Ladykiller

Marshmlow1
sinfully_cute
Yukineko no Kurai
Worst: When I went to a Sailor Moon something-or-other Show and they were all waaay overweight in short skirts. Panty shots I never wanted to see. Oh, and yaoi fangirls.

Best: Went to Vic Mignogna"s first and last ever 'Vic Mignogna Shares Too Much' panel.

I'm jealous. The 18+ share-too-much-panels are great. Nabeshin crashed one I went to, it was hilarious. My best moments have been meeting favorite VAs, seeing cosplays, winning stuff at anime jeopardy, and going to panels where you actually learn something.

Worst moments? There was one time I cosplayed all day and NO ONE actually recognized my character or said anything. I got tired of it and changed, and FIVE minutes later this retard fat guy comes up behind me and hugs me. I got all pissed, but maybe if it happened five minutes before I would have cut him a tiny bit of slack. Then again, if I asked if he hugged me because he recognized my character and he said no, I would've ******** smacked him. xp

Nabeshin?..As in the person that was part of the Excel Saga, or someone cosplayed as him?

The real Nabeshin, aka Shinichi Watanabe, the director of Excel Saga and the Wallflower who likes to insert himself into anime.

OG GO

I've only been to one convention and it was really fun. I'd like to go to another
3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces