Welcome to Gaia! ::

KosmosOmega's Significant Otter

Vicious Warlord

10,475 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
I may be alone in thinking this, but i just couldn't get into the manga at all. I loved the anime because while it felt balanced..had its serious moments, it's ecchi moments, absolutely hilarious moments..nothing felt too overdone.

A friend of mine kept up with the manga and every little bit I heard about it just killed my interest more and more..people dying left and right, everything getting serious and over the top..mechs and oracles and all kind of crazy nonsense..for me it just felt like it had a nice balance then they decided to take everything WAY out of left field and just run with it.

Maybe he was just highlighting the more serious or crazier moments but..eh I just liked it how it began.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Kassus
I may be alone in thinking this, but i just couldn't get into the manga at all. I loved the anime because while it felt balanced..had its serious moments, it's ecchi moments, absolutely hilarious moments..nothing felt too overdone.

A friend of mine kept up with the manga and every little bit I heard about it just killed my interest more and more..people dying left and right, everything getting serious and over the top..mechs and oracles and all kind of crazy nonsense..for me it just felt like it had a nice balance then they decided to take everything WAY out of left field and just run with it.

Maybe he was just highlighting the more serious or crazier moments but..eh I just liked it how it began.
Except the anime wasn't balanced. They threw in random crap.

The manga was actually good and balanced. It gives a deeper look into the characters, if you don't read it then you won't have all of their character development :s

I think you should give it a chance, it gets a lot better towards the end and it's action packed.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Tenchi Misaki1
i loved it to be honest loved roller blading as a kid so i was really drawn into it, have to dig out the anime and rewatch it
You should read the manga and watch the OVA too :3

5,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Air Gear's pretty damn nice I watched and read it back in middle school but was too lazy to finish the manga after the anime ended so abruptly like the creator did with Tenjou Tenge(sp?). I only wish he continued the animation, for those with a lack of concentration to read it. razz

8,350 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
Thank you I'll forever be in love
taira jonzu2
Asian Boyz Luv Me
well that sucks, is there a sight to read to manga? or should i just buckle down and buy it
taira jonzu2
Asian Boyz Luv Me
oh god there are OVAs, i guess after my disappointment in the last episode i didnt care to check for any
taira jonzu2
Mahzuki

The anime should be continued!!!!

I agree. It's a shame the anime ended just to serve the purpose of luring people into reading the manga. At the very least I'd like to see a dub of the three OVA's.

Here's a link to the first OVA subbed if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzRQYVPTLPw

I'd recommend reading the manga first though. The OVA's kind of just jump forward to cover things that happen much later in the manga. Except the first one I believe which happens about 10 to 20 chapters after where the anime ended and the 2nd and 3rd take place probably 100 chapters after that. If you were to watch the OVA's first you may be a bit lost cause they don't do a great job at explaining the characters that are brought in or how exactly the plot has developed.

I'd recommend either mangahere or mangafox. Here are some links to each sites respective Air Gear page. Both of them have all 357 chapters.
Mangahere: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/air_gear/
Mangafox: http://mangafox.me/manga/air_gear/

KosmosOmega's Significant Otter

Vicious Warlord

10,475 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
Astra Green
Kassus

Except the anime wasn't balanced. They threw in random crap.

The manga was actually good and balanced. It gives a deeper look into the characters, if you don't read it then you won't have all of their character development :s

I think you should give it a chance, it gets a lot better towards the end and it's action packed.

Its alright. I can't really put it into words well, but i'll just leave it at That i prefer if it went down a slightly different road than it did. I read some of it a while back and for the life of me just couldn't get into it. Its been years since i watched it so i just accepted how it turned out. Maybe i'll give it a shot again some day, my friend has kind of a habit of exaggerating things.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
LtSplewgie
Air Gear's pretty damn nice I watched and read it back in middle school but was too lazy to finish the manga after the anime ended so abruptly like the creator did with Tenjou Tenge(sp?). I only wish he continued the animation, for those with a lack of concentration to read it. razz

I don't think it's up to Ogure but more up to whoever picked it up. Though I prefered if they let someone like GoHands or the people that did the OVA to remake the anime that was it follows the manga more. That would be cool.

Greedy Giver

Astra Green
LtSplewgie

I don't think it's up to Ogure but more up to whoever picked it up. Though I prefered if they let someone like GoHands or the people that did the OVA to remake the anime that was it follows the manga more. That would be cool.

An FMA: Brotherhood treatment for Air Gear would be pretty sweet. I just don't feel like a remake would make it any more popular than the last iteration unfortunately. Although i would hope it would. At the moment I've watched all the anime + OVA's and read all of the manga and i still need more Air Gear so i don't know how I'll satisfy my thirst for it unless something more comes along.

Greedy Giver

Asian Boyz Luv Me
Thank you I'll forever be in love
taira jonzu2
Asian Boyz Luv Me
well that sucks, is there a sight to read to manga? or should i just buckle down and buy it
taira jonzu2
Asian Boyz Luv Me
oh god there are OVAs, i guess after my disappointment in the last episode i didnt care to check for any

Here's a link to the first OVA subbed if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzRQYVPTLPw

I'd recommend reading the manga first though. The OVA's kind of just jump forward to cover things that happen much later in the manga. Except the first one I believe which happens about 10 to 20 chapters after where the anime ended and the 2nd and 3rd take place probably 100 chapters after that. If you were to watch the OVA's first you may be a bit lost cause they don't do a great job at explaining the characters that are brought in or how exactly the plot has developed.

I'd recommend either mangahere or mangafox. Here are some links to each sites respective Air Gear page. Both of them have all 357 chapters.
Mangahere: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/air_gear/
Mangafox: http://mangafox.me/manga/air_gear/

Not a problem. Always happy to point someone in the right direction.

5,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Astra Green
LtSplewgie

Oh, that would be nice though I agree.

Astral Phantom

Hmm i liked it at first. It was cool the roller skating. Reminded me of a video game with that and spray paint xD Anyways Dunno the humor was idiotic and some parts were gay which completley shattered my expectations. So i never went back to it. Cant remembrr much of it anymore

Greedy Giver

Harmonic Tune
Hmm i liked it at first. It was cool the roller skating. Reminded me of a video game with that and spray paint xD Anyways Dunno the humor was idiotic and some parts were gay which completley shattered my expectations. So i never went back to it. Cant remembrr much of it anymore

I believe the game you're referring to is Jet Set Radio

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
taira jonzu2
Astra Green
LtSplewgie

An FMA: Brotherhood treatment for Air Gear would be pretty sweet. I just don't feel like a remake would make it any more popular than the last iteration unfortunately. Although i would hope it would. At the moment I've watched all the anime + OVA's and read all of the manga and i still need more Air Gear so i don't know how I'll satisfy my thirst for it unless something more comes along.
It might pull more people into it than the original anime did or so I hope :p

Greedy Giver

Astra Green
taira jonzu2
Astra Green
LtSplewgie

It might pull more people into it than the original anime did or so I hope :p

It's certainly not too late for them to do so but sadly we're only speaking in hypotheticals at the moment.

Astral Phantom

taira jonzu2
Harmonic Tune

I believe the game you're referring to is Jet Set Radio

Yup

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas