Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[ LECTURE ] On Fear and Skull Pins (☠) - Pg 4 Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:24 pm
Per the usual method of advertising classes at Amityville Academy, flyers had been posted around the school advertising a lecture on Fear and... skull pins? Skull pins? Seriously?

Every student at Amityville Academy was given one upon entry to the school. It was mandatory to wear it at all times, save for within a student's dorm room or on the campus. Students who had a non-humanoid form could take on their natural appearance by removing the skull pin at those locations. By themselves, the skull pin was used to identify them as a student of Amityville Academy.

...But that was it, right? The flyer seemed to imply that there was something more to them...

The class itself was taking place in a lecture hall in Amityville Academy. A table had been set up next to the entrance, upon which a pile of papers had been stacked. Every paper had room for a student's name, their identifying race, and a question. Each paper bears a different question.

In addition to the stack of papers there was also a box on the table. Anyone who looked inside would discover that it contained a pile of hissing pen snakes, likely for those that had forgotten (or didn't care) to bring writing utensils with them.

At the front of the lecture hall Professor Red fidgeted behind the lectern’s podium. Currently she was flipping through a notebook, glancing up from it long enough to note who entered.

The First Task

If you wish to participate in the first task (and reach the initial 250 word requirement easily) please fill out the following:

[quote]
[b]Name:[/b] (Your character's IC name)
[b]Race:[/b] (Your character's race)
[b]Question:[/b] (Please copy/paste it here; see "Questions" below. You will need to roll a dice to determine which question you receive.)
[b]Response:[/b]

(Your character's answer to the question here)

[quote="The OOC"][color=red][b]By posting this, I acknowledge that I've read the entire post and that I'm totally okay with everything in this thread including the bold red text from Maru down below.[/b][/color][/quote]

[/quote]

Questions

Upon entering, roll 1d6. The number you roll determines which question your character gets to answer:
  1. What is Fear?
  2. What is/are your Fear(s)? Include categories.
  3. Describe your natural ability/abilities. Which do you like the best and why?
  4. What do you know about skull pins?
  5. Did you honestly have nothing better to do today except attend a lecture?
  6. What does your skull pin look like? Is there anything about it you'd like to change?

The OOC

WARNING: I get easily distracted. Please consider putting dialog/actions in bold red in order to catch my attention. Quoting helps me too!

REQUEST: Please include your character's name in EVERY post you make here! This way I can start learning your character's names and have Red call your character out as needed.

LIMITATIONS: None, but please be aware that some actions will have consequences. Please consider limiting the amount of characters you have attend this class; this class is aimed at Amityville Students. While Horsemen and Hunters in golems can participate, Amityville Students will receive the most benefit from having Professor Red talk at them.

DURATION: Unknown, no set duration I'm really bad at durations ok.

RP POINTS:
    • +1 RP point for posting in this thread with a minimum RP post of 250 words. Note that your post needs to be an actual role-play post; "reserving" posts won't count. Please also refrain from posting reaction images as well, as they will not count towards earning the RP point.
    • +1 RP point for going over 800 words.
    • + additional opportunities may be available.

BY POSTING IN THIS RP YOU AGREE TO THE POSSIBILITY OF HORRIBLE THINGS BEING DONE TO YOUR CHARACTER not like meta-level suffering, but like detention-level suffering. You are also okay with the potential of your character being exposed to In̕s̀a̛͘ni̸͡t͢͜y̵͜, however your character will not be permanently affected by it. But temporarily? Maybe. If you are concerned about any potential long-term effects, please feel free to contact me.

CONTACT: If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me via PM's.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:25 pm
Class Directory

Post 1: Intro, pg 1 (scroll up)
      Post 2: Lecture Start, pg 2 (here)
      Post 3: Lecture, on abilities pg 3 (here)
      Post 4: Question answering, where to next, pg 4 (here)

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
Enoh Love rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:30 pm
She was gonna do it.

She was totally gonna do it.

Helmut was ready to learn. Again. Still. You know, for real this time! The little wendigo, now a little more than slightly less little, at least in height, strode as proudly as she could into the room. Her head held high, her little claws balled into fists at her sides, her droopy eyes locked on target and focused -

And then she saw the Professor.

The wind fled from her sails with a squeaky gasp, and she simply scurried over to grab a paper - then returned later for a pen - and quickly found a seat, hoping to make herself as small and insignificant as possible, to avoid all sorts of attention.

Quote:

Name: Helmut Purge
Race: Monster - Arctic Wendigo
Question: Describe your natural ability/abilities. Which do you like the best and why?
Response:

I can take warmth from other creeple which is cool because i can't warm myself and being warm is nice. i can also make people sluggish and sleepy because of it which is also good because i like naps.

The OOC
By posting this, I acknowledge that I've read the entire post and that I'm totally okay with everything in this thread including the bold red text from Maru down below. yes

Yayoi rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:12 pm
It wasn't like he really wanted to go. Sidron had been fairly distracted as of late and skipped out on a lot of his classes. So maybe he'd just attend this class and then Amy couldn't pester him about skipping class. Sometimes she was such a book worm...flower...? Book flower? He was pretty sure worms were a bad thing for her. Maybe. Actually in all honest he didn't really know.

He'd have to ask her.

The dragon eyeballed the professor for a second. There was something off but it wasn't any of his business. Nor was he really all that curious. So he wouldn't go poking. No, it was not in his nature to poke.

Grabbing a piece of paper and a snake pen, he moved to a seat. Settling in and reading over the questions on the paper before scribbling down his answer. It seemed like a pretty simple questionnaire. The ghoul who had come in before him seemed pretty nervous or something. She merely got a glance before he went to boredly folding the edge of the paper over and over again until a permanent crease was formed.

He shifted in his seat. The chair making a loud creaking noise with his adjustment. Orange eyes glancing around at the relatively empty, for now, lecture hall. From previous experience he figured more people would begin to show up last minute. Sidron wasn't sure why but the serious lateness of people to classes and lectures kind of annoyed him. It was a mystery because he did not show up to most of his classes. But if he could arrive with a good amount of time to mill about before it started others could too, right?

Right.

Quote:

Name: Sidron Blackert
Race: Monster / Black Dragon
Question: What do you know about skull pins?
Response:

They keep natural forms in check. Although mine seems to barely be able to keep my size in check.

The OOC
By posting this, I acknowledge that I've read the entire post and that I'm totally okay with everything in this thread including the bold red text from Maru down below.

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

LiquidMangos rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

LiquidMangos

Feral Leaf

18,650 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:50 am
Damaris couldn't help but want to know more about this little button she had been given upon her arrival at the school.

While she had other pins pinned to her nice, warm, fuzzy hat, it had been a rather interesting addition to her small collection. She did have others and often changed them around before leaving her dorm, she always made sure to keep her school-given pin.

The Teron had been asked to wear it or keep it safe. She wasn't sure where a safe place would be in her dorm so she figured on her hat would be the best place.

And after hearing about a class that would shed some light on what exactly this pin could do, other than look pretty cool on her hat.

Damaris quickly adjusted her hat and entered the classroom, timidly peeking in before proceeding any further. Her light push got her inside and she nearly 'eep'ed at their intimidating professor before giving a quick bow in said teacher's direction. Her stormy eyes flickered to the stack of papers before giving a quick nod, shuffling over to the papers, grabbing a pen, as she had forgotten her own, and found a seat mid-way among the desks.

Quote:

Name: Damaris
Race: Monster - Teron (Branch off of Perytons)
Question: Did you honestly have nothing better to do today except attend a lecture?
Response:

Well... When I saw the subject, I thought it would be a good idea to learn more about what was given to me. I've only heard that I should have it on me or stowed away somewhere safe. I've heard rumor that it had more 'abnormal' properties and I figured it would be a good idea to know more.

The OOC
By posting this, I acknowledge that I've read the entire post and that I'm totally okay with everything in this thread including the bold red text from Maru down below.

Smerdle rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:11 am
Rojo had always had a special place in his figurative heart for his skull pin. He didn't actually need one (as far as he knew), considering that he always looked like this, but that didn't stop him from remembering to put it on every day, or at the very least on the days he wore clothes. When he saw there was going to be a whole class on the things, the skeleton cleared his already empty schedule and made sure he was in attendance. Thankfully he was also fully clothed and pinned because according to this flyer, they were required? Whoops. He touched the little skull affixed to his tie as he grabbed a sheet of paper from the table by the door and took a seat.

"What is Fear?" the boil whispered to himself once he was settled, tapping his borrowed pen snake against his teeth and ignoring its tiny, angry bites. To be honest, he didn't really know. It was... everything, he supposed. He had used it in fights and read about creeple gathering it on the humans' Halloween. He scribbled out a quick response, making a mental note to ask exactly what it was later if no one provided him with an answer before then.

Turning his attention to his fellow students and their instructor, Rojo found plenty to occupy his time until class began. While seemingly staring straight ahead, the skeleton shifted his periphery until he had gotten his fill of the fuzzy monster, the giant dragon, the intimidated deer ghoul, and their dangerous-looking instructor. He longed to ask questions or strike up a conversation, but in the end, decided to keep to himself.

Quote:
Name: Rojo
Race: Undead / Calaca
Question: What is Fear?
Response:

Fear is the stuff that makes up all of Halloween. Creeple, vaisels, everything! We can gather it up and attack with it and eat it and it's really good stuff to have if we want to live. Humans make it when they're scared. I think. You know, I am really not sure if it's the same stuff because eating human waste is a little weird. Oh, well!

The OOC

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

Rathurue rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)

Rathurue

Alien Abductee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:32 am
A lecture about these pins, huh? Mahlan looked almost uninterested at the announcement flyers flowing from nowhere. Heck, it littered everywhere she could see, with some student picking it and tosses it aside. Some, though, interestedly picked it, noted the place where the lecture was held, and quickly rushed after finding it will began in no time.

Heck, she has time to spare. Why don't drop in for a while and listen? Trees are gooooood listeners.

Also the pin-system has been bothering her. Why did they needed to be 'restricted' in humanoid forms here? Would not it be more, dunno, FREE should they be allowed to keep their natural forms all the time? Sure, they can assume their forms inside their dorm rooms...also, what the heck it was made. Maybe a bonus question, but why the gnomes likes to take it for pranks.

Quote:

Name: Mahlan Ulmace
Race: Ghost
Question: 4: What do you know about skull pins?
Response:

It was given to every student as proof of their admittance to the Academy; it forces students into humanoid forms should their natural form was not, also it was like, made with something unique?

The OOC

Bloodlust Dante rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:05 am
Damien was more intrigued about the fact that it was a lecture than a class. Maybe it was just a different way of calling the meeting, it still piqued his interest. The topic was more puzzling, the addressing of the skull pin that he had on while staring at the flyer. Something so innocuous, that they have had since the beginning of their days here. Damien had kept it in good care, the item that allowed him to have a form that walked on just two limbs.

It was a symbol of being a student here, but it did leave the monster with questions to bring up during the lecture.

Like what happens when they leave here, are there still devices to grant the user a humanoid form to use. It felt very important to tie into his career choice of becoming an actor or anything in the public's eye.

It was almost funny how he never thought about that detail before, as he walked over to Amity's lecture hall. Professor Red was already there, glancing up and indicating to the obvious paper and hissing pen pile. Its OK, he brought his own pen, he learned to be prepared for school related activities. The question was a little basic in his opinion, or was it testing what he knew? The hellhound monster wasn't sure but put in what was told of him for many octobers that passed, what fear was considered.

The paper was scribbled in and the hound had flipped through a test script for the part he was trying to memorize.

Quote:

Name: Damien Gavenkrantz
Race: Monster- Hellhound
Response:

Fear is what makes up our land of Halloween. Every structure, every item is composed of it. It is harvested from frightened and spooked human's as a byproduct which is harvested and put to use by us. It is a requirement for our survival.

The OOC

Bloodlust Dante

Fortunate Hellraiser

Nio Love rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:09 pm
Magda was thrilled to be entering into another class. She'd seen the subject - skull pins - and knew that it sounded like information that was already widely known. But what was life without a few surprises? Surely she'd find out something of interest in the class; whether it was from the teacher, from another student, or perhaps from reading some writing that was left on a desk! Learning could happen anywhere, at anytime. Magda looked for ways to capture the moment when it came.

She moved to sit down on the chair, crossed her ankles primly, and folded her hands in front of her. She'd already picked up a paper and pen snake, and they both sat in front of her folded hands. Well, one sat - one slithered, slowly looking for a way out. Every so often she would pick it back up when it got too close to the edge, and put it back down on top of the paper.

It was a full five minutes before she even considered reading what the paper asked for her, and filling the questionnaire out herself. When her eyes fell on the writing, she let out a gasp, as if it hadn't been there all along. Her hand picked up the pen snake and straightened it out, before she began to fill it out quickly. It was a simple questionnaire, until she came to the one actual question left on it. Was she meant to say she did have something better to do? Was she meant to say she had nothing better to do? It was a puzzle, indeed!

Quote:

Name: Magda Szaimy
Race: Jabberwock
Question: Did you honestly have nothing better to do today except attend a lecture?
Response:

"Yes! I mean no! I mean yes! What was the question again?" Magda looked superbly prepared for the class, and for answering more questions. She simply did not seem prepared to give proper answers.

The OOC

Pixie Krysta Ordreg rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:22 pm
Xyra push her purple curls from her face as she enters the hall, looking a tad curious for a brief moment. With a glance around, she didn't seem to worried as she grabs herself one of the papers off the table. Moving to an empty seat, she leans back in her chair.

Her golden eyes glance around again before she relaxed. She didn't know why she was nervous, maybe it was because she been so use to the library as of late. No matter, she was here now.

Turning her attention back to her task, she glance over the paper before a frown forms on her lips.

This couldn't be right..could it?

Please tell her this had to be some practical joke.

Her eyes glancing back tot he teacher before she pinched the bridge of her nose. Nope, she was going to answer this question, even if all she wanted to do was get up at the moment to leave. Popping her bag open, she pulls out a pen as she grumbles in her head how did this pertain to skull pins like the advertisement. It made no sense to her, but then she was starting to understand that many things didn't make sense at first.

Tapping her paper only for a moment, she thought of her answer.

And kept thinking, wondering she she was honestly overthinking this question.

When nothing came to her mind, she just decided to write her honest thoughts on the matter.

After all, what was the worse that could happen to her for answering honestly?

Quote:

Name: Xyratis Pazuzukin
Race: Demon - Tiefling
Response:

Well, I thought I was honestly going to be learning something worth it. Looking back on this question, I am started to wonder though. I could be in the library, but since I am starting to learn that nothing is what it seems here at Amity...

Yes...I had nothing better to then then come to this lecture.

The OOC

Pixie Krysta Ordreg

Fashionable Spirit

13,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
OpticPeach rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

OpticPeach

Otherworldly Bear

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:39 am
Malik was ready for another class. He'd been slacking off too much lately, and now it was time to get serious again. He hadn't really thought too much on what class he would attend, but when he saw the flyer for this one with Professor Red he couldn't pass it up. It had also helped that he'd spotted his favorite Jabberwock preparing for the lecture when he wandered by the door. He almost missed the table with the stack of papers on it in his attempt to get over to sit by her before someone else did, and only after nearly getting bit by an angry little pen snake slithering from the box did he notice. He picked both pen and paper up, and after taking a seat next to Magda he began to read up on it. If he was joining this lecture he might as well get a head start on the material set out for him. He read over it a few times, unsure of really how to answer the question. He'd never put much thought into his skull pin, and now that he was asked about it he had no idea what to write for it. He thought about asking Magda what her response was, but decided against it. He didn't even know if she had the same question after all, and she looked very into whatever it was. Best to not bother her for now and just wait for her to finish before talking to her.

Quote:

Name: Malik
Race: Demon - Avarice (Greed)
Question: What does your skull pin look like? Is there anything about it you'd like to change?
Response:

My skull pin just looks like every other I suppose? There's nothing exactly special about it. I don't really have a fancy one. As for if there were anything I'd like to change about it....well maybe having it reflect me a little more would be nice. That's about all.

The OOC

Nio Love
Quoting you just cuz Magda. <3

ramenli rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:51 am
One of the tricks to causing envy was to sell it. Which was what Adelaide was well practiced in. She tried to project that sense that she owned the world as she started through the hallways of the school, despite the fact that she didn't have a clue as to where she was going. Fake it til you make it, it was a valuable lesson that she'd learned early on.

That was the only reason she'd actually made it to a lecture. A couple of wrong turns and the ghoul had found students, students to practice her arts on. It was only after she'd moved straightened her dress and moved in that she saw the table and realized there was an assignment involved. By then it was too late. She'd been spotted, a paper and hissing pen passed to her, and if she didn't want to lose her credibility she was going to have to work through this. At least the paper didn't seem too long, only a single question other than some basic information.

Taking a breath and squaring her shoulders, Adelaide strolled into the room, taking a seat toward the front of the hall but far enough back that it was clear she wasn't aiming for the front row. Crossing her legs she looked down at the paper and began to fill it out, tapping her pen against her chin occasionally as she decided precisely how she wanted to word things. When she was done she looked up, studying the woman fidgeting at the podium first before glancing at the other students.

Quote:

Name: Adelaide
Race: Demon
Question: Describe your natural ability/abilities. Which do you like the best and why?
Response:

My natural ability allows me to change my hair, eye, and/or skin color and pattern at will. It's useful when I want to pull off an outfit someone else wants but wouldn't normally match my coloring, and I never have to worry about going gray.

The OOC

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

amicableAggressor rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)

amicableAggressor

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:17 pm
Now this had been a class that was just useful. Not on any particular socio-political warpath, but genuinely interested in the subject of the class, Indu had made sure to mark the class date and location in her planner. What kind of student didn't want to learn about fear? It was like, the building block of their existence. And the fact that pins were mentioned as well - wasn't that exciting? Who would read that and go 'whatever, my pin is just my pin'?

If there was a class about fear and pins, surely that meant that pins were related to fear. It made sense, since some students shifted form when they put theirs on. Maybe this class was on how to create objects that manipulated the fear of others - and the underlying mechanics of it. Indu had excitedly theorized in the back of her mind when she had first seen the posters.

Arriving in class, she had taken one of the papers and settled down in one of the front row seats. Taking out one of her own pens (What kind of student wouldn't bring one of those to class? Geez!) she quickly hunched over her paper and began to write in earnest. After a few minutes of industrious writing, she flipped the paper and continued to write on the back, silent except for the sound of her pen scratching on the page.

Quote:

Name:Indu ibn Qurra
Race: Reaper
Response:
The writing is neat and legible, with a practised slant. It looks like Indu did her best to write an essay response to the question - despite the paper not holding enough room for one.

While Fear can manifest in thousands of different variations, the actual substance is the same. Fear is a naturally occurring base component of the universe. It is generated by humans, as a byproduct of their day to day functions. It's primary use is to create and sustain the world and all inhabitants Halloween. While there has never been an officially released statement as to the method human bodies use to fabricate it, it has been isolated and identified, and is scientifically proven to be the most vital component of Halloween life.

Humans naturally have different constant low-level outputs of fear, while for some it is so small as to be non-existent, other humans can, through medical reasons, life circumstances, or via induced fear output by Halloween operatives, constantly give off strong enough fear for them to be a constant and healthy source. However, most humans require their fear glands to be stimulated, through contact with a Halloweener. These individuals are known as Trick or Treaters and all have been trained and certified to be able to produce the maximum amount of Fear a human can safely emit, while also ensuring their own safety and the safety of other Halloween citizens, respectively.

There are many different ways of harvesting Fear, as well as a wide variety of techniques. With this large spectrum of options, disagreement has often flared up over which way is the most effective, and if they health and safety of humans should be considered a priority or
- the writing here gets smaller and smaller as the paper has run out of room. It stops at the end of the line. However, the other side of the sheet is filled from top to bottom with the rest of the essay. It brings up DETH, horsemen, Fear in combat, scarelings and life/birth, and the structure of the world of Halloween.
I only stopped writing to spare everyone an 800 word essay on fear. If you want it I will complete it.

The OOC

pff what's so bad about detention

thyPOPE rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:26 pm
Quote:

Name: Ryouma
Race: Monster/Thunder Kirin
Question: (Please copy/paste it here; see "Questions" below. You will need to roll a dice to determine which question you receive.)
Response:

(Your character's answer to the question here)

The OOC

thyPOPE

Devoted Hoarder

Syusaki rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)

Syusaki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:10 pm
Seeing the hellhound ghoul in class was quite the accomplishment, but to be honest Alecto really didn't know why she'd wandered into the classroom. She'd been more interested in finding something nice and cool to set aflame, but instead Megaera had pulled her into the nearest room and forced her self into the closest seat. "Hmmm????" A clawed hand confusedly scratched her head, but she managed to fill out the question anyways.

Sort of. She wrote down something ,at least.

Quote:

Name: Alecto
Race: Hellhound
Question: What do you know about skull pins?
Response:

(written in clumsy scrawl) required for school!

can take off in room.

natural forms no good when you wear the pin!!! : (

The OOC

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff