Seldaara
Vice Captain

Sparkly Seraph

6,600 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:01 pm
Hey there everyone. Now, not to be a complete wanker, and I'm sure a lot of people hate me already, but I've got a wee bit of a complaint:

"OMG liek r u excited 4 this game? lol!"

Is not English, nor any other type of comprehensible language in existence. Please, please, please! Try to type out your words! I don't care if you have problems spelling, at least try. I know not everyone has proper grammar or spelling, and I don't want things to be formal or anything, but full words would be nice. I know not everyone speaks English (though most people that I know who have learned English as a second language know it better than anyone who's first language is English. . .)

-Numbers are not letters. The ocassional little w00t or whatnot, I don't mind, hell I do that quite often, just don't make entire sentences or paragraphs with them.

-One letter does not make one word (unless it's "I" or "a"). We all get excited from time to time, especially when a game is coming out that we've been looking forward to for some time, but still, things become much easier when you don't have to decipher someone's code.

-Anagrams should be used sparingly. Being that we're all on the internet, we've all used our fare share of OMGs and WTFs, and I like them too. But just because you like something doesn't warrant using it in excess. Unless you're being a complete dork, things like "ZOMGWTFBBQBYOBDDR!" are, well, just unsightly. Again, the whole code thing. If you're excited by something? Sure throw in an OMG. Confused? Have a WTF. Just don't go overboard.

Please just try to take these things into consideration. There's been many times I've just not replied to any posts because I couldn't be bothered to sit there and try to translate what the person is trying to say.

All that being said, if Celes is fine with the way things are, then just disregard it all. ^^; This is just something that is a huge pet peeve of mine, and I know there are people out there that feel the same way.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:34 am
Seldaara
Hey there everyone. Now, not to be a complete wanker, and I'm sure a lot of people hate me already, but I've got a wee bit of a complaint:

Is not English, nor any other type of comprehensible language in existence. Please, please, please! Try to type out your words! I don't care if you have problems spelling, at least try. I know not everyone has proper grammar or spelling, and I don't want things to be formal or anything, but full words would be nice. I know not everyone speaks English (though most people that I know who have learned English as a second language know it better than anyone who's first language is English. . .)

-Numbers are not letters. The ocassional little w00t or whatnot, I don't mind, hell I do that quite often, just don't make entire sentences or paragraphs with them.

-One letter does not make one word (unless it's "I" or "a"). We all get excited from time to time, especially when a game is coming out that we've been looking forward to for some time, but still, things become much easier when you don't have to decipher someone's code.

-Anagrams should be used sparingly. Being that we're all on the internet, we've all used our fare share of OMGs and WTFs, and I like them too. But just because you like something doesn't warrant using it in excess. Unless you're being a complete dork, things like "ZOMGWTFBBQBYOBDDR!" are, well, just unsightly. Again, the whole code thing. If you're excited by something? Sure throw in an OMG. Confused? Have a WTF. Just don't go overboard.

Please just try to take these things into consideration. There's been many times I've just not replied to any posts because I couldn't be bothered to sit there and try to translate what the person is trying to say.

All that being said, if Celes is fine with the way things are, then just disregard it all. ^^; This is just something that is a huge pet peeve of mine, and I know there are people out there that feel the same way.

.................*sip tea*  

Dark_Revelation_360

700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Seldaara
Vice Captain

Sparkly Seraph

6,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:17 am
. . .

I'm confused as to the point of that, but whatever.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:59 pm
Seldaara

OMGWTF!? ! cAnt bleiv e Diz moN 1 LUvz 2 typ3 lIkE DiS lol

jk jk  

HyperTiare

Seldaara
Vice Captain

Sparkly Seraph

6,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:10 pm
*brain explodes*  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:20 am
I heart you, Sel.  

Celes
Captain

Friendly Fairy

IJWTDTPLMCTUN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:41 am
Seldaara
"ZOMGWTFBBQBYOBDDR!".
BBQ blaugh so funny!! so is lol okay?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:25 pm
Yep, "lol" isn't a problem.  

Seldaara
Vice Captain

Sparkly Seraph

6,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200

Annicka101

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:49 pm
I can be a grammer nazi too...but I usually don't mind much when it's on a forum or so...

so...I'm guessing leet is a huge problem for you, huh?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:30 pm
Leet is a huge problem for me, though usually only if it's done excessively. When people write entire sentences or even paragraphs in it, I just feel like beating my head against a wall.

Like I said, little one word things like w00t or d00d, I don't mind. Even things like "r0xx0rz your b0xx0rz" or whatever, they're fine.

I just find the lack of proper language on forums to be getting worse. I mean, traditionally they're places for discussion, but when half the time you're sitting there trying to decipher what someone is trying to say? Well, there comes a time when a line needs to be drawn.

Seldaara
Vice Captain

Sparkly Seraph

6,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200

Haoda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:42 pm
What you mean like this?

_|00 7077411y 701o| 7|-|3//. _| |"0xx0|"z.

hehe. Just kidding i'm a spelling nazi not really a grammar nazi. I hate it when ppl say the: Dude u r teh best coo. When I first met someone on WoW they talked like this(to save time): Hy thnks lt. t ws fn. wnn qust gan? He corrected his speach and talks normally.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:05 pm
If people even try talking to me like that in MMOs I just ignore them. ^^; I understand it takes less time for them to type it, but it takes longer for me to understand. sweatdrop  

Seldaara
Vice Captain

Sparkly Seraph

6,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200

Haoda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:08 pm
Yeah. that's the problem. I founnd a very weird thing today. My teacher can read 1337 O.O  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:37 am
O_o That could potentially be dangerous.  

Seldaara
Vice Captain

Sparkly Seraph

6,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200

Electromagnetic Spectrum

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:37 am
teacher able to understand it? that's new O__o;;

But I agree though, it's annoying having to read and decipher such posts!  
::Gamer Chicks::

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff