Welcome to Gaia! ::

Light Kail

User ImageUser Image

"That's the spirit, hon'!" Lydia chuckled. "Hey all you new agents, listen up: I've got another coded message on our spy scribes list, with the alphabet code. You know, the code where 1=A, 2=B, and so on. First one to decipher it and send me a PM gets 5000 gold from Sheila, courtesy of the Agency!"

Pulling another slip of paper out of her briefcase, she held it up and said, "Anybody who wants do help me crack the code should take a look at this."

The typewritten numbers on the paper read:

"10,15,19,5,16,8
3,15,14,18,1,4"

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Dalvar
The Iron Magus

TIM smiles. "That we do. Good to see you, Agent Dalvar. Noticed many other agents wandering around?"
"Awwww..." It's almost a whine. "You recognized me...?" She runs her hand through her hair and pouts before grinning. "Only at the temp HQ. Zi looks as stunning as always." She looks around at the darkened scene. "Might be able to draw the others out with promises of codes to crack, though."

"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Codebreaking was never my forte, but I know we've got some talented Agents running around somewhere who might like taking a crack at it.

TIM studies Dalvar's appearance. "Hmm. Now that you mention it, you do look a bit different.

...did you do something with your hair?"

Crystalloid

"Sorry, honey, I'm afraid I don't, but tell me more. I love stories," she responded pleasantly, only to catch sight of their resident detective waking up by the bar, apparently. Anything was possible in a dream, it seemed.

Agent TIM frowns. "Really? Large-scale alien invasion? Flying saucers crowding the night sky? A horrendous abomination created by a fusion of Gaian and Alien technology? Our free will, and the fate of our entire planet hanging in the balance? Cows standing in triangles?

...none of that rings any bells?"

Waaurufu Private Eye
The Iron Magus

Agent TIM notices a scruffy drunk waking up from her alcohol-induced stupor at the bar. "Hey there, buddy. Have a few too many?"

The she-wolf's ears twitched angrily, but her face remained stoic. "Ah dun drink, Mac. It's dis dream world dat's gotten tah me, makin' me feel sluggish an' all." She folded her arms and gave the agent a glare. "An' who's you s'posed tah me?"

"My mistake. You see someone asleep at a bar, and you make certain assumptions. I never touch the stuff, either. Doesn't really do much for me, ever since I lost my pulse, anyway." He reaches out for a handshake. "I'm Agent TIM of the GiB. Nice to meet you."

Codebreaking Cosmonaut

The Iron Magus
"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Codebreaking was never my forte, but I know we've got some talented Agents running around somewhere who might like taking a crack at it.

TIM studies Dalvar's appearance. "Hmm. Now that you mention it, you do look a bit different.

"These codes ain't no thing, TIM." Dalvar smiles as she scribbles a note before folding to in to a paper-airplane and sending it sailing to the woman in the tan coat. "But people will probably be interested, anyway."

"...Yes..."
She stares at him for a long moment.
"Yes, that's exactly what I did. I did something to my hair. Do you like it?"

Timid Explorer

User ImageUser Image

If she hadn't been wearing large, impermeable shades, he might have been able to see Sheila blink once or twice through the blank stare she gave him, a slight frown of her own dragging her lips' corners. Dream people were not well-versed in such things, as it were.

"Sorry, Agent TIM," she shrugged, her attentive ears allowing her the use of his name, "I don't hear no church bells, no jingle bells, no nothing."

But the brunette's focus shifted for a moment as Lydia announced something about codes that needed breaking--and the reward that came with it. Sheila grinned. "My dear Ms. Blaise is right, everybody. Crack that code, and you shall be paid handsomely."

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Dalvar
The Iron Magus

"These codes ain't no thing, TIM." Dalvar smiles as she scribbles a note before folding to in to a paper-airplane and sending it sailing to the woman in the tan coat. "But people will probably be interested, anyway."

"...Yes..."
She stares at him for a long moment.
"Yes, that's exactly what I did. I did something to my hair. Do you like it?"

"I do, I do. So much more color... and... body, than before." He grins.

Codebreaking Investigator

The Iron Magus

"My mistake. You see someone asleep at a bar, and you make certain assumptions. I never touch the stuff, either. Doesn't really do much for me, ever since I lost my pulse, anyway." He reaches out for a handshake. "I'm Agent TIM of the GiB. Nice to meet you."

Her lips twitched at the word 'assumptions,' thinking that not a very spy-esque thing to do. Still, she took the agent's hand and gave it a shake. "Detective Waaurufu Jones, at yer service, Mac. Ah've heard of you GiB lot, chasin' after dem green-skinned aliens." She then paused a moment. "Yah dun gotta pulse, huh? Can ah safely... assume... yer undead?"
Dalvar

User ImageUser Image

Catching a paper airplane in her hand, Lydia unfolded the paper and read the words "JOSEPH CONRAD." Turning to the lady who sent it, Lydia beamed and said, "Excellent work, Agent! What's your name, hon'? Sheila's gonna want to know about your codebreaking skills!"

((Crystal, please add Dalvar to the winners' list and send the 5k! ^_^))

Timid Explorer

(( Gladly! It is done. ))

Wealthy Tycoon

3,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
i like this agency so far the last agency i was at was ran by a lousy detective who had a child solving all his crimes for him *chuckles to himself*

Codebreaking Cosmonaut

The Iron Magus
"It's my new shampoo." The alien said, keeping her face perfectly straight. "So, I was thinking we should-"
Cielne

"Agent Dalvar, GiB." The woman nods, grinning. "Code like that is my business. Well, that and explosions. Well. And paperwork. Don't get me started on the paperwork."

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Crystalloid

If she hadn't been wearing large, impermeable shades, he might have been able to see Sheila blink once or twice through the blank stare she gave him, a slight frown of her own dragging her lips' corners. Dream people were not well-versed in such things, as it were.

"Sorry, Agent TIM," she shrugged, her attentive ears allowing her the use of his name, "I don't hear no church bells, no jingle bells, no nothing."

TIM raises an eyebrow. "Hm. You're not from around here, are you? Or... wait.

"Maybe you are from around here... and I'm the one that's not. Not sure where we are, to be honest. I came here to have a few energy drinks and relax... then there was that business with the glass lady, and the sand... and from there, I kinda my sense of direction. We are still on Gaia, aren't we? Or did those glass portals take me further than I thought?"

Waaurufu Private Eye

Her lips twitched at the word 'assumptions,' thinking that not a very spy-esque thing to do. Still, she took the agent's hand and gave it a shake. "Detective Waaurufu Jones, at yer service, Mac. Ah've heard of you GiB lot, chasin' after dem green-skinned aliens." She then paused a moment. "Yah dun gotta pulse, huh? Can ah safely... assume... yer undead?"

"Aha. So someone here remembers the Zurg Incident, at least. And yes, that would be a safe assumption." TIM lowers his sunglasses enough to expose his sunken, blood-red eyes--the hallmark of a Grombie. "I'm a carrier of the G-Virus. Don't worry, though. The course of the virus has been arrested, and I'm not contagious... well, except by the usual way." He gives the detective a toothy grin.

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Dalvar
The Iron Magus
"It's my new shampoo." The alien said, keeping her face perfectly straight. "So, I was thinking we should-"
Cielne

"Agent Dalvar, GiB." The woman nods, grinning. "Code like that is my business. Well, that and explosions. Well. And paperwork. Don't get me started on the paperwork."

"Should what?"
Light Kail

User ImageUser Image

"Seems like I've heard of them!" Lydia exclaimed. "Kid's name was Conan or something?"

To the agent who had sent her the paper airplane, Lydia said, "Dalvar, eh? GiB? Sounds interesting. Well, I'm glad you're here! We've been needing new cryptographers for the longest! I'm up to my eyeballs in messages!"

Wealthy Tycoon

3,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
yeah thats him but it was too colorful there for me to get any work done

Timid Explorer

User ImageUser Image

More mention of the Glass Lady, and her interest was piqued again, her head tilting ever so slightly. They knew so little about her, yet she was causing quite the ruckus amongst all the dream lands. Sheila was hell-bent on finding more--but first: "Gaia? Hmm. Yes, perhaps." she would respond vaguely, her gaze a little distant. It didn't take long for her to return and zero in on what she wanted, though.

"What do you know of the glass lady, my good sir?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces