Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Custom Services, Upgrades, Certs
[UPGRADE] Templated Art Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Space Cauldron

Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:26 am
Upgrade Requirements and Requests: Templates

This thread is for tracking any growths done by our template artists! Nearly every single piece of art received from the shops will be done on templates, so this is the thread you will use when you are ready to grow them.

If you are ready for a character to grow, you will need to post here; this is required even if you have already received the art because you may have ordered all of your art upfront. This is just so that we can make sure that we know who grew, and when!

After you have posted here you will still need to reach out to the artist you would like to complete this stage of your character's growth if you haven't done so already. Remember, you may choose your artist per stage; while you might choose to stay with the artist who did the original first stage art, you may also elect to move to a different artist of your choice. If there is an artist you want to request to do your art, you will need to contact them to determine interest and availability; if they accept, you can update your post to reflect which artist you have chosen!

Alternately, if you do not have an artist in mind, you may instead opt for a “grab bag” roulette; this means, if you do not have a preferred artist, any interested artist will be able to express interest in doing the art and the slot will then be raffled off amongst interested artists. There is no telling who you might get if you choose this option, but if you are opting for the grab bag style please remember to quote the shop mule, In the Name of the Mule, when you post for growth and indicate that you want a grab bag. If you do not quote the mule we will not be aware and it may take longer to get to you than it should!

Remember, this thread is for templated art only; if your character is growing using unique art or is growing through an MYO (Make Your Own) slot, you will need to use this thread!

The form you can fill out to grow a character is at the end of this post! If you are looking for other Growth related features, such as Artist Availability or Growth Requirements, you can find them here:

Artist Availability: Check here to see if the artist you want is open for growths!

• Guine: Closed
  • Whimsical Blue: Only open for raffled slots. New work slots will be raffled off; see thread for availability
  • Sylent Nyte: Check here!
  • ATh e a r t: Semi-OPEN (case-by-case basis) Current queue; PM me!
  • Tolin Kalin: OPEN Current Queue: 3+, see here
  • Indigo_Plateau: HIATUS to catch up
  • Tonberry Yuna X: TBA
  • Bronze_Coffee: TBA
  • Kaefaux: TBA

You can also find more information about what your artist may be willing or interested in doing here! When you have contacted an artist and they have agreed to take on your art, you will need to post the following form. Please make sure to indicate if you are using any growth items or substituting any requirements!

The Form:

[u][b]TEMPLATED ART FORM[/b][/u]

[b]Character:[/b] (Please include the character's name and a link to the journal or quest for your character)
[b]Art Type:[/b] (Is this a new civilian or powered character? A growth? Alt Art?)
[b]Purchased With:[/b] (Was this a Crown Token Purchase? Obtained in Customs? An event win? Crown Token purchases cover the cost of templated art up front, but if you are switching from MYO to Templated, you will need to link to the Crown Token purchase. Characters obtained in customs must be grown with gold/platinum so please make sure your artist is compensated based on the price of customs at the time of your win. Event wins are free to grow.)
[b]Growing to:[/b] (What rank is your character growing to? If you are getting a new character, just put their first stage rank. If you are getting a civilian or alt art, just put N/A)
[b]Using:[/b] (If this is a new character or alt piece of art you have purchased, such as with Crown Tokens, please include that here. If this is a growth, please include how you are growing, such as with items and roleplays. If you are growing, you must include a link to all requirements and remember to let us know where you have substituted requirements! Remember, you can only substitute [i]down[/i]; you must do all of your battles, but a battle can replace a regular, and regulars and battles can replace [i]three[/i] solos.
[b]Has the character reached requirements and/or gotten plots approved?[/b] (You cannot get templated art before your character has been acquired or reached IC requirements. If you are getting art that reflects any changes that require plot approval, such as side swaps/youmafication/ascending/transcending/chibi growth, etc, have you sent them in and gotten approval? The shop will not be able to provide art for characters before they have gotten plots approved, so please make sure you send this information in and have it approved before, or as soon as you post for growth.)
[b]Additional Information:[/b] Please include which artist you are going to here and send them the details; if you are opting for a grab bag growth, please use the additional form below!

Please Note: Sometimes an artist's commitments outside of Gaia can can get in the way and they may be unable to finish art as quickly as you would like; all of our artists should make an effort to warn you about any delays that they may expect to encounter if you are at the tail end of a long waiting line. Please keep this in mind when requesting art and be patient should this situation arise!

If you have a templated character that you would like to grow using MYO instead of the standard template you are eligible for, you can swap your templated art for MYO instead. Please remember that if you do this, you forfeit your templated art of that stage. You do not have to pay to switch from templates to MYO for any stage. If you get templated art of a first stage character and move to MYO for their second stage, you are not locked into growing them as an MYO; you can still get their third stage art on a template. If you are moving from templates to MYO for a stage, please make sure to include this when you post your growth form. You will need to post in the Unique Art Upgrade Thread instead of the templated upgrade thread.

We understand that it can be frustrating to wait for the next stage of art, so if there comes a time when you need to request that a new artist takes over this work, please PM the shop mule, In the Name of the Mule, and we can help work something out! Similarly, if you are having other issues (either with understanding the rules, working with your artist, or anything else) you may PM the mule!

If you are having difficulties locating an artist or do not have a preference for which artist takes over your work, you may use the Grab bag! To use the grab bag, you will need to not only fill out the previous form, but you will also need to fill out an additional form with information for artists picking things up from the Grab Bag.

The Grab Bag Form:

[b]TEMPLATED ART FORM[/b]

[u][b]I AM REQUESTING GRAB BAG[/B][/u]

[b]Username:[/b] (Your full username here)
[b]Character:[/b] (Please include the character's name and a link to the journal or quest for your character)
[b]Art Type:[/b] (Is this a new civilian or powered character? A growth? Alt Art?)
[b]Purchased With:[/b] (Was this a Crown Token Purchase? Obtained in Customs? An event win? Crown Token purchases cover the cost of templated art up front, but if you are switching from MYO to Templated, you will need to link to the Crown Token purchase. Characters obtained in customs must be grown with gold/platinum so please make sure your artist is compensated based on the price of customs at the time of your win. Event wins are free to grow.)
[b]Current Art:[/b]: (Please include a hyperlink to their current art; do not use an [img][/img] code; use a [url=]x[/url] code. If you are getting a new character and have no art of them, just put N/A; if you are getting a new powered character and have civilian art, please include the civilian art)
[b]Growing to:[/b] (What rank is your character growing to and are they undergoing any changes? Changes include things like side swaps/partial youmafication/ascending/transcending/etc. If you are getting a new character, just put their first stage rank. If you are getting a civilian or alt art, just put N/A)
[b]Has the character reached requirements and/or gotten plots approved?[/b] (You cannot get templated art before your character has been acquired or reached IC requirements. If you are getting art that reflects any changes that require plot approval, such as side swaps/youmafication/ascending/transcending/chibi growth, etc, have you sent them in and gotten approval? The shop will not be able to provide art for characters before they have gotten plots approved.)
[b]References:[/b] (Include links to reference pictures or a well written description of what you would like for the art [i]or[/i] anything you specifically don’t want. Artists may decline to take forms that have no references, descriptions, or any direction. If you have no preference you can put CC but you need to understand that at that point, anything you leave to CC will be at the artist's discretion; you cannot ask for a complete redesign if you do not like the design they came up with!)
[b]Template Choice:[/b] (Which template do you want the art on? Include any requests for splices as well, but please be aware that artists are not obligated to do splices or template edits so may decline picking up something)
[b]Additional Information:[/b] (Is there anything your artist needs to know about the character or art, or any other special requests not mentioned in the form already? An example of this might be a desired facial expression.)

By choosing the Grab-Bag method for this art, I am confirming that I understand being picked up in the Grab-Bag is at the discretion of the artist's time, ability, and willingness. I understand that this is not a guaranteed method and can sometimes take longer than expected due to the nature of them. Once an artist picks up my artwork, they will contact me to let me know that they will be doing my art. I also agree that any available artist, or combination of artists, may work together to complete my art; if I post for a grab bag, I will be prepared for the possibility of a collaboration. I may, at any point [b]prior[/b] to being contacted about an artist picking up my claim, reach out to an artist to see if they are willing or able to take on my request. If they agree, I will PM or quote the shop mule, In the Name of the Mule, in this thread so they can remove me from the grab bag list.

[b]By posting this completed form, I agree to these terms.[/b]

[quote="In the Name of the Mule"][/quote]

Original Thread: Archived

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:27 am
Growing a Character:

Most characters are guaranteed three stages of art and you will be warned in advance if you receive a character who is only guaranteed to receive a single stage of art!

Presently, youma can only receive one stage of art, but all Senshi, Negaverse Agents, Knights, and Mauvians are eligible for three stages of art provided the requirements are all met.

There are some rules to keep in mind while posting for growth—most notably that all your roleplay requirements are finished and that you have waited the appropriate amount of time between posting for growth between each stage. For a roleplay to count for growth, the character you wish to grow must contribute at least 500 words!

The Types of Roleplays

There are three different types of roleplay:

• Battle - A Battle roleplay is a roleplay that occurs between two different players and features powered characters. Only combat between two powered characters can be counted as a battle, and this usually means that they must be engaged in a physical or magical battle. These battles can either be for opposing faction members, or allies sparring. Once per growth stage, two characters can team up against a youma, however only one disposable youma battle is applicable towards growth. Sometimes the shop or players will run events that use a superpowered youma as a big boss--this is usually exempt from the 'one youma battle per growth stage' because the youma is much stronger than the average disposable. Youma that exist in the shop and are arted characters with their own profile do not count towards the 'one disposable youma' battle--they are more powerful than the average youma and count as a normal battle! To count for growth requirements, a character must have at least 500 words posted in the roleplay.

• Regular. A Regular roleplay is a roleplay that occurs between two different players. This can be either civilian or powered roleplay, but generally means that a battle did not occur or there was no physical fighting. Each character must have at least 500 words in the roleplay for it to be applicable as a growth requirement.

• Solo. A Solo is a roleplay written by one person; it will usually only feature their characters, though multiple characters of theirs may appear in one solo, or they may puppet another player's character (with permission). A solo must be 500 words to count for requirements. If multiple characters are being played, each must have 500 words for it to count as a requirement. Solo word requirements are stackable! This means that you don't have to write many different solos, but if you write a single solo featuring only one character that has 1000 words, it would count for two solos. If you are writing a solo featuring two of your characters, each must have at least 500 words to count for a solo. Writing 800 words for one character and 200 for another means that only one of them would get the solo requirement filled.

A roleplay must be finished for it to be applicable for growth; this means you must have an obvious exit or end, either by labeling the RP as finished in the title, the last post, or by having a convincing lead out/final post. Because ORPs can sometimes stay open for a while and never have a concrete close, as long as you post 500 words in an ORP and have a clear exit for your character, these can be used towards requirements, too!

Substituting Requirements

Requirements are ranked in order of importance of growth: Battles, Regulars, and then finally solos. In all cases, you can always swap down. This means, if you have extra battles completed, you can fill your requirement for regulars with them. If you have extra battles or regulars, you can use them to cover three solo requirements. You cannot swap up. Three solos cannot be used to replace Regulars or Battles, and Regulars cannot replace Battles. You must complete the minimum of Battles for each stage.

In addition to substituting Regulars or Solos with Battles, you can also use growth items!

User Image

Growth items are meant to substitute the requirement without you needing to do the roleplay!

• Star Candies - can replace one Solo
  • Luna-Ps - can replace one Regular
  • Henshin Pens - can replace one Battle

Growth items can be won from games, contests, or raffles, and can be purchased with Crown Tokens. Please keep a clear record of where you won your Growth Item! Please remember that even though you can save up Growth Items, there are limitations to how many can be used per stage. They are meant to help you reach requirements, but your character must still be roleplayed to grow! At first stage, growth items can replace 1 Battle, 3 Regulars, and 3 Solos. At second stage, growth items can replace 2 Battles, 4 Regulars, and 3 Solos at second stage. Like roleplays, these can swap down but not up; you cannot completely avoid doing battles with growth items!

Growth Requirements:

At each stage your character will need to make sure they have hit the requirements they need before you can request that they move to their next growth. You can check what requirements your character may need below. These are the minimum requirements to grow, but please remember that you can substitute a battle to meet a regular requirement, and you can substitute battles and regulars to for three solos each. Solos cannot substitute for anything, and regulars cannot be used in place of battle requirements.

The Stages: All Variations of Senshi, Knights, Negaverse Agents

• To earn First Stage: (Basic Senshi, Pages, Lieutenants)
    Requirements: There are no requirements to earn first stage! This is simply the stage your civilian will first power up into.

• To earn Second Stage: (Super Senshi, Squires, Captains)
    Requirements: 8 Solos | 5 Battles | 8 Regulars RPs (AND/OR ITEM EQUIVALENT)
    Cooldown: You must have had your character at basic stage for at least one month before they can be posted to grow to second stage! As the shop's timeline matches our OOC timeline, this means that you must also make sure that at least one month must has passed between when you first received their powered art and when they ICly awakened. Please keep this in mind when you are posting!

• To earn Third Stage: (Eternal Senshi, Knights, Generals)
    Requirements: 12 Solos | 6 Battles | 12 Regular RPs (AND/OR ITEM EQUIVALENT)
    Cooldown: You must have had your character at second stage for at least three months before they can be posted to grow to third stage! As the shop's timeline matches our OOC timeline, this means you must also make sure that at least three months must have passed between when you first received the powered art of their second stage and when they ICly grew. Please keep this in mind when you are posting!

The Stages: Guardian Cats

• To earn First Stage: (Mauvian/Cat form only)
    Requirements: There are no requirements at this stage; when you get your Guardian Cat, this is the first form they will have. They will not be able to access other forms until they hit requirements to unlock their humanoid appearance and above!

• To earn Second Stage: (Humanoid Mauvian form)
    Requirements: 12 Solos | 6 Battles | 12 Regular RPs (AND/OR ITEM EQUIVALENT)
    Cooldown: You must have had your Guardian Cat's art and had them in play for three months before you can post them for growth to access their humanoid art stage! Though the humanoid Mauvian art is usually done at the same time the cat Mauvain art is done, you must meet these requirements for the cat to ICly unlock the humanoid form. You must post in the appropriate growth thread before you will be able to play in this form!

• To earn Third Stage: (Senshi Mauvian form)
    Requirements: This information is a little more specific than other requirements and, while it is a third piece of art it is not a true third stage in terms of power. Because this stage is so unique, full information can be found over in the Mauvian Information thread! You must PM the shop mule when you have reached the growth requirements as outlined in the Mauvian Thread; you will need to work out a plot to grow to this stage as well as have henshin pen design and senshi uniform design approved. Once all of that has been arranged, you can post in this thread!
    Cooldown: You must have had your Guardian Cat's humanoid art and had them in play for six months before you can post them for growth to earn a Mauvian Senshi stage!

User Image

The Space Cauldron

Captain

The Space Cauldron

Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:35 am
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:35 am
User Image

The Space Cauldron

Captain

The Space Cauldron