Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Literate Spam Guild

Back to Guilds

The original literate chatterbox. 

Tags: Literate, Spam, Lick, Suck, Gulp 

Reply The Literate Spam Guild
What are you guys into recently? Hobbies, work, etc!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do we still get 10 gold for voting
  yes
  yes (but no)
View Results

Kokaloo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:35 pm
Let's get somethin' started, what's been takin' up most of your time recently? What's just been on your brain that you can't get out?
I started making keyboards (yeah it's silly) and trying to chase something in electronic engineering. Learning 3d modeling so I can make my own someday. Here's my most recent. https://i.imgur.com/TUWMecx.jpg
What about you guuuys!?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:07 pm
Spent the last year and a half working on genealogy for an oil and gas company, but was recently laid off.
They say they want to hire me back in December, but we'll see.
My non-compete clause should be up around then, and I might be able to get a better paying job doing the same thing.
Supposedly the downturn in the US market will be reversing itself by then.

I'm currently working on a food/music/art festival in my hometown.
I'll be overseeing roughly 450 volunteers this year - less than last year, but I'm not mad about it!
Too bad it doesn't pay...
It is great for networking, and I got interviewed for the program.
I've gone to the festival my entire life, worked it as a volunteer for 8 years, and was promoted to co-chair of my committee a couple of years ago.
It takes up all of my free time from mid August through October.

Other than that, I came back to Gaia when I was laid off.
I plan to stay active again. I just hadn't had time for it in the past...decade-ish.

Good job on the keyboard!
The only creative/skill oriented fun stuff I can do is needlecrafts and furniture restoration.
I found an end table recently that I want to try and repair.
Some idiot chalk painted it, and in good original condition it would've retailed at around $500.
MAYBE I can save it. Hope so.  

Fiskers

Akky the Terrible

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:29 pm
I crochet and knit. A lot. Too much, judging by the pain in my hands. I tried to get into weaving but I found I don't have the patience.
I also play a lot of D&D, and collect the dice that comes with the territory.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:44 am
- Singing soprano in a professional choir
- Playing flute and piccolo in an advanced wind ensemble
- Nair art and care
- D&D/Pathfinder/other nerdy roleplaying games
- Moderating for Gaia (this is year... 8?)
- Lots of baking

My life is pretty busy working full time as an elementary music teacher, but my hobbies are also super busy. What is time? What is relaxing?

**Goes screaming into the distance...**  

Junai Bokunenjin

Ferocious Flautist

51,590 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Forever a Musician 500

Xiporah

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:33 pm
- I married EvilMcBadguy almost a year ago. We do married things like grocery shopping and cooking dinner!
- Shitposting memes and creepy art on FB
- Obsessing over Mid Century Modern architecture/decor/clothes.
- Obsessing over Brutalist architecture.
- Oversharing on Facebook because I treat it like screaming into the void.
- Listening to boomer music and dad rock unironically
- Looking at CHONKY HAMBS on reddit and facebook
- Endlessly scrolling through reddit (I'm all about r/AntiMLM, r/AskWomen, r/IDontWorkHereLady and r/SampleSize, plus pretty much any cat sub I find.) I also deleted my Xiporah account so now I can be all anon OOOOOOO.
- NAILS. I maintain long fake nails now. I've always wanted long nails and can't grow them naturally. They're POINTY. I HAVE POINTY CLICKY CLACKS. I'M THAT b***h.
- I love singing! I just love to sing. I will never do anything with it and don't even go to Karaoke, but it's just so much fun. I'm mediocre at it,
- Ranting about politics and my overall disgust for humanity in general on FB
- Dressing up goth when it's completely unnecessary and perhaps not appropriate.
- POKEMON GO. I'M HIP WITH THE KIDS
- I'm getting really into make up and pretty goth clothing. I am pretty addicted to skirts and dresses now. I am so so SO sick and ******** tired of wearing nothing but ill fitting jeans and tee shirts.
- Video games
- Scrolling through insta to look at cats, weed and mostly naked sexy goth models, because I still can't figure out my sexuality at almost 40 years old.
- Starting to go to concerts again now that I can finally drive
- Oh yeah. I finally had the courage to get my drivers license last year.
- I still work at the same place. Celebrated my 15 year anniversary there, I'm still an admin assistant and still refuse to leave or look for a new career. (Why would I? We get annual raises just for sticking around.)
- Obsessively googling everything. People are always amazed at how much surface information I have about lots of stuff from my googling.
- I LIKE WEARING HATS! I wish it was more acceptable to wear them inside.
- Unpacking my trauma and learning to unhate myself. (Both as a person and my body, which is where the new interest in clothing and make up comes from)
- Getting back into plants again. (Growing, propagating and overall just taking care of them)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:53 pm
*Just got out of a 5 year relationship (not sad about it)
*Moved back home, so have been super nostalgic, hence logging in here.
*Bought a new car.
*Got a new job that I like. I arrange for PSWs and Nurses to go see clients in their home.
*Trying to start saving for a house.
*I’m obsessed with Dragon Age Inquisition, and eagerly anticipating the next installment.
*Trying to find myself again, because I haven’t been me in awhile.

irisdolly

The Reverend Menagerie

O.G. Codger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:37 pm
I don't remember where I was in life when the guild died and my interest in Gaia did as well.

I still work with the developmentally disabled.
Still with my girlfriend (who actually introduced me to the guild).
I nearly died at least once.
I don't talk as much as i used to.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:40 pm
I'm back in school again to get my certification in veterinary technology and also working at an animal clinic in town.

I quit my job of 4.5 years earlier this year because my boss (who was not the boss I started that job with) was beyond insufferable and the money wasn't worth putting up with her.

My boyfriend-now-fiance of seven years proposed to me while we were at Disney for my birthday and we're hoping to get married Halloween 2021!

I have multiple pets I didn't have before when the guild petered out, including actual love of my life, Ruby.

I volunteer at the local museum's animal department and it makes me wish I were done with school already so I can work in a dang zoo already.  

Hiei Cake

6,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:33 pm
This is my 7th year teaching! I've worked with grades K, 2, 3, 4, and 5. I'm teaching 4th grade right now, hope to stay here for a while.

I had a baby this summer! His name is Logan and he's 3 months old. He was born the day before my 5th wedding anniversary.

I'm into granny crafts: knitting and cross stitch.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:10 pm
Have taken up knitting in the last year, currently working on 3 projects with 4 (I think?) more planned.

Unemployed for the last 2 months after quitting a frustrating and highly mediocre kitchen job, but starting an "adult" office job with the state of CA next week.

Living with my partner and our 3 cats in a city I thought for several years I hated and it's lovely.  

Stereo Heathen

Angel Fria

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:28 pm
I forgot when was the last time I was active on here but since then:

- Got a bf.
- Graduated college
- Started work in a game studio as a vector game artist
- Took up ice skating as a hobby, now at ISI FS5 Level
- Got a dog
- Went travelling (to the US, Japan and some parts of Europe) with my family
- Dog died
- Buried self in work the past year in the same studio as a concept artist. Game worked on will be released on the PS4 10 days from now.
- Moved closer to work, now live in an apartment with some roomies
- Now seeking continued education for entertainment design / art / concept art

Roomie got back into Gaia just recently so I decided to check as well. I also needed to poke around for work.

Glad to see some familiar usernames here! It feels so long ago.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:20 am
work/school: started grad school for a PhD this fall.
hobbies: outdoor stuff (e.g., hiking, camping, rock climbing, etc.), watercolors, growing plants

logged on for the first time in years
bc i was cleaning my computer files and came across a paint file w/ my old avatar outfits saved. >>

Evaporation

Addykat

Dapper Krampus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:27 pm
I post short little updates but I don't remember what I've really mentioned

- Graduated college with a degree in Art and Design
- Moved back home because lol upper michigan
- Worked at a restaurant for 3 years
- Moved to Illinois, lived in a friend's spare bedroom for two years
- Got a job at an e-commerce company in customer service
- Met a local boy
- Switched departments to basic IT
- Moved to my own place, a studio apt in the same town
- Am now dating said local boy
- Realized previous relationship was basically lowkey abusive and I'm still unlearning a lot of garbage and this guy I'm with now is just incredible
- Moved in with local boy

Meanwhile:
- Diagnosed with anxiety, depression
- Looking for an ADHD diagnosis but doctors are expensive
- Slowly working on my brain issues

I still draw but obviously the dayjob comes first. I've sold art at a few conventions and working on reopening my Etsy and just kinda keeping it hobby-tier for now since my brain cannot handle the pressure illustration has been bringing me since I graduated.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:48 am
I'm a nurse, woo. I work weekends only, 16 hours Saturday and 16 hours Sunday and get paid for 40.
I got married to a man I met in an MMO that Zett got me to play, haha. We moved into a cozy house. Coming up on 10 years together early next year. No kids and no plans for kids, but I do have a cat, a dog, and a flying squirrel.
I play video games, read a lot, and my husband has been DMing a DnD game for his brother, SIL, and me for the past year or so.
I haven't grown up yet and it's not looking like it's going to happen anytime soon.
Living a chill life. Might go back to school for my BSN, but I'm pretty happy where I am right now.. we'll see how I feel about it in the future.

I miss y'all. I don't think I talk to anyone from the guild anymore. But if anyone passing through during their annual nostalgia trip wants to maybe catch up a bit, my discord is K.#4695
Or PM me, I'll eventually log in again and read it. I really do miss everyone.  

No Sex For You

Cuivie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:26 am
Long and boring story short, I work doing pixel art for video games now and am always tired.  
The Literate Spam Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games