15,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Asian Boyz Luv Me
its been so long though
Mahzuki
Asian Boyz Luv Me
Air GEAr is what truly got me into anime, from a small hobby to an obsession, ii am sad that the anime didnt end to well, i was hoping the manga would be more fulfilling, but have yet to find out
taira jonzu2
Are there any fans of the Air Gear anime/manga? I feel i am only one of a few fans of Air Gear though I'd love to be proven wrong. Fan or not what is your opinion of the series? I myself have always loved both the anime and manga. I originally watched the anime and seeing as it ends on a bit of an abrupt note I knew i had to see what became of it all so that took me to the manga which I began reading for a while and became all caught up on and read week to week until its eventual finish. I've always loved the concept of the show as well as the characters it brings forth. I'm not sure there's much i can criticize it besides its tendency to go from complete seriousness to literal toilet humor. Not to sound pretentious but I found it unnecessary and somewhat past the boundaries of what id tolerate for maturity in an anime or manga.

The anime should be continued!!!!

I don't care!!!! IT SHOULD CONTINUED!!!!

Greedy Giver

Mahzuki
Asian Boyz Luv Me
Air GEAr is what truly got me into anime, from a small hobby to an obsession, ii am sad that the anime didnt end to well, i was hoping the manga would be more fulfilling, but have yet to find out
taira jonzu2
Are there any fans of the Air Gear anime/manga? I feel i am only one of a few fans of Air Gear though I'd love to be proven wrong. Fan or not what is your opinion of the series? I myself have always loved both the anime and manga. I originally watched the anime and seeing as it ends on a bit of an abrupt note I knew i had to see what became of it all so that took me to the manga which I began reading for a while and became all caught up on and read week to week until its eventual finish. I've always loved the concept of the show as well as the characters it brings forth. I'm not sure there's much i can criticize it besides its tendency to go from complete seriousness to literal toilet humor. Not to sound pretentious but I found it unnecessary and somewhat past the boundaries of what id tolerate for maturity in an anime or manga.

I agree. It's a shame the anime ended just to serve the purpose of luring people into reading the manga. At the very least I'd like to see a dub of the three OVA's.

Enduring Cyclops

15,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
taira jonzu2
Mahzuki
Asian Boyz Luv Me
taira jonzu2

I agree. It's a shame the anime ended just to serve the purpose of luring people into reading the manga. At the very least I'd like to see a dub of the three OVA's.

Indeed! More Airgear!!!!!

8,350 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
oh god there are OVAs, i guess after my disappointment in the last episode i didnt care to check for any
taira jonzu2
Mahzuki
Asian Boyz Luv Me
taira jonzu2

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
taira jonzu2
Mahzuki
Asian Boyz Luv Me
taira jonzu2

Except it was hardly based on the manga really.

Not to mention not many people even knew that the manga existed or at least on tumblr when it concerns rping :s

Greedy Giver

Astra Green
taira jonzu2
Mahzuki
Asian Boyz Luv Me
taira jonzu2

Not to mention not many people even knew that the manga existed or at least on tumblr when it concerns rping :s

Well the early manga chapters and anime weren't exactly parallel but the basics were there.

Unfortunately the Community surrounding Air Gear isn't as strong as most of us probably agree it should be. I'd have to say your Air Gear experience is no where near its peak until you've read the manga. And so many people being unaware that it even exists just disappoints me. It's always struck me as one of those anime/manga that was severely under rated.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
taira jonzu2
Astra Green
taira jonzu2
Mahzuki
Asian Boyz Luv Me
taira jonzu2

Well the early manga chapters and anime weren't exactly parallel but the basics were there.

Unfortunately the Community surrounding Air Gear isn't as strong as most of us probably agree it should be. I'd have to say your Air Gear experience is no where near its peak until you've read the manga. And so many people being unaware that it even exists just disappoints me. It's always struck me as one of those anime/manga that was severely under rated.

It was like FMA 2004.

Tell me about it. It's hard roleplaying with people who only choose Ikki, Kazu, Agito/Akito Wanijima and Simca. It got to the point that on my first go around, me and a few friends had to make Hako, Benkei, Kururu, Om, Kanon, Plughead, etc to try and even things up :S

Greedy Giver

Asian Boyz Luv Me
oh god there are OVAs, i guess after my disappointment in the last episode i didnt care to check for any
taira jonzu2
Mahzuki
Asian Boyz Luv Me
taira jonzu2

Here's a link to the first OVA subbed if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzRQYVPTLPw

I'd recommend reading the manga first though. The OVA's kind of just jump forward to cover things that happen much later in the manga. Except the first one I believe which happens about 10 to 20 chapters after where the anime ended and the 2nd and 3rd take place probably 100 chapters after that. If you were to watch the OVA's first you may be a bit lost cause they don't do a great job at explaining the characters that are brought in or how exactly the plot has developed.

Greedy Giver

Astra Green
taira jonzu2
Astra Green
taira jonzu2
Mahzuki

It was like FMA 2004.

Tell me about it. It's hard roleplaying with people who only choose Ikki, Kazu, Agito/Akito Wanijima and Simca. It got to the point that on my first go around, me and a few friends had to make Hako, Benkei, Kururu, Om, Kanon, Plughead, etc to try and even things up :S

Damn. It can't be too fun when half the people can't even keep up lol. I've never been much of an avid RPer myself though but with air gear i can only imagine the possibilities especially with characters like
Agito/Akito/Lind(Gazelle).
btw I've now seen your Ringo, Simca, and Agito cosplays and I've gotta say each time they've been superb, I love em.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
taira jonzu2
Astra Green
taira jonzu2
Astra Green
taira jonzu2
Mahzuki

It was like FMA 2004.

Damn. It can't be too fun when half the people can't even keep up lol. I've never been much of an avid RPer myself though but with air gear i can only imagine the possibilities especially with characters like
btw I've now seen your Ringo, Simca, and Agito cosplays and I've gotta say each time they've been superb, I love em.
We've managed to keep up lol. It got to the point when me and the original Kazu started to call them alien clones because it was just maddening as to how many there were.

Thank you. I just wish they scored higher in the arena and placed. But it's either a combination of people not knowing about Air Gear or they dislike me so they downvote me. huehue.

Greedy Giver

Astra Green
taira jonzu2
Astra Green
taira jonzu2
Astra Green

It was like FMA 2004.

We've managed to keep up lol. It got to the point when me and the original Kazu started to call them alien clones because it was just maddening as to how many there were.

Thank you. I just wish they scored higher in the arena and placed. But it's either a combination of people not knowing about Air Gear or they dislike me so they downvote me. huehue.

Sounds intense xd

Well I gave your Genesis Simca a full 5 stars. I think you have a great attention to detail with all your cosplays. Like instead of the skates you put on Agito or Ringo you used the boots for Simca to look just like her ball roller AT's. I imagine that's the closest you could get to being an exact gaia replica. The only reason it's not perfect is because gaia doesn't have the appropriate items rofl 3nodding

HoIly's Bae

Romantic Gawker

8,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I love, love, LOVED that anime awhile back, even went so far as naming a guild in Tera after their group. sweatdrop

8,350 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
well that sucks, is there a sight to read to manga? or should i just buckle down and buy it
taira jonzu2
Asian Boyz Luv Me
taira jonzu2
Mahzuki
Asian Boyz Luv Me
taira jonzu2

Here's a link to the first OVA subbed if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzRQYVPTLPw

I'd recommend reading the manga first though. The OVA's kind of just jump forward to cover things that happen much later in the manga. Except the first one I believe which happens about 10 to 20 chapters after where the anime ended and the 2nd and 3rd take place probably 100 chapters after that. If you were to watch the OVA's first you may be a bit lost cause they don't do a great job at explaining the characters that are brought in or how exactly the plot has developed.
i loved it to be honest loved roller blading as a kid so i was really drawn into it, have to dig out the anime and rewatch it

Greedy Giver

Asian Boyz Luv Me
well that sucks, is there a sight to read to manga? or should i just buckle down and buy it
taira jonzu2
Asian Boyz Luv Me
taira jonzu2
Mahzuki

I'd recommend either mangahere or mangafox. Here are some links to each sites respective Air Gear page. Both of them have all 357 chapters.
Mangahere: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/air_gear/
Mangafox: http://mangafox.me/manga/air_gear/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas