What the Deuce?!!!My name's Rose or Planck, or Nerdonator, or pretty much whatever you want to call me. I have so many stupid nicknames that it really doesn't matter what you call me, because I'll probably answer. Apparently I've also begun to go by Tank, not in reference to size, durability lethality, but because I like tank tops.
I am a mad archaeologist and folkloric anthropologist with particular interest in religion and folk magic. I would like to clarify that archaeologists do NOT:
- dig up dinosaurs. That's paleontology.
- dig up mummies. Most of archaeology is done in a library. When human remains are involved, they are usually only skeletal.
- excavate solely in Egypt. For pete's sake, why does everyone assume that I know everything about Egyptian history?
- give two shits about finding the Ark of the Covenant/Holy Grail/any other artefact with super powers. If you find one, bully for you. If you dedicate your career to finding one, you'll be laughed out of every university on the planet.
- dig for treasure. We are not looters. We do not dig for keeps, and most of what we find is dirt-coloured.
I am older than I look and younger than I feel. I've been told that I was born forty-five or so. I don't know whether the comment was in reference to my politics or my tendency to gripe about "kids these days".
I was born in the wrong era. Any time between 1830 and 1930 would have been fine with me, but I get stuck with modernity. Ew.
I am a spelling and grammar Nazi. This applies to my own writing as well, and I like to be notified of typos or other errors I have made, so that I may rectify them quickly.
I am well-informed on a variety of subjects. If you are wrong, I will correct you. If I am wrong, please notify me and direct me to a credible publication that will provide me with correct information. Wikipedia is not a credible publication.