What the Deuce?!!!My name's M.R. or Planck. I am Tired.
I am a mad archaeologist and folkloric anthropologist with particular interest in religion and folk magic. I would like to clarify that archaeologists do NOT:
- dig up dinosaurs. That's paleontology.
- dig up mummies. Most of archaeology is done in a library. When human remains are involved, they are usually only skeletal.
- excavate solely in Egypt. For pete's sake, why does everyone assume that I know everything about Egyptian history?
- give two shits about finding the Ark of the Covenant/Holy Grail/any other artefact with super powers. If you find one, bully for you. If you dedicate your career to finding one, you'll be laughed out of every university on the planet.
- dig for treasure. We are not looters. We do not dig for keeps, and most of what we find is dirt-coloured.
Mad archaeology is a hobby. By trade, I'm an academic and an educator. I've taught sixth grade, seventh grade, 3- and 4-year-olds, and two years of university, and now I'm back on the receiving end, working on a PhD in the history of education.
Get me started on Sherlock Holmes or Dracula at your own risk.
I am older than I look and younger than I feel. I've been told that I was born forty-five or so. I don't know whether the comment was in reference to my knitting or my tendency to gripe about "kids these days".