Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Announcements/What's New In The Guild
** Welcome back everyone! -Please read this!- ** [July/07]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nikolita
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:56 pm
Hi everyone!

Welcome back all guild members, new and old. As you can see, we're running again, back and better than ever!

As you can no doubt tell, lots of things have changed. Please read this through completely, as all of the guild's rules (new and old) will be enforced much more strictly from now on, so what happened before won't happen again.

Here's what's new in the guild:

User Image
1) In case you missed the last announcement, AraTeran is the guild's new Crew member. She is a Dedicated Gaia moderator like myself, and I expect her to be treated the same way you guys would treat me. Please make her feel welcome! She'll be helping me keep an eye on the guild and help me ensure everything is running smoothly.

User Image
2) There have been some new stickies and subforums added! (I know, not more stickies! xd ) They are:

- The Cancer Support Subforum, the Former Front Page News Subforum, and the Being a Teenager Subforum. The guild's main page has been renamed the Announcements/What's New In The Guild page.

- The HPV & Gardasil Sticky, the Cancer Loss/Support Sticky, the Breast Cancer Sticky, the Cancer Information Sticky, the Alcohol Abuse Sticky, the Feedback Sticky, the Additional Birth Control Information Sticky, the Father-To-Be Sticky, the Plan B & Morning After Pill Information Sticky, the Guys' Sticky, the Girls' Sticky, the Men's and Women's Health Sticky, the Stress Sticky, the Sexual Violence Sticky, and the Prescription, Rave and Club Drug Sticky.
*whew! sweatdrop *

User Image
3) The rules sticky and the sticky & subforums lists have been seperated and are now seperate stickies on the main page. PLEASE READ THEM, especially the rules one because it's been updated with the new rules, and they will be enforced whether guild members read them or not.

In addition, the sticky & subforum lists have now been updated and are easier to read! Each sticky and subforum is linked, so instead of trying to have to find it yourself, you can just click the link and go there right away. Pretty nifty, eh? biggrin

User Image
4) Some of the existing stickies have been modified to include new information! Such stickies include the Mental Disorders Sticky. I will be adding an extension to the Dating Sticky in the Being a Teenager Subforum, as it will relate to dating, but can apply to other confidence issues too.

User Image
5) The non-announcement stickies on the front page have been moved into the Former Front Page News Subforum, so I can keep all announcements on the front page. Hopefully this will encourage guild members to read new updates and announcements, and keep themselves up-to-date with what's going on in the guild. So, please keep an eye on the main page, as all announcements will be posted there from now on. 3nodding

~*~

So, after going through all of this hassle, it turns out that sex-ed guilds are OK under Gaia's current PG-13 rules and guidelines! mrgreen However, when posting, you need to keep the following things in mind. Failure to do so will result in you being banned from the guild, as I'm adopting a zero-tolerance policy on this (so we don't have to go through this again!).

- When discussing or describing sex ed, you need to use proper medical terms. Say p***s or v****a instead of the alternative slang terms, which are not appropriate on Gaia, and so on.

- It's ok to post things like anatomical charts and condom/tampon usage pictures. If you'd like to post something else, say perhaps a link that has pictures of a female's hymen, please run that by me first. As always, when posting a link, please don't post the material directly and just link to it instead. Also, please include a short warning of some sort (ie: "Caution, link goes to pictures of how to use a condom" or "Warning: link has pictures of ovulation" or whatever, because there are users who have overprotective parents or a low tolerance for certain body-related things) when posting your link.

- Lastly, don't get too descriptive. Even if you're talking about how good your masturbation was last night or what your first time with your partner was like, please don't get into too much detail or description. Most people would probably find it a little TMI anyways, and I don't want to run into PG-13 issues. So brief and basic without too much detail is great. 3nodding

Enjoy the guild! mrgreen heart

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:50 am
The following is a list of threads that were moved or deleted. Individual posts are not listed, but if one of your posts was deleted, it was most likely because it contained material involved in the guild's clean-up.

Moved Threads/Stickies:

- The Life Experiences Sticky --> moved to the Being a Teenager Subforum.
- The "My First Time ___ Sticky" --> moved to the Former Front Page News Subforum.
- The Sex/Puberty Embarrassing Stories Sticky --> moved to the Being a Teenager Subforum.
- The Rant/Discussion Sticky --> moved to the Former Front Page News Subforum.
- The Official Booklist Sticky --> moved to the Former Front Page News Subforum.
- The Links & Recommended Readings Sticky --> moved to the Former Front Page News Subforum.

Deleted Threads/Stickies:

- The Guy Sticky --> information moved to other new stickies.

~

In addition, the guild is adopting a new policy for those who break the rules. From now on, you get one guild warning, regarldless of what it's for, and then you're banned from the guild. However! If at any time you are unsure of something, or want to ask a question, etc, please PM me! I'm always more than willing to answer questions about what's ok to post, if you're having problems with another user, if there's fighting, hassling other users, repeatedly misplacing threads, etc.

~

So what do I do if I'm having trouble with another user?
Please PM me! Sometimes I can't keep on top of everything, and I appreciate it when users clue me in on things I may not be aware of. Fights between users can leave people feeling upset, hurt, confused, or other emotions, and they don't belong here. The guild is supposed to be a place of information and support, not for people to fight.

What if I come across a fight or strong disagreement between other guild members?
Please PM me. 3nodding (see above)

What if I'm not sure about the content of something to post?
Please PM me, and I'll let you know whether or not it's ok. If you go ahead and post it, and it turns out it's not ok, your post/thread will be deleted and you'll receive a guild warning. Repeated offenses will result in you being banned from the guild. I'd prefer you check with me if you're not sure, and I almost always reply to my PMs within 24 hours.

What if I have questions about the guild?
Just PM me. xd  

Nikolita
Captain

Nikolita
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Reserved.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:29 am
Reserved. heart  

Nikolita
Captain

Announcements/What's New In The Guild