Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Tasty Female World
[The Daisy Code] A code of honor for Gaia Roleplayers Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mini DoII
Crew

Tiny Pumpkin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:59 pm
The Daisy Code: Introduction

Roleplay etiquette. While the definition might be different for everyone, I think we can all agree that "Don't be a d**k" encompasses everything we hold dear about roleplaying on Gaia.

But what about making Gaia a fun, enjoyable place to roleplay? Perhaps if Gaians made a pact to each other and themselves to behave in the spirit of community, it'd be a better place to play!

Thus, the Daisy Code was born.

Where does the name come from? Well, "Junyi Code" was too self-centered and quite narcissistic. wink And long ago, Junyi made her decorative daisy part of her Gaia persona. Hence, "Daisy Code." Besides, since when was a daisy unfriendly?

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I'll no longer be updating the front page list. I mean, WHOA you guys for being so enthusiastic! And as long as you hold the ideals to be... ideal, then we can make Gaia RP more fun for everyone. But you don't need your name on a list to show you hold the ideals. Just do it! 3nodding heart  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:00 am
What to do in this thead!

Well, first, while you're here, you should read the Daisy Code. If you agree with the ideals within, go ahead and snag a banner to put in your signature, if you'd like! (This isn't necessary, of course!) You could also post in the thread to "sign" the Daisy Code.

If you have a roleplay or a breedables shop (or other!) that is relevant and also upholds the Daisy Code, Link us and post a link to your thread! You'll be added to the linklist shortly.

Please do not spam, converse, or flame in this thread. This is also not the thread to offer suggestions or post disagreements. If you don't agree, then don't sign! And if I'm missing something important, please let me know through PM or AIM.

This is also not the place to tattle on anyone breaking the Code. We all have our off days, you know.

Have fun!  

Mini DoII
Crew

Tiny Pumpkin

Mini DoII
Crew

Tiny Pumpkin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:01 am
General

• I am here to have fun. When playing is no longer fun, I will step back, log out of Gaia, take a deep breath, and unwind.
  • If I am in a bad mood when I log onto Gaia, I am not going to take it out on anyone who manages to rub me the wrong way. If I catch myself doing this, I will step back, log out of Gaia, take a deep breath, and unwind.
  • I will be polite, courteous, and helpful whenever possible.
  • I will try my hardest to be patient with newcomers, and encourage them to read the rules, if they exist.
  • My posts will be readable. They do not have to be grammatically perfect, but they will be made in a format, size and color that can easily be read.
  • I will ignore trolls, as they are just looking for a negative response anyway.
  • I will realize that what someone does or says in character is separate from how they feel out of character. Therefore, I will not take actions taken in character as a sign of how the player feels about me.
  • I will remember "the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry." If this happens to me, I won't let it get to me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:02 am
In-Character

• I will try my best to keep up with the major going-ons in the lives of characters I interact with on a regular basis. This goes double for characters I am deeply entwined with.
  • I will fit with the setting as best as I can. A wolf does not belong in a flock of sheep, just as a sheep does not belong in a pack of wolves.
  • I will share the spotlight. Gaia roleplay is not solely about one person all the time.
  • I will keep my "special powers" to a reasonable level.
  • I will not godmode. Just as I don't want others to control my characters, I will not control others'.
  • I will ask permission before doing anything that would have a major effect on another character, both good and bad.

Mini DoII
Crew

Tiny Pumpkin

Mini DoII
Crew

Tiny Pumpkin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:02 am
Out-Of-Character

• If I have a conflict with another player, I will contact them by PM or Instant Messenger to calmly and peacefully work things out. Bickering in public places makes an uncomfortable play environment.
  • I will not attempt to manipulate events so that they work in my favor.
  • I will not attempt to get my way through guilt trips and other passive-aggressive behavior.
  • I will not retaliate IC for an OOC offense or insult.
  • If my character is deeply entwined with a character whose player I am no longer comfortable with, I will try my best to set aside our differences for the sake of the game. If I simply cannot play with them, I will try to keep the IC repercussions to a minimum.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:04 am
Sig Banners

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=5797107] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/junyi/gaia/daisycode.gif[/img][/url]

User Image
Now fun-sized!
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=5797107] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/junyi/gaia/minidaisy.gif[/IMG][/url]

User Image
This cute little daisycon is made by Asahi Kumoru! Subtle! Junyi likes. :3
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=5797107] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/junyi/gaia/daisycode.png[/img][/url]

User Image
A lovely pastel version by Incantation Espirit! 4laugh
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=5797107] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/junyi/gaia/daisycode.jpg[/img][/url]

Feel free to make your own banners! If you make a new banner and would like it to be available to all, PM it to me and I'll save it to my webspace, upload the code, and put it in this post along with credit to you.

Mini DoII
Crew

Tiny Pumpkin

Mini DoII
Crew

Tiny Pumpkin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:05 am
Order of the Daisy

Places:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Fetch!
User Image

Aquavita
Danger Isle
Chronosoul

People:
Junyi
Prolixity
Trio Maxwell-Chang
Aquilastre
Inle-roo
Dulcea
Neith-Kia
ArynLight
Maeko-Hana
Sosiqui
Vocalization
Jaden Silvermoon
Youkochylde
Menelie
Asahi Kumoru
Baniru
angelamourpeach
Nimaina Sekan
Unseasoned
Huni Pi
evermore_crystal
Chieko Meng Ue
chirigami
M i s s a
Cerena
Chibi Sheepcat
SilverDragon285
Lady_Morgan123
Sukkubus
timeerkat
Syrie
Mintaka
Akina Tokuwa
Desdemona Winchcombe
Coronaviridae
Ithiltari
Kuriboh_Coast
Britain
ShadowEdogawa
Elda-Chan
^Pyro-Kitty_Chibi^
Syrcaid
Terrenity
Perri Indiya
Noyama
dark77778
Asahi Kumoru
The_Phantom_Penguin
Glass Crow
[ Variant ]
Incantation Espirit
..Nique
Krista_Darkangel_Silme
Nio Love
Grave master 5
kaleidoscopegrl
Yume Matsuri
Lydia Ishtar
ShadowofPhantoms
mahii
peachymint
Anya! XD
Shiaree
|| Sky ||
Lenta
Cursed Folley
sophiastella
Sakuke Saku
ninetails4
Uennie
Chrystali
Yiiei
Tropical~Mist
caffinated_tulip

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:05 am
Special Thanks

Thank you, Prolixity and Trio Maxwell-Chang, for both encouraging the formation of the Daisy Code and providing suggestions. whee

Thank you to Youkochylde, Envy Fairchylde, and the WTMIchatterbox peanut gallery for putting up with my constant pimping and requests for assistance! wink  

Mini DoII
Crew

Tiny Pumpkin

Mini DoII
Crew

Tiny Pumpkin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:06 pm
Ker-SIGNED. 3nodding

*cuts ribbon!*  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:12 pm
I'd like to sign this code as well!

The Daisy Code is LOVE. heart heart heart  

Trio Maxwell-Chang

Aquilastre

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:14 pm
This thread is officially:
Qui-stalked!

Giving your daily dose of Smoo(tm), which is 99.99% kid approved.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:28 pm
A-friggin'-men. *signs, and will stick a banner in el siggo if it'll fit* heart  

Inle-roo

Dulcea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:31 pm
Makes my heart smile. <3

-signs and snags a banner-  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:41 pm
Signed liek whoa.  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200