Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Girl

11,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Worst: Nerd wanted to take my picture (I was cosplaying Hanyuu from Higurashi) and said "pose for oniichan". Also, I was almost ran over by a Sasuke cosplayer once.

Best: I got to meet Hyde from L'arc/VAMPS. biggrin .
            Best: Hosting a panel about drawing and telling a bunch of weeaboos that if they want to stop being so horrible they should stop drawing animus and start focusing on ******** life drawings.

Worst: ...I don't think I've ever had a truly bad con experience, to be honest.

Liberal Smoker

5,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Best: The first con I went to with just me and my friend, without my mom, so I was able to act like a big weeaboo nerd for a day.

Worst: Showing up to a con only to find out I was so far out of the niche that there was nothing I wanted to buy at all.

Dapper Ladykiller

Yukineko no Kurai
Worst: When I went to a Sailor Moon something-or-other Show and they were all waaay overweight in short skirts. Panty shots I never wanted to see. Oh, and yaoi fangirls.

Best: Went to Vic Mignogna"s first and last ever 'Vic Mignogna Shares Too Much' panel.

I'm jealous. The 18+ share-too-much-panels are great. Nabeshin crashed one I went to, it was hilarious. My best moments have been meeting favorite VAs, seeing cosplays, winning stuff at anime jeopardy, and going to panels where you actually learn something.

Worst moments? There was one time I cosplayed all day and NO ONE actually recognized my character or said anything. I got tired of it and changed, and FIVE minutes later this retard fat guy comes up behind me and hugs me. I got all pissed, but maybe if it happened five minutes before I would have cut him a tiny bit of slack. Then again, if I asked if he hugged me because he recognized my character and he said no, I would've ******** smacked him. xp

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I didn't have any bad con experience when I went to AX07, but I was annoyed at the lack of communication between the staff members. We were waiting in line for the SKIN concert, and there was supposed to be two lines: one for general admission tickets and one for people with pre-paid tickets. Well, they kept making us with general admission tickets move here and there because they couldn't agree on where our line should be, and seeing how it was already incredibly hot outside, it was annoying.
Worst: Seeing a bunch of people make death threats against a person because they didn't like the character he was cosplaying. The staff did nothing about it when that is the sort of thing that should get you kicked out. Even though it wasn't against me, it still really scared me.

At the same con, I had housekeeping come into my room around midnight. The hotel claimed they have nighttime housekeeping for vacant rooms and they must have not gotten an updated list of which rooms were vacant. There's no excuse for that. This is why I skipped that con the following year. I did come back the year after that, they since moved to a better hotel and gained more caring staff.

Best: Winning "Most In-Character" at Bishie Con's cosplay contest.
Best: Having an incredibly accurate Alice In Wonderland Group Cosplay and getting about a million pictures taken of us.
Worst: Getting slightly molested by a guy in a ***** costume who actually turned out to be a woman.

Generous Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
The saddest con I ever went to was the one in Monterey, CA. Yea, it's so bad, I can't remember the name. Granted it was their first one, but you should never put it in the same timeline as Comic-Con. Bad timing guys.
blackhayete13
Best: Having an incredibly accurate Alice In Wonderland Group Cosplay and getting about a million pictures taken of us.
Worst: Getting slightly molested by a guy in a ***** costume who actually turned out to be a woman.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sparkly Fatcat

The best con experience i had was when i saw a giant pocky box, and then i saw a mario who had the mario theme playing in his backpack while he was walking around
|D

Dangerous Hunter

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Worst: Being called names because i'm not skinny enough to deemed a decent cosplayer. Curves are curses apparantly.

Best: Meeting Vic Mignogna, because he genuinely took the time to talk to each one of us and sign pics and give autographs to myself and friends. It was nice to have a convosation with him about one of his earlier roles that is so overlooked because of mainstream anime.
Best: Dancing on stage during a rave with a Charlie Sheen cardboard cutout.
Worst: Nothing particularly bad comes to mind.

Desirable Capitalist

9,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
Best: As an America cosplayer, an England cosplayer and a Canada cosplayer came up to me out of nowhere and we became like best friends. We all walk into a panel together and are met by screaming girls. It was funny. They were all, "YAOIII NOWWW" and I said something like, "Hm, sorry ladies, this ain't an R-18 panel." They were all like FUU and the England and Canada were laughing so hard.

Worst: Before I got good glasses with no prescription (because I don't need glasses in the first place) to use for my cosplay, I was using my friend's actual glasses, that were a weak prescription... but apparently it was a bad idea because while running away from an angry China I heroicallytripped... I'd thought the ground had dipped down but it only looked that way because it was distorted by the glasses I was wearing... yeah. People, don't wear your friend's glasses while running. xD It hurt like a b***h though, that's why it was the worst. At least everyone thought it was in-character...

Desirable Capitalist

9,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
-_ChickenBiscuitJr_-cbjr
The saddest con I ever went to was the one in Monterey, CA. Yea, it's so bad, I can't remember the name. Granted it was their first one, but you should never put it in the same timeline as Comic-Con. Bad timing guys.

I went to New York Animefest and Comic-Con was there too... very disappointing. Comic-Con had all but swallowed up Animefest and pushed it to a little corner. >.>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff