[WWE] Gift Giving (RP Contest) - Closed

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Holiday Carousel Mare (Colored by elfstar89)
Jingle Stallion (Colored by Uta)
Bell Caribou (colored by spelldancer)

Starts: 12/20/2021 @ 12:00AM ET
Ends: 12/24/2021 @ 11:59PM ET

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:15 pm
The Game
With winter comes snow, and with snow comes warmth and the holidays. For this trio, nothing fills them with joy more than bring light, love, and laughter to everyone around them. Please tell me what they get up to during this time.

The Rules
  1. This is a story contest. Please tell me all about their shenanigans to bring happiness to everyone in the kawani!
  2. No proxies.
  3. This will count as your event freebie.
  4. You are welcome to enter for one, two, or all three! I just ask that they all be in the same post.
  5. You are welcome to edit your entries up until closing as well.
  6. If you need to remove yourself from the game for one or more pets, please strike out your entry, and notate it at the top.
  7. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a DM on discord, or a PM here on gaia.

The Forms

For the Mare
Jingle Bells~
Username:
Soquili Name:
Entry:

[size=14][b][size=14][b][color=#f13b47]Jingle Bells~[/color][/b][/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Soquili Name:[/b]
[b]Entry:[/b]

For the Stallion
Jingle all the Way~
Username:
Soquili Name:
Entry:

[size=14][b][size=14][b][color=forestgreen]Jingle all the Way~[/color][/b][/size]
[b]Soquili Name:[/b]

For the Caribou
Oh What fun!
Username:
Familiar Name:
Entry:

[size=14][color=#886633][b]Oh What fun![/color][/b][/size]
[b]Familiar Name:[/b]

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

stormflower

Fanatical Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:38 pm
This is open right? XD
Jingle all the Way~
Username: stormflower
Soquili Name: Nikolas
Entry:
“Jolly Holly no wait, it’s Holly Jolly Christmas isn’t it?! I’m always getting it backwards! Man I never get it right!”, the stallion says with a hardy laugh to himself. He was practicing a new saying he had been hearing through his travels that he had taken quite a liking to! Merry Christmas was swell but man saying ‘Have a Holly Jolly Christmas!’ just made him smile more and if it made him smile more it would certainly make others smile and spread more cheer right?

That was his thinking and how his mind worked even if things don’t always go as planned he always keeps trying and will always keep a smile on his face! His favorite thing to do is deliver toys to all the little foals and young ones he meets…..only problem he runs into sometimes is though his intentions are good he is seen as odd. Some adults don’t let the children near him, doesn’t help when he is tripping over his own hooves all the time even without a giant bag of toys and goodies to give away. And always keeping a smile on his face, even when it plants straight into the dirt….

He had a very loving family upbringing but saw some that had the exact opposite and even worse and promised to always smile for those that couldn’t and would try to bring a smile to as many as possible especially foals! He found a passion for traveling and in that would pick up different things but most of all he would pick up toys and would give them out to others he met on his travels and he adapted it as tradition and started to stock pile and would make a big trip once a year to deliver the toys to as many as he could bringing joy and smiles to as many hearts as he can.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:13 pm
Jingle Bells~
Username: Snowbelle Thundara
Soquili Name: Clara
Entry: "We wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!" The Mare sings to the group of familiars and Soq gathered around her and the tree they decorated. There is nothing more Clara enjoys this time of year than giving gifts and singing happy songs for others, trying to spread holiday cheer around Kawani. "Who wants to put the star on top of the tree?" She asks, laughing as all the foals and youngsters hop about, shouting that they want to do it. It brings her so much joy to see such eager, happy faces, alight with festive cheer.

"Hmmm.... how about....you!" She says, nodding to a Flutter foal, who had been sick for quite a while that year. The look on the young one fills her with so much happiness as the child's eyes light up. One thing Clara always loved doing, no matter the time of year really, was helping those who needed it, even if it was only bringing them some joy. She smiled as the foal took the star in his mouth, and used his glittery wings to fly up and gently place the star on top of the tree, beaming with pride at his accomplishment when the star starts to twinkle and glow. "Well done!" She shouts, affectionately nuzzling the foal when he lands.

"Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree..." She starts to sing, the others joining in. This is what she absolutely loves to do. Travel around Kawani, spreading joy, laughter, and kindness to all. Through her songs and small gifts, she hopes to bring everyone at least a little happiness each year.  

Snowbelle Thundara

Moonlight Hunter

23,990 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50

`raze

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:14 pm
Jingle Bells~
Username: `raze
Soquili Name: Holly
Entry:

"'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house...." Holly's voice was soft and warm as she started the story. The foals she was babysitting began to pause their playing to listen. Curiosity glinted in their eyes as she continued the poem she had picked up from the humans, her voice soothing and calm as she spoke about sugar plum fairires dancing over their little heads.

Holly had always been very good with the little ones. She had a knack for them, a motherly energy that put them at ease despite being young herself. She did not seek out this kind of work, but she was very popular with young parents who needed an extra set of hooves with their little ones and during the holidays she was in hot demand. Holly never had to worry about a cold night or empty belly - and this night was no different. It was time to put the little ones to bed as their parents took a relaxing break from their babies.

The three little foals had all laid down with eachother, two of them blinking slowly at her as she continued the tale of St Nick. The smallest one had already closed their eyes for the night, their chest rising slowly as they dreamed of deer prancing overhead. One of them laughed at the description of the jolly man in red, jostling the younger one who did not budge.

As she continued, she could see the sleep overcoming the two other foals, there heads drifting closer to eachother and the ground. Holly lowered her voice slightly, approaching the foals gently to check on their sleep. All their eyes were closed and surely dreaming of the chubby and plump man in red.

She touched her nose gently against each of their foreheads. As she pulled away, she smiled and said, "Happy Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:33 pm
Jingle Bells~
Username: White Neko Chan
Soquili Name: Bairn Emi
Entry: Bairn Emi had heard excitement among the soquilis and the humans. Her ears pricked up, seeing little foals and children running around as if to find something. She tilts her head softly. "What is going on?" She wondered, walking closer to the nearby human village. One of the foals came up to her. "It is Winter Gifting Holidays!" She burrow her brows curiously. "Winter Gifting... holiday?" The foal nodded its head at her. "It is where humans and soquilis alike share gifts with each other. I think it is more soquilis with each other." Bairn looked towards the humans then at the foal. "They are more probably more complex.. " She giggled at the foal. The foal couldn't help but giggle back. "There are so many things we can say.." The mother of the foal walked up to Bairn. "My filly is right.. There are things we can say to each other.. Happy Yule.. Merry Christmas.. Happy Holidays. It is a time for family.. It is time to share memories and gifts with our loved ones."

Bairn widened her eyes at the mother then frowns. "I don't think I have any family or memories to share." The foal smiled softly. "That is okay... Even someone like you is welcome among us." The mother smiled at her filly. "She is right. Most of us don't like to see soqs that don't have a family don't have anywhere to go. Some are disowned for a variety of reasons.. Some just leaves because they don't feel like they belong.." She sighed. "Family shouldn't be a bad thing.. Come.. I'll show you around." The filly pulled a bit on the red thing. "There are sweeten apple mush that I can give you! It is mama's secret recipe!" Bairn's eyes watered as she tried to speak. ".. I can join?" The filly nodded. "Gifts are for everyone.. even for someone like you, Miss." Bairn blushed and began to follow them. "Call me Emi.." She then looks towards the rest of the soqs. A thought popped up in her head. "Maybe here is where I belong.. " The filly suddenly pipes up. "Blessed Yule, miss. Things happen for a reason...."  

White Neko Chan

Beloved Shapeshifter

Juliette06

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:01 pm
Jingle Bells~
Username: Juliette06
Soquili Name: Jumpin' Jingle Belle
Entry:

A dark figure approaches a Kawani settlement, barely more than an outline through the heavy snowfall. The children notice first, because children notice everything, and they point and gasp. Their whispering grows louder when the faint sound of bells reaches their ears; now the adults hear it too, and everyone gathers near the settlement entrance to wait and see if what comes is friend or foe.

Belle - or Jumpin' Jingle Belle, as her mother called her when she was a filly - is of course, the epitome of a friend. she makes her mission to travel throughout the land when the weather gets dark and he skies grow cold to spread cheer, warmth and laughter wherever she can. She hasn't seen everyone or visited every group yet, but...she will. She knows it.

When she gets close enough to be seen, the children recognize her immediately - she knows there are stories about her, and she's glad to see they've reached this land. The children immediately come plowing through the snow to laugh and tug at her ribbons and play with her hair, and she lets them, nuzzling each one in turn (and not even wincing when one of the little ones tugs especially hard on her tail).

They begin to bat at the bells affixed to her ribbons and saddle, so at this, she begins to move the gaggle closer back to their encampment, where she's glad to see the adults have made room for her. It's not long before the entire village is assembled, and she waits for a quiet hush to fall over the group - she stands perfectly still, illuminated only by the fire and the faint moonlight above them. The children are growing apprehensive; their eyes grow wider and wider the longer she waits, and she lets herself smile just a little bit - this is her favorite part.

Belle couldn't tell you what the trigger is for her to start - she just feels it, she's always felt it, the moment the creative tug pushes her to start. She starts suddenly, legs splaying wide before she pulled them back together, making her bells jingle loudly. The children gasp, and the adults jump in surprise, but that's all she registers before she really starts to move.

She trots, she neighs, she pulls up on her back legs and then lands and kicks them back out again; she chases herself in a circle and then runs around the whole group by the fire, her bells kicking up noise loud enough to be heard from the next encampment over. Soon, the adults find the rhythm of her dance and they join in, on the drums or on their own jingling instruments. Someone starts to sing, and all the little ones begin to join in. Then..

Then everyone is dancing, and Belle feels warmer than the fire, warmer than the sun for all the joy that fills her.

After her performance, she stays the night, and in the morning, she plays with the little ones. For the children who aren't quite grown - but seem to think they are - she nudges them into taking a ride, holding quick against her saddle and using her bows as reins. For the young ones, she lets the adults carefully lift her saddle off, and then she pulls them all around the snow until they're shrieking with laughter and cold.

Before she leaves for the next village, she meets with the Soquili that make this place their home. She exchanges nuzzles with them, and gratefully accepts their treats and water. The Soquili tell her the names of the little ones, the stories of their village, and Belle nods along as she stores this information deep in her heart, to carry with her through the long, cold winter.

Leaving is always the worst, but leave she must; it wouldn't be special if she was there all the time, after all! And it wouldn't be fair to the little ones from the other villages who haven't gotten to visit with her yet. It's always a bit bittersweet, but these memories, these people, this place - this will be what keeps her warm throughout her travels, and the little gold bell the village affixed to her ribbon will brighten the hearts of all her who hear it.

I won in another game, please disregard!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:15 pm
Jingle all the Way~
Username: Kaya Wolf Moon
Soquili Name: Lior (from the Jewish word meaning "my light")
Entry:

“Gather round children and listen to my words. For I have a story to tell you.”

“What story?!” “Is it the one about the young prince?” “Oh! Oh! Tell us the one about the fairies!” Little voices clamored one upon the other. Each vying to be heard over the next. All wanting and curious.

A gentle chuckle echoed amidst their delight. Soft yet hearty and filled with warmth. “Now, now, all good stories, yes, but I have a different tale to tell. It is a story about holiday cheer.”

The expected sighs of disappointment chorused on the night wind. "Awwwe, that doesn’t sound like a story.” “Can’t we hear something else instead?” Those same excited voices became hushed and pensive. How good can a story about holiday cheer be anyway?

But he was patient. He understood not all foals were ready for his tale, or think they may not be. “Trust me, it is a good story. One that takes place a few years ago actually.” His eyes glistened with knowledge as he looked at his charges. Their expressions showed their skepticism yet none objected again. Indeed, curiosity started to shine through. He grinned. “This is a tale of three travelers who were blessed with special gifts.”

“You mean like presents?!” One foal chimed in, wide-eyed with wonder. “I want a gift!” Another proclaimed. “Me too!” “I want twenty!” The chatter continued.

Another chuckle, light as air settled over their cacophony, stilling them with its pleasant sound. “They were not gifts like the presents you receive during the holidays. These are things you cannot touch but are no less real. They are the gifts of creation, companionship, and cheer.”

“How are those gifts?”

“Well,” he settled on his stomach in order to be closer to the foals. “You see, that is where the story begins really. Others had asked the same and other questions before. Surely one creation is as good as the next. Surely companionship is no special thing when everyone can provide it. And surely cheer is available to everyone. All this is true. But allow me to ask you this…have you ever seen an object so beautiful that you wanted nothing more than to touch it, caress it, and cherish it till the end of time? Have you ever felt so alone that you believed no one could understand you but then another appeared to make you feel cherished? Or mayhaps you were once so distraught you thought you would never smile again until someone managed to make such a miracle happen?” He watched and he waited, quietly, as his questions were mulled over in the foals’ minds.

“But,” the smallest of the foals spoke, “That makes it sound like anyone can do it. Which makes it not special.”

He quirked a brow. “Oh?”

“Uh uh.”

The light from the fire flickered in his eyes. It was time to tell his tale. “Three travelers. Three gifts. Three journeys twined to one. Not a single one at first aware of the other’s deeds. To begin, we meet the mare. Beautiful as she was gentle. Creative as she was graceful. Her wares were unlike any other. Vibrant in color. Chiseled and refined. Molded and shaped into absolute perfection. But, you see, the mare had no way to market her wares. No way to travel with them. Hers was a difficult task, traversing up and down a mountain pass. So, she kept her wares tucked away. Their shiny new forms slowly dulling with age and time. A gift of creation none could enjoy.”

“Now comes the caribou. Faithful and loyal. Powerful and lithe. His mind was as strong as his body. He longed for a purpose in life. More than simply living, he wished to help and to guide. But, alas, none he met had need. Certainly, he helped with little things when he saw the need, yet those tasks were short. There was no stability in them. A gift of companionship slowly wasted. Until the day he heard the call. It was a call of someone in despair. The caribou could not abide the sound and made quick work of finding its source. The mare had collapsed in her workshop. Sobs were wracking her body. She did not wish to create anymore. Alone and unable to share her creations, what good was it? The caribou saw her need, however, and he acted. Without hesitation, he calmed the mare and declared he would help her fulfill her dreams; thus, one turned to two. Mare and caribou worked through the night to devise a plan. The mare would fill pouches with some of the items while the caribou would pull a sled filled with the remainder. Together, they would travel the land, giving gifts to young and old alike. A plan all well and good…except when we live in a sometimes cynical world. At first, wherever they traveled, the duo was oftentimes met with distrust and uncertainty. Who would willingly give of themselves without expecting anything in turn? No one dared to believe in the mare and caribou. Nobody dared to have faith.”

“Thus we encounter the stallion.” With this, his tone grew loftier and merrier. A shift from the serious to the lesser so. “He was a hearty fellow. Abundantly cheerful and infinitely goofy. He was as light-hearted as he was wise. Wherever he traveled, he strove to bring out the happiness in others, to draw forth their mirth. Be it through story, a poem, an act or a song, he wanted for little else than to find their cheer. Yet even the most cheeriest of fellows can fall short. There were needs he happened upon that he could not meet. Wishes and desires he could not fulfill for lack of talent. Words and actions are grand, it is true, but for some, it is the want for a toy or treat that would do. A gift of cheer left untended… Fate, however, has an interesting habit of intertwining one to another. Much as the caribou found the mare, so too did the stallion come upon the duo in their moment of need. Unable to share their bobbles, the pair were laying dejected amidst freshly fallen snow. Neither had cared to move for there was nowhere else to go. No one else to try. This is how the stallion found them. Their forlorn expressions touched something deep within, stirring his spirit more than it had in a long time. He would help them. Help them see their frowns turn to smiles, their dreams to reality. And help he did. Given his ability to be at ease with others, it was decided the stallion would precede the others. His delight and cheer would be a comfort to those less certain and would make ready the way for the mare and caribou to deliver their special gifts. So it went, and so it has been ever since. The trio moves throughout the lands, using their gifts to the fullest capacity, bringing holiday cheer to all those they meet…”

The stallion rose from his place by the fire. His big frame now towered over the little ones. “With that, I believe it is time for you lot to get to bed.” Objections rang out but he would hear none of it. Not tonight. ESPECIALLY not tonight, of all nights. He saw them to their homes where he offered one final thought, “Remember…a gift is a gift, tangible or not. It is what we do with it that makes it special.” With a wink, he bowed his farewell before making his way through the forest.

“Are they ready?” The soft lilt of the mare whispered on the night wind.

He smiled knowingly. It was soft and radiant as the twinkling lights decorating the surrounding trees, as refreshing then as it had always been. “Yes,” he breathed back. “I think they finally are.”

“Then let’s not keep them waiting.”

(Note: The mare and caribou are used strictly as NPCs in this entry.)  

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

muffled_undertone

Kawaii Shoujo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:00 am
Jingle Bells~
Username: muffled_undertone
Soquili Name: Nadia (means "hope" in Russian)
Entry:

Nadia’s favorite time of the year is the holidays. She thinks they are the perfect opportunities to celebrate everything that makes life beautiful: the merriment, the inclusivity, and the appreciation for what we have. But Christmas holds a special place in her heart. It’s the time of year she can cast her fears and insecurities aside and sing Christmas carols and spread cheer to all of the soquili and familiars in her village. Who can refuse a present, a song, or a cookie from her on such a day? It’s Christmas, after all! smile Nadia wants everyone to feel wanted and that they belong.

Last year, the members of her village could not celebrate Christmas the way they wanted. Many were fearful of a novel, unknown sickness that had spread throughout the land and were not in the mood to joyously celebrate in the company of others. Now that some time has passed and everyone is less fearful of the sickness, Nadia wants to take the opportunity to remind everyone how wonderful Christmas is.

Nadia carefully wrapped a ribbon around her mouth and nose, effectively creating a mask. Then she tied a basket of freshly-baked cookies with the ribbons on the right side of her saddle, and began trotting in the snow with the bells adorning her ears and saddle, jingling. And she began singing, “jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waay… Oh! What fun it is to ride in an one-horse open sleigh… Hey!” Her melodious voice, the jingling of her bells, and the sweet aroma of the freshly-baked cookies caught the attention of both the young and the old in all directions. Ears perked and mouths salivated. Before she knew it, she had soquili and familiars all around her. “Is that cookies we smell, Nadia? Can we have some?”

“Why, of course! Take your pick. Carrot, hay, sugar, oatmeal raisin, peppermint, I baked them all!”, Nadia said. As everyone has a different taste, Nadia baked as many flavors as possible, so she can do her best to give everyone a cookie they would want on this special day.

“Hey, this one is shaped like a caribou!," a wolf familiar exclaimed. "And this one is shaped like a Christmas tree!,” a flutter soquili added. “Merry Christmas!,” Nadia replied. Everyone buzzed with excitement and delighted at the scrumptious treats, and soon they were all gone. Then a bluepee cried, “where is Timmy? Is he still sick?” The crowd fell silent. Timmy is an usdia with pre-existing health conditions who caught the novel sickness, so he hasn’t been out of his teepee in a while. “I’ll make a special delivery. Don’t worry, Timmy won’t miss out on Christmas,” Nadia said, and she began trotting again.

On her way to Timmy’s teepee, Nadia began plucking bells and a ribbon from her saddle. The jingling of bells always makes me happy and full of Christmas cheer. I hope Timmy will feel the same, she thought, as she strung the bells together with the ribbon to create a bracelet adorned with bells.

When she reached his teepee, she jingled the bracelet gently. “Uh… who’s there?”, Timmy called out weakly. “It’s Nadia. I hope you’re feeling better, Timmy. We all miss you! I made you this.” And Nadia held out the bracelet she made. “Jingle bells… Just like the song. Thank you,” Timmy replied, as he smiled and took the bracelet from Nadia. “Merry Christmas, Timmy,” Nadia said sweetly, and Timmy drifted back to sleep.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:49 pm
Jingle all the Way~
Username: Summer Raaven
Soquili Name: Klaus
Entry:

Magic existed, if only you believed.

The gentle, soft whisper of bells could be heard in the distance, and with them came delicate flakes of snow, the first of the season. The bells told tales of seasons past, of holiday cheer for all to hear, and creatures gathered in the same clearing as they did every year, to watch the magic unfold. A massive fir tree stood in the middle of the clearing, as if put there by design, and snow glistened on it's branches in the soft winter sun. This year was told to be the best yet.

"Today marks the first day of the holiday season for our community," came a voice, and the bells suddenly stopped as the figure came to a hault behind the commotion of the tree. A stallion as white as the snow, with hair as bright as a holly plant stood watching all the caribou, Soquili, penguins, birds, squirrels - whatever creature you could imagine - turn to listen to what he had to say next. "My father founded this home for all of us many years ago, when he planted this very tree to honor my mother. She loved the holiday spirit and everything that came with it, and this tree would not be as big if it didn't have her heart." A gentle smile, he had told this tale many times since taking over as head of the festivities after the passing of his father; but as the years passed, the community grew with new additions both young and old, and they deserved to hear the tale, too.

As he spoke, caribou had come over from behind the small hill, dragging what looked to be a human-made sleigh, toppled high with goodies of all sorts. A mare decked in red ribbon seemed to be leading the way, waiting for the festivities to officially begin.

"My father wanted to build a home here. And that home became a village. Without the help of any of you - or any of your family, we wouldn't be, wouldn't have what we do now. The holidays are about family, and about togetherness, and we shall not spare a moment."

Another grin, and a wink to the mare, and the sleigh came tumbling down towards the tree. A few random Soquili had stopped it before it hit the tree, and Klaus continued, "let us decorate the tree!!"

A cheer that could be heard from a mile away (or so they say) erupted, and creatures of all sorts began to take what they could out from off the sleigh. Pinecone, berries, ribbons and bells! Ornaments made from humans, sticks - whatever they could find! In no time the tree had been finished, and albeit half of the decorations had been eaten, but that was the fun of it all!

A tiny mouse had plucked the bell that lay behind Klaus' ears, and the stallion nodded. The mouse traveled up the tree, to the very top, and tied the bell on the tip with some string, and before descending, had hit the bell with his tail, and out came the most glorious of sounds!

"My mother's bell," Klaus whispered to himself, before bellowing out to the crowd, "thank you all! Now, who wants presents..."  

Summer Raaven

Garbage Trash

Rita Zyon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:20 pm
Jingle all the Way~
Username: Rita Zyon
Soquili Name: Nicky
Entry:

It was the most merriest day, nothing could go wrong, Nicky was sure of it! The stallion trotted giddily as he bounded towards his destination, dragging with him a pointed object. He was sure his plan to fill everyone with the holiday spirit would be well-received. Sure, the other steps didn't go exactly as planned over the past 11 days; but, Nicky wasn't going to give up now. There were 12 days leading up to Christmas after all and today was the 12th and final day. The final day needed lots of celebration and Nicky was a very jolly soquili with an eagerness to help others and make them happy.

He had thought blowing a horn as the sun was rising was a great idea for the first day; however, the herd of cerynei he serenaded were not in agreement. Nicky called out a cheery hello towards a trio of mares who were sliding on a patch of ice. He would have loved to join them, as he did on the ninth day, but he was on an important mission. He was bringing the star that was going to be hung on top of the tree. Originally he was hanging tinsel, holly, and singing off-tune to catchy tunes, when suddenly his sister's caribou, Jingle had run through some bushes calling for help. Nicky immediately jumped at the chance to help, he couldn't let his sister, Carol, down.

He huffed and puffed with exhaustion as he stopped by some snow horses. He admired the craftsmanship of the work; he attempted to make his own on the second day for the Kawani. Unfortunately for Nicky his structure wasn't stable and fell on one of the elders. Thankfully no one was injured, though Carol hadn't been super impressed with him. Making a festive treat for his dear animal friends on the third and fourth days could have gone much worse, if not for a wise owl that informed him that mistletoe and holly were meant to be admired and not ingested.

He sighed out a frosty breath as he started his trot again, the star dragging behind him. He scurried through some bushes, better than taking the longer path around them. On the fifth day he had helped an older mare with hanging five golden strings, laden with colourful orbs. The day was going wonderfully until a mischief of magpies decided they needed the strings. Nicky chased and chased after them until a bark from the mare frightened the magpies all off. And Nicky too, he flushed in embarrassment at the memory. He hoped the mare managed to finish the task, he hadn't been back to her home since.

From the sixth to the eighth days, he had gathered six different types of well-hidden herbs, chased after seven mischievous foals, and herded eight caribou into their pen. Well......what was supposed to be their pen. Next time he would herd one at a time rather than all eight at once, eight together were stronger than he, or the fence, anticipated. He rounded a corner, passing large evergreen trees. In the distance he could hear merry laughter and the rustle of jingle bells. He was getting more tired with each new step he took, his hooves pressing deep in the snow as the star made jagged marks.

"Almost there. You can do it!" He encouraged himself. He started up a hill, over yonder would be the Kawani villagers, the Soquili they befriended, and the other animals they cared for. Their celebratory sounds carried through the wind, the sounds grew louder and louder. Nicky stepped up once more and promptly slid down the hill. He plopped into a pile, a gust of snow flew up around him. He laid there for a few moments, stunned. He unsteadily stood back up, he was fine, what a relief! He hurriedly looked over the star and to his astonishment, it was intact. He couldn't believe his good fortune.

He eyed the hill thoughtfully and backed up slowly. He took a deep breath and with a jolt, he ran as hard as he could. He ran and though his hooves started to slide again, he managed to pull himself up to the very top of the hill. Nicky paused to take in the vivid candlelight, the colourful decorations, and the fruity smells in the air. Apples, his favourite. He sniffed happily, all that work two days ago of pushing 10 baskets of apples had paid off.

"Your star is here." He cheered joyfully as he bounded down the hill. In his exuberance he forgot about the slippery snow and down he slid. His speed continued to increase and increase until he crashed into a pile of hay, scaring off a trip of goats. "Sorry, sorry." He apologized, his head bowed, red strands of hair falling into his face. Bad luck to scare them off again, just as he did yesterday on the eleventh day. He would have to do something special for them before the holiday season was over. Plans erupted in his mind.....

"Nicky!" Jostled from his thoughts, Nicky looked up as his sister galloped up to him. He gulped at her fierce expression. He was in it for.

"Your star." He nodded excitedly at the star, he hoped the golden star would distract her long enough for him to scurry out of sight, lest he ruin anything else. "The most important part, right?" He chuckled nervously.

His sister sighed. "Nicky." She paused, shaking her head. "The star can wait. You're all scratched up and you're covered in hay." She nosed tenderly at his legs. Nicky looked down, he couldn't remember his legs stinging earlier; but, his sister was right, he was scratched up. Perhaps taking that shortcut through the bushes hadn't been the best decision.

"But..." He pleaded. The star needed to come first. The tree wouldn't be finished until the star was placed at the very top.

His sister looked at him sternly. "No, Nicky. I know you want to help out all the time but it's okay to sit back sometimes and rest. Gifts, baubles, candles and our star are all lovely but, in the end they're just objects. Friends, family, their health that comes first. I'm cleaning you up."

Nicky shyly looked away, his green eyes focused on the ground. "....okay." He slowly replied. His sister nudged his shoulder and off they went, together. The star lay against the hay, its golden surface twinkled in the night. Soon, it would shine on top of the largest evergreen tree around. It was true that the past 12 days hadn't gone exactly as he had planned; but, there was always next year.

"Ouch! That stuff stings, Carol." On second thought, perhaps resting more often would do him some good.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:52 am
Thank you guys so much for your patience while your entries were judged. Everyone did a fabulous job and I enjoyed each and every one of them. heart Without further delay, here are the winners:

Winner of the stallion is Rita Zyon!
Rita Zyon

Winner of the mare is 'raze!
'raze

Congrats guys and happy holidays to everyone!  

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Archived

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces