Reply ::Gamer Chicks::
Grammar Nazi Strikes Again! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TwilightIceDragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:57 pm
I agree. The english language has become lazy. For example, instead of writing out: oh my god, they write: omg. I like using the word, lol, though.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:44 pm
y cnt i typ lyk dis!?11

Just kidding, I agree.  

Nova Seraph

HarlequinGoddess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:18 pm
I'm new here, so I am VERY happy to see that grammar is appreciated. By the way, could one of you teach me leet? It confuses me so.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:19 pm
Amen to the grammer and somewhat good english!  

Lemon_Wired

Subacai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:08 am
I guess we're agreed then. I salute my fellow grammar Nazis!  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:10 pm
Yes! Literacy for the win! Heil Grammar! xDDD

I don't understand people that can't at least type out their words on a forum. I always double-check my posts! I actually have more trouble reading and typing chatspeak than proper English. If people would learn to type properly in the first place, we wouldn't need the chatspeak crap. xD

b-w-e-e

cutefairy012

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:00 pm
Seldaara
Leet is a huge problem for me, though usually only if it's done excessively. When people write entire sentences or even paragraphs in it, I just feel like beating my head against a wall.

Like I said, little one word things like w00t or d00d, I don't mind. Even things like "r0xx0rz your b0xx0rz" or whatever, they're fine.

I just find the lack of proper language on forums to be getting worse. I mean, traditionally they're places for discussion, but when half the time you're sitting there trying to decipher what someone is trying to say? Well, there comes a time when a line needs to be drawn.
what is leet?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:26 am
this is true typing in a forum isnt hard you have time slow down and type normal  

LordMiyayuki

Cuore di un Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:22 am
-sing[- BBQ!!!! Me and yooouuu!!! Stankay pankay pew pew peeeeewww  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:26 am
3nodding

Yay for Grammar Police. biggrin  

ringwraith10

Ih8G4i4NAO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:24 am
I recieved mail from an imbicile who seemed to lack the proper potential to actually find the letters on the key board much less, type the letters. I advised her to take typing classes or at least try to speak proper english. Of course I was using my formal tone, being a writer/gamer and all that jazz, I am inclined to use "fancy" words when I speak.
She asked if I was a geek in real life, I most certainly am since I am a gamer, but I knew that she had a different definition to what a 'geek' was. And it seemed like she didn't believe me when I specifically defined the difference between her defenition of the term and the actual meaning to which the term is used.
=_= Then she tried to play cute with me and started ask questions why I spoke like that.
I called a few people from my old neighboorhood and they called people they knew who faxed me something that I could not read telling me to send this to the female that nettled me, supposedly to make them go away.
Appearently it was code with numbers and letters that must mean something rather rude to them. I can't quite recall what it was but it was suppoesed to be a more meaningful dis. than the very primitive " Your mom " retorts.

It was quite odd when it occured to me that they had an alomst completely seperate language from real people. >_>;;

I need to start carrying an electronic translator or something.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:20 pm
heart
heart

I dont know if anybody alredy said this but grammer isent that esey for some pepole.
As you hav probely noted from above, Im one of dose pepole.
I have dyslectica, meingn I cant spell or understand grammer.
+ Im not from a eglish speking contry.

I just want to say that some pepole dont juse slang becuse they want to, they do it becuse its the only way that pepole will understan what they are traing to say.

heart
heart

Solberg

11,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Lockany

Cluttered Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:47 pm
Well, English is not my first language, you'll have to execuse me on some of the silly errors that I make, I'm still learning, and I'm being as literate as possible. Believe it or not, I have my standards, I don't like noobs, even some of my real life friends talk like that, I wish they'll start speaking English online, because I know that they can do it way better than me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:30 am
~+[Purple Strawberry]+~
Anagram?

"OMG" & "WTF" aren't anagrams.
Those're acronyms. confused

Ha, I wondered if someone would get to that before me!
An anagram is a word or phrase that can be rearranged to spell another word or phrase, as in the infamous Da Vinci Code: "So dark the con of man" --> Madonna of the Rocks, the name of a painting.  

katari-hana

::Gamer Chicks::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces