Welcome to Gaia! ::

User ImageUser Image

Lydia turned to Anabella, and to the detective whose name she still hadn't caught, and, in hushed tones, said, "I've got the perfect way for you to get your feet wet in the spy game, if you're interested. See, I've got some coded messages here that I haven't had time to do because we've been swamped with work lately. Don't be intimidated if you've never worked with codes before; these are simple enough to get you used to the idea. If you're interested, take a peek at the Training Exercises post on our bulletin board and look at Assignment #1, "Spy Scribes." I've got a name for you to decode using the alphabet cipher I've posted up there. Anyone game? The winner gets a reward. Sheila has 5000 gold for the first person to decode each name."

Codebreaking Investigator

She watched the spy walk off, then heard the trenchcoat woman, Anabella was apparently her name, talk about decoding a message. The detective nodded, "Might as well, ah could use a little mind exercise, ah've been feelin' a little sluggish since ah came 'ere. Kind'ah sleepy... Den again, it's dah dream world, what should ah 'ave 'spected?"

She then looked over her shoulder, she felt like they were being watched... Then again, this is a spy agency, of course they were being watched. But, this felt different? She shrugged it off for the moment, putting her attention on Anabella.

Barton Citizen

User Image

User Image

Ciphers, hidden names... knowledge hidden behind a veil, begging to be uncloaked. Dreams had a way of dragging someone in with information like that. She watched, still lurking (as much as one made of a shiny material could) near by,

Shameless Player

11,050 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Champion 300
Anabella nearly choked on her coffee when she saw a pale blue streak of light across the room. Rubbing her eyes and blaming the hallucination on a dangerous mix of caffeine and imagination, she turned to Lydia eagerly. Codes and ciphers were a particular interest of hers.

"I'd love to give it a try. What have you got?"
User ImageUser Image

"Well," Lydia said, "it just so happens that we need this list of spy novelists decoded, and--" she broke off abruptly as the door opened and the glass lady herself sauntered in. "Don't look now, but the enemy just infiltrated our HQ. Remember, this is just a bar and we're just a few chums having a little drink and catching up."

She listened until Lydia grew silent, then her voice became hushed, and the private eye briefly glanced around the room to find that the Glass Lady had indeed entered. She recognized her as the woman from the ball, shimmering, glowing, almost mesmerizing, but she pulled her eyes away and listened to Anabelle, giving her a shallow nod and going to sit on a bar stool.

"Oh yeah, 'ave ya heard da news bout Edmund's shop over in Durem? A shame, dat. Had da best trenchcoats..."

Shameless Player

11,050 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Champion 300
Anabella inwardly breathed a sigh of relief at the fact that she had not been imagining things. She ordered an extra-dry martini and turned back to Lydia, attempting to look as casual and unaffected as possible.

"So, let me see that...reading list you were talking about?"

Barton Citizen

User Image

User Image

As if she would ever want to stop the progress of dreams. Perhaps this secretive story would be better without her watch. Slowly blinking her empty eyes, she made her way out of the story... for now.
User ImageUser Image

Seeing the glass lady leave the room, Lydia breathed a sigh of relief and continued, "Our sources have discovered a list of writers who wrote stories about some of our agents. The list has been encoded and broken down, with an alphabet cipher as the basis. On our bulletin board post marked "Training Exercises," ((on the first page of this thread) "under the page labelled "Assignment #1," you'll see the basic alphabet code. 1=A, 2=B, and so on down the line. We need you to decode each set of coded letters so we can get the names of these writers. If you're interested"--she reached into her briefcase and pulled out a small slip of paper with typewritten numbers on it--"here's the first clue."

The typewritten numbers on the paper were as follows:
"9,1,14
6,12,5,13,9,14,7"

"So how about it? What do you make of it?"

((So sorry for the delay in posting...my Internet browsers are excruciatingly slow today and there's a lot of activity today. Thank you for being patient! ^_^))

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
This is my kind of thread.

Hello Agent Zi og the GiB reporting.

(It's fine. c: )

"Hmm..." The detective then took out a small notebook from her coat and began to write, every once in a while silently counting on her fingers to double check she got the letter right. After a few minutes, she smiled slightly as she saw the name.

"...Ian Fleming, eh, Mac? A classic spy novelist if dere ever was one..."

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
"Ian Fleming"?

Shameless Player

11,050 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Champion 300
"Ian Fleming, okay. Are we to transmit the solutions to Sheila in the future?"
User ImageUser Image

"Ian Fleming is correct! And you don't have to tell Sheila the answers...just PM them to me and I'll tell her when she gets back."

Glancing at the watch she carried in one of her coat pockets, Lydia gasped, "Oh dear, I let the time get away from me! Got a meeting with a contact...but do please stay and chat. Just remember--and I'm sure you know--'what you do here, what you say here, what you see here: Let it stay here,'" she finished, quoting a wartime phrase. "There are enemy agents everywhere, and even the most innocent-sounding words could mean life or death. Well...ciao for now, my lovelies!" And with a little wave, she swished out of the building.

((So sorry for disappearing again; my stupid computer decided to arbitrarily drop the wireless feed AGAIN so I had to restart it. If I seem to log off suddenly, it's not me being rude, it's this machine! >.< ))

((Things are going to get a little hectic in the fantasy room where I'm playing my other character, so I won't be posting in here for a few minutes. But please do stay! ♥ I'll be back ASAP!))
It seems that Olivia has begun a book hunt to find a book that will help her with her machine in the School room after discovering that the library has not been kept in order. The hunt has since concluded, and with the exception of Auroki crashing into the school, things are returning to their normalizing state.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff